Newbie from the Netherlands

ssupytalp

Hi there!

I'm a 41 year old single woman from the Netherlands, bursting with curiosity and impatience to try out all the goodies here!

After reading a (mostly) spoof article about copulines, I got curious and googled the term... And several hours - well, days really - of surfing has led me to these boards and the LP store.

I have just placed my first order - all kinds of blends loaded with cops and/or pheromones (some scented and some unscented).

I've spent years playing with BPAL and this seems like a perfect extension of that.

In my first order, I've more or less tried to focus on two different goals: I'd like to be in a relationship again (with plenty of sex please), hopefully / maybe with a man that I had a sort of fling with at the end of last year; it never really got off the ground at the time, mostly due to emotional/trust/sexual issues at his end - as well as impatience and insecurities on mine.

We did keep in touch for a while but currently haven't spoken for a few months - but I am hoping to see him again at a party in October.

So maybe, by that time, I'll have found something that can give a little boost to anyting that might still be there...

And if not, who knows, I might meet someone else wonderful and kind and smart and delicious-smelling (I am always very aware of how huge a part a man's scent plays in how much I am attracted to him. Can't stand smokers, for that reason) in the near future.

:Emoticons0424:

The other part of my first order is more with socializing in mind, probably with women more than men; people tend to perceive me as stand-offish, and I do have a tendency to observe rather than participate in groups and with people I work with for instance (unless there is lots of alcohol involved, but unfortunately that is not appropriate in every setting!).

I would love to be able to come across as just a smidge more friendly, more approachable.

I am on birth control pills (PCOS; also, very much not interted in having babies), so with the first goal in mind I have ordered the Essence Oil - I am planning to be veeeeeerry careful with it though (probably mix a drop with some jojoba oil or something) because I keep reading how incredibly strong it is!

For the second, socializing part, I have tried to focus more on blends containing pheromones that promote trust, opening up, etc.

Anyway, I am sure I will spend many more hours lurking (and maybe sometimes posting) here.

I can't wait for the first order to arrive! :cat690:

(edited because of course the relationship not getting off the ground was not entirely his fault - plenty of issues on my end, too)

Edited by ssupytalp

Ah, actually, just realized it might be nice to list what I've actually ordered.

Let's see.

Samples of:

- OCCO White Shield

- BAM sandalwood & resins

- BAM vanilla & honey

- LAM pink amber

- LAM spicy brown sugar

- Cuddle Bunny phero enhanced perfume

- TMI

- Seer

- Bonded enhanced with Perfect Match

And because there are no samples available, roll-ons (love the oil option!) of Essence Oil and Gotcha!.

Scent-wise I am most unsure of things like Cuddle Bunny and Bonded; I generally do better with resiny and foody blends, the more floral / powdery / soapy things are usually not so good on me.

But the properties sounded so good, and if they don't work well on their own I might be able to mix them with another fragrance.

I've learned from BPAL to go very carefully with applications; it's the ones that don't suit my skin generally that project the loudest and longest!

Probably because 'clashing' draws more attention from my nose than 'harmony'.

Whohoooo!!! :morph:

Edited by ssupytalp

Yay you made it! Welcome to the most fun addiction!

Thank you!

Ah, and being able to combine the unscented and lightly scented ones with my favorite BPALs (did I mention I rotate that collection out by season? I've just installed my 22 autumn / winter bottles, plus there are still oodles of imps)....

The possibilities are mind boggling!

Hi & welcome Platypuss,

I know you're going to have heaps of fun trying all the LPs. I'm new too and I'm already loving what my "preciouses" are doing for me.

Since you said you like foody scents, you might want to give Velvet kisses a try, as it has the Cuddle Bunny phero in it. It is the most delicious mocha/chocolate/subtly orange scent ever, and on me it encourages people to want dessert.

I love your name by the way- I'm from Australia & the platypuss is my favourite Australian animal!

Welcome!

All of your BLAMS! look scrummy! I love LAM & BAM and hope you will too. Your whole list is full of winners! I thought I'd never go for florals or powdery scents and - though I'm still a foodie through and through - LP has converted me with the incredible variety here. I'm sure you'll quickly fall in love too :girlHeart-5:

:smilies-23596:

Thank you everyone!

Hi platypuss, welcome! For social purposes I suggest trying g2, OW and maybe even lace.

Thank you for the tips!

What does 'OW' stand for?

I haven't figured out all the abbreviations yet - it took me a while yesterday to find that 'LAM' that everyone was talking about... ;)

Since you said you like foody scents, you might want to give Velvet kisses a try, as it has the Cuddle Bunny phero in it. It is the most delicious mocha/chocolate/subtly orange scent ever, and on me it encourages people to want dessert.

Ooooh, that sounds really good!

I have tried to find as many phero stuff yesterday that had samples; not sure if I could have bought a sample from Velvet Kisses and I just missed that one?

(there is SO much on the site! Still finding my way around)

Oh well, I should have enough to keep me experimenting for weeks at least already. :)

Also, I read somewhere that in November you can buy smaller portions of the pheros that don't usually come in samplers, so that sounds like a great time for a second order!

(would also give me time to save up some money again, because I pretty much cleared out my bank account yesterday... :Emoticons0086: )

Welcome aboard. :welcome384:

You've got a great start and Vladmyra is right, if you're not quite sure about CB, give Velvet Kisses a try. Its a really delicious chocolate concoction!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts. :D

Welcome Platypuss!! I'm also a huge foodie haha. It's not that foodies are the only thing I like but they're definitely up there among my favorites. And yes, in November ("Pheromas" as it's affectionately called around here) there are phero samples available which are especially great if you haven't had much experience with pheros but want to experiment.

Who are you on the BPAL forum? Except for the NA forum where my username is Kauket, I'm Invidiana here there and everywhere.

I have emailed Heather, to see if it's not too late to swap out the sample of Cuddly Bunny for one of Velvet Kisses.

Welcome Platypuss!! I'm also a huge foodie haha. It's not that foodies are the only thing I like but they're definitely up there among my favorites. And yes, in November ("Pheromas" as it's affectionately called around here) there are phero samples available which are especially great if you haven't had much experience with pheros but want to experiment.

Who are you on the BPAL forum? Except for the NA forum where my username is Kauket, I'm Invidiana here there and everywhere.

Thanks!

I am 'Hedera' on the BPAL forum (same user icon as here), but I haven't been active for a couple of months now: I go through times when I try out a lot of new scents and do a lot of swapping and buying, and then calmer periods where I'm quite happy with what I've got.

Come to think of it, I still have a few dozen or so imps I could put up for trade or sale or something there.

'Foodie' is definitely not the only thing I like, but 'soft and floral' tends to go shrill and powdery on me...

What are your favorite BPALs?

Some of mine would be Dorian, Black Forest, Old Scratch and of course Snake Oil. :)

Welcome, platypuss! it took me a minute to figure out the name, lol

I have emailed Heather, to see if it's not too late to swap out the sample of Cuddly Bunny for one of Velvet Kisses.

Thanks!

I am 'Hedera' on the BPAL forum (same user icon as here), but I haven't been active for a couple of months now: I go through times when I try out a lot of new scents and do a lot of swapping and buying, and then calmer periods where I'm quite happy with what I've got.

Come to think of it, I still have a few dozen or so imps I could put up for trade or sale or something there.

'Foodie' is definitely not the only thing I like, but 'soft and floral' tends to go shrill and powdery on me...

Some of mine would be Dorian, Black Forest, Old Scratch and of course Snake Oil. :)

I used to be active on the BPAL forum, but I'm just over here now. I still have some BPALs, though:

Spellbound

The Macabray

Boomslang

Wulric

Lines Written...

Morrocco v2

Snake Oil

Hope

I just couldn't keep up with the updates though, and I got tired of spending $60-80 on decants that hardly ever worked for me. I have a much higher success rate with LPs.

I think you picked some great ones.. and remember, don't trade the ones you don't love right away - try them again in a few weeks. I have had to re-try stuff several times (Cuddle Bunny was one of them) before I realized how much I like them ;)

Welcome!! Gosh, it's been a long time since I visited the BPAL site and board. My faves from way back include Snake Oil and Antique Lace. Honey Moon was another fun one!

I'll echo what halo said, don't be afraid of the notes you usually don't do well with. Mara's scent blends are very different from Beth's. You will find that things just *work*, even when you don't expect them to.

Thank you everyone for the sweet welcome words and advice! :)

I'll definitely try anything I can get my hands on; if there's one thing I learned from playing with BPAL it's that a description can be completely different from what the scent does on me.

Plus there are variables in weather, health, mood, etc etc... Not to mention ageing of the oils (I have some newer bottles that will need at least a year of aging before they will smell as sweet and deep and layered as the older imps I've been testing).

Anything that is not utterly horrible and / or migraine inducing gets at least two or three chances, usually.

Looks like I can't buy samples from the trading forum here until I have received my first official LP order - guess I need to work on honing that patience some more. ;)

(I do hope it gets here in time so that I'll have the opportunity to try some blends out before the party on October 20th; I would love to have a bit of a 'boost' then, but it would be nice to already have some idea of what the effects are of the stuff I'm wearing....)

Thanks!

I'll keep an eye out for you there, I probably didn't see you before because I wasn't too active these past couple months and now that Halloween is in full swing I'm back. Of the GC, definitely Snake Oil, Dorian, O, Jack, Perversion...Black Forest and Old Scratch both end up a tad masculine on me. I agree with the others that in LP Land some notes (like for me, cedar and lemongrass) that normally don't work on you may actually cooperate. Depends on the blend.

Hi Platypus!!! :)

I'm late to the welcoming comitee cause I've been working like a dog.

I started out on LP because I was initially attracted to the pheros, but over the years, for me anyway, they've come to matter less and less. I'm completely enchanted by the scents here now and the magick & intent behind them.

Don't get me wrong, I still like pheros but they just aren't as big of a draw as Mara & Johns lovely perfumes. Your in for some real treats!!

Just wanted to say hi and good luck with this fella in October :)

And.... :welcome384:

weLcome! Like invi, I'm on bpal too, though rarely in the last year, but same username. You didn't buy miss lupescu off me years ago, did you?!

Hmmm, I don't think so - I can't remember trying that, or even having it on my wish list.

But their catalogue is huge to say the least (plus, I've been buying the stuff for years; I still have some cobalt bottles, and the 10 mls they dont' make anymore) so I could well have done and simply not remember. :)

Hi Platypus!!! :)

I'm late to the welcoming comitee cause I've been working like a dog.

I started out on LP because I was initially attracted to the pheros, but over the years, for me anyway, they've come to matter less and less. I'm completely enchanted by the scents here now and the magick & intent behind them.

Don't get me wrong, I still like pheros but they just aren't as big of a draw as Mara & Johns lovely perfumes. Your in for some real treats!!

Just wanted to say hi and good luck with this fella in October :)

And.... :welcome384:

Thank you!

Oh yes, I am afraid this is going to be the start of a whole new, er, hobby (*coughaddictioncough*).

Hi and belated welcome! I can tell I'll look forward to your reviews because we have some demographics/goals in common, though I'm a bit older. I just wanted to add to all the excellent advice above--StacyK mentioned Super Sexy for Women, and I'd suggest a sample of Sneaky Clean (even if you think you don't care for soapy!), which has that in it. I've found that to be a great one for the social issues you described, and I have gotten wonderful results with increased friendliness/comfort levels with women as much as men.

Hi and belated welcome! I can tell I'll look forward to your reviews because we have some demographics/goals in common, though I'm a bit older. I just wanted to add to all the excellent advice above--StacyK mentioned Super Sexy for Women, and I'd suggest a sample of Sneaky Clean (even if you think you don't care for soapy!), which has that in it. I've found that to be a great one for the social issues you described, and I have gotten wonderful results with increased friendliness/comfort levels with women as much as men.

Thank you!

Putting those on the wish list as well. :)

Love your icon btw!

• 2 weeks later...

Whohoooo, my first order is here!!!!

And of course I want to try everything..... Going to have to work hard to restrain myself!

Some lovely freebies as well, so sweet and unexpected! And since those are phero-free, I can experiment with them a bit more freely (like using two in one day).

Fortunately, I have a couple of quite social weeks ahead so at least I'll have other people to get reactions from, and not just my dog and my cat. ;-)

The EoW oil smells, er, interesting.... Actually, it reminds me of a certain brand of fountain pens (Noodler's, they started out making ink first - yet another hobby of liquids for me!) that are made out of a vegetal resin.

It's not the same, but they seem to be in the same family.

It's an odd smell, and not terribly pleasant, but one I can get used to and even appreciate in tiny, tiny, really minute doses...

The EoW oil smells, er, interesting....

It's an odd smell, and not terribly pleasant, but one I can get used to and even appreciate in tiny, tiny, really minute doses...

But you will appreciate the attention it can generate lol.

Thank you Halo and LadyVictoria!

But you will appreciate the attention it can generate lol.

Fingers crossed I will get the opportunity to appreciate it....

My love life the last decade (and I wish I was kidding - but yes, I do mean decade) has been abysmal.

Well, mostly non-existing, really, apart from a couple of occasions with that fella last year.

And I was constantly amazed at how little sex we managed to have in such a short period of time! :D

Welcome! You will have to let us know which ones are your favorites :) Have you tried the OCCO white yet?

No, not yet - haven't had a chance to!

I might give it a try tomorrow, when I'm going to a knitting group... The only male participant is very cute but gay, but the cafe where we meet does have a rather attractive waiter... ;)

So, far, sniffing from the vial, I really like the smell of the Occo white, and I LOVE the pink amber scent!

I wonder if that one comes as an unpheromoned, scent-only option somewhere?