Cauldron Cake

Beccah

Spiced smoke on me...strong from beginning to end,and the dry down just begs to be paired with OCCO Red,which I am going to do tonight...so it must be the Patch :lol: I want to try this again in a few weeks before I order a bottle :witch-cauldron:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to amp patch and any kind of spice. So it was no surprise that this was ALL SPICE on me. It kind of is reminding me of Big Red cinnamon gum. The pumpkin is hiding! I'm sure this would be gorgeous with LP Red or OCCO Red. Spice lovers need to try this!

Hehehe! Had this on yesterday. Hubby is VERY fond of this one :) BONUS!

When I walked into a room with a handful of others, one fella stopped what he was doing and began to interrogate for the source of the cinnamon he had gotten a whiff of. When he discovered it was me he playfully chided, how dare I come into the room and make everyone hungry. Then he pushed out his belly against his shirt and announced that I was causing it to distend with hunger! He looked hilarious! Everyone busted up! Apparently he was wound up before I got there so my delicious perfume can't take all the credit - but it certainly added fuel to the fire! :lol:

This goes on a delicious cookie-cakey-vanilla-cinnamon fantasticness! It made me smile every time it wafted up from beneath my blouse yesterday :heart:

My package should get here today. Can't wait!!

Later that day....

"ohhh" in the bottle it smells like LP RED mixed with a touch of Darling clementine??!? I remember DC had this wonderful cake like scent even though it was orange. I dotted some on my inner arm and I get a small hint of what Hearts was mentioning about Big Red gum-but don't get thrown off on that.There is something else coming through at first wear: hmmm....let me see *sniffs again* Allspice? Vanilla? I think I'm smelling the vanilla...(plz don't go plastic on me vanilla) And the patch? not dirty at ALL!! in fact I think it's singing a soft tune behind the spice instead of leading the way. So far this is creamy and wonderful

Edited by Raq On

I thought "thanks giving/christmas" but im sure thats the influence of those holiday baubles that kicked halloweens ass out of the stores and did a massive take over with turkies and shiny christmas ornaments D:

Its full on pumpkin pie to me, like legit freshly made pumpkin pie (or freshly out of the box in some cases)

Its actually making me feel pretty "food coma"-ish haha!

Theres seriously nothing else for me to add, its just pumpkin pie and this can be worn well after halloween and i feel it will blend seamlessly to the other food indulgent holidays :001_302:

I wore this one today to work. I had my husband sniff it this morning and he and I both agree it's quite spicy with a bit of pumpkin rolling around underneath. For the first hour, I'm kind of "meh". It's nice but not a favorite but after a couple more hours, I absolutely adore it. The pumpkin pretty much disappears and I'm left with this very warm dark brown sugar.

Cauldron Cake is all spice on me. No punk'in. I like the way it smells, in a general sort of way. It reminds me very much of this little town just outside of where I live. It's full of antique stores, and little tea & pie shops. It's a quaint little village, and it always smells heavily of whatever season it happens to be. If I were to walk into that village right now, the smell of Cauldron Cake would fill the air, because this is what fall smells like - baking, and atmospheric candles that light and warm a room, early Christmas shopping... I like it very much. But it's a bit too spicy for my everyday.

I got some on my lip! It's a bit burn-y. :lol:

Delicious warm spiced pumpkin cake, spicier than Pumpkin Souffle, but the spice is still tempered enough so that it doesn't overpower everything else on my skin. It's sweet enough from the brown sugar, but not sickly sweet. Wet it's all pumpkin cake, but on the drydown I love how the patchouli adds an earthy sexiness.

This one is yummy! It smells like a pumpkin coffee cake, heavy on the spices but doesn't overpower everything else. I'm glad I am not a patch-amper, I smell it lightly lingering underneath enough to ground out the scent. I think the patchouli is what makes the spices a little louder on me.

I mixed this with LP black today. Not as good as mixed w/ OCCO black. This is great first on, but tends to go just slightly candle on me. so I am trying to tame the sweetness w/ something more resinous, Just a touch of it, because I like the bakery cake scent of this,

This super foxy boy I have to be around with some frequency these days -- this makes his eyes cross and roll back and make involuntary guttural noises. I wear this a lot. Lol

Sounds like a keeper... for both! Lol.

Our relationship is of a kind that would make it unethical for him to do any of the things I vividly and constantly involuntarily fantasize about him doing. I have rarely so instantly and extremely lusted for someone upon meeting them. It's torture. I have not been above pherobombing him together with this and CB seems to most reliably make him unfocus and babble. This covers CB flawlessly.

Hilarious! I love that kind of lusting. So fun... it gets the blood going. It is quite rare though, I haven't had it in years. When I would do deployments on my old carrier, about 3 months into it, would be quite ridiculous. Plenty of gorgeous Navy boys running around the flight deck to lust after :) We have to wear goggles with dark lenses on the flight deck and you can have eye sex with just about anyone and they'll never be the wiser lol. There is one particular guy who had a 'donk' (and man this thing was a massive, glorious ass), I don't know if I've ever lusted after someone so hard! Going without sex for months at a time and being surrounded by so much testosterone was a deadly combination lolol.

Hm, interesting! I was excited to try this because the notes all looked right up my alley--though when I think about it, I love patchouli AND I love foodie/cake, but I hadn't thought about the implications of patchouli cake! It's definitely intriguing--a serious blend of gorgeous spiciness. On me, though, it has a very incense-y vibe rather than a foodie vibe, and incense-y vibes can a bit headache inducing for me, even when I love the scent. Sadly, I think this might fall in that category--I say sadly, because this is a perfect autumnal scent.

I am just wearing the crap out of this one. It does start off nice and cakey spicy, but I have to either refresh it or layer it with a more resiny scent or it turns a bit too sweet on me. I'd buy it again though. I love that balance between cake and spice, and I don't amp the patch on this at all. It pairs nicely with OCCO black, LP black and even sex and violins!

• 4 weeks later...

I dug out my October samples tonight for some reason and tried this again... and maybe it just needed a couple of months to settle down, because now I just get beautiful spicey cake! No incense-y elements at all! I have this inside my elbows and Pumpkin Souffle on the backs of my hands and I smell like a festival of autumn baking. All I get are the foodie/cake elements now; I actually love patchouli, but I can no longer pick it out as a note. It simply grounds all that vanilla pumpkin all-spice wonderfulness. Oh, January, the list is getting so long!

HAHAHA! Yes...it' always starts out innocently enough...then the list just begins to grow....and grow....:D

• 10 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I love the spices in this one. It reminds me of Garland & Lace, which is also my favourite. It's so uplifting and warm and yummy. I imagine my kids and me baking Christmas cookies when I'm wearing this :)

• 1 month later...
Guest cutie.pie

This is Christmas in a bottle! :)

But, I put it on yesterday (on my hands and neck) and after 10 min I got a rash and it started to burn. Today (yeah, I'm wearing it today, I love it!) it burned, but not too much, only on my neck, not on my hands. Sometimes, I get that from Gimme Money, so I'm blaming allspice for that. I doesn't happen all the time. But, I plan on wearing it tomorrow too! :) Can't wait for my FB I got in trades to come :)

Awe! I know there's a warning that sometimes cinnamon can do that. Do you have it in oil or spray? You can always decant it into a spray so that you can spray it onto your blouse/shirt where your skin will be safe? :) Or maybe if you have it in oil, rub a bit into the tips of your hair?

My sister adores this one- it was her first LP love. So I snapped up some bottles in the sale to give her a Christmas surprise.

Glad I got a few bottles though, because now I love it too! It's warm and gooey, cakey and creamy and spicy in a more rounded, smoothed out way than some of the other spicy ones are to me. Wearing it feels like being slathered in decadent nommable festive spirit.

Guest cutie.pie

Awe! I know there's a warning that sometimes cinnamon can do that. Do you have it in oil or spray? You can always decant it into a spray so that you can spray it onto your blouse/shirt where your skin will be safe? :) Or maybe if you have it in oil, rub a bit into the tips of your hair?

I wore it again, and nothing... But I love it :) So rash, no rash, I'm wearing it lol :D

Hmm. I had a similar reaction to something with pepper. Didn't quite burn the first time I wore it, but it was a bit uncomfortable. Then the next time, nothing :huh:

Well! GOOD! :D Acclimation complete! Happy wearing! :heart:

• 7 months later...

I just found this sniffing in my stash..oh WHY did I not get a bottle of this? I must've had my head stuck in the fear of patch. I was so wrong! This is so spicy, so edible, so perfectly what I love during autumn and winter. I'll be searching for this on the trade pages.

Edited by Wanderlust

In case anyone else is searching for a bottle but is afraid of the patch, I have never been able to wear wear patch..until this scent appeared..and now it has disappeared. Typically, I get headaches and nausea when I wear patchouli. Not this time. This is EXACTLY the scent I've been searching for, the level of spice is perfection. It smells precisely like the pumpkin spice cake my grandma used to make. I've got to track down a bottle.

Guest cutie.pie

I really like this, I love allspice (this and Gimme Money are my favorites). However, with time my skin became so allspice sensitive... :(

• 2 years later...

Love this! I busted it out for Eggers bday, needed some early am cake! Allspice burns my skin, but my grandmother always said "you have to suffer to be beautiful." A little suffering to be a spicy beauty is alright with me. I put it on at 8:30am, by 10:30am the spice had mellowed and the patch had added a nice smoky note. Four hours in, my man said it smelled good, "like slightly burnt French toast." I like it. I have a touch of OCCO white elsewhere, next time I put it on, I'll layer them on the same body parts. I think it will be spectacular. I just touched he edge of my BBM rollerball to it, it's good but surprisingly not perfect. Next time I put it on, I'll do one area with Cauldron Cake and OCCO White, and another with CC and Odalisque. I will report back.

I noticed Luna said that anyone who liked Wicked would like it. They don't smell alike to me, but she's absolutely correct. I love this scent, but I think Wicked is more of an experience for me. Luna do you know if it's the same kind of patchouli? This one absolutely works for me. I can pick out individual notes in this but Wicked is too complex for me to smell anything but "Wicked." I am hoping to acquire ALL of the Wicked in the world, and I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Sooooo good. I'll have to try Boo Berry again because I also burned my skin a bit with my allspice sensitivity on that one, so haven't re-attempted lately. Does anyone have a suggestion for dealing with skin spice sensitivity? I can't apply many EO's neat, basil, oregano and a few others burn quite a bit. This is pretty normal among the fair skinned.

Edited by Eastwood22

I am hoping to acquire ALL of the Wicked in the world

As much as I appreciate your ambition, I'm still not giving up my one bottle. :P

As much as I appreciate your ambition, I'm still not giving up my one bottle. :P

Well, I certainly hope not!

It wouldn't really be Wicked if we just handed it over with smiles and "oh, this old thing? Help yourself, doll." I will concoct an appropriately evil scheme, complete with black magic, my trusty familiars, mysterious ingredients in my cauldron (cake,) and of course an evil laugh.