Apparition

Beccah

AD-Apparition_1.jpg

Apparition

The scrumptious smokiness of toasting marshmallows is captured with a blend of marshmallow flavor oils and woodsmoke accords, further flavored with white and caramel sugars, layered upon ghostly white amber and white musk, and finished with a smoky Arabian wood blend and a dusting of powdered sugar.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
SUGAR (White, Powdered, Caramel) ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WHITE MUSK ~Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
WOODSMOKE ~ smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment, and celebration.

Scent: Sweet and smoky marshmallow.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO SHAKE BOTTLE BEFORE USE!

Squeal! Squeal!

*Chasing tail with excitement over this one! Pounding foot! Jumping up and down! Panting...repeat!*

This one will THRILL my hubby too! SOOOOO excited! Ok, maybe it won't "thrill" him per se but I KNOW he will take notice. This is one scent I will put on and just keep quiet because this will grab his attention all on its own! :girlHeart-5:

^^ Yes. When I saw the notes on this I just went FB. I'm sure of love here. :)

I think this will go very well with LFM.

Edited by StacyK

For our house I'll hit it up with all the snuggle mones - Lace, CB, PM, Gotcha!.....

This sounds exactly like what my kitty's head smells like when he comes in from the backyard on an autumn night: sweet, soft and smoky at the same time.

I've always wanted a perfume that smelled like nocturnal autumn kitty (is that weird?), so I'll be needing some of this.

Lace would be a good combo but I have no Un lace. So LFM, SS4W, CB, Bang maybe Gotcha.

Anything stinker I'm not sure yet... :)

This just sounds great.. I'm not even sure which I try first.. It will be this or FP.

It is a great label... I love all these labels!

This is the one I was most looking forward to and I am bummed now that I have smelled it. It smells so much like Spider Silk with warmed sugar. The amber/musk is piercy on me. I am getting a eye raping stabbing headache just sniffing it. Fans of Spider Silk will love this.

D'oh! I never got Spider Silk though I remember being on the fence about it...Halo - no wood smoke? No marshmallow?...

Last night when I put a dab on I got the "white" vibe too - that amber/musk combo - but luckily it didn't give me a headache. Right now I'm getting the woodsmoke over the base, so it's more in line with the concept. I imagine this has to age before the marshmallow can emerge, at this point it's not marshmallow-forward like any of the EGGs or Marsha Mellow.

Are you guys remembering to SHAKE this one? It needs to be milky white to be "ready".

I assure you, Marshmallow is 80% of the content, and when properly blended, it is dominant and very long lasting on my skin. It wears close to the body, but for a long time.

I shook it too. Sometimes certain notes just take over a blend for me. I don't know if I'm amping them or because I don't care for them they become all I can smell. A bit of both I bet. I can smell the marshmallow but more than that I get warm burnt sugars and that musk/ Amber combo.

Edited by halo0073

After the woodsmoke fades on me I get a sugary amber/musk sort of like Xuehua Xing (or at least that's what it reminds me of). It could just be that I'm not recognizing the marshmallow at this point.

I can't wear this. It's raping my eyes with no vaseline. I shook it like a polaroid picture and it's throbbing it's white headed ambered musky fierce pierce into my brain. It's all White Terror on me right now. Maybe in a few days after travel shock wears off.

I am getting a ton of marshmallow as expected. True marshmallow too, as if I rubbed one on my wrist! In the vial, I got a wonderful smoke, but my skin sucked it up so hard, you could hear it. I'm left with a faintly musky marshmallow scent, deepened slightly by amber and the hint of smoke. It's not very sweet on me. It smells like a cross between A Treasure of Pearls and Spider Silk, but less sweet and almost a milky quality. (I couldn't wear Spider Silk, but I can wear this one.) This wears very close to the skin. I am eager to see how it is in a few hours!

SO excited! Came home and my package was waiting :cat690:

Of course I haven't put any on because I've been duped by travel shock before...but I also couldn't NOT smell EVERYTHING in the bottle, lol.

I got smoky and sweet and light marshmallow...I hadn't thought about shaking - but I've gotten into the habit of shaking everything as it is - but I'll be sure to shake this one with extra vigor :lol: I don't know how long I can hold off, but 12 hours will do for a start...

I was brave! I put mine on! (after I shook the crap out of it) I got a lot of marshmallow at first, but now, after drydown, it's mostly white musk and amber - which I love, so that's okay. I get the smoke, too.. I do hope that more marshmallow comes out after the travel shock wears off though :)

Flying Potion inched this one out for day wear - but I'll be putting it on - NO - SLATHERING - tonight which gives it and extra 9 hours of acclimation time to be absolutely as amazing as I suspect it will be!!! :girlHeart-5:

This has the Spider Silk vibe for sure. I shook the bottle like crazy (I love the milky color the oil is)

I'm getting marshmallow fortunately! The musk/amber peek out. No woodsmoke though. This is wearing very close to the skin. I'm sure it will be a comforting sleepy time scent.

So I got home and went to snatch this and no, it wasn't milky until I shook it - a first in all the LPs I've had (or a first that I've noticed because I usually blindly shake and then slather :D)

I got the sugary marshmallow and wood smoke first but when I get really close I get the amber & musk. Nothing pointy or sharp though....will check back as the scent progresses...

EDIT to update:

This is all marshmallow goodness for me! I AM SO HAPPY!!! There's just enough musk/amber and smoke peeking through to give this a perfume feel while still keeping that fluffy marshmallow goodness up front and center...I WANT TO EAT MY ARM! (I won't - but I want to!) I think hubby will like this one A LOT too! This is CRAZY good!!!

Edited by NuTrix

from the vial doesn't smell like much, even after shaken well :huh:

(gets cloudy, so I'm thinkin' I shook it well)

on my wrist, light, touch of sweetness, a tease of Marshmallow, no smoke

I'll let it age a bit and give it another try

This s different today.

I put it on and right out of the bottle it's...sweet and...smoky? But it's after the dry down that it goes all marshmallow goodness. It was weird. Shook - milky white fluffiness in the bottle - apply and it's very ...hmm...quiet smelling, not sheer, just light - soft? I think it's the ...white musk maybe? :huh:

But then about 15- (maaaaybe 20). minutes - BOOM! Marshmallow gooey YUM!

This is very quiet on me, i seen the marshmallow root and jumped for joy but it wasnt the first thing i noticed

it was soft sweet musk and soft amber, This is another serious super close to skin scent i have to bury my nose in to smell properly haha damn.

I can hardly find the marshmallow but after the musk and amber decide to settle down it comes out to play for a little bit, its kinda shy in this one. Kinda like a very very light marshmallowy fog with big monster kisses of sugar musk and amber. I think i want to see this age, I really want the marshmallowroot and smoke to come out

Gonna try this again later, i think its cray cray how different notes pop out on everyone; i love reading how different it is :o

I was surprised at how much I like this one. On me it a very yummy marshmallow scent with a light sweet amber background rounding out the marshmallow.

A definite full bottle for me.

I have also been pairing this the last few days with Flying Potion and they work wonderfully together.

This started as amber&woodsmoke on me with an odd medicinal greenery vibe. I was really surprised with that greenery, is it possibly a quality of woodsmoke used? But when it warmed up on skin, marshmallow and sugars came out very nicely. Marshmallow isn't as strong as in Marsha Mellow of EGG, but it is there just as Luna said.

Apparition is not really what I expected it to be, but I do like it.

It similar for me in that when I first put it on, sometimes I'm not exactly sure what it is I'm smelling, but after 45 minutes - give or take - it's all smoky, marshmallow musk and amber :heart708:

I was so looking forward to this one after all the talk of marshmallows and campfires. At first roll, it seems all marshmallow and sweet - very sheer on me but within a minute or two, I can start to feel the campfire come out: smokey wood. From that point on, that's all I smell - smoke... and maybe a teeny drop of sugar. I thought smoke was one my skin amps and in this one, oh my how it does. I don't think I'll get rid of my bottle though. I do love the smoke smell and think I'll be pairing it with some of my other autumn scents when I want it a little earthier.

I'm also thinking that my skin must not like marshmallow root much because in both this and Flying Potion, I lose that note almost immediately. Especially with Flying Potion, that really makes me sad because that's such a lovely scent and unfortunately I can't douse to keep it present because of the phero. I might try rubbing silicone on application points and see if that helps either of them any.

This is my very favorite from the October sampler. At first, I forgot to shake it and applied it. I got clean - almost fresh sweetness and a little smokiness underneath. Something you could wear for summer OR fall/winter! Then I started reading reviews as I was scrolling down to post and found that I didn't shake it as recommended. I shook it and reapplied, the second time around I got more smoke than the sweet, mellow marshmallow. Now I smell like a sweet, sexy bonfire! I absolutely adore this one and am finding that I am quite addicted to marshmallow scents.

:lol2::yeahthat:I've stocked up on this one, lol, we're talking bottleS.

I figured I would be a vanilla cookie foodie type fan prior to LP.

I LURV marshmallow apparently and THIS one is a huge winner with my chemistry. It isn't hugely sweet first on...but 45 minutes or so and I'm a slightly smoky marshmallow BOMB of deliciousness! This is SO shmexy. PLUS my man beast loves! WIN/WIN!

This one is addictive. It starts off as sugary vanilla marshmallow, but what gives it that irresistible quality is the smoke that arises on the drydown. The smoke note here isn't a heavy in-your-face smoke, but a very light, ethereal veil of smoke that gives the marshmallow something extra. Kind of like Sugared Bonfire's ghostly little sister. Love!

I love this. When I first saw the notes I thought Ooo great and went FB.

After reading a few reviews I admitted I was concerned, I did not try it out ASAP after delivery in case of travel shock.

Well I tried it out today and thankfully I was very happy. I get a soft marshmallow, smoke and white musk.

The dusting of sugars adds some sparkle but it's Not a super sweet scent and I like that.

I shook my FB well before I applied and I have to say it took a bit of shaking. I saw the potion go through at least 3 stages of blending. I could not achieve that in the trial vial.. maybe it would have taken a bit more time but my FB was good to go.

I love the scent. It's a wonderful, sensuous marshmallow root, lightly sugared and a double swirl of smoke and white musk. A great fall scent and I can see this going well at a summer bonfire too. :)

Edited by StacyK

I can see this going well at a summer bonfire too. :)

I agree completely Stacy! I actually wore this yesterday with your PE (Lilac Puff), a friend came into my office and commented on how great it smelled. I had made the whole room smell delectable! I had her sniff my wrist and she told me I smelled like "home". Like the cozy, sweet, warm, metaphorical home. I thought it was a very sweet compliment and agree, it is a very comforting scent. I added the Apparition to yours because I thought they would blend well together and it worked perfectly!

From the vial, its very light. When I first put it on, it turned so plasticky on me for at least 30 minutes or so. Then it became light sweet scent, close to the body though but lasts really long. Pretty nice after the plastic scent went away, but I think it's too long on me...