Pheromones for older women?

I ordered!!! I am so excited!!!! ( I apologize to anyone hefting my box around. Remember to lift with your legs. LOL)

There is so much to try and I plan on more in January. December is going to be fun fun fun!!!

This order: Garland and Lace, La Sylphide, Cougar Potion, River Song, Rocket Fuel, Pizzaz, TMI, Original Love Potion, Love Potion Red, Black and Gold, Ambre Amour, Flying Potion 2013, X Appeal with Sexology, Phero Charged Money Potion, and samples of the following unscented blends: Sheer Essence, Bang, Lace, SS4W, Perfect Match, Gotcha, LFM and Cougar.

I will play with these for a while and then in January will add Occo, LAM and BAM to the mix. I just want to see if the sheer essence works well if I want to wear cops. I will be adding more phero free scents in January as well.

oh my gosh - you got so much good stuff!! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait til you get your goodies! :)

ETA: the quote. Again.

Edited by Molls

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I figured the unscented samples is a November sale so I needed to get plenty of those even if I do not get through them all until summer. The scents will be fun to try out and I tried to get them with a variety of pheromones so I can see how they go. I also looked most to the "social" and "social-sexy" end of things since I am not currently dating and I don't want to attract the wrong kind of guys. Just need to catch an eye or two through the holiday season and just enjoy time out and about.

While I have time to wait on my box, I will ask another question. There seem to be a lot of fragrances that can be quite strong when first applied then warm up and settle down after a bit of time. Which ones seem to be ready to wear right out of the bottle? Even if they too change over time, I am wondering which ones could be spritzed in a car on the way to somewhere and not have to be applied hours earlier. I do not mind the longer wait time when I have planned to go somewhere but for those times when something just comes up and you want to add a little something right now, what do you ladies reach for?

I feel that most of my floral scents such as Musky White Orchid, my Almond Musk, Frog, LP Sliver, etc are good for apply and go. The fruity ones are much stronger (perhaps because they are sweeter) and thus need at least 10 mins to calm down.

The permanent range needs only a swipe and need at least 10 mins. Otherwise, they are too strong to be standing or sitting close to most people here.

I actually enjoy the morphing of the scents.. it's all part of the experience for me, but then I've been wearing artisan perfumes for a few years now. The only ones I wait for drydown are the ones with cops. Otherwise I'm fine with swiping and going with anything...

I actually enjoy the morphing of the scents.. it's all part of the experience for me, but then I've been wearing artisan perfumes for a few years now. The only ones I wait for drydown are the ones with cops. Otherwise I'm fine with swiping and going with anything...

:yeahthat:

I agree with my lovely friend Molls, the morphing is part of the fun. Cops definitely need drydown time, or they can smell skanky. But, if you are just worried about the "loudness" factor of the scent, and not actual morphing, LP Original is pretty mild in general, and isn't very loud when first applied.

Thank you for the input. Just needed to know if there was something I could have in my purse in case I found myself in a DHGL( Damn He's Good Looking) situation and need to spray or roll on something without knocking everyone around me over. LOL I ordered a FB of the Original because it seemed like the wise thing to do and I am happy I did. The more I read the the better that one gets. I have both refillable little 3ml atomizers and a few tiny roll on bottles ( both 1.2ml and 4ml) to carry with me when needed. I will be decanting some of the original LP to carry along for quick draw situations.

I am sure I will be enjoying the morphing of the scents too. Just didn't want to apply something that needed time to settle down when I only had a few moments before I was in sniffing distance. Generally I will be wearing socials and be putting on fragrance before leaving the apartment but wanted to know for those unexpected moments what could be utilized quickly. So thank you again for your input.

Which ones seem to be ready to wear right out of the bottle?

This is totally a subjective experience, IMO. I guess, in that kind of situation, I might possibly want to carry around one of the Fragranced Hydrating Waters to spritz in my hair or something. But I don't do that sort of thing so that's only a hypothetical.

:yeahthat: I'm lazy, too. I enjoy the process of the perfume's changing over the course of the day, but if I don't like it when it's first on me, I usually don't bother with it. (Especially if the wet stage gives me a headache... Unless I REALLY love the dry-down, in which case I might pop an Advil. :lol: ). There are just too many that I love from the wet stage to long dry-down, it's not necessary for me to wear something I don't care for during one of those stages.

Thank you to everyone who answered my questions. You helped me so much in getting my order figured out. Now I will sit and wait patiently....but I will keep reading around here. The more I look, the more information there is to be learned on this forum. January will be here soon enough and with it will come the chance to get more scents. I hope to be well on my way to figuring out what works well with my skin by then...if I "amp" anything or not...what kind of doses of pheros will work for me. While I think as I get more experience I may not need to document everything, I know to start I will be keeping track.

• 2 weeks later...

Ooooooooo!!! I got my box. Everything needs to warm up a bit since it is cold outside ( headed for double digit below readings this weekend). I was worried it would be delayed due to the snow storm we just got but it arrived on time!!!. So many goodies and Thanks Mara for the freebies. I sniffed a few and as of right now I think I need a tanker truck of Cougar Potion. Love that one. River Song, La Sylphide and Love Potion Original are also hits. I need to work tonight so they will all get a chance to sit.I also sniffed a small sample of Call of the Moon....is there anything similar to that smell currently available? that one was nice.

After everything has a chance to warm up and settle from the travel shock, I will dive in and add to the reviews....I can't quit huffing Cougar though.

Thank you to everyone and Thank you so much to Mara.

Well I added another order so they were both sent together and that delayed the first one a little. That was fine since my first order was a biggie. I liked only having to track one box and getting it all at once.....Whoo Hooo!

Now I have so much to try through December....guess my Christmas bonus is going to go to a January order. LOL

:yeahthat:

I agree with my lovely friend Molls, the morphing is part of the fun. Cops definitely need drydown time, or they can smell skanky. But, if you are just worried about the "loudness" factor of the scent, and not actual morphing, LP Original is pretty mild in general, and isn't very loud when first applied.

This is so true, the morphing of the scent is what keeps me wearing artisan perfumes.. I love LP's and I love the ease of application

I am so glad I found Love Potions. I used to wear scents off and on but always found them overly perfumy. Store bought musk would do something funky on my skin and smell musty more than musky. Even the white musks....enter TMI....love it and it is staying a true beautiful musk. I never would have thought I'd wear a grapefruit scent but love Cougar. I now wonder since I am sensitive to some additives in lotions and shampoos....if additives in fragrances were just not getting along with my chemistry. They tend to change and smell of cheap perfume and very one note. These artisan scents are truly beautiful and can morph a bit, but they just don't smell shallow....they have a deep scent that just draws you in further and further and you are enticed into the journey it takes you on. I doubt I will ever buy another "perfume" again.

ETA: It was the idea of scents blended with pheros that brought me here but the scents are what hooked me.My advice to anyone reading this that is just starting the journey into these scents and blends, like me, is to read all you can. These boards are overflowing with tips, ideas and reviews. The permanent collection is permanent for a reason. Great scents to be had there and like others have told me....do not be afraid to push your comfort level a bit. There are so many surprises waiting in the list of scents.

Edited by irish eyes

Irish Eyes, I couldn't have said it better. I too came for the pheros and have ended up a scent junkie here. I started with my first bottle in April of this year - LP Red - and I think the amount of times I've worn standard perfumes could be counted on one hand. So glad you are getting to enjoy how each of these become something all your own when you wear them. :)