Allumette v2-w/ Perfect Match

AD-Allumette2013_1.jpg

MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
WOODS ~ Protection, love, success, power.
SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration, concealment and celebration.

PERFECT MATCH Pheromone Formula may be worn by both sexes, and the properties of the ingredients include: mood elevating, calming, trust and bonding. Provides a "love in the tummy" kind of thrill!

I am really hoping this scent works on me, because I love the effects of Perfect Match but the scent of Bonded did not really work for me.

(I have UN PM now as well, but like many people here have said, the pheros seem to work better when integrated with a fragrance)

This wears about 95% the same as the original Allumette on me. Very cozy, musky and sweet on my skin. It wears slightly more feminine on my skin. Perfect Match is great for this one. The only difference is about an hour in, the musk really comes alive in this one (which is good!! It's a great musk!) whereas in the original, it was more of an even keel for me. I won't be purchasing, as I have a nice stash of the first version, but don't pass this by if you missed out a couple years ago!

Edited by BlueBear

OMG OMG OMG! I fucking love this! This is no surprise because I love and adore V1. But I think I love this one even more. It is very close to the original, amazingly close for three years later. Maybe this is what V1 smelled like freshly brewed. Because i do remember being like this about it too. This version is a little sweeter. That's the main difference. It's not lasting as long on me though but I am having that problem with a few new releases so maybe that's just my skin right now.

OMG CANNOT WAIT! I remember loving V1 with Occo Red or was it LP red that I paired it with ?

I can't remember. The Occo Red brought out the fuego.

I'm waiting on this.. but I can see the idea of adding the OCCo Red. Muy caliente! I think OCCo gold or Phero Girl (just a bit) might also be good. Get that good HAM effect. I could use a little Holiday HAM.

I dove off the deep end and ordered FBs before even having had a chance to sniffle Allumette after reading the above offered review thread for the original. I cannot - CANNOT - imagine NOT loving this...and may need to hoard more in January. Living vicariously through your descriptions until the lil' beauties arrive! :hubbahubba: PM is one of my favorite blends so this is just doubly AWESOME!!!

------------------------------------

EDIT:

HOLYWHAT?! Looks like I won't be ordering more - it's SOLD OUT already!!! WOW! THAT was SUPAH fast!!!

Edited by NuTrix

In the vial and on first application, this was a very unique and huffable fragrance, but not ten minutes later, my chemistry did something wonk-wonk with it, and I had to wash it off. I tested it again three days later, and same thing. Looks like it's ok not to love this, because it's GGG already!

This version is even better than the 1st. It's delicious musky vanilla woods. To me this is what Apparition should have smelled like.

The smoke and woods is prominent on me followed by vanilla and musk, it's such a cozy romantic campfire smells.

This reminds me of a trip me and bf took to Santa Barbara, We stayed in this romantic cute B & B.. with a fire place and it was just so quaint and cozy and warm.. I am so wearing this to Thanksgiving with his mom, because she lives in the desert and we are planning on burning smores!

Yup I think I grabbed the last bottle.

shit. are you serious? I just requested a sample hoping that when January rolled around, if I liked it, I'd get it.

*pout*

oh well. Guess that just means there's nothing standing in between me and Steamy Daydreams finally.

I've been slathered in this all day. I completely understand why its gone...I would have ordered boatloads of the stuff!

This smells pretty much exactly like the original to me, except it's sharper, pointy-ier, because it's new. The original has aged nicely and I like it more than I did when I first tried it. So within six months or so this version should also be really smooth with a compelling backdrop of woodsmoke.

This smells pretty much exactly like the original to me, except it's sharper, pointy-ier, because it's new. The original has aged nicely and I like it more than I did when I first tried it. So within six months or so this version should also be really smooth with a compelling backdrop of woodsmoke.

This is unusual and gorgeous! A seductive whisper to your senses.

Wish I had gone 2 FBs on this. Smokey like a heated musk. Sensual, sexy and secretive.

I love it now. I can't wait to get those aged results Luna and others have mentioned.. if it lasts that long. :purr:

Edited by StacyK

Oh, man! When my sampler arrived, I think this had not quite sold out, and when I smelled it in the vial, I thought "meh" and was happy not to have fallen in love with it, since I was already spending so much money. Also, Perfect Match is one of the things I have tried more extensively and it never really did much for me. So I was content to miss this.

Then last night, I was trying to compare scents with smoke in them, and I put this on.... oh dear, instant love! What an amazing scent! It took me straight back to my favorite incense when I was a teenager, which came in the cone form, and I could just see that glowing incense-to-ash thing happening. I think in the original review thread, Mara talked about trying to capture the exact scent of a just-struck match, and she nailed it PERFECTLY. This was rich and exotic and incensey and smokey gorgeous. I would love to smell like this in the fall, especially, and I think it would be the perfect sleep scent.

This is the first scent with smoke in it, by the way, that really felt smoky enough for me. Usually it's more a teasing background note, but I really could smell it here. And I loved it.

Ah, well. I'll enjoy the trial vial, and if v. 3 ever comes around, I'll know to snatch it up!

Edited by Blackcat

Maybe you can find a bottle on the trade threads one day?

I haven't tried this one on my skin yet. At first I left it till the last to test, because it didn't sound like something that I'd like. But the more I sniff it from the bottle, the more I think I was wrong, and now I don't want to test it on my skin because I don't want to fall in love with it, now that it's unavailable! :lol: DOH!

I'm sad that Perfect Match doesn't do anything for you, Blackcat. It's one of my favourite pheros to use with my BF. It's provided some of the most enjoyable days and nights with him in the last 2 years. With the exception of once, when I got a huge surge of what I described at the time as anxiousness, (butterflies in the tummy), I've not gotten much in the way of self-effects from it, but the effects on BF are very noticeable, and very likeable, if a bit subtle. They're also pretty consistent. I hope someday that you get as much enjoyment out of PM as I have.

^^^

Blackcat - to add to Eggers in that I hope PM sorts out for you - I can't recall who suggested it, (BlueBear I think? or maybe DD?), to use Perfect Match for work and it really was exceptional for that environment for me. I don't notice much in the way selfies but the hits are obvious from others and it lends to a great, smooth work environment...at least for me. Maybe it could be an option for you too?

Eggers, have you had success with PM in your line of work?

I'm with Blackcat though - in that if there's a V3 I'll know better and snatch it up too :lol:

I did not bother getting a sample of this new version because I remembered the first one did not work on me. That was so long ago though and my tastes have changed so much that there is a chance I made a mistake! I think it was the musk that didn't sit right in the version 1 but I do love everything else in this. Perfect Match does not do much for me either...unless I add a spritz of Lace!

@ NuTrix, yes, I have worn it to work, and it does make for a lovely work environment. Everyone seems so at ease... I don't wear it to work anymore though, because while it made everyone really chill, it seemed to make them so chill that they didn't tip very well! LOL! And I have loads and loads of other pheros that do cause a bit of a spike in my gratuities, so I tend to go with them, and save the PM for snuggly time with BF. Movie nights are GREAT with PM. ;)

Eggers and Nutrix -- thanks for the encouragement about PM! It occurred to me after reading what both of you had to say that maybe I didn't give it enough of a trial in other settings--I bought a FB a few years back and was mostly wearing with one specific person. I might have been expecting the phero to overcome too many other issues! I like the idea of trying it in work settings. I need more patience in general with testing things, I think.

And if it comes around in Allumette again, whoa baby! Will be trying more for sure! :-)

Was interviewing yesterday and wore this with an extra bit of the unscented PM. I've noticed PM sooths the atmosphere for the interviewees and have worn it on several occasions when interviewing, so far it has behaved consistently - and, of course as always, I smelled wonderful with Allumette :lol: This is such a soft, barely there scent on me and I just LOVE it. I have attempted to resist slathering as I want it to last but it's REALLY hard not to! :D

I neeeed more of this!

We all do. Hope Mara can mercifully whip up a second batch.

I wore this last night and had the best time. The PM really put me in a good mood and appeared to affect others around me positively as well.

I did add 2 small spritzes of Topper. The resulting effect on me was very nice. I was upbeat, social and cozy.

The scent was so delish.. A mysterious/ romantic scent. I love what it does as it heats up on my skin and it leaves my hair with the faint smell of a vanilla match. That's a good thing. :)

Wore this last night and I take back every uncomplimentary thing I ever said about Perfect Match. I spent the evening with a couple friend and got waited on all night hand and foot; second helpings offered and brought, my water glass refilled before it could empty. At the end of the evening as I was trying to be a good guest and scoot out the door, the wife sat with me and asked all sorts of interested/supportive questions about different aspects of my life, and then the husband half of the pair suggested we have one of our semi-annual lunches this week. The vibe all evening was happy contented loving friendship.

Plus, it was fricking freezing here and I swear the scent helped keep me warm! The smoke note is this is just perfect, what I was hoping for in Apparition but don't quite get.

Wore this last night and I take back every uncomplimentary thing I ever said about Perfect Match. I spent the evening with a couple friend and got waited on all night hand and foot; second helpings offered and brought, my water glass refilled before it could empty. At the end of the evening as I was trying to be a good guest and scoot out the door, the wife sat with me and asked all sorts of interested/supportive questions about different aspects of my life, and then the husband half of the pair suggested we have one of our semi-annual lunches this week. The vibe all evening was happy contented loving friendship.

Plus, it was fricking freezing here and I swear the scent helped keep me warm! The smoke note is this is just perfect, what I was hoping for in Apparition but don't quite get.

The smoke note here is perfect on me too. I like Apparition but that note never quite blooms on me with that one.

Better be careful Black Cat the name is Perfect Match not Perfect Threesome ;)

Oh yeah it was freezing here too.

Edited by StacyK

The smoke note here is perfect on me too. I like Apparition but that note never quite blooms on me with that one.

Better be careful Black Cat the name is Perfect Match not Perfect Threesome ;)

Oh yeah it was freezing here too.

Well, I figured since this phero's emphasis was on bonding and relationship, I'd be safe.... but hmm, now you've got me thinking! :Emoticons04235:

Oh, you naughty ladies of LP, what would I do without you?!

Reading back up thread, I realize it hadn't even occurred to me that a rebrew *might* be possible.... I'll go apply some Whisker Wishes in that direction!

I'm glad I gave this one another shot. I only have a sample so I will use it sparingly but I am really loving the soft smokiness if this. I love that it has a sense of sweet that is wrapped with musky smokiness that wears close to the skin. It is long lasting on me.

My only wish was that it had LFM instead of PM. I love PM and I wear it fairly often. For me this scent feels like it would be more congruent with the LFM vibe. I would definitely get a FB of it though and I'll cross my fingers for a rebrew.