Southern Gothic:2008

blupest

AD-SouthGoth2008.jpg

Southern Gothic

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND! The flagship scent of Danna’s line of Southern Gothic Magickal Scents™. A garden full of southern flowers make up this love and fidelity potion. Come into our garden for a spell!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:
GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator, powerfully magnetic, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
MAGNOLIA ~ Adds an air of nobility, psychic enhancer, inspires peace and harmony; fidelity.
GREENERY ~ Pleasure, blissfulness, attraction, stamina, courage, strength, healing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am very hard to please when it comes to Gardenia scents. I grow them..so I know very well the true scent.
Well, Southern Gothic 2008 is exactly what I was hoping it would be. A wonderfuly heady, true gardenia scent. Yeah, there's other stuff going on, but its all about the gardenia.

I know I am getting one bottle..trying to decide if I should be a piggy and get TWO. :020105~21:

I was quite surprised in a pleasant way. I didn't have the chance to try the original version, this has full sz btl possibilities (and I'm not a big floral fan)

liz :)

Ok. My wonky skin chemistry can do a number on some scents, so keep that in mind. When I put this on my skin morphed a sharp kind of "band aid" scent undertone. I was patient though, because the gardenia on top was fabulous. It was worth the wait! The throw from this is amazing, and the smell divine! I still have the slightest bit of whatever the smell is if you sniff right on my skin, but if you sniff two inches away you're on your way to olfactory orgasm! I'm gonna try this one with D5 and see if it keeps the under thingy away. I love it so much I bought a full bottle. I am wearing it along with Spanish Gold and have the ceiling fan blowing down on me and I am surrounded by a cloud or golden beauty!

• 2 weeks later...

I feel like I'm repeating myself when I say - boy is this beautiful! Gardenia is a flower I love *as a real-life flower* but I seldom like Gardenia-based perfumes. They tend to be overkill. SG is a floral that doesn't hit you over the head yelling, "I'M A BIG WHITE FLORAL AND I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR SOX OFF!!11!" No, it's a seductive spicy floral scent, very heady, but not scary. Do NOT be afraiad of trying this one...

• 5 weeks later...

Why Miss Danna, bless your little heart!

You've captured the scent of a fresh gardenia bloom.

Reminds me of the gardenias blossoms floating in water throughout our house as a kid. The plants lined our driveway (along with night jasmine) and my mother would pick the blossoms and float them in water in each room.

Sometimes I miss my fragile white flowers, and perfumes usually don't do them justice. This is a lovely surprise. Thanks so much.

• 2 months later...

I was a bit worried to try this one. I was afraid it would get too heavy or strong on me. It didn't. This is a lovely gardenia scent. It is a bit heady, but not overwhelmingly so. It has good throw without being obnoxious. And no chemical scent. May just get a bottle of this.

Edited by Babydials

And no chemical scent.

That's because none of the potions here have chemical stabilizers or such......of course, I am just talking about the perfumes, not the pheros......

I was a bit worried to try this one. I was afraid it would get too heavy or strong on me. It didn't this is a lovely gardenia scent. It is a bit heady, but not overwhelmingly so. It has good throw without being obnoxious. And no chemical scent. May just get a bottle of this.

Yep - I can wear this one w/o it wearing ME, you know? Even in the summertime!

• 4 months later...

This is so beautiful. I thought I would try it because my family is from the south and I had spend some time in Arkansas and Georgia. On me this is a very sweet, almost honey like floral. The florals smell sweet and lush and are also very light. I woiuld say it's more heady than spicey. This definately reminds me of a hot, humid day in the south with the smells of the flowers. The descriptions i very accurate. I could see myself sitting outside in the sun int he afternoon sipping a nice iced glass of sweet tea relaxing with the family. I so want a big bottle of this! It's absoultely gorgeous.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait. I ordered a sample of this. I don't see it getting much action on the boards, but it sounds so interesting. I am a Southern girl so I had to try it out.

• 1 year later...

Floral, very in depth scent. Like being outside it feels gothic to me very intriguing.

Wait, I never reviewed this? Really?

It's a really creamy, sweet (but not cloying) almost edible white floral with a bit of mystery floating in the background. As it dries down I get the tiny bit of spice which is just lovely! If you don't normally do florals, just try this.

Edited by Invidiana

I agree I couls see how someone that doesn't normally do florals could like this scent... a lot! :(

• 6 years later...

Ha, so this scent is 8 years old. Whose counting? It smells as fresh as day one. I've been getting this weird craving for white flowers lately. I'm digging big tuberose, big Lily's and Liz Taylor's favorite; Big Gardenia!

This is a beaut. It's very heady and humid. You can smell the muggy moisture in the air as these ripe flowers release they're essential oils in the heat. There's not a breeze to be found and the nighttime is barely a drop of relief from the heat of the day. You can hear the cicadas buzzing..it's a sweltering night down South.

This is not green. It's a bit sweet and wet. Very big sillage, very lasting. The magnolia is an afterthought, it's all about the gardenia. There is something else to it too, maybe the aforementioned 'southern spice' but it doesn't smell like spice to me..maybe a bare hint of fruit, like honeydew. Or even tuberose in its grape bubblegum glory. Whatever it is, it's working.

I don't get the craving for scents like this too often, but this certainly fits the bill when I do.

Most of all, it is evocative of a hot plantation garden in another age. An age before air conditioning or tv. It's sitting on the porch after unlacing your corset, breathing a sigh of relief as the sweat rolls down your glass of sweet tea. It's very good. Happy to have hung onto this one.