Diluting Essence Oil (EoW) with unscented oil?

With still weeks to go before I can even begin to expect my first order to arrive, I have nothing else to do but browse the boards and try and practice my ability to be patient... ;)

One of the things I ordered is the EoW oil; I am 41 years old and have been on some kind of birth control pil nearly continuously from the age of 14 (medical / hormonal issues; basically, the BC pill is a milder version of what they would have prescribed anyway. And since I have no desire whatsoever to ever have children, I don't generally mind).

I do remember really liking the way I feel around my ovulation the couple of times I was off the pill for a while; a bit more alive, more sensual (even though I am a pretty sensual person anyway) and sort of sparklier.

(the one thing I did not like was the over-sensitive nipples; like I'd chafed them on concrete....)

I really look forward to experimenting with the Essence Oil, but at the same time, reading about how strong it is and how heavy the effects on men can be, I want to be quite careful with it as well.

I am thinking about making a blend with some neutral oil (probably almond or jojoba).

Probably just a few drops of the EoW in, say, 5 ml of scentless oil to start with; I would still only rub a few drops of that mix on my torso / belly I think, and wear a perfume oil to cover any lingering traces of it.

Does anyone have any experience with something like this?

Also, I understand the oil comes in a roller bottle; would it be even possible to get the cap off and take some drops out of that?

Edit:

Ah, and another question; what do you all DO while you wait the 20 minutes for the cops to dry???

I don't generally spend a lot of time on make-up (some mineral powder and some lip color only most days, takes 1 or 2 minutes maybe) and my hair is rather short at the moment, I sort of flip my head over and toss it around a bit, then smooth/comb it to where I want it to be.

Am I going to have to wonder around the house mostly naked every morning?

Come to think of it, I do have a yoga routine I try and do most mornings that takes around 15-20 minutes; but because that gets me a bit sweaty I prefer to do that before I wash or shower.

Edited by ssupytalp

I don't have EoW so I can't really comment on dilution, but while I wait for my pheros to dry down, I just go about my normal business. I live alone, so it's nothing for me to walk around getting my work things together and having breakfast in my underwear while I wait to dry down!

Hm, it sounds like there isn't anyone in your house to prevent you from walking around in the buff? My master bath only opens to my master bedroom, so I can get away with doing stuff in the buff while I'm waiting for dry-down. You know, pick up, make bed, etc..

As for diluting the EoW, I don't really see the need to. The DPG helps give the fragrances a longer shelf life & since you generally don't need much in the way of cops, even at that small amount of oil you could be risking it going rancid before you use it all up. I just apply a dot above my belly button & smoosh it around with the inside of my wrists to get the amount that I want. Or you could get some DPG oil to cut it with.

Thank you!

No, neither my dog nor my cat objects to me walking around wearing nothing - and while there are still leaves on the trees outside my window, neither do any of my neighbours. ;)

I guess I tend to overthink these things - plus, I am sort of hoping in the nearish future to not always sleep and wake up alone...

Ehm, what does DPG stand for?

Edited by ssupytalp

I usually use the OCCOs for my cops.. but if I had EoW, I would probably not dilute it - instead just use a tiny dot or two in strategic places. I have a make-up & hair routine that I do while waiting for dry-down, but since you aren't as high-maintenance ;) maybe you could surf the internet, or check in here for a few minutes? Maybe save the workout for another time.

Thank you everyone!

I will probably just try and use only one or two minute drops then.

I might end up waiting for it to dry with my shirt hiked up and wearing at least partial clothing on the bottom; the cooler weather the last couple of days has reminded me that while in summer I don't mind hanging around the house naked for a while, in winter that would get very, very chilly....

Edited by ssupytalp

Hi.. I have EOW. I have to admit I don't use it often. When I do it is usually with a sweet floral or fruity scent.

As for dilution I'm pretty much with everyone else. UNLESS you want to add some to an LP scent.

But NO if you are talking more oil wct..

Firstly it is slightly diluted already the DPG oil is what it is blended into .. EOW is basically cops in and unscented perfume oil. The oil is the carrier.

Conversely if you added cops to a scent that you order from Mara then that scent is the carrier.

That being said.. if you go to the Review Thread for Spontaneous Combustion (perfume) Dolly shared her recipe for adding EOW to the perfume oil. Thats the route I'd recommend .. don't dilute your bottle use the EOW as an addition to perfumes that will complement it and vice versa. BTW SC + cops = OMG! :)