Love Potion: White 2014

Beccah

AD-LPWhite-LovePotion5.jpg

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalization.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Lust inducing, attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
WHITE TEA ~ Lust, invigoration, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting.
WHITE JASMINE BLOSSOMS ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful attractant of both physical and spiritual love.
WHITE MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LIGHT PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, passion, lust, fertility.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read through all of the reviews for the previous LP Whites.....FB for sure on this one.

Just one? ;)

ETA: I went ahead & ordered (just one) bottle. I know there are a couple others that I want out of this collection & I will be ordering at least one more bottle, after I know if they work for me, but I have been waiting years to try this one. I couldn't wait anymore, lol.

Edited by Beccah

No, no ladies. I take it back, this one sounds terrible. Move it along, there's nothing to see here. *Evil grin as I feebly attempt to hoard the preciousssss for myself.

Edited by Beccah

As I rule I have always avoided panic buying.....never liked the "Black Friday" or the day after Christmas shopping frenzy. I actually refused to partake in that crazed stuff.....but here I will jump if needed and I think this one is "Pounce Worthy" LOL

For me too! I also reread the thread and discovered that I was supposed to be stalking the trade threads for it! :lol: I went full bottle unsniffed.

Me too. That was months ago, but I have a very short list if LPs that are long gone but I'd try un sniffed if ever the chance comes. This is one.

I just uncorked my preciousss bottle of ORIGINAL LP White and slathered it on with wild abandon in celebration of its anticipated replacement.

Ah, yes! T'was a good one, that LP White! Very soft, very understated, but doesn't take guff from anyone.

The Archive lists Love Potion White with the following:

WHITE VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalization.
WHITE AMBER ~ Fertility, love, luck, riches.
WHITE SUGAR ~ Lust inducing, attracts love, luck, sweetness, riches, lust inducing.
WHITE TEA ~ Lust, invigoration, refreshing, mentally and physically uplifting.
WHITE JASMINE BLOSSOMS ~ Self confidence, anxiety reduction, prosperity, powerful attractant of both physical and spiritual love.
LIGHT PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts, sensual, passion, lust, fertility.

The 2014 Lists Powdered Sugar instead of white and adds Apricot.

It will be nice to hear the comparisons when they come in but I'm not going to wait until then to order. The blend sounds too wonderful to pass up.

Oooh, THANK YOU, Irish Eyes! Addition of the apricot note should give the new version a bit of an edge. Perfect!!!!!

I imagine it's not going to be like the apricot in any of the other LP variants, though; concept-wise the scent is meant to be soft and sheer. Even when there are differences it's the character of the differences which are important.

have never tried the LP White, w/all the rave of original had to get a FB (and that's all I could get this time :Emoticons04284:

I can't find the review for original white - help! I entered Love Potion White into the search and 2014 came up in it...

I'm waiting on the sample and hope I don't wind up kicking myself if it sells out before I find out I need a bottle :Emoticons04239:

I searched "white" and there were quite a few results, but I found the original LP White thread that way.

I jumped at this one fb unsniffed - it's iffy, because I love Red and Black but I'm not crazy about Pink or Gold. But I figure, with it being so popular, I can always trade it if I don't like it:)

The original one squeegeed my forehead that I had to sham wow that MOFO off my skin ASAP. I love when Mara does rebrews because there is always a slight variation - I hope this one is more powdery and sheer. The amber and musk combo tend to nails on chalkboard my ass so sending lots of prayers to the Perfume Goddesses that this one wears sheer and girly like white summer dress.

The original one squeegeed my forehead that I had to sham wow that MOFO off my skin ASAP. I love when Mara does rebrews because there is always a slight variation - I hope this one is more powdery and sheer. The amber and musk combo tend to nails on chalkboard my ass so sending lots of prayers to the Perfume Goddesses that this one wears sheer and girly like white summer dress.

LOL!!! EXACTLY. That is why I am askeered of this one. But Oh how I love jasmine. And Oh how I love this beautiful label. I am so in love with all the new Love Potion labels I almost got it just for that. But the piercing headache! Grrr.....

I can't find the review for original white - help! I entered Love Potion White into the search and 2014 came up in it...

I'm waiting on the sample and hope I don't wind up kicking myself if it sells out before I find out I need a bottle :Emoticons04239:

when I'm looking for a perfume name, I always type in one word, and then choose "look in titles only", it brings up fewer threads to sort through

I was able to find, LP White vs Karmiel's Silken Moonlight...it isn't the first time I had to go through page by page to find it :lol: Apparently if I don't type it in just right my computer refuses to work with LP to find it...Love Potion: White - I needed that colon to be in there to be accurate for MY find to find it :P That's ok, while I was trolling I sow some scents that I haven't broken out in a while that need some love hahaha!

Um, OK. Officially kicking myself for not going FB now.... :rolleyes:

I have Firefox for a browser.

Since I got the new laptop I've been using internet explorer but I did have firefox on my last one. I'm sure it's me...I should get "Murphy's Law" tattooed on my forehead... :blushing:

LP White sounds like it's intended to wear light/sheer. Very excited to get the sampler now!!!

This sounds amazing. I hope the apricot is not too strong.

The descriptions mentions "fresh newly ripe apricot" So it sounds like it will be a light version of apricot. Not a thick sweet one. But to be honest I only get a hint of it in any of the LPs that have it. Always seems nicely balanced. I can't wait to get my bottles...I am sure they were deluged with orders when the NRs went up so I will wait patiently because I know it takes time.........but I am going to anxiously await the shipped e-mail and an "out for delivery".

And I'm hoping there IS a not-too-light apricot note, because that's my favorite part of the LPs!!!

(I should probably just break down and ask Mara for a bottle or three of Sugared Apricot!)

Edited by Just Ducky

Put this on today. Oh my...

This is sheer'ish with depth. The jasmine is soft on my skin. It leaves a whisper of pale floral mingling with the soft musk.

I get the light handed sweet addition of the apricot. I also get a whiff of what smells 'almost' like cocoa butter, perhaps a combo of the vanilla and white amber?

A little foody a bit floral. This is sexy, elegant. & sophisticated. A beautiful date-night scent but soft and multifaceted enough to wear anytime you feel the need to smell like a goddess.

I see this aging well.

LP White is a multifaceted love goddess potion.

I'd definitely wear this with Gotcha, Cougar, H&S, Pop Potion, SS4W and CB. It feels congruent to all those blends.

Edited by StacyK

Oooooh, StacyK, that sounds gorgeous!

I am trying to hold off from placing an order before early next month at least (pretty much broke, plus I'd like to read some reviews first) but that has the disadvantage of adding more and more scents to my wish list....

I was worried about the white tea and the white jasmin (tea can go shrill on me, jasmin tends to get overpowering and reminiscent of cat's urine on my skin) but now I am tempted by this one all over again!

Having said that, I love LP Pink, Original and Red and I am fast learning to love Black as well - so that would make the chances of me liking White pretty good, I guess?

People have received this?! JEALOUS!

I KNOW RIGHT?!

Great review StacyK...now more impatient than ever here LOL Soon...soon....

And I'm hoping there IS a not-too-light apricot note, because that's my favorite part of the LPs!!!

(I should probably just break down and ask Mara for a bottle or three of Sugared Apricot!)

Oh yes- ask her for one with sugared apricots, cherries and bakers vanilla!