UN for Men

luna65

I too received my latest order today and since I'm the love-to-smell-like-a-guy girlie I thought I'd start this one (although I bet some of you can't resist trying this yourselves!).

I will say that if you love the scent of PB Super then this will not disappoint, it smells exactly the same, BUT of course the difference is the lavender.

Mara: is it a top note or a heart note? It seems like a top note to me because it kind of floats above the scent, and definitely does give it a "crisp" impression when I sniff. In the vial it's very prevalent, with that familiar herbal feel, but once applied it takes on that cool characteristic. If I go by the ambient sillage from my wrists it's all pure Super. So it's not a sweet lavender and not entirely herbal, it's more lavender water, I want to say? But it also reminds me of the type of mint that actually smells like lavender.

If you and/or your XYs love PB Super then you need to get this! Because sure, it's always nice to have some chemical advantage with the pheromones, but nothing is better (IMO) than the joy of a good scent and this, my fellow LP addicts, is a good scent.

PS: for me, the lavender note lasts about 90 minutes and then it's back to the oh-so-incredible Super. :love:

Edited by luna65

I too received my latest order today and since I'm the love-to-smell-like-a-guy girlie I thought I'd start this one (although I bet some of you can't resist trying this yourselves!).

I will say that if you love the scent of PB Super then this will not disappoint, it smells exactly the same, BUT of course the difference is the lavender.

Mara: is it a top note or a heart note? It seems like a top note to me because it kind of floats above the scent, and definitely does give it a "crisp" impression when I sniff. In the vial it's very prevalent, with that familiar herbal feel, but once applied it takes on that cool characteristic. If I go by the ambient sillage from my wrists it's all pure Super. So it's not a sweet lavender and not entirely herbal, it's more lavender water, I want to say? But it also reminds me of the type of mint that actually smells like lavender.

If you and/or your XYs love PB Super then you need to get this! Because sure, it's always nice to have some chemical advantage with the pheromones, but nothing is better (IMO) than the joy of a good scent and this, my fellow LP addicts, is a good scent.

Well, I will DEFINITELY be trying this on myself tomorrow....

Okay, here's a funny thing:

So I had given one of my split samples (when M&D ran out of regular trial vials and we got some samples split between two small vials) of PB Super to my co-worker Wesley and he said he would give it a try (he liked the way it smelled) so just now he was at my desk and I held up my wrist. He took a whiff and said, "Hey, that smells really nice, it smells like the one you gave me." so I explained the difference and I said, "Now you too could smell this awesome!" :)

I said, "C'mon big guy, be a man and give this a shot!"

(He already has the website address...one of these days I know he's gonna break down and just order it himself, heh.) :love:

Edited by luna65

I used pure Lavender essential oil in this, actually three different sources of it to round out the note. And there's quite a bit of it in there. Normally I do not care for the camphorousness of lavender EO, but for some reason, it works perfectly with this combo, just making it seem very brisk and fresh.

The other differences from Super, other than the lack of pheromones, is that I did not add any brown sugar to this mix - wanting it less sweet and more fresh. There is also a greater percentage of pipe tobacco in this blend than in the other, and less maple as well.

When I A/B them, I find Super seems more sweet and modern, and UN is really evocative of the scent coming out of the old barber shops I remember in Jersey City from when I was a kid.

:love:

Ah...thanks for elaborating. :)

Maybe my skin tends to amp sweetness (I've never really noticed that, but it could be) because in the drydown I'm still getting all the things I love about Super, or maybe it's just that my whole Pavlovian relationship to it is such that my brain is insisting it smells exactly the same. :love:

I notice the difference wet......the less maple for instance......I am loving UN though.....will be ordering a bottle of this for my sweetie.....

Man, this is GOOD! My husband did not like the first minute of this scent but then liked it afterwards,once it settled down. I love every bit of it. Hubby is wearing the sample today and will let me know if he wants a full bottle. I hope he does...but if not, I just might get this for myself.

The pipe tobacco in this is really luxurious smelling.

The pipe tobacco in this is really luxurious smelling.

Definitely! I think it's my favorite component because it's so unlike most accords that I've encountered previously.

Not sure if I like this one, like the lavender, like the tobacco.....but sometimes if I let it mature a little, it changes. I'll give it another try in a month or two.

liz

Well, hubby just came home raving about how he loves this scent, how it lasted all day and how people at work loved it on him. He did say some commented (favorably) on the maple syrup aspect of it.

I went and ordered a bottle for him.

(Hopefully this order can be added to my one from yesterday and save LPMP postage and packing materials.)

• 1 year later...

another goody that luna sent me. when i bought it in bath salts, i smelled the maple in the package which melted into a nice lavendar in the tub...but what a difference wearing it as a fragrance makes. When first applied, it is all copal and lavendar and very medicinal on my skin. But, after an hour or so, that dies down and leaves a hint of lightly sweetened tobacco...very subtle and come hither to sniff me kinda smell. Probably would be more so if I used it with some beta-androstenol. :blush:

• 1 month later...

First, let me say that I really like this scent. I like anything that smells like food. I had a funny experience yesterday while wearing UN. I'd gone with some friends on a tour of an old mansion that is now a museum. Every once in a while someone from our group would catch a wiff of me as I'd walk around. They were having quite a time figuring out where this masculine, yet sweet scent was coming from. They thought some ghost with cologne was following me around until I admitted that I was the one wearing it.

I heard nothing but complements even before they found out that I was 'the cologne guy'. It was funny because one woman described it as a 'sticky bunn-y' smell and another said it reminded her a bit of an 'Old Spice-y' smell but she wanted her husband to smell like that.

The odd thing was, until they figured out it was me, the only time they'd catch an occasional wiff was as I was walking around. In other words, they'd occasionally smell it behind me but not on me as I was standing still. Definitely leaves a nice scent trail behind it. My chemistry really seems to bring out any sweet notes with everything I've worn from here. I must just be a really sweet guy.

Once I told them it was me they kept smelling me as we'd be walking around. *sniff, Sniff* It was described by all of them as being old fashioned and masculine and they all wanted to know what it was. I told them it was my love potion and where to find it online so hopefully some of them will be making the rounds here to the forum.

I've worn UN 3 or 4 times now and everytime I do it seems to really draw a lot of feminine attention (the very reason I wear it so it works out well). I am still trying out all of the scents in the men's trial pack and I have yet to find one of those I don't like once I put it on. Most of them I am not sure about wearing until I put it on my skin. Don't judge these scents out of the vial. My only problem is which one (other than Miss Right... Now) to get. I am definitely Getting Miss Right... Now as soon as my finances allow. :)

Edited by Snoopyace

• 2 weeks later...

Du lieber Gott im Himmel. This baby reaches right down to my girlie parts and gives them a little tug. Or maybe a push. Or maybe a slight circular...but I digress.

This is the first time I've tried UN, as DH has SUPER and finds it a little sweet for his tastes (but then who cares about his tastes, right?)

UN, while slightly less sweet, still has that gorgeous pipe tobacco, and is lightened up a touch by the lavender. It is still a fragrance that makes me trail zombie-like across a room in it's wake. Limbic reaction.

Yep, UN does it for me.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Men do tend to say that about UN and Super for Men (such as my Quince) BUT I'm telling you, this is pure girlnip, we love it. Gods help me if I ever encountered another man wearing UN because I'd be eyeing him like a tasty snack for sure!

Men do tend to say that about UN and Super for Men (such as my Quince) BUT I'm telling you, this is pure girlnip, we love it. Gods help me if I ever encountered another man wearing UN because I'd be eyeing him like a tasty snack for sure!

I'd have to second Luna's assesment of UN. It really isn't one of my favorite scents but women seem to go gaga over it! I'm just about out of my bottle of it and although I'm not in love with it, the women around me are so I will likely spring for another.

Quince has gotten to appreciate UN a little more since I gave him a bottle amped with Animism (aka velcro for Quim). But he still won't wear it on his own. :)

My man doesn't care for it much either, but he will wear it for me......he is not allowed out of the house with Super unless I am with him (I have 3 bottles of it hoarded for our playtimes......LOL), but he did wear UN to the office and had ladies following him around telling him how good he smelled.....

Edited by Dolly

Heh, ever since that time Quince wore Super out and about and people talked to him (Oh the horror!) we had a discussion about how it should only be for playtime. But he makes the same association with UN since the scents are similar.

Hysterical - I see a consistent theme here...

MEN - This is sticky sweet crap. I smell like a maple syrup truck overturned in a tobacco field.

WOMEN - **drools uncontrollably and touches self**

I stand by my earlier assessment of UN.

MEN - This is sticky sweet crap. I smell like a maple syrup truck overturned in a tobacco field.

I love it! That is exactly it! :thumbup:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA

"Mate, you smell like a cane train derailed in a bloody tobacco field! You must be a poofter!"

"So you don't mind if I date your girlfriend then?"

You can change the hemisphere, but you cain't change the UN!

"Mate, you smell like a cane train derailed in a bloody tobacco field! You must be a poofter!"

"So you don't mind if I date your girlfriend then?"

That's about it!

I actually had a male friend ask me, 'Why the hell do you want to smell like maple syrup!' His GF walks over, takes a sniff and gives me a big hug, 'Ohhhhhh.... You smell good enough to just NOM NOM NOM!' He swore at me and walked away. :lol:

I never told this story, I actually had to ask permission to tell it, but it's similar to yours, Mark.

Of course I was very keen to get Quince to wear UN on a regular basis and for a while I was lobbying for it (this was before he discovered Ares, which he likes a lot, and also before Delicious Wood which he does appear to wear on a daily basis now) and although he was fine with the lavender phase, after that wore off he said it was too sweet. But occasionally he would succumb to my long-distance encouragement...until one day his close friend/colleague came to visit and Quince wore it and then called me. He had his friend get on the line and said, "Tell her what you think of it."

His friend said, "You really like this stuff? It makes him smell like pancakes!"

I laughed and said, "He has an extra sample, take it home and let your wife smell it. I bet she will LOVE it!"

"Oh no," he said, "I have to draw the line somewhere, and smelling like pancakes it where it's at."

:lol:

• 4 months later...

My son who is 24 has gotten so many compliments on the scent that I had to buy him a large bottle for an early Christmas present. At first he thought that it contained pheromones because of the blatant hits he's been getting. It does smell really really good.

My son who is 24 has gotten so many compliments on the scent that I had to buy him a large bottle for an early Christmas present. At first he thought that it contained pheromones because of the blatant hits he's been getting. It does smell really really good.

I burned through my bottle of UN pretty quickly because I was getting such great reactions from the scent alone that I couldn't bring myself to wear much else until I got Mark's Tonka Tobacum and women LOVED that one as well. I always laugh at the guys reactions (none really love the sweetness) while the women all get closer. Might have to get me another bottle of this one for the fun of it!

I burned through my bottle of UN pretty quickly because I was getting such great reactions from the scent alone that I couldn't bring myself to wear much else until I got Mark's Tonka Tobacum and women LOVED that one as well. I always laugh at the guys reactions (none really love the sweetness) while the women all get closer. Might have to get me another bottle of this one for the fun of it!

Yes you should Snoopyace. My son was at a convention and the women were all over him. Everyone wanted to know what he was wearing. I never tried Une for Women so I'm off ot buy some samples now. If you guys are getting hits from the scent alone I wonder what I'll get with mine.

Well UNE is just Phero Girl without the cops, so you likely already know what will happen!

It's like I always tell the guys here: women love Super/UN and so if that's who you want to impress, you know what to do. :)

• 1 year later...

I have been using UN for about a week, and this definitely is an attraction getter.

At first I thought it was a little strong, but it settles to very nice salacious muskiness on my skin when mixed with strong pheros like SS4M.

Its an eye/glance beacon

May make good name for an oil "Salacious Musk".

Used it again with more pheros (SS4M + A1) mixed in as the scent is strong.

But I got similar comments that Synergist got, from a woman early 20s next to me.

"something smells foody....kinda like....curry? Like someone is cooking stuff"

another chimed in "sometimes you get smells from the food bar down the road, but i cant smell much"

I said nothing, but she didnt stay long. The other one didnt seem to want to leave.

Synergist got it wearing “Passion in Pink”, I got it wearing UN for men. Neither have common ingredients.

I guess some people are just not used to foods scents on other people.

It doesnt seem to smell like curry to me, and i dont like curry scent.

Oh well, cant please them all.

Synergist got it wearing “Passion in Pink”, I got it wearing UN for men. Neither have common ingredients.

I find that any time a person might smell something which could be classified as spicy on someone, their brain automatically assigns it to curry even when that's not actually possible. Most people don't have a very acute sense of smell at all.

My boyfriend can't even get the fragrance family right. If i am wearing a scent he can't place he sometimes ends up with opposite words for instance Garland and lace might get described as soapy or Rainbow falls might be like food. LOL. It amuses me. But it would be nice to have a partner who could smell correctly. Meh, that's what girlfriends are for.