Does Cougar Flip the Switch?

So today I tried out cougar for the first time, in a sample of Enduring Appeal! I've been looking forward to trying this phero, since I've heard SO much good about it, and also since so many of you here are telling me I need to go with less cops since I'm wearing my pheros to work. I'm not sure what's in cougar (correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think the ingredients are listed for this one?) but I can tell by my friend's reaction that there's definitely some Est in there - he responded very favorably, although it wasn't the same crazy good mood happy that he gets from CB or sexology.

Lol, complete ADD moment side-note here - one of our female co-workers was talking to me about this guy the other day. She has a degree in counseling, and she was concerned that he's having "manic episodes" when he's just super happy and talkative. I'm not telling anybody at work about the pheros, so she doesn't know, but everything she was talking about were from times I was wearing CB! I do have one co-worker who has caught on to the fact that he's happier when I'm around, but now I have her making comments about how we should be getting married, so I'm trying to discourage her a bit as well. Okay, sorry this whole paragraph has nothing to do with the question at hand, I just wanted to share:)

Anyway, I did notice that about four hours into my day today, I just got super-grumpy and irritable! I'm wondering if certain pheros in the mix had burnt off quicker than others, leaving me with something that didn't agree with me. I find that I rarely feel self-effects from wearing pheromones, which makes it even odder. But really, for about an hour I felt like a complete raging b*tch for no real reason, and I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience with cougar?

My understanding is that the ingredients were proprietary so I'm not sure if anyone knows for certain. I thought that it had a smidge of cops in it but it must be minuscule because I can wear this on my clothes, in my hair and I've never had a problem with it. I love it for work because it makes everyone around me happy and relaxed and jovial... something that is sometimes desperately needed.

I can't say that I've ever felt grumpy later in the day but I can tell when the effects start to wear off. When its still "fresh" (as in until about 1pm or so), everyone is just happy, helpful, playful. Towards the end of day, everyone, including me, is more mellow... like we got our party on and now we're kicking back with a imaginary beer, feet up on the table.

In other threads though, some of the more experienced members have mentioned that some ingredients in pheros can burn off sooner than others so it could be possible that is what happened. Hopefully, you try again though and see what the effects are at other times. There do seem to be factors that can also affect how we perceive them (i.e. time of the month, sickness, etc.)

I get wimpy and weak feeling with EST. In some blends, like CB. But not in SS4W. It's weird. I think that the residue grumpies is a possibility, though I'll wait for Mara to weigh in. I'd try it again and see if it happens consistently. Sometimes our cycles affect the pheros too.

Thanks! I don't think it's the Est, since I don't get that way with CB, but it could have something to do with how they're combined I guess. Anyway, I'm definitely going to keep playing with cougar, probably for the rest of the week (unless I decide to throw in a CB day, but I did that Monday since I knew the guy was going to be grumpy that day - he was out of town and he always stresses when he comes back - CB didn't get crazy hits bc of that I think, but it offset the bad mood for sure). I have a sample of cougar potion coming in too, so I should be well set to play with some cougar! The scent of the Enduring Appeal actually turned out to be pretty good. Not one of my favorites, but definitely wearable. At first it smelled very soapy, which I didn't like, but within an hour or so it changed into something much better. I'm thinking tomorrow I may try a little more than I wore today since I know I can handle the scent.

Definitely try Cougar Potion. It's completely different from Enduring Appeal and although I like that one, it doesn't compare to Cougar Potion!!!

I get wimpy and weak feeling with EST. In some blends, like CB. But not in SS4W. It's weird. I think that the residue grumpies is a possibility, though I'll wait for Mara to weigh in. I'd try it again and see if it happens consistently. Sometimes our cycles affect the pheros too.

I've had the same type of reaction as you mentioned. However, time over time SS4W has always been an all star on me.

Hmm, okay...that's weird though because I didn't wear much at all, because I wasn't sure of the scent. I'll try a little less today, see how that goes, and then if it's good I'll work up from there.

Everyone's dosage is different. What you describe is indeed a classic sign of OD.......

Dang y'all beat me to the punch, yeah I'm of the opinion that it was overdose territory. A lot of things can kickstart an over excitation of your neurons when you throw pheromones into the mix. Drinking more water/less coffee can help. Small thing like that n such.

Thanks ladies! So today I wore a drop on each arm (usually I hold the sample vial to my wrist, and then rub it into the inside of the opposite elbow and up my inner arm), a little on my neck (using the tiny applicator wand) and then a little on the back of my neck. Yesterday I did put a good-sized drop on my chest, which I did NOT do today, figuring if it was right there where I'd be breathing it in all day it might have been the partial cause of an OD. Thankfully, today I had no problems. I was barely around the guy at all though, Wednesdays are just busy days that have us going in opposite directions, so I can't really comment on any results either.

It does make me sad that I can have negative self-effects when I rarely get positive ones, though.

Believe me, you can get positive effects!! You are experimenting and you'll find out what works for you. It's so different with everyone that there's no absolute one way to wear them. Once you find what works and how it works best on you, you'll be glad you experimented. Every day is a new learning experience around here. :D

Actually, selfies is what I meant too!! You will get them, that I do believe. :) I actually didn't even think you could get self effects when I first started and I don't feel them with all pheros but if you sample them out you will find ones that really do work. I thought Sexpionage would really get to my husband (he appears to be my worst test subject) but my self effects were off the wall. So in the end, I still got what I wanted. ;) You will too. That's just part of the fun is being happily excited when you find just the right thing for you. Some that work awesome for others might not quite do it for you, or you need more or less. Don't be discouraged. I'll be excited to hear when you find that OMG match!!

From what I hear, there may be phero sample sales in the future. If that's the case, that will be a great time to test some more out too.

I think I'm getting pretty good results from cougar. Not the crazy-fun response I get from the guy when I wear CB or sexology, but still I can tell the Est is definitely having a similar influence, just a little less so. And I'm actually beginning to love the scent of the Enduring Appeal! When I first put it on it's soapy and I don't like it. About an hour in is my favorite, I don't know how to describe it exactly but something warm and a bit foody pops up. But then it fades to a light floral - I'm not a big fan of florals, but it becomes so sheer that I do like this one. All in all, I like this perfume and phero. Too bad that by the time I sample stuff, it's already sold out! How do you ever catch up?

ETA: Storemy, I can't wait for the phero sales! I want to try Lace SO badly!!! I feel like it will be a great phero for me, but I haven't managed to get a sample of it in anything yet.

Edited by Amalthea1978

Try Original scented Cougar.....that is a permanent one that doesn't sell out. The grapefruit scent is bright and happy and sparkly, but has a warm musky background. I love it!

And also, if you find a sold out scent that you like, keep an eye on the trade threads.....you never know what may show up there.

Edited by Dolly

Thanks Halo. And no, I haven't had any more problems, but I haven't been wearing it on my chest. I may try upping it a little. I'm thinking though that next week I'm going to try out Gotcha a bit more than I have in the past. I haven't gotten alot of result from it so far, but now that I have a normal-sized sample I might try it for several days in a row and see if I get anything, the same way I did with cougar this week.

And this weekend I'm going phero-free, since I won't be at work or seeing the guy. (Hallelujah - the last time I had an entire weekend off was Labor Day weekend!) I'm loving that too, because it gives me a chance to try out some of the wonderful unphero'd fragrance samples I've ended up with!