Love Potion: White 2014

Beccah

When it first arrived it was a little bit more "green" but once had a day and it hit my skin OOOLALA!!! It's a keeper that is for sure..It bumped everything else on my want list so I could get more before it was gone.

Stuff breaks once in a while. Not the end of the world and I don't usually let it get to me. Getting upset would not change the situation plus it is easier to be taken advantaged of at a repair shop if you are freaking out and not paying attention to what is actually going on.

Am I the only one that thinks of the cost of things every day in "How many LP bottles would that be" :Emoticons04280:

Edited by irish eyes

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one that thinks of the cost of things every day in "How many LP bottles would that be" :Emoticons04280:

ABSOLUTELY! (not)

:Emoticons04263:

Me too! In LPs and purses. LOL!

Mine used to be shoes and scarves until LP came along :D Now it's pretty much - "Hmm. lets see, I'll wait for the NRs and then see if I still need x or y...." And if something unexpected comes up it's usually "Uh-oh, guess it's just a couple things and the sampler next month..." But then I'm never able to quite restrain myself when "next month" comes along hehe... :blushing: This month was awesome for foodie scent-a-holics and I nearly got half the line up FB right out of the gate. If LP White is still available, it'll be on next month's list...but that's beginning to look like slim pickins...

I hope you get a bottle by then if you want one. I saw there is 6 left. My next big purchase will have more La Sylphide if it is still available then. Between those two..I am in heaven. I really enjoy many of the scents and even love some but, to me, these two are perfect.

Interestingly enough, right now this does not smell like an LP variant to me; I get the powdery jasmine and the pointy white musk and that's about it; definitely more like Spider Silk and others of that trope.

At first, I thought this wasn't for me. All the sugared white musk scents like spider silk and egg smell the same to me. I thought this was indistinguishable from those but then I decided to wear only this with no other scents and it became totally different! It has a lot more going on. I get a subtle bright fruity scent which must be the apricot. There's something a little bit minty too and very subtle florals. It reminds me of a sheer lucky in love #7 without the green notes. It is so sheer yet complex. I love it.

Interestingly enough, right now this does not smell like an LP variant to me; I get the powdery jasmine and the pointy white musk and that's about it; definitely more like Spider Silk and others of that trope.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! This being my scent of the day, I think I thought that after I rolled it on, I'd get that "ah yes, LP variant" type moment. This one completely comes across on me as jasmine, florals. The apricot is in there, I know, but it's well blended in the background. It's very bright, floral, fresh and clean. I can't usually wear florals if it's the main focus, especially rose, but something in this (the white musk?) keeps it from going overload on me. If I didn't have the bottle in my hand, I wouldn't think it was a variant, maybe more like Sneaky Clean or other bright and fresh type scents. It's maybe not my favorite but I think this one makes a great work scent since it came across light and stayed close to the skin once it dried down completely. I think I'll be using it in the same ways that I use Sneaky Clean - as an alternative to all my favorites which tend to be deeper and richer.

Ahh.. see the heavy floral was what made me feel this would be a fail for me. If I am going to pull off florals then most of the time I need them to be well balanced with spices and/or resins. There are a couple of exceptions to this. Orange Blossom, Apple Blossom and sometimes certain types of spicy Carnation or Poppies. I adore so many florals OFF of me but once they hit my skin we are talking dreadful collision. :(

Storemy -- I visualize this as a lovely scent for an outdoor summer wedding. It makes me want to go wedding crashing just so I can get dressed up and smell pretty! :cheers04251:

You might still try this one Rose. I could not wear Betrothal - way too floral. Even this month's rose was a little too much rose... but that happens on me. This is very balanced and once it dries (at least on me), the floral became a supporting player, not the soloist. It's very light and floral but I wouldn't say it's overpowering. If nothing else, you should at least try a trial. :)

Storemy -- I visualize this as a lovely scent for an outdoor summer wedding. It makes me want to go wedding crashing just so I can get dressed up and smell pretty! :cheers04251:

You absolutely hit this on the head. That is a really perfect description for this!!! Aw, thanks JD... that was perfect!!

I jumped at this one fb and now the reviews are making me think that could have been a mistake...I'm not big on the florals. I'm actually holding off on setting up a trade page until my order comes in, in case I want to trade this one away. I just wish it would hurry up and get here so that I could try it for myself!

I love this one. It's floral, but not overly so. After reading the reviews here, I thought it might be a little too floral for me, but suprisingly, it's so soft it feels like it might disappear after a while. It's sheer. A veil. Maybe a spectre, even.

Very NICE !!!

Light and feminine

not having tried the 1st brew of this, I can't compare but I DO like this

I DEF get the Jasmine, White Tea and a slight hint of Apricot and Sugar

think I'll take this on vaca w/me :)

Very NICE !!!

Light and feminine

not having tried the 1st brew of this, I can't compare but I DO like this

I DEF get the Jasmine, White Tea and a slight hint of Apricot and Sugar

think I'll take this on vaca w/me :)

where are you going this time?? I want to go...

I've been saving this sample 'til last, lol. Hoping it will sell out before I find out I love it so I won't have to get a FB :D Is that sad?

I've been saving this sample 'til last, lol. Hoping it will sell out before I find out I love it so I won't have to get a FB :D Is that sad?

Not sad so much, as maybe futile? ..... :-)

I really wasn't drawn to this one when I read the description.... I thought, floral, nope, tea, nope, light and sheer, nope nope nope. And then once I put it on I just could not stop huffing my arm. It's not at all my usual type of thing but it's just haunting (and promptly expanded my sense, once again, of just what "my type of thing" can be!). The complexity others have alluded to is definitely there, making it a very subtle and sophisticated scent. At the same time, this one has a huge emotional resonance for me, somehow. There is something in there-- and I can't ascribe it to any single note -- that is just extremely evocative and nostalgic to me. It both brings up such strong memories of what it feels like to very young, while still staying very centered in my present day self (but a wiser, more centered/grounded self than I think I actually am).

So just to warn you, NuTrix, I was very confident I wouldn't need a bottle of this, and then I tried it, and it turned out I did!

:rolleyes: Oh Jeeze! Now. You see. THIS is exactly what I'm talking about :lol:

I'll be wearing it tomorrow....start the clock now I guess...:D

Wow! OK. So. This is amazing, just as I feared....This is wearing on me very soft and powdery light. It is so feminine and delicate...refined comes to mind. Just barely floral. I must like white amber & musk. I'm not reading the patchouli at all. This is just gorgeous...damnit. >.< :lol: This isn't heavy at all but it's SO pretty! I can see why Irish Eyes claimed it for a sig scent!lol

Edited by NuTrix

Well, I was kind of kicking myself for jumping at this fb unsniffed, but now that I have it, I'm so glad that I did! I wore this today, along with some Est and Topper. It does have a definite floral feel to it, but it's a very light floral. It's the rare kind of floral that I actually like:) I was happily surprised that I could definitely smell the LP base - after reading all the comments here about how sheer and light it was, I wasn't expecting much of the base because to me it's sort of thicker and foody. That and the apricot round out the florals so well that I love this one! Maybe I need to just work on building up my LP variant collection - I'm sad to say that I don't even have a bottle of LP Original! But Red was on my must-have list as soon as I smelled it:) So now I have Red, White, and Honeyed - not a bad start!

I really like this, but I am not sad I didn't go FB on it; a little goes a long way with this and I'll happily use up my sample, but I don't think I need more.

At first, this is very fresh and light and innocent; dewey white florals, very sheer and shimmering.

Not soapy, just nice and light.

Over time, the scent deepens a little and the musk comes out to play - but it's a very light, modest musk. Nothing animalistic about it, nothing skin-like, just a faintly warm smell.

There is something comfortable and reassuring about it.

There is a slightly stronger flower note: Jasmin? Gardenia? that moves to the forefront after about half an hour, but fortunately nothing overwhelming.

This feels like a very pretty, sophisticated, well-balanced scent.

It's a good floral for people who generally don't get along with florals, I think.

Quite a 'classical' perfume-like smelling scent; almost nostalgic (though not old-fashioned).

Edited by ssupytalp

Okay I need to review this again when my vial's recovered from travel shock, but I was too impatient and wanted to try it right away... OH MY GOD THIS IS GORGEOUS.

I understand what all the hype for LP White is now.

It's a light floral LP. It reminds me of LP Silver actually, without that "cold" factor in it.

Need to try again when my vial is rested but I love it right now.

I've been a little sad with this. It's starts out really soft and absolutely gorgeous and then HOURS later (somewhere between 4 and 6?) there's something that gets pointy, or that I'm amping, and I began to get that weird headache by my eye that isn't horrible, but IS distracting. I'll set it aside for a week and come back to it again and see if the same thing happens...

The more I wear it the more I know I need. LOL I am sure there will always be an LP I will "need" and it will probably change with the seasons but this one will be just as nice in warm weather as it is in cold. I feel bad for those who do not get the same results I do. This is just lovely on me.

I have been testing this and I am very happy to report that this is not rape eye for me. The florals behave so well, it's like they are floating on my skin, not really making contact or engaging at all so as not to blind me with flora rage. This is really beautiful. I wore it on Sunday after running at the park and it made me feel really beautiful and elegant like even thought I was wearing exercise clothes, I was still a lady. It was kind of a mood lifter/balancer for me maybe because I felt pretty and sophisticated. This is like when you wore high heels for the first time in your actual size. I remember my friend had these heels I died for. They were a soft peach color maybe about 3 inches or less. They were pumps I guess, the fabric was satin and they had rhinestones and tiny little pearls. They were so beautiful. She let me borrow them so I could wear them at home lol. She was a good friend. Anyhow that's what this feels exactly like to me. Those perfect dainty beautiful silky sophisticated apricot heels that made me so happy.

I have been testing this and I am very happy to report that this is not rape eye for me. The florals behave so well, it's like they are floating on my skin, not really making contact or engaging at all so as not to blind me with flora rage. This is really beautiful. I wore it on Sunday after running at the park and it made me feel really beautiful and elegant like even thought I was wearing exercise clothes, I was still a lady. It was kind of a mood lifter/balancer for me maybe because I felt pretty and sophisticated. This is like when you wore high heels for the first time in your actual size. I remember my friend had these heels I died for. They were a soft peach color maybe about 3 inches or less. They were pumps I guess, the fabric was satin and they had rhinestones and tiny little pearls. They were so beautiful. She let me borrow them so I could wear them at home lol. She was a good friend. Anyhow that's what this feels exactly like to me. Those perfect dainty beautiful silky sophisticated apricot heels that made me so happy.

Nice :D

• 2 weeks later...

Got my bottle out for the first time in a couple of weeks, and oh, this just gets better and better for me! I actually have two sprays of this -- one virgin, one boosted with Empathy Potion. That phero is perfectly congruent for me -- this is subtle, soft, and the scent is so calming and encouraging. At the same time, so beautiful and feminine that I get a very quietly strong confident centered sense of myself. With or without the phero, this one works very powerfully for me to create an atmosphere of safety and trust. With a little elegance of course!

For the record, I don't think of myself as a florals person at all -- when all the pre-release chatter about this was going on I thought, nope, not going to need it. But that is The Power of the Sampler.

I'd have to agree^^^Lace would be an excellent paring :)

I tried this last night and it is nice, but I'm not detecting the complexity that others have. I mostly get the white musk, and green, watery notes underneath that. I don't detect the LP base ingredients. I find that this often happens for me with white musk: it doesn't amp on me, but it does scatter and blur everthing else and thus takes over the scent.

This morning, there just a trace of it left, and now I think I'm getting the tea, after everthing else is gone.

I got a trial vial of this one. My skin typically does horrible things with florals but this just sounded so beautiful. I can see where if you are a floral type, particularly a *white* floral type, this is going to be absolutely exquisite on you and you should NOT hesitate. That being said, the second this one met my bizarre PH, it went horribly wrong on me. My skin immediately amped the florals which turned intensely sweet on me. I so wanted this one to work, I waited for about an hour or so and it only seemed to intensify and I got a headache and felt slightly queasy. :( I ended up having to wash it off and cover it with some resiny Decadent Diva. I always hope these lovely florals will work their magic on me, but it ends up with my skin turning them into something I can absolutely not wear. BUT.. truly, as I stated above, if you are a floral type and favor the white varieties, I highly recommend it.