Love Potion: White 2014

Beccah

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was me

. Had no idea you were there. I already paid too. There are a bunch of trial vials still available tho. I've been wanting this one. If I don't love it I would be happy to do a trade.

That was me

. Had no idea you were there. I already paid too. There are a bunch of trial vials still available tho. I've been wanting this one. If I don't love it I would be happy to do a trade.

Lol it's okay I was being greedy and wanted to boost it with something - I already have a bottle.. was just imagining how delicious this would be boosted with LFM

I got one of the two bottles yesterday...I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it...and then thought about it and was going to get the other one....there was still one left a little after 11am...I emailed Mara because I wanted to see if X Appeal was still available too so she could invoice me...and when I checked again after sending it...it was gone! lol I am happy that you were able to get one Olderbutwiser...I felt a little guilty about taking both of them because I know so many of us love it and it has been sold out. I can't wait to try it!! I am no longer going to wait...I feel bad about making a 30.00 purchase, but I have already lost several things by waiting until I'm able to place a bigger order.

Everyone else knows so much about layering fragrances and what pheros to use...I hope the day will come when I actually feel knowledgeable about all of this..lol

You did good, Birkey! And you will learn as ya go. I knew nothing about pheros a couple of months ago and I'm just starting to get the hang of it.....Can't wait to see what the LP White is like.....'Looking forward to reading your review on it....

Did you check out some of the pages overs at The Reading Room? The Pheromone List and WikiList? I'd be totally lost if not for that info, lol....I feel like I'm trying to cram stuff into my head for a chemistry class, he he.

You did good, Birkey! And you will learn as ya go. I knew nothing about pheros a couple of months ago and I'm just starting to get the hang of it.....Can't wait to see what the LP White is like.....'Looking forward to reading your review on it....

Did you check out some of the pages overs at The Reading Room? The Pheromone List and WikiList? I'd be totally lost if not for that info, lol....I feel like I'm trying to cram stuff into my head for a chemistry class, he he.

I have been on this site so much I have it almost memorized!! lol If I had put this much effort into my studies I would have graduated from college with a 4.0! ;) My apartment needs cleaning, the laundry needs washing..meanwhile I am on this computer reading about pheromones and checking lists to see if anything has disappeared or been added. I have commercial perfumes out the ying yang and still I can't get enough of Mara's...I keep smelling my arms when I have one on..they are like addictive. What I love most is the fact that they don't contain all of those chemicals. I'm so wanting to live more naturally and get away from all of that stuff. I can't wait either to see what LP White is like..the notes sound fabulous! I really need to try some more of my samples so I can write reviews..I am stuck on Gypsum White and wear it constantly (I am a creature of habit). That will be my goal this week..to try at least 3 new and write a review of them...:)

This scent is beautifully indescribable at the moment except to say it's the first scent I've fallen in lovewith out of the vial ... and then discovered it was sold out. I'll be doing my first ISO for this lovely!

• 4 weeks later...

I just made another brew of this.

I want to make LP White a permanent offering, but there's one ingredient that after it is gone, I cannot get any more. I thought I had used it all up in the original brew, but just found it in my drawer when I was looking for a replacement! (It's the White Tea note, for the curious.) I was able to make another large edition, and after that, I've got enough to make another small brew - and then that's it. So this current rebrew is pretty darn identical to the last.

When eventually I have to replace that one ingredient, I will let everyone know. But for now, the cart has been restocked. Hooray! :D

I just made another brew of this.

I want to make LP White a permanent offering, but there's one ingredient that after it is gone, I cannot get any more. I thought I had used it all up in the original brew, but just found it in my drawer when I was looking for a replacement! (It's the White Tea note, for the curious.) I was able to make another large edition, and after that, I've got enough to make another small brew - and then that's it. So this current rebrew is pretty darn identical to the last.

When eventually I have to replace that one ingredient, I will let everyone know. But for now, the cart has been restocked. Hooray! :D

Mara.....I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! :LuvU396::bday1029: Thank you soooooooo much....you are fantabulous!!!!!!! :you-rock: Hooray for LP White!!!! :BananaRow:

I'm soo happy for you Birkey as I know how much you love it and wanted enough to take to India with you. So glad you can get more in addition to the bottle I sent you. Wonderful news! :Love09751:

ETA: Great pic of Jatin, BTW!!

Edited by Olderbutwiser

http://www.lovepotionperfume.com/perfumerie/potion/LPWhite2014/

Love Potion®: White

"It wouldn’t be the month of love without Love Potion! One of our most popular variants, this Limited Edition blending of amber, musk and patchouli features lighter versions of those ingredients along with ethereal notes of sheer vanilla, white tea, white jasmine, and fresh newly-ripe apricot, topped with a sprinkle of powdered sugar. This version gives off an aura of sleek elegance and sophistication in addition to our spell of “Love, Lust, Passion and Desire.” Self-confident, but eminently touchable too. Positively cuddly, in fact!"

Oh happy day y’all !!! THANK YOU FOR THE REBREW PM. For all the LP White lovers out there, “Get You Some” divas! Else Birkey will be glad to snap up all the bottles, lol. Echoing OBW’s sentiments Birkey, glad LP White resurfaced for ya’. I have a bottle I got from the Trade Post and have tested it once. It wore really sheer on me that time. I’m looking forward to trying a few more test runs. LP White has a permanent spot in my arsenal come what may. I love the label and milady is in good company! She gets to rub shoulders with all her beautiful cousins visiting this month from across the globe, the June NRs :^^:

CUR.. it is a light sheer'ish scent. It has components that make it part if the LP line but it's a variant all tbe same. Some variants vary more than others.

I'm glad Mara could do this. I really want a spray, preferablely boosted with... LFM or maybe Leather or Dom. dream on... I'm going to wait for now. I'm not buying anything more until I get my monthly sampler tho. Some of those look TDF!

CUR.. it is a light sheer'ish scent. It has components that make it part if the LP line but it's a variant all tbe same. Some variants vary more than others.

I'm glad Mara could do this. I really want a spray, preferablely boosted with... LFM or maybe Leather or Dom. dream on... I'm going to wait for now. I'm not buying anything more until I get my monthly sampler tho. Some of those look TDF!

Ha, I'm just the opposite -- I have 2 LP White sprays, one boosted with Empathy, one unboosted, but I've been wishing I had it in oil as well (yes, I am a completist!). I'll have to wait too -- I've ordered so much stuff that I just need to sit tight and let it all get here, including the sampler with all the LP NR delectability that's coming!

@ Stacy, thank you for the input :) . I don't know gurl, I'm sold on all Love Potion variants. No matter how it wears on my chemistry :thumbup: . Even those that don't agree with me for now, LP Black for instance are future FBs in my arsenal. I love the fact that these non-phero'd potions illicit phero-like responses sans pheros. LP Pink for instance, on me, it's like wearing a mild version of one of the social-sexy blends. Can't go wrong there!!! Me likey LP variants :love:

Edited by ComingUpRoses

@ Stacy, thank you for the input :) . I don't know gurl, I'm sold on all Love Potion variants. No matter how it wears on my chemistry :thumbup: . Even those that don't agree with me for now, LP Black for instance are future FBs in my arsenal. I love the fact that these non-phero'd potions illicit phero-like responses sans pheros. LP Pink for instance, on me, it's like wearing a mild version of one of the social-sexy blends. Can't go wrong there!!! Me likey LP variants :love:

Have you tried LP Gold?

It's great for a summer scent. I Lurv it so much. Reminds me of when I was a PYT growing up in Cali. Sun, Beach, Fun and romantic nights.

WTF I'm moving back ;)

Edited by StacyK

• 6 months later...

I went to a bridal expo today, kinda dragged by a girl friend who is planning a banquet for she and her husband in September... even though I'm the one getting married in less than 5 months :) so, I thought LP White was very fitting, especially since I'm fairly hands off (my fiance is the wedding planner, Bridezilla is definitely not my style, despite me thinking I would be one.. too much stress, not worth it. He can take care of it. i'll just show up and look pretty).

This smells gorgeous on my skin. Even 8 hours after application I can still smell it. It's like sweet skin, I get mostly powdered white sugar over a faint white flower and white musk. The vanilla and fruit is definitely in there, but it is very well blended. Together I almost get a slightly creamy sweet skin scent, but not foody at all. When I first apply it I get more of the apricot.

I am so glad I got a full bottle of this one. To me, it is in the same category with A Taste of Luxury and Secret Sweetness, which I also love.

• 2 months later...

I received a trial of this today and have fallen in love with it. It reminds me a lot of Flutterby which is also a favourite of mine. It is sheer and elegant and makes me feel very ladylike. It is very aptly named because if white had a smell this would be it. Light and floral but not in an old lady, grandma way but in a beautiful maiden way all soft, light and whimsical. I am planning an order for tomorrow as it is payday and I think a FB of this is a definite.

• 3 weeks later...

I am so in love with this scent. :Emoticons04235: It fades after a few hours on me so I have took to carrying around the small trial bottle I have to top up as and when.

Does anybody know if this is or will be in the permanent collection? It's not on the permanent list but I'm sure I saw a thread saying that it was intended to be but, if I'm remembering correctly, it was dependent on whether Mara could source one of the notes.

• 1 month later...

EVERYONE HIE THEE TO YOUR NEAREST SOURCE OF THIS. It has aged incredibly. It is lush and pillowy in a way I don't recall it being when new. I swooned, eyes rolled back in head, etc.

EVERYONE HIE THEE TO YOUR NEAREST SOURCE OF THIS. It has aged incredibly. It is lush and pillowy in a way I don't recall it being when new. I swooned, eyes rolled back in head, etc.

OMG YES!!! It has aged sooo beautifully! This has been one of my go to staples since I became this way, with child! It's like landing in a pillow of beautiful!

• 2 months later...

I have two bottles and a sample from the first batch and has anyone noticed any significant differences from the first batch.

I tested LP White when it was first launched and I found it very sharp and stabby. The apricot never surfaced and what I was left was quite a stabby vanilla musk.

I decided to take my bottle out to test again. On application, the jasmine is extremely forward with the tea and musk as supporting roles. After an hour or two, the jasmine kind of mellowed down and ending up as a very womanly, clean and classy scent. Something which I'd love to wear to dinner one day.

I was really looking forward for the apricot to come out to play so as to sweeten the scent a little to make it more padded but she played hide and seek all through the last 4 hours. But I guess if she did make her presence felt, the scent would no longer project the planned image. Nevertheless, I was busy sniffing my arm throughout the last 4 hours, watching it very closely for changes. It was quite addictive, mind you.

It's probably a scent which I will enjoy using some years down the road. I do hope that the big white flower will kind of mellow down with more time.

• 3 months later...

Very white, sweet and powdery with a hint of light tea. This is my first take of it.

The more I smell, I can pick out the rich floral tea notes and powdery sugar, the faint smell of a sweet fruit that gives it a pinky leaning...it really surprised me after dry down! The vanilla pops out a bit later with what I think is the patch? It's a very full bodied scent on me that has soft, loud notes.

When I first sniffed this a while ago, I remember not liking how sharp and powdery it was, this really turned out nice~

• 1 month later...

I made my way into this thread because I'm so into my LP Ceremony, which has many of the same ingredients as this. I'd probably like this too. Am I going to have to get a trial of this? Ugggg...too many things to potentially try...

• 2 months later...

You know, when I first got this one, I found it pretty, but too sharp for me...maybe a scent locket possibility. I put it on my trade thread, and it didn't get re-homed, so I kept it. Finally got around to wearing it again in like the second half of last year and WOWZERS!!! It's NOT too pointy any more! This has become one of my favorite LPs. I thought I'd been here to gush, but apparently have been remiss. It's sort of ethereal. It's light. It sticks around forever. It's sexy as hell, in a ladylike, sophisticated way. I get along with patchoulis, and I love the ones Mara uses. This LP variant is just. SOOOOOOO. GOOD!!! I wear this day, night, business, recreation...any time! It just makes me feel like a Grownup Lady with a twinkle in her eye, if y'all know what I mean. :wub:

And now, 'cause I'll NEVER be a real grownup...the DANCING CATS!!! :DANCY2: :DANCY2: :DANCY2:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

This is really lovely; the similar feel of it and LP: Ceremony make it hard for me to decide which I prefer (not that I have to choose!). This would pair really nicely with LFM.

Edited by Witty Kitty

• 2 years later...

I am really loving this! It is the first in the "Love Potion" collection that agrees with my skin chemistry. Patchouli turns into something like cat pee on my skin, even though it smells magical and lovely in the bottle. This patchouli is light, and blends in with the other notes so well that I can't even smell it. I get a soft floral vibe in the beginning, which morphs into a sweet apricot vanilla musk in an hour or so. It's really light and close to the skin on me, so I have had my wrist stuck to my nose when I'm wearing it. I'm thinking about getting a bottle, maybe boosted with Lace or SS4W. 

• 1 year later...
On Tue Aug 25 2015 at 6:17 PM, JOC said:

I have two bottles and a sample from the first batch and has anyone noticed any significant differences from the first batch.

I tested LP White when it was first launched and I found it very sharp and stabby. The apricot never surfaced and what I was left was quite a stabby vanilla musk.

I decided to take my bottle out to test again. On application, the jasmine is extremely forward with the tea and musk as supporting roles. After an hour or two, the jasmine kind of mellowed down and ending up as a very womanly, clean and classy scent. Something which I'd love to wear to dinner one day.

I was really looking forward for the apricot to come out to play so as to sweeten the scent a little to make it more padded but she played hide and seek all through the last 4 hours. But I guess if she did make her presence felt, the scent would no longer project the planned image. Nevertheless, I was busy sniffing my arm throughout the last 4 hours, watching it very closely for changes. It was quite addictive, mind you.

It's probably a scent which I will enjoy using some years down the road. I do hope that the big white flower will kind of mellow down with more time.

Each year during the sale period, I would do a stock take of my LP stash. Although I have not ordered for a while now but the size of my stash has not reduced much as a number of my scents don't quite work in this weather. 

I've lost the bottle from the first brew of this batch about a year ago and never got down to opening up a new bottle. Just last night, I decided that I'd need to start using them to make space for my order. 

Patience has definitely paid off for the 5.5 years wait. It has truly melded and mellowed. I do not need to cover up the stabby element with a tiny dot of Sugared Apricots. Very glad that it has turned out this way. 

• 5 months later...

I don't see this on either site, so I guess it must be sold out! For some reason I thought it was permanent...probably because it was a LP: Color?

This is LP O's elegant older sister. The tea and jasmine come through pretty strong on me but it tones down the sweetness and adds a freshness and sophistication. It's very well blended - everything just melds together. After a few hours, the jasmine and tea fade a bit and the apricot shines.  Less overtly sexy than some of the other LPs, more coy, maybe? It seems like it would be congruent with LFM. 

• 8 months later...

This smells amazing! I was really hesitant on this one because I was scared of it being so florally but that's not the case!

I smell the amber and apricot which smells like the actual fruit as opposed to being jammy or sugary sweet. I smell the jasmine and white tea and they meld together beautifully. Nothing sharp about this. Very comforting.

• 5 months later...

Wearing this one in spray form today and the difference between the spray and oil is that the spray is a little bit sharper. You can smell the jasmine and tea more strongly with the apricot. With the oil it's sweeter and more rounded out.

The dry down matches the oil it's a sweet light musk. This is perfect for spring and summer when want a light clean scent.

It's very feminine and elegant.

• 1 year later...

@VikaThat’s so helpful to know because I am planning my next order and I wasn’t sure whether to get this in oil or spray. Oil it is😊 

I dismissed LP White initially because I thought my skin ate it up too fast. Glad I gave the trial vial another go because it is actually long lasting and it smells heavenly. Vanilla, apricot and jasmine work so well together, and I don’t smell foody, but rather pretty and very sniffable😃

I personally prefer this to LP Black (too edible). I think LP White is wearable out and about during daytime, slightly sexy and sophisticated, whereas I associate LP Red with being openly sexy and intoxicating for some up close and personal times.