LFM and Fragrance Questions

Today I tried LFM for the first time, in a sample of Goddess of the Blue Moon, and...I already love this phero (I'll tell you about my hits, definitely). Unfortunately, I'm not crazy about this fragrance (I know alot of people like it, it's just a bit too perfumey and floral for my personal taste). I'm probably going to use up this sample anyway, since I loved the phero effects. I'm just wondering if LFM happens to be in any other fragrances that you ladies may know that I don't. I don't think I've seen it anywhere else, but then again, just a few days ago I figured out that Cuddle Bunny came in another scent, Velvet Kisses, and I was floored that I didn't already know that. And yes I know I can buy it in unscented, but being a beginner I really like having it already mixed so I don't have to worry as much about dry-down times, congruence of scent to intent, etc. Plus I have such a HUGE wish-list already that my checkbook just can't cope.

My second question about Goddess of the Blue Moon is, what types of scents (or even specific scents - I probably don't have them but I possibly might, I guess) would layer well with it to change it up a bit? Which OCCO's might mix with it well? I haven't tried layering scents yet, but I'm afraid that I'll be hopeless at it when I do try.

Now for the fun part! So far I almost NEVER get self-effects from pheros. Yesterday I tried TMI and was so worried about selfies that I didn't wear any on my neck or chest so that I wasn't constantly breathing it in, but I felt no self-effects at all. But today with the LFM I just felt so...pretty, I guess, for lack of a better word. And Wednesdays are tough days at work, I don't even make much effort on my looks so I was wearing a work polo and ugly pants, but every time I looked at myself in the mirror I just had this weird feeling that I looked really good. I think this is the first time I've tried anything with DHEAS, so I guess it's that. But wow, I hope the guy thought I looked as good as I thought I did today! We don't see each other much on Wednesdays, but tonight after work we started talking and had probably the most meaningful, deep conversation we've ever had. And I'm almost positive it was at least partly the pheros, because the seriousness started right after I was standing really close to him (like up against him close, which was only because I was making a point about something that happened earlier). Wow. Can I just say that the effects from this are sort of what I'd hoped for from TMI, which I wore for the first time yesterday! And yesterday someone flat-out asked us if we were a couple, and we were both like "No!!!" in unison. Things didn't get awkward, thankfully, but I did notice that his face was really red during that whole discussion. I wonder if the TMI had anything to do with them asking in the first place?

I can see how selfies can be a double-edged sword though, since tonight I did admit to another co-worker that I was interested in this guy. I don't think she'll tell anyone, but yikes, I can't believe I told her! I just hope she doesn't try to play matchmaker. And I wonder why the LFM had so much more effect than the TMI? I think I may have used too much of the TMI yesterday, because I LOVED the scent I went a little heavy-handed with it, as opposed to the Goddess of the Blue Moon that I didn't like and went light with today. Maybe less really IS more?

Nice. Welcome to the world of LFM.

I love it. GOBM was one of my first purchases and Loves from LP. I loved both scent and phero, yes it is aquatic and purfumey :)

Your experience sounds familiar. LFM is great for selifies and I often have very positive responses from people with it.

The only thing i ever layered GOBM with is a dab of Occo Blue. I found the scent complex enough.

You may want to check out the GOBM and LFM review threads to see if anyone had offered suggestions there.

There are no other scents mixed with LFM in the Perfumerie right now. Just make sure to check each month for new releases.

You can always order a scent boosted with LFM.

I just wanted to say I identify completely-- sadly my Because the Night sample I wasn't able to adequately test the phero because the scent drove me to distraction (in a bad way.) I hope you get a bottle of Unscented.

You'll also find that your body might be a little worn out from all that TMI you wore yesterday so your reaction to LFM today might be related. I would drink a lot of water, rest and avoid the pheros for a day or two and then try it again.

Wait Is Because The Night LFM or LFN ?

I'm to lazy to go look. :)

ETA ** I know it not the point but I moved my butt and checked its LFN. I had to know since I have it LOL.

Yea Hazel is right, you may have overlapped your phero or you may have been stimulated to distraction. Ive never had LFM make me particularly chatty but it does make you feel good.

It does have DHEAS but I don't think the amount is that high.

Maybe clear your system and try again.

Edited by StacyK

I honestly can't remember. I think it's LFN-- but still-- I can identify with wanting to love something and the scent just getting in the way of the pheromone.

yea, the BTN which I thought would be Fab on me, is not, so much... oh well you live you learn. Something my chem does to anything with butter in it. Honestly that's why I don't regret missing out on Fuzzy Wuzzy anymore.

The Lav is Devine but I don't think the butter would have been good on me :(

Sorry OT

Edited by StacyK

Thanks ladies!

I never really though about pheros "overlapping" from day to day! I usually take the weekends off and just wear unpheroed fragrances to give myself a break.

So no ideas on layering? Sadly, I don't have OCCO blue - I've got samples of white and pink on the way, but honestly blue is pretty far down on the list of ones I want to try. Red and gold samples will probably be in next month's order.

I think I've got a BTN sample coming from the trading post - I've ordered so much now that I can barely keep up! But honestly, I like the effect of LFM without cops just fine. Anything with cops seem to make the guy playful and fun, which I love, but last night the whole "serious and connected" thing just blew me away.

I may have to buy this one unscented eventually. Of course I'll have to just live with the scent (I don't think it's horrible or anything, it's just not my preference) and experiment more first. I hate to just jump to the conclusion that everything is caused by the pheros I'm wearing - in order for me to put out the money, I need to see some consistent results!

Usually the pheros enhance a moment. I believe what came through was his feeling, The pheros may have just loosened the jar somewhat.

:)

Arg, I just replied to this and somehow lost it!

I wore GotBM again today. I'm finding it harder and harder to choose my pheros every morning, now that I have a few that I like. Tonight there was a bottle of Indecent Exposure waiting for me in my mailbox too, which isn't going to make things any easier in the morning!

Anyway, I'm finding with LP scents that, for the most part, the more I try them the more I like them. I wasn't particularly crazy about the scents of CB or Enduring Appeal when I first wore them either, and now they're two of my favorites. I think it's a real testimony to how beautiful LP scents are - I am so NOT a perfume person, but LP is addicting! After wearing GotBM again I think I'm getting used to the scent and beginning to like it. So of course it isn't available for sale any more - I may have to add it to my list of things to watch for on the trade boards. I'm definitely adding UN LFM to my wish list though!

The phero didn't have quite the same effect today - I didn't sleep well last night and as a result I was SUPER tired at work, so it was more likely me than anything else. I probably could have gone without pheros today like a few of you suggested. One thing did happen that was weird, and I didn't think about it being pheros at the time. But I've been reading the LFM thread and GotBM thread, and a few people noticed a tendency for others to become "close-talkers" when exposed to this phero. At one point today the guy (really need a better thing to call him than just "the guy" lol) was standing strangely close to me. But we weren't even talking, he was doing something else and seemingly not paying much attention to me at all. I was actually sitting down, which put us in a somewhat awkward position actually, and at the time I was just wondering why the heck he was standing there so close. But now I think it was the LFM!

The same girl who asked us if we were going out just KEPT making comments today - how we were so right for each other, how well our personalities complemented each other - I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing. At least so far we've both just kind of blown it off and haven't gotten awkward around each other because of it.

I think everyone can have such different experiences with the phero un blends... I purchased this over a year ago and then started really wearing it this February and I found it took a great many sprays to give me what I was looking for with it... My recommendation is to try it again and see if you get different results wearing maybe a little less to start and then increasing from there.

Edited by dolphindolls2

Thanks!

So far I've preferred the scented samples, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should invest in the un pheros. To me when I have a fragrance, it kind of determines how much I put on because I'm judging by smell. Oh well, as the collection grows I guess I'll try different things in different ways. This is one I'll definitely look at buying fb!