Lady Victoria's Flamango

LadyVictoria

My inspiration for this PE were flamingos! Whilst in Miami we saw them everywhere. Not in person but on billboards, cups, postcards, etc.. The colors and environment of Miami totally inspired me to put it all together in a PE. I love the label it's so very vintage Miami. A bit art deco even. There's this really cool boutique on Ocean Drive inside the information center I believe, anyhow they have tons of cool vintage postcards, purses, art deco jewels.. etc. I wanted to live there. I really love Miami, it's sexy, bright and sassy.. and the smell of the beach and city clings to your skin very warmly and sweetly- this is what my PE smells like EXACTLY! Something very sexy, warm, sweet, but bright and cheery.

It's my happy scent right now.

I was a bit scared when Mara mentioned green musk and grapefruit, because those sometimes go all Courtney Love- during the Hole years on me, but Mara knows what she is doing as the result is something so sexy sweet and skin like. It reminds me of a caftan. One of those gorgeous silk caftans I could never afford. Bright, sexy, and clingy. I get a delicious mango cherry musky goodness, that makes me want to drink and dance, you know like those hard liquor commercials? Exactly like that.

I LOOOVE LOOOVE LOOVE THIS!

THANK YOU MARA FOR MY MIAMI FLAMINGO JOY!

I like that this turned out more sophisticated than a fruit musk would usually be; it's got a really interesting dimension to it It starts out really sweet and bright with the fruit, I like the cherry especially, it really is a "cherry on top" kind of note in this. And then the fruit backs off on me except for a thread of mango and the musk takes over and it's really smooth and pretty. It does have a sort of gauzy clinging feeling to it, like you say. Brava!

I'm glad this turned out so well for you. I'm bummed now, that I didn't nab one for myself - I *almost* did. And then I didn't. Stoopid. :( It's my favourite PE label this month, and I love the notes. I will live vicariously through all of you who report lovely things here. :D

Im happy I got a bottle! It's a very smooth and happy scent and it wears close to the skin. At application, it's a mango cherry that reminds me of a yummy umbrella type drink. It also has that Ambrosia feel. The fruitiness backs down after a while and the green musk shows itself. The dry down is addictive. It wears closely and I'm getting a light sweet mango and delicious musk. This is so pretty!!!

Sounds fabulous!!

So glad it came out great. :D

There are so many PEs I wish I could have grabbed up, this was one. ENJOY the fuck out of it!!!!! :heart: