Looking Glass

Beccah

AD-LookingGlass_1.jpg

Looking Glass

In tribute to that hour when the veils are parted and one's destiny may be revealed, this potion contains ingredients which aid in psychic amplification and the granting of wishes and good fortune, featuring the classic scent of old-fashioned hard candy: crystalline sugar studded with drops of anise and peppermint oil adorning a base of sparkling white musk, transforming with wear from glittering freshness to long-lasting warm sweetness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
ANISE ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
PEPPERMINT ~ Stimulates, restores and uplifts. Cleansing, purification, relaxation, sleep, healing, psychic amplifier.
WHITE MUSK ~
Self- confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.

Scent: Sweet crystalline sugar candy with drops of anise and oil of peppermint, and a sparkling white musk in the base.

I love this. Sparkly, fresh and pure. This is what I want my breath to smell like. LOL. Very light. The peppermint is just a kiss. Reminds me of the mint in Lady Suzy's Birthday Cupcake. Anise comes out more as it dries. The musk is magical and whimsical. I need to do a full on slather when I am not wearing other things.

I love this. Sparkly, fresh and pure. This is what I want my breath to smell like. LOL. Very light. The peppermint is just a kiss. Reminds me of the mint in Lady Suzy's Birthday Cupcake. Anise comes out more as it dries. The musk is magical and whimsical. I need to do a full on slather when I am not wearing other things.

Is it anything akin to Snow Musk? Snow Musk comes off as a wintery version of Spider Silk on my skin & I love it.

Is it anything akin to Snow Musk? Snow Musk comes off as a wintery version of Spider Silk on my skin & I love it.

Not to me. This is nothing like Spider Silk. I can't wear SS and I love this. You will love Apparition I think.

I do like it in the vial. It's very pretty. I am of course slathered & spritzed in Spider SIlk today, so I it kept smelling like Snow Musk to me. I will have to go through when I perfume naked.

This is kinda how I pictured it, the first frost. It's in the same vein as Snow Musk, but different. It's not as minty and it's deeper and richer due to the anise. The peppermint is barely discernible as peppermint, but it gives it a crystalline quality. Very light but somewhat rich at the same time. I like it!

I knew I'd like this but didn't expect to THIS much -- it's special -- it is refreshing and cheerful, yet somehow warm at the same time -- like being out in a heavy snow in a sleigh but with piles of thick white furs on you. Wonderful.

I think I can wear this whereas with Snow Musk it didn't work so well on me (which might have to do with the type of musks used). But I love the chilly glittering quality of this one, especially when I first put it on and the sugar is so lovely, then the peppermint and anise twine through it all to make it fresh like halo notes. I don't normally go for this kind of scent, but the sweetness of this one is just so compelling when combined with the fresh aspect.

I knew I'd like this but didn't expect to THIS much -- it's special -- it is refreshing and cheerful, yet somehow warm at the same time -- like being out in a heavy snow in a sleigh but with piles of thick white furs on you. Wonderful.

Wow, I think I need a sample of this.

This really does smell like first frost

The peppermint was the first to show and the first to settle, what im smelling now is something warm and cozy. Like i was out for a walk at night with the crisp cold air then came inside to a really warm man house and cozied up in a nice bed with a dog.

it kinda smells of black liquorish after it completely settled down though

Man im tired, this is a serious bedtime scent to me haha

• 2 weeks later...

This surprised me.

This is gorgeous.. so deceptively simple. How do those few little ingredients make such a wonderful scent?

I smell mint then it turns into something else.. something genteelly adding a hint of frost to a mysteriously feminine scent. I can't help but feel like a beautiful young woman. Cool, calm and collected..

I could have sworn there was licorice in this! I didn't look over the notes again before I smelled everything on my skin just so I wouldn't have it stuck in my head when testing. I wanted a true scent test. So I got a sugary sweetness, like the candy sugar crystals you can dye and eat. Then a touch of licorice started peeking through! After drydown it became a light, fluffy, barely-there sugar with more licorice. Almost like a candy-coated licorice bite. Very nice, I like this and Apparition a lot. Though very different from each other, they hold similar qualities of being a soft, sugary skin scent.

• 2 weeks later...

This is lovely! I agree with all who have mentioned the first frost--the musk is sheer and subtle, and the peppermint and anise notes just sparkle. (It's perfectly named, by the way!) The mint is initially almost candy cane-like for me (which was a plus) but as it dries, it settles into something softer and less foodie. This actually feels like a perfect winter scent to me: festive, cool and bright, all at the same time. Elegant without being overwhelming. This feels quiet and understated enough to wear to work, but pretty and festive enough for socializing. Very nice!

I am really loving this one. Just as I expected, I don't amp the anise. It does have a certain "sparkling" quality in the background, but very soft and subtle. There is also a glimmer of mint in the wet stage but that quickly fades. What I'm left with is this wonderful sugared white musk, hanging in the balance between warm and cool. It's one of those scents you can wear absolutely any time and anywhere. Sleeper hit!

I am really loving this one. Just as I expected, I don't amp the anise. It does have a certain "sparkling" quality in the background, but very soft and subtle. There is also a glimmer of mint in the wet stage but that quickly fades. What I'm left with is this wonderful sugared white musk, hanging in the balance between warm and cool. It's one of those scents you can wear absolutely any time and anywhere. Sleeper hit!

Exactly... It's just fab. I really want a FB.

BTW it is amazing with some Un CB.

Yea, I felt covered.

I had a tummy swirl and a little swipe in my cleavage of Un CB.

Then a stripe next to it on my tummy of the LG

Then LG on wrists and neck and a swipe in cleavage

It covered fine. As for quickly, I did let the Un dry down for 10 min

Edited by StacyK

• 1 month later...

This scent smells bright and crisp but has a familiar, cozy feel. Maybe it's the musk that's making me think fluffy and cozy... The peppermint does not steal the show at all. It's smooth and anise is just right. It's a very sheer perfume- Definitely reminds me of looking out the window, looking at frosty weather outside, but being snuggled up inside.

• 1 year later...

I put this on today in hopes the mint would feel refreshing on this hot humid day. Funnily the mint vanished before it was even dry, but the remaining anise-vanilla-musk was splendid and lasted for HOURS. At least in today's wearing that study about licorice smell being appealing to men did seem to be borne out as I got pheromone-type double takes and staring and such everywhere I went- I'd say the effect was most like LFM.

Edited by tyvey

I put this on today in hopes the mint would feel refreshing on this hot humid day. Funnily the mint vanished before it was even dry, but the remaining anise-vanilla-musk was splendid and lasted for HOURS. At least in today's wearing that study about licorice smell being appealing to men did seem to be borne out as I got pheromone-type double takes and staring and such everywhere I went- I'd say the effect was most like LFM.

Interesting! I have a small hoard of this because I love the smell and it really does work like a looking glass for me. It gives psychic thoughts somehow I cannot explain it. I will have to wear this tomorrow.

• 5 months later...

Oh~

The anise rolled in powdery sugar with a hint of mint laid in a bed of soft musk

I forgotten how much I actually loved this! The blend is so gorgeous in its simplicity. The anise is prominent and the application spot is minty feeling, this is a wishlist bottle for sure

• 10 months later...

Wearing this today. As I enjoy the scent I can't help but think, "why don't I wear this ALL THE TIME?"

it's just georgous. So feminine and light. Fresh and velvety soft. The, what I'll call "pale" notes contrast and compliment that little spark of anise perfectly.

I'm just wearing this at home today. But, I can't help but think how this would make a beautiful date night fragrance. :heart: