FANG!

Beccah

AD-Fang_1.jpg

OAK ~ A wood of masculine and projective energy. It symbolizes endurance, triumph, strength, power, prosperity, and heroism.
PINE ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
TEAKWOOD ~ Longevity, bonding, weathering all conditions, endurance.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
WALNUT ~ Wishes granted, strengthens the heart, enhancement of mental powers. Dark earthly powers.
TONKA ~ Love, money, courage, wishes granted; wards off illness.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
EARTH ~ Grounding, centering, protection, renewal, reincarnation, life.

Scent: Perfect for sweater weather, warm and woody, manly and cuddly.

I can't wait to get my sampler so that BF can try this. When I was showing off the New Release labels, he immediately said he loved this one the best, before we even realized that it's the men's scent! :lol: I hope it works for him. I'm glad he's taking a bit of an interest & joining in my scent fun lately. It's nice to have a partner in crime! :D

I can't wait to get my sampler so that BF can try this. When I was showing off the New Release labels, he immediately said he loved this one the best, before we even realized that it's the men's scent! :lol: I hope it works for him. I'm glad he's taking a bit of an interest & joining in my scent fun lately. It's nice to have a partner in crime! :D

I know, mine too! He even likes oils better than sprays now.

For now, this reminds me a bit of Portmanteau because it's very pine-y on me, There's a smoothness underneath in the drydown which I like but I'm not sure if I could wear this one; the only scent with pine as a prominent note I can wear is Sugared Forest. I'm betting Quince will be fine with it, he likes to smell like a tree. :D

I don't think my guy is big into woody scents, he likes the fresh-smelling stuff, but at even the slimmest possibility of having him wear something called Fang I'm getting a sample. :666:

Haha - tell him there is great reward in letting you live out your dreams ...

For now, this reminds me a bit of Portmanteau because it's very pine-y on me, There's a smoothness underneath in the drydown which I like but I'm not sure if I could wear this one; the only scent with pine as a prominent note I can wear is Sugared Forest. I'm betting Quince will be fine with it, he likes to smell like a tree. :D

OK - thanks for the quick review - it gives me an idea of what I will be jumping into.

My lumberjack! I need to find my lumberjack and slather him in this!!! This is such a rugged, manly scent, I'm practically swooning just sniffing the vial. on my skin, I get a blast of that exact same wonderful earth note from Sugared Apples. The wood comes out next and is prominent for the next ten minutes or so before it all melds into a rich, masculine scent. On me, the pine is more of a steady undercurrent, so I don't think you'd go around smelling like a bottle of Pine-Sol. The tonka and vanilla...? To die for. Don't pass it up, guys!! Heck, I might not even pass it up!

My lumberjack! I need to find my lumberjack and slather him in this!!! This is such a rugged, manly scent, I'm practically swooning just sniffing the vial. on my skin, I get a blast of that exact same wonderful earth note from Sugared Apples. The wood comes out next and is prominent for the next ten minutes or so before it all melds into a rich, masculine scent. On me, the pine is more of a steady undercurrent, so I don't think you'd go around smelling like a bottle of Pine-Sol. The tonka and vanilla...? To die for. Don't pass it up, guys!! Heck, I might not even pass it up!

Thanks BB!

OMG.... *DROOOOOOL*... Only a *dab* on me, and it's SO GOOD! I'm letting my guy sample this right now too... I'll have to wait to see if it's pounce-worthy on him as well, but I'd be happy if it's only ME that can wear this gorgeous thing! Earthy and wood, heaven!

I tried this just for fun -- assumed it'd be way too masculine for my taste based on the notes -- but I enjoyed it quite a bit more than I expected. At first I went WHAO FOODY HEAVEN...then minutes later, IRISH SPRING...then it quickly settled into a sensual harmony/ spark in dark/night of delight type smooth mellow unisexiness.

This one was ALL piney/oak-all wood on me, became very masculine very quick and the walnut was throwing confetti everywhere screaming SURPRISE!!!

So i got some woody walnut action going on and its got some serious "fresh & clean" scent that makes me want to make it...not clean....any more :Emoticons0424:

Im sure i can pick out the oak/teakwood/vetiver/tonka right off the bat (or im unconciously tuned into them)

I will fer shure wear this if my man wont--im all swooning over how nice this scent is. It gives me the impression that im outside goofing off in the woods with a MAN's man! Protecting me from all the scary woods predators with his manly-ness while having fun at the same time!

i cant stop having this shit eating grin while smelling my hand and day dreaming! I need to find a canadian hunk to splash this on!

YAY! BF loves this one! Woohoo! He's asked me to get him a bottle. Of course, he doesn't tell me anything about what he thinks it smells like, except a big ol' grunt, "Is gud." But he likes it! Which is awesome, 'cause I like it too. I'm a little afraid of the woody notes in scents - sometimes, on me, they get big and LOUD, (and I haven't tried this on myself yet - I haven't had it in my hand since I gave it to him!), but on him the wood is not the stand-out. On BF this is vanilla and walnut and just a hint of wood. It's very sexy! I've been watching him all night - he keeps sneaking sniffs off the back of his hand! :lol:

I was hoping to get one of these in my sampler, but I guess because there were already 10 women's scents, I would have had to add it separately... Well, I will, on my next order! This needs to go in my boy-smell collection!

Screw "men's", this one is for ME. As I hoped, I amp the tonka and vanilla, along with the oak, teak and walnut right behind. Aspects of it remind me of Unisexy and Marley's Ghost though it's an altogether different scent. I actually don't get much pine at all, just a little bit drifting in and out like a bit of autumn wind sneaking in through a crack in the window. Just a hint of vetiver too, enough to darken it but not enough to scream its presence. I think I'm going to pull a Luna and nab me an entire bottle. :D

Oh GODS!!! This is Boysmell, and MEsmell, and just. So. Freakin'. GOOD. I got a bottle unsniffed 'cause every note is a Win Note and luna said she thought I'd like it. LUNA YOU ARE SO COMPLETELY CORRECT!!! I get pretty much the same experience of the scent as Invi does, and I get the occasional breath of the Earth, too. I love me some dirt. This should be called Sex on the Trail...or Sex in the Woods...or Sex Against the Headstone!!! LOVE. :burning-heart: Oh and so far I have NOT shared it with Mr. Matt. He can share it by rubbing it off of MY skin. :666:

• 4 weeks later...

This is another winner. This is a very masculine, very smooth cologne that can be worn day or night.

I think I tend to amp vanilla a little and so the first thing that I can smell with this is the vanilla and the tonka right behind it. But this is not a loud or overly foody vanilla on me - it is a smooth vanilla that has some depth to it, I think due to the tonka right behind it. While it is still wet, the rest of the scents (woods, vetiver, walnut & earth) form a smooth background - so smooth I cannot pick out one note from the other.

Once this dries down, the smooth background of the woods, etc. become the primary scent with just a hint of the vanilla and tonka. It is not a "heavy" scent however - just a deep, smooth scent. It is however, heavy enough I would not think of it as a daytime summer scent here where it is really warm although it might work at night. This scent seems to stay close to my body - I could wear quite a bit of it without becoming the proverbial "cologne" guy.

This scent was as close to love at first smell as you can get.

• 1 month later...

Full review tomorrow, but for now, let me just say that Spike loves this one. While she might like some for herself to wear on occasion for a nice change (she really is more of an aquatic), she would go crazy for a lover to wear this. If a woman had a bottle of this, Spike would follow her around all day, and may like some of it on herself, so long as the application method was friction.

• 4 years later...

I love Fang, and I'm not big on "woody" man smells on my man as he seems to turn up cedar so it drowns out all others, I mistakenly have also been avoiding pine. But, QG recommended it so highly and I trust him, so it's in my man's goodie box now. I just came back from camping with the kids, and he had come back a day early for work, so we were kinda 2 ships passing. A while ago he asked me for something scary "so people wouldn't talk to him," I suggested Fang and said, "See? Scary." Of course he meant phero wise and I misunderstood. Anywho, he put on Fang at 5pm, when he got home at 2am I was like "Damn! Why do you smell so good? Which guy in the band were you trying to get with?" We figured out misunderstanding, and that Fang is absolutely positively never going to repel anyone, ever. AND still smells good 9 hours later! Another winner, yeah Mara! If you've forgotten about your bottle of Fang, bust it out, people!

Edited by Eastwood22

• 4 weeks later...

My man reads this as something purple/ blueberry/ berry/ "purple hard candy" when he firsts puts it on, and then it mellows and settles into a "not sweet vanilla-y woods, really good." Does anyone else get this "purple hard candy" before dry down? Just curious.