Private Editions for OCTOBER 2013

Vexed Glory what an amazing story! That's a great picture!!!

I hope there's extras of that one! I loooove the notes, story, concept and label.

My PE for flamango was mango and cherry and I forget what other notes I'm ultra lazy to comb

Through emails lol. But I wanted a PE based ony latest trip to Miami. When we were leaving I noticed we didn't see any actual flamingos anywhere but they are on keychains and postcards and tee shirts and buildings. I was like- where the fuck are all the flamingos ???!!! I guess they are at the zoo. I did a PE based in the flamingos colors kinda.

Buttercream Rose is La Fleur. Yeah. :)

I want all the PEs except for pineapple ones because those sometimes smell like sour patch snatch ony skin

I hope there's tons of that pumpkin cake batter one because I know it's going to be yummy I want all the cupcakes

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should make a license plate frame which reads: I WANT ALL THE CUPCAKES! Because you never know, if people see that they just might surrender whatever cupcakes they might happen to have with them. :lol:

It's something else. Not exactly sure of the notes but I wanted it to smell like the opening of My Little Cupcake, pink and birthday cakey.

That sounds very lickable. Want! Are you referring to those dolls that looked like girls in dresses but then you could fold them into a cupcake, with the plastic hat that was frosting and the skirt that was the wrapper? I had the pink one and the green/purple one.

Well, I can fill you in on that person's life since the Lakshmi in the picture is my grandmother. :)

I made this PE for my mom for her birthday to celebrate her relationship with her mom and Mara did an amazing job. I cannot say thank you enough for helping to make my mom's day so special. My grandmother was a truly exceptional woman who loved so unconditionally and had such a gentle caring spirit that I am hardpressed to think that I'll ever meet someone else who cared the way she did.

Anyway, the label image is her sitting in front of her California home. She was the first woman in her town in India to go to college and be formally educated at the time, and she even went from India to Cali to do that. And then she came back to India and was the first female principal in her state. I have a million and one neat stories about her, but I won't bore everyone with the details just now.

Meanwhile, the scent notes I'd asked for were lotus, lavendar, cardamom, and white musk. I know Mara added in some drops of amber and chai to round out the scent. And one little dab lasts forevvvveerrrr, which is also great because that means I'll have my mom's/grandmother's PE for a long, long time. :)

Vexed, thank you so much for sharing the notes in this one... I'm now going to be stalking so I can purchase this one and Mel's Lightness of Being....There are so many creative folks here, it just blows me away.

You should make a license plate frame which reads: I WANT ALL THE CUPCAKES! Because you never know, if people see that they just might surrender whatever cupcakes they might happen to have with them. :lol:

LMAAAOO. Well cake works too., I love the cupcakes because they are small and then I don't feel like a cow.. but some places now have giant cupcakes that are the size of a cake anyhow. Speaking of cupcakes I think I am going to go to the cupcake place either today or tomorrow because it really does make me so happy. It's a pink and green storefront and they make the best lavender macaroons! I am also going to make cupcakes tonight banana ones for my boys with blue frosting. OMG Luna totally thought about you yesterday when I was at my aunt's house - Lady Suzy made this chocolate coffee mocha cheesecake with chocolate cookie crust.. WTF? Everyone died. I thought OMG Luna would die. Tyvey too because I know you guys love coffee. This had a very rich coffee mocha flavor. I guess the twat can bake, she keeps impressing me with her cheesecakes.

Maybe she got the Mad Maria Cooking Skillzz

That sounds very lickable. Want! Are you referring to those dolls that looked like girls in dresses but then you could fold them into a cupcake, with the plastic hat that was frosting and the skirt that was the wrapper? I had the pink one and the green/purple one.

I'm referring to my other PE, but yea that PE was referring to those dolls. I had the pink one too!

I had these dolls you guys, maybe y'all can help me remember what they were called. I have been searching and searching for them on google.. One of them was an Oreo cookie purse. You opened it up and it was a house or living room for a tiny doll. Omg I loved that thing so much. The other one was a strawberry I think because I remember her being pink and you opened it up and it was a bedroom. I wish I still had all my barbies and toys, but Maria would collect them and give them to charity, which is wonderful, I grew up learning how important it is to give back.. somewhere in her attic or garage is a box of stuffed animals I asked her to let me keep.. but none of the toys I would like to know what the fuck the name of these little purse dolls were.

Anyone remember ?

OMG Luna totally thought about you yesterday when I was at my aunt's house - Lady Suzy made this chocolate coffee mocha cheesecake with chocolate cookie crust.. WTF? Everyone died. I thought OMG Luna would die. Tyvey too because I know you guys love coffee. This had a very rich coffee mocha flavor.

OMG YAIS I would have just grabbed it and ran away.

That actually sounds like a faboo PE idea, no?

LadyV I once asked Mara for something very similar based on a cheesecake The Cheesecake Factory discontinued years ago (White Chocolate Caramel Latte with an Oreo crust) and I remember her saying she didn't have any cheesecake accords but that may have changed since then. :)

Well, I can fill you in on that person's life since the Lakshmi in the picture is my grandmother. :)

I made this PE for my mom for her birthday to celebrate her relationship with her mom and Mara did an amazing job. I cannot say thank you enough for helping to make my mom's day so special. My grandmother was a truly exceptional woman who loved so unconditionally and had such a gentle caring spirit that I am hardpressed to think that I'll ever meet someone else who cared the way she did.

Anyway, the label image is her sitting in front of her California home. She was the first woman in her town in India to go to college and be formally educated at the time, and she even went from India to Cali to do that. And then she came back to India and was the first female principal in her state. I have a million and one neat stories about her, but I won't bore everyone with the details just now.

Meanwhile, the scent notes I'd asked for were lotus, lavendar, cardamom, and white musk. I know Mara added in some drops of amber and chai to round out the scent. And one little dab lasts forevvvveerrrr, which is also great because that means I'll have my mom's/grandmother's PE for a long, long time. :)

I hope you create a thread so you can tell your stories :) I like the notes you included :) I hope it's as awesome as you envisioned it. I like to stalk anything with cardamom in it, but won't be buying anything for awhile :)

LadyV I once asked Mara for something very similar based on a cheesecake The Cheesecake Factory discontinued years ago (White Chocolate Caramel Latte with an Oreo crust) and I remember her saying she didn't have any cheesecake accords but that may have changed since then. :)

Oh I remember. Why is everything better with Oreos??

Great... thanks for sharing about your grandmother. What a STRONG woman!!

A beautiful story. Truly inspirational!

I hope there is one left for me to grab. I'd love some of her mojo ;)

I had these dolls you guys, maybe y'all can help me remember what they were called. I have been searching and searching for them on google.. One of them was an Oreo cookie purse. You opened it up and it was a house or living room for a tiny doll. Omg I loved that thing so much. The other one was a strawberry I think because I remember her being pink and you opened it up and it was a bedroom. I wish I still had all my barbies and toys, but Maria would collect them and give them to charity, which is wonderful, I grew up learning how important it is to give back.. somewhere in her attic or garage is a box of stuffed animals I asked her to let me keep.. but none of the toys I would like to know what the fuck the name of these little purse dolls were.

Anyone remember ?

Here ya go!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Polly-Pocket-Strawberry-Play-Set-2000-Excellent-Condition-Great-Price-/321222339603?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aca57ec13

There are others -- just search "Polly Pocket."

Polly Pockets!!! I see that one's from 2000, now I had the real hardcore old-school ones from like 1992 and 93. I can't believe they're 20 years old now. Because I was very careful with my toys I bet they'd make me a nice wad of cash but I'd never sell them unless I was literally dying, because they have too much sentimental value.

It's getting late over here, and I'm going to have to go to bed soon because I have an early-morning doctor's appt before work....please let it be that these get posted tomorrow in the daytime! Even without knowing the notes I definitely want the two cupcake ones and the pumpkin batter, if extras exist.

Omg yes but it must have been the Polly Pocket from the 80s or 90s the strawberry was not see through.

I'm gonna search!

Omg what are these? The puppy looks familiar I think I has a puppy stamp like that, that had a cute pink paw stamp on it or am I getting my toys mixed up?

AD-PE-LinaPCB.jpg

I have to go back to bed, could I RESERVE a bottle of this ?

if there are any left please ?

I'll probably miss the announce while I'm at work tomorrow if it does get announced tomorrow, Thx ! Nighty nigh :bed4: "

ps: Mara, do I have any "credits" left ? Thx :)

Edited by liz

AD-PE-InnaGDV.jpg

HILARIOUS. Lots of fruits and flowers.

Noo, no fruits and flowers. At least not that I know of :D

That's my Tea/Smoke/Vanilla scent. With some brown sugar, I think. I asked Mara for a bold and sexy fall scent, I wonder what she came up with. I'm sooo excited! Can't wait to try it.

Did I already tell you how much I LOVE this label? And the song reference is hilarious indeed!

ETA: I'd really love to get one Mel's Lightness of Being, if there is any left.

Edited by Fleur

@fleur sounds lovely! And yeah the label is stunnnnnning

@luna the visual of ladvy blithely passively carjacking people into handing over their cupcakes in a panic is priceless. i want to see that in a buddy cop movie montage.

Edited by tyvey

DUCKEH!!! How *are* you???

KATZ, you sweetie!!! I've missed you and everyone! I've been out with my 16-yr old son who had a 12-hour neurosurgery end of August, followed by three lonnnnng weeks in the hospital. He's had to re-learn to walk, climb stairs, hold utensils, dress himself, etc. He's coming along wonderfully but misses being at school. It's all been so surreal, like it was happening to someone else. Sneaking a peek at what was going on around here at the Forum was the highlight of many a day. Talk about a plucked duck . . .

The October NRs and PEs are absolutely breathtaking! I'll tell the tale later of how a healthy dose of Cougar made one of the hospital residents trip over his own stethoscope. . . (snicker snicker)!

:hearts0425: (sorry for the t/j. We will now return to our regularly-scheduled drooling . . .)

KATZ, you sweetie!!! I've missed you and everyone! I've been out with my 16-yr old son who had a 12-hour neurosurgery end of August, followed by three lonnnnng weeks in the hospital. He's had to re-learn to walk, climb stairs, hold utensils, dress himself, etc. He's coming along wonderfully but misses being at school. It's all been so surreal, like it was happening to someone else. Sneaking a peek at what was going on around here at the Forum was the highlight of many a day. Talk about a plucked duck . . .

The October NRs and PEs are absolutely breathtaking! I'll tell the tale later of how a healthy dose of Cougar made one of the hospital residents trip over his own stethoscope. . . (snicker snicker)!

:hearts0425: (sorry for the t/j. We will now return to our regularly-scheduled drooling . . .)

:heart::heart::heart: Awww, JD!!! So glad you're back!!! GREAT to hear that your son is on the mend!!! Will he be able to go back to school soon? Y'all have had a long haul there. :heart::heart::heart:

P.S. I adore your new avi. :)

Edited by ElizabethOSP