Cauldron Cake

Beccah

AD-CauldronCake_1.jpg

Cauldron Cake

So delectable it must be magic! An array of spicy pumpkins oils sweetened with brown sugar drizzled over a poundcake-style vanilla and a gooey base of sweet patchouli topped with luscious cream cheese frosting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
PUMPKIN ~ Fertility, plenty, abundance, prosperity. Male sexual stimulant.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust-inducing, wishes granted.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.
ALLSPICE ~ Luck, health, prosperity, money.
Scent: Spicy pumpkin pastry.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to try this one too! hmmm, if ever I'd order a FB from this month's NR's this would be it. Though I love patch, it doesn't love me. I amp the "dirt". But it seems that there are so many spice notes, what's a little dirt? I can wear LP black so at least I know I can wear some patch.

I am obsessed with smelling this from the vial. I haven't put it on because patch and me don't get along. I amp it to disgusting dirty hippie status. BUT the pumpkin in here is incredible. Super rich and spicy. The cake is there too. Really gorgeous. I have to sniff hard to smell the patch. I will probably try a dot tomorrow before I put anything else on so I can wash it off when the inevitable happens. The brown sugar smells like syrup not overly cloying like some does to me.

^^I'm waiting to hear your review Halo.

I love the notes in here but the patch made me wary. I sort of wish it had a different base component. I'm wondering if you are going to get more or less patch than you got from Double O.

Ohhh,cannot wait til mine gets here,this sounds like a Calii scent...thanks Halo, rich,spicy,cake... CAKE :cat690:

eta: ...my kingdom for a comma :lol:

Edited by Calii

I am obsessed with smelling this from the vial. I haven't put it on because patch and me don't get along. I amp it to disgusting dirty hippie status. BUT the pumpkin in here is incredible. Super rich and spicy. The cake is there too. Really gorgeous. I have to sniff hard to smell the patch. I will probably try a dot tomorrow before I put anything else on so I can wash it off when the inevitable happens. The brown sugar smells like syrup not overly cloying like some does to me.

Oh I hear you. I amp Patch like a hippie too. just the "dirt" note comes through loud and clear. I do love it though. BTW, Halo when are you going to give it a full review?

I know patch can go funky sometimes but if it's the right mix, at a minimum it can be fine. I held off on a FB JIC but I think the BS and other notes may come through more, Halo said they were pretty heavy/dark, especially if Mara just used a little as a sticking base.

I would think the Cats Eye would actually come off as dirtier. But I went for that one anyway ;)

Just guessing here. Come on Cataluna.....

Edited by StacyK

I washed it off. The patch really is very slight and I think most of you won't be bothered by it at all. It just changed the fragrance ever so slightly for me to something that bugged me a little. That's what patch does to me. It crowds out the otherwise beautiful notes. Much much lighter than in Double O. In that one the patch burned my eyes. LOL. The only LP patch I have ever been able to wear is OCCO Ambrosia. It must just be a drop. I am super sad. Without the patch this would have been my hands down favorite of the month. Luckily this month is a great one and there are lots that I like.

Sweet Heavens, this is gorgeous! Smells like pumpkin bread. Brown sugar notes can get so deep and rich on my skin, but this stays light, sweet, and spicy. The patchouli behaves itself in here. I totally get what Halo means by it changing the fragrance. It does, indeed, but i think that's what's making it for me. I will watch it, though, because patch is a tricky little beast! lol. But so far, lovely!

Sweet Heavens, this is gorgeous! Smells like pumpkin bread. Brown sugar notes can get so deep and rich on my skin, but this stays light, sweet, and spicy. The patchouli behaves itself in here. I totally get what Halo means by it changing the fragrance. It does, indeed, but i think that's what's making it for me. I will watch it, though, because patch is a tricky little beast! lol. But so far, lovely!

I'm really jealous you are getting the other notes. I am amping the spice right now, like big time. I mean I'm allspice. lol.

I'm the sixth Spice Girl, All Spice! You can always tell who I am because I refuse to wear the platform shoes.

*does weird choreography*

you poor patch ampers - I thought I was one too but it is super well behaved on me in this one - it almost just acts like a mild background spice kind of binding things together - colleague in meeting shouted "WHO SMELLS LIKE PUMPKIN, AND CAKE, AND CREAM, AND SPICES??" I said 'MEEE" she said "OH GREAT NOW I WANT A PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE"

I like this, but I like pumpkin with resin, and specifically patchouli. The patch is not overwhelming to me, if anything, the spice goes a bit too potent in the drydown, but i love the opening of this, it's deep yummy fall-ness. Anyone who liked Wicked will probably enjoy this too, it's not too sweet, IMO.

from the vial this smells DELISH, on my skin...plast-ICKY :arf: , perhaps the pumpkin ??

odd, the notes (and/or combo of them) in this always work well on my skin, but come to think of it 2 of the Baby Drac series did that TOO and had to sell those

eta: the plastic has subsided a bit, but kinda lingers in the background

Edited by liz

I need to give it a proper full testing but the spices went CRAZY on me for a good long while (which is fine by me) and I got no patchouli , but now that it is way way way dried down it got caramely and the patchouli is perfect. I can't wait to try this out for realzies.

Ahh this from my scent twin is good news..

@ BB: OMG that guy! he never even dropped his ciggie. LOL WHERE do you find this stuff?