Smells like urine?

LucasBly

This was my first foray into "unscented" pheromones, and I bought Teddy Potion BB and Super Sexy for Men.

On very light application of Teddy Potion BB, my wife almost immediately recoiled in horror and said I smelled like a dirty animal marking territory, or animal urine. I, of course, can't smell a darn thing.

Her reaction is clearly not what I'm going for.

That vial in the trash, now I'm scared to try SS4M.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Do you have any experience with women who react poorly to certain pheromones that react better to others, that I might try?

Just curious... Did you cover the pheromone with a scent? (I'm guessing you were using unscented pheros). There are very few of us here who wear pheromones without some kind of a cover scent. Not only does it cover the smell of the phero, but it also aids diffusion, AND if the scent is a yummy one, it can cause people to lean in further for a closer sniff, thereby getting a snootful of pheromones.

I know the smell of some of them can be a little off-putting, but I didn't find Teddy BB that stinky, myself. And my boyfriend uses SS4M, to no ill effects...

Maybe, if you haven't tried them already, get some of the phero-enhanced perfumes? Super for Men is awesome, and contains Super Sexy for Men, and the scented Teddy BB is a real snuggly scent that complements the phero.

I'm sure some others will be along to chime in shortly.

Good luck! :)

get it out of the trash and try again. grab some cologne and put it on and then put small dab dots on your wrist and neck along with cologne.

Some people smell pheros, some don't. And out of those that do there are super smellers. You will have trouble with her smelling them wet. Let them dry down completely and cover them with cologne. TeddyBB might not be a good choice because it contains androstadienone and it is one of the stinkier molecules.

Whoa, not at all. Some pheros hardly have any scent.

Obviously, I don't use the men's pheros, so I can't directly answer your original question. The only pheros I have that smell "bad" (and it's not even bad, just like an over-ripe fruit smell) are the ones with cops. But the scent of those dries down to almost nothing, and it's easily covered with a perfume.

Why don't you try the suggestions here of letting it dry down, then using a cover scent? Then you can see if that makes a difference.

@halo0073, thank you for the opinion on androstadienone, that gives me more hope for SS4M, which I have not given a fair trial yet.

Molls, thank you also - if SS4M elicits the same "animal scent" response, I will fall back to trying a cover up with my usual cologne - the only one of hundreds I tried (!) that my wife usually (but not always) enjoys.

And, I will order samples of all the phero-enhanced colognes, maybe I'll get lucky and find something she likes too.

Wife has a super smeller indeed, which is why I was hoping to avoid cologne use altogether - hence buying the unscented pheros in the first place. You can understand my disappointment at her response. :hearts04276:

- if SS4M elicits the same "animal scent" response, I will fall back to trying a cover up with my usual cologne - the only one of hundreds I tried (!) that my wife usually (but not always) enjoys.

My personal opinion is that you should use a cover scent regardless of whether or not the phero has an offensive smell. Like Halo said, some people smell pheros, some people don't. So even if the SS4M isn't offensive smelling to you, it could be to someone else. Cover it! So apply it, dry down (don't let the wife smell you while drying down!) and then cover with a scent you enjoy.

And, I will order samples of all the phero-enhanced colognes, maybe I'll get lucky and find something she likes too.

I think that's a great idea. I have a small stash of the men's samples, in the hopes of finding a man to try them on, and some of them are AMAZING!

Super smellers are tough, LucasBly, I dated one too. I could never *sneak* a phero on, because he'd IMMEDIATELY smell it on me. This was when I was very new to them as well, and I didn't really "start small" (wearing just dabs to test it out) nor did I let things dry completely. I was too excited about the whole thing WORKING for me! :) I think you've got good advice here, let 'em dry and pick a fragrance she likes. Does she object to regular alcohol-based scent? Then try fragrance oils, they wear much closer, and are less harsh for the most part, even to the super-sensitive nose...

I'm a super fucking smeller. I can smell everything. I can smell your teddy potion and yes it's offensive to me because it smells like urine, and you know what I also have my period, so that is affecting every sense and scent in my life right now..

Does your wife currently have her period?? If she is a super smeller like me.. then she will love Super with Super Sexy for Men

I practically dry hump my bf like a bitch in heat when he has that on.

My personal opinion is that you should use a cover scent regardless of whether or not the phero has an offensive smell. Like Halo said, some people smell pheros, some people don't. So even if the SS4M isn't offensive smelling to you, it could be to someone else. Cover it! So apply it, dry down (don't let the wife smell you while drying down!) and then cover with a scent you enjoy.

I can't smell them at all LOL and I smell everything! To add to what everyone else is saying, which I agree with fully, there is a chance it could be your skin chemistry messing it up. There are two ways you could test for this; try it with a cover scent as BB said, or test it on your skin and compare with someone else's. I've never done this with pheros but many times with un-pheroed scents that smelled "off" and sure enough, when they smelled fine on the other person (usually an equally perfume-obsessed friend) I knew my chemistry was the problem. Ask your wife if she'll try some of the unscented phero on her skin as a basis for body chemistry comparison. Of course being armed with a bunch of flowers won't hurt. ;)

Wife has a super smeller indeed, which is why I was hoping to avoid cologne use altogether - hence buying the unscented pheros in the first place. You can understand my disappointment at her response.

I just wanted to point out that "unscented" doesn't mean that it has no scent, in this case, it means that it's not covered by another fragrance when it's being sent to you (unlike the phero enhanced fragrances). This might've been where some confusion lay for you in your wife being immediately taken aback by the smell.

Definitely give it another shot. Unscented pheros aren't offensive, they just aren't always pleasant. I'm not a super smeller, I think, so I don't even mind the smell of cops and such, but I know the first time I tried things, it was certainly jarring and sharp, so maybe both of you need some time to get used to things too.

But yeah, phero enhanced fragrances seem like they'd be your best bet.

Does she object to regular alcohol-based scent? Then try fragrance oils, they wear much closer, and are less harsh for the most part, even to the super-sensitive nose...

The oil based scents would be a good thing to take advantage of, if your wife objects to men's colognes. The scent kind of makes a little halo around the wearer, as opposed to assaulting everyone in the room, (like alcohol-based scents).

I work in a restaurant, with a Chef who's a super-smeller, and he never ever complains about my perfumes. Occasionally he'll ask me what I'm wearing, but that's about it. I even asked him if he'd prefer I stop wearing them, (because it *is* a restaurant, after all, and no one wants to feel like they're eating perfume), and he said I could continue to wear them because they only seemed to stick around me, and because they didn't come off as offensively or obtrusively stinky. I generally get all of my scents & pheros in oil for this reason.

I agree with everyone else about letting the pheros dry a bit, and adding a scent, too, before getting close to your wife.

Tried SS4M, said I smelled like rat pee still, even after waiting several hours, and covering with my usual fragrance. To the trash. Not holding out much hope for coming samples. Thanks for your replies though!

Edited by LucasBly

Tried SS4M, said I smelled like rat pee still, even after waiting several hours, and covering with my usual fragrance. To the trash. Not holding out much hope for coming samples. Thanks for your replies though!

Try the phero-enhanced scents you have coming.....maybe you will find something that you like. Even though the pheros are called "unscented", that just means no added scent, not truly unscented....just the scent of the pheros themselves. Some pheros stink.....they are mating signals, after all.

Edited by Dolly

Try the phero-enhanced scents you have coming.....maybe you will find something that you like. Even though the pheros are called "unscented", that just means no added scent, not truly unscented....just the scent of the pheros themselves. Some pheros stink.....they are mating signals, after all.

Also, some people, after they have sniffed straight pheros, have an aversion to anything that they THINK has pheros.....don't tell your wife that your new samples have pheros.....just tell her that you have some new scented oils that you want her to smell, so you can see if she likes any of them. That might work better.

Where did you put your pheros? If you put them on your hair or clothing, they will not dry down properly for you to cover them, and you will likely stink. Also, if you dressed before you dried down all the way, the phero might have gotten on them. I hate to see you trash a bottle right away without ironing out the bugs!!!

I will chime in here on application, it may be you are putting on too much? A teeny dot is probably enough. I smell teddy Bb but I kinda like it, but that's in teeny amounts. Offer them up for trade if you're really sure they're not working perhaps. The scented teddy is divine btw.

I will add that when I tried to get feedback from my b/f (at the time) with pheros, I had similar reactions. I think this came from him knowing that I was using a pheromone, and possibly the mistrust of the reason behind it - like, "I'm already here with you, whose attention are you trying to get?" - coupled with a natural scepticism that many people have towards pheros in general.

I wonder if you would get a better response from your wife if you just applied the phero (as suggested above) lightly, not on hair or clothing, and let it dry down, using a cover scent... and just see if there was any reaction with her not knowing about it, just let the phero do its work on her. One of the things that I didn't understand about pheros at first was that it wasn't necessarily an instantaneous, knee-jerk response to smelling it - these guys weren't going to start having hearts float out of their eyeballs, like on tv, lol.. but more of an "enhance what might already be there" type of thing.

You mentioned that you have phero enhanced scents on the way - I have found from my own experience that the phero enhanced scents actually work WAY better for me than the UN pheros. I think it's because of the both the intent behind the scent, as well as the lower ratio of pheromone. For me, less is definitely more.

Just saw thism my wife has a very sensitive nose too so I have to be careful.

Where are you applying the phros? And how much?

Do you have a cologne she really likes or is she like my wife and generally prefers you "au naturale" scent-wise?

Doesn't seem to matter where I apply, or whether or not I cover with cologne. A different unscented phero from a competitor doesn't seem to turn her off so much, which suggests to me perhaps LP uses more, or a different quality, or a different source of pheros than other mfr's do. Any confirmation of this from the mods?

Never heard of that company and I have tried products from every legitimate company out there. Most stuff sold on Amazon and ebay is a joke with very low concentrations of actual pheromones. The reason she can't smell them is because they are there in tiny amounts. There are people who just simply cannot handle the smell of pheromones and can sniff out where in the room they are applied even days later. I fear you have one of those on your hands.

Never heard of that company and I have tried products from every legitimate company out there. Most stuff sold on Amazon and ebay is a joke with very low concentrations of actual pheromones. The reason she can't smell them is because they are there in tiny amounts. There are people who just simply cannot handle the smell of pheromones and can sniff out where in the room they are applied even days later. I fear you have one of those on your hands.

YEP, I would bet it is watered-down crap. I have tried just about every source out there over the past 10 yrs....the good, the bad, and the ugly. Never tried that particular name, but there are a lot of companies out there that buy stuff and then re-label and market it.

I would suggest that you try the scented samples from here (without telling your wife that they have pheros in them), and if that doesn't work, I guess pheros are just not for you.

I too have tried products from most of the reputable companies (resellers or manufacturers) and have never heard of these guys.

Several of us are also members on boards that specifically discuss pheromones. In fact I came here specifically to try LPs pheromone blends. There is really no such thing as unscented pheromone blends with no smell. Any decent concentration of pheromones will have a slight scent. If this product has no scent at all it is very weak at a minimum.

I don't see how that formula could be odorless? Two of those molecules are fairly stinky. I actually like the smell of pheromones, but 'none is sharp & stinky to me.

Have you tried any of the regular men's scents from here? I think Love Potion Homme & Love Potion #9 are great stand alone men's scents. Pheromones are great & all, but for my personal usage, they can be impractical. Like when I want to to drink. I get very effective hits from something like Love Potion Original or Red, no pheromones needed. Don't underestimate the power of simply smelling great ;)

• 5 months later...

Most of them have some sort of funk to them, some more than others, but I have not found one yet that allowed to dry down properly, then get covered with a suitable fragrance that would not eventually meld in with my chemistry and behave itself. I do consider myself fortunate when I hear of some people's experiences.

Most of them have some sort of funk to them, some more than others, but I have not found one yet that allowed to dry down properly, then get covered with a suitable fragrance that would not eventually meld in with my chemistry and behave itself. I do consider myself fortunate when I hear of some people's experiences.

I was surprised by how much this one bothered me, especially since I like the smell of cops, even wet. I guess there's some animal part of my brain that can't stop screaming "EEEWWW, boy pee" when the enone's around. I will try again and give it the chance for a long dry-down just to see if things change as I get more used to the particular phero blend.

It is definitely worth a try or two more. Also remember that where you are at in your own cycle does seem to have an effect on the way they smell and work. Strange critters, these pheros.

Ah, yes, a very good point!

And I'll certainly try Dominance in another perfume, as there might have been something in Sex & Violins that was enhancing my perception of the enone.

Edited by donsie