Tips For Enhancing Oil Diffusion in Cold Weather?

I agree with you Donise on how frustrating this is when trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work for us. And I think you summed up my experience as well. I think the phero/scent is there, but it just not getting out there like it does in the summer, it feels like to me.

My skin is not eating the fragranced pheros because I can get whiffs of it when I am wearing them in the colder weather, but it just seems like people have to be in my skin in order for the mone cloud to hit them. For example I will ask my mom or someone else to smell me when its cold and they have to get under a foot close to me to get a whiff. That makes me feel like it is not getting out there the same as in the summer.

I heed your warning but I'm new to this and so while I started with a less-is-more approach and a fear of ODing I'm not seeing any definitive hits. I'm not sure of whether it's me needing to increase and find my sweet spot or whether it's more of a diffusion issue with the weather and season.

I'm not exactly impatient about the hits themselves. It's more that I don't want to go through my of my order never getting an accurate sense of how much to apply or how the phero blends work on me (and so what I might want to get in the future) because I didn't give my trials a fair run by being too sparing in application. If yours are working fine in the cold then maybe it's not the weather and thus what I need is a better sense of how much to wear and how close people have to be to be effected... which is all newbie stuff I'm still trying to figure out.

I'm really thinking strongly about an alcohol base because I don't want more scent or pheros so much as I want them to just get out there more, which I understand is the difference between changing the base and just wearing more oil.

Is that making a difference in diffusion or in staying power, or both?

Maybe the solution is secret aerobics every time I step out to make tea or use the toilet.

This is interesting. I haven't done the moisturizing thing lately except when I wore LFM recently and I had to do some tap dancing to get it out there. But the scents aren't fading on me. I can smell them - I just want others to smell them more easily too! :)

Interesting distinction! I think it makes some difference with diffusion of the scent. I can't speak so much to the phero aspect; I'm pretty inexperienced with them in general and also, I have been on break from my main job and not going out in the world that much the last few weeks, so not much opportunity to look for hits!

It's more the staying power with which I was really noticing a significant improvement. I was finding myself putting on scents that were simply gone within a few minutes, and with the serious moisturizing job, things are lasting for hours again.

I had settled on oils, but I may switch to sprays ...in this case.

My sprays last quite awhile. I get the 60/40 and that oil really makes them last. If you want diffusion there is no beating a spray. I will also spray my hat or scarf in cold weather as long as there are no cops.

I've got some great hits by spritzing 2 sprays in my clothes and just 2swipes of oil.

Using socials.

Edited by StacyK

I agree with you Donise on how frustrating this is when trying to figure out what works and what doesn't work for us. And I think you summed up my experience as well. I think the phero/scent is there, but it just not getting out there like it does in the summer, it feels like to me.

My skin is not eating the fragranced pheros because I can get whiffs of it when I am wearing them in the colder weather, but it just seems like people have to be in my skin in order for the mone cloud to hit them. For example I will ask my mom or someone else to smell me when its cold and they have to get under a foot close to me to get a whiff. That makes me feel like it is not getting out there the same as in the summer.

This is interesting. I haven't done the moisturizing thing lately except when I wore LFM recently and I had to do some tap dancing to get it out there. But the scents aren't fading on me. I can smell them - I just want others to smell them more easily too! :)

Exactly this. I can certainly smell everything but short of slithering up against people or shoving their face into my chest/neck/wrists I don't think it's really getting to them! So, I can't really judge what is just diffusion and what is just not a blend that suits me/them/the situation.

I had settled on oils, but I may switch to sprays ...in this case.

I am hemming and hawing about whether to get Cougar Potion in spray or to get a roll-on and split it turning half into spray myself so I can do a base coat of oil and top it off with a spritz of Cougar. If I get small spray bottles and perfumer's alcohol then I can draw off a bit of the socials in oil (base coat) and have some in spray for when the British weather isn't being cooperative. But I might just decide to let a professional do the work and get a pre-made spray! ^_^

I've got some great hits by spritzing 2 sprays in my clothes and just 2swipes of oil.

Using socials.

This is why I'm thinking of getting it in oil and then using some to make a spray myself. I'm not sure I can afford to buy every social I'd like in both forms but I do see a lot of sense in having a slow-burn oil with a quicker, far-reaching spray on top.

Edited by donsie

Hi Donise,

I am having the same dilemma. :) I have tested a few and have a few in mind to buy, but I want to make the right decision on whether to get an oil versus a spray. In the summer the oils hit pretty hard, but in the winter it stays really close to my skin. And I am on a budget so I don't think I will end up getting both versions of a product.

Exactly this. I can certainly smell everything but short of slithering up against people or shoving their face into my chest/neck/wrists I don't think it's really getting to them! So, I can't really judge what is just diffusion and what is just not a blends that suits me/them/the situation.

I am hemming and hawing about whether to get Cougar Potion in spray or to get a roll-on and split it turning half into spray myself so I can do a base coat of oil and top it off with a spritz of Cougar. If I get small spray bottles and perfumer's alcohol then I can draw off a bit of the socials in oil (base coat) and have some in spray for when the British weather isn't being cooperative. But I might just decide to let a professional do the work and get a pre-made spray! ^_^

This is why I'm thinking of getting it in oil and then using some to make a spray myself. I'm not sure I can afford to buy every social I'd like in both forms but I do see a lot of sense in having a slow-burn oil with a quicker, far-reaching spray on top.

My philosophy is I have to really like the phero. I always start out with any phero (even the socials) in oil. You can get plenty of hits with oil alone but I do love having both. You actually use a lot less over all if you have both.

My philosophy is I have to really like the phero. I always start out with any phero (even the socials) in oil. You can get plenty of hits with oil alone but I do love having both. You actually use a lot less over all if you have both.

That's my problem. I can't tell what I think of the phero because I seem not to be getting much out of any of them, which leads me to believe it's diffusion that's the core issue. Luckily I adore the scent of Cougar, so I don't mind the idea of being in a little spray cloud of it even if the phero doesn't draw any hits.

Cougar is great in spray. It just takes time to figure out what works. Even in the cold you're indoors so you should get hits. But hits come it all sizes and most often when you're not looking.

Often you might notice after the fact. I started with LP in the late fall of '12 and I live in NY, it is cold in the winter. I takes some trial and error. To lessen the error part I read the review posts of the the specific pheros, if someone didn't state how much they used I'd ask in that thread. I found it easier to focus down on specific pheros as dosages for each blend can vary.

I only really noticed any success with TH this past fall. If you are focusing on a specific blend the thread for it is the best help. There are many factors like which blend specifically and what are you looking for from that blend. It takes a little time.

As far as varying for the cold, Maras tips up thread work well.

Edited by StacyK

Now. I know I advocate a good slather...although that's mainly with perfumes - and because I love to be enveloped in the scents that I adore. I don't concern myself with OD on the "pheromas" because I just haven't had it happen with any of them yet. Of course you can always boost a blend in a perfume by layering with the Un version of the same thing, which I've also done. I don't slather the un pheros like I do the pheromas or perfumes though, and I am constantly getting great hits.

Is the question:

How do you diffuse while walking about outside, in passing...like on the train, bus, at the store...while you're all bundled up?

I've not had trouble with diffusion in the winter (I'm in PA - snowed in right now as a matter of fact!). Indoors my scents and pheros work great and I've gotten hits barely in the door at work and on the sidewalk out side while I'm still bundled up - we're talking gloves, hat, scarves...leather coat to keep the heat in and wind out. I'm mean - winter garb not conducive to diffusion, seriously, at least you would think so.

I figure if I can smell the perfume on me before I leave the house, or wafting up from beneath my scarf while I'm driving or in a store, then the pheros are certainly making their way out too. I don't have to be more than a few feet from someone to have them hit...the exception being if you're outside and it's terribly windy...but grocery stores, home depot, train, just stepping into the office building...you name it...hits galore. It may not get 10 feet out while I'm fully bundled, but a few moments in my 3 foot radius and BAM! And if it's and office space and I stay put long enough it stretches beyond that.

Back of neck, collarbone, torso and backs of hands seem to be golden for me. I'm also one of the girls who put on my clothes before everything completely dries down and I can smell it on my blouse and bra at the end of the day when they go to laundry - Mmmmm, huffable.....so maybe that's a good trick too?

Cougar is great in spray. It just takes time to figure out what works. Even in the cold you're indoors so you should get hits. But hits come it all sizes and most often when you're not looking.

Often you might notice after the fact. I started with LP in the late fall of '12 and I live in NY, it is cold in the winter. I takes some trial and error. To lessen the error part I read the review posts of the the specific pheros, if someone didn't state how much they used I'd ask in that thread. I found it easier to focus down on specific pheros as dosages for each blend can vary.

I only really noticed any success with TH this past fall. If you are focusing on a specific blend the thread for it is the best help. There are many factors like which blend specifically and what are you looking for from that blend. It takes a little time.

As far as varying for the cold, Maras tips up thread work well.

Thanks for all this. Plenty to ponder!

Now. I know I advocate a good slather...although that's mainly with perfumes - and because I love to be enveloped in the scents that I adore. I don't concern myself with OD on the "pheromas" because I just haven't had it happen with any of them yet. Of course you can always boost a blend in a perfume by layering with the Un version of the same thing, which I've also done. I don't slather the un pheros like I do the pheromas or perfumes though, and I am constantly getting great hits.

Is the question:

How do you diffuse while walking about outside, in passing...like on the train, bus, at the store...while you're all bundled up?

I've not had trouble with diffusion in the winter (I'm in PA - snowed in right now as a matter of fact!). Indoors my scents and pheros work great and I've gotten hits barely in the door at work and on the sidewalk out side while I'm still bundled up - we're talking gloves, hat, scarves...leather coat to keep the heat in and wind out. I'm mean - winter garb not conducive to diffusion, seriously, at least you would think so.

I figure if I can smell the perfume on me before I leave the house, or wafting up from beneath my scarf while I'm driving or in a store, then the pheros are certainly making their way out too. I don't have to be more than a few feet from someone to have them hit...the exception being if you're outside and it's terribly windy...but grocery stores, home depot, train, just stepping into the office building...you name it...hits galore. It may not get 10 feet out while I'm fully bundled, but a few moments in my 3 foot radius and BAM! And if it's and office space and I stay put long enough it stretches beyond that.

Back of neck, collarbone, torso and backs of hands seem to be golden for me. I'm also one of the girls who put on my clothes before everything completely dries down and I can smell it on my blouse and bra at the end of the day when they go to laundry - Mmmmm, huffable.....so maybe that's a good trick too?

Nah, indoors but in a cold room in a stone building and fairly distant from the target(s), though for a good two hours or so at a stretch. Please don't ask me to say how much distance -- my judgement thereof is terrible and living with the metric system means I've simply forgotten US/Imperial but also haven't learned metric... but I'd guess maybe 6-12 feet if I had to. If all you more experienced folks think it sounds like it should be diffusing thus then I'll just persist. I certainly trust your superior experience!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all this. Plenty to ponder!

Nah, indoors but in a cold room in a stone building and fairly distant from the target(s), though for a good two hours or so at a stretch.

Are the ceilings high? If it's an open office cube type or warehouse high ceiling type of environment then it may just be too much space for the pheromones to act effectively on someone who is not in your 3 foot radius for a prolonged period of time :(

I actually think that my radius is under 3 feet! :) I don't know what it is..maybe my anemia?

But my mother just diffuses and diffuses...and diffuses... :smiley-laughing024:

Are the ceilings high? If it's an open office cube type or warehouse high ceiling type of environment then it may just be too much space for the pheromones to act effectively on someone who is not in your 3 foot radius for a prolonged period of time :(

Weeeell, it will be a while before you need to worry about hot flashes :lol: so maybe you need more perfume sprays in the interim....