Cherry Divinity

Beccah

AD-CherryDivinity.jpg

Cherry Divinity

As love may change, in fair weather or foul, so it is said that the confectionary known as Divinity is subject to changes of humidity in order to achieve the desired form of puffy perfection. We decided upon a newfangled spin on that old-fashioned combination of cherry and chocolate…this time we’ve blended a sweet candied cherry accord in folds of fluffy marshmallow and rich vanilla, covered in a creamy white chocolate shell with just a touch of thick sweet amber for grounding. Devotees of our Special Delivery fragrance will find this one perfumely divine!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

CHERRY ~ Stimulates and attracts love, attracts mate. Cheerfulness, good humor, mood elevator, divination.
WHITE CHOCOLATE ~ Lightens emotions, evokes feelings of love.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, yes it is PERFECT! Exactly what you all dreamed about!

The cherry is an intense initial tidal wave, then simmers down and lets the other players have their spot. Because it's a white chocolate, it doesn't veer off into Special Delivery territory. On my skin, the amber is fairly up front, which I like because it keeps the whole thing from toppling over into uber sweet. The dry down is very soft, and my nose keeps wandering to my arm unbidden.

This one is my favorite of the NRs. Part foodie, part amber, totally luscious.

This is more comparable to Ravenwings White Forest Cake than Special D. It's creamy and yummy white chocolate tinged with a very light cherry. It's very similar IMO. It's not super sweet, but still yummy smelling. This makes me feel all snuggly and cuddly. I think I'll love this for bedtime!

That makes a lot of sense - from the beginning I've worn ravenwings white forest cake almost exclusively for bedtime- there's something intensely bedtime-y about it - wonder why. Maybe because it's a throwback to childhood birthday cakes and so it's comforting, taking you back to such a relatively carefree time? This is the one I'm second most excited to try.

O.M.G. I don't even know where to begin. I'm wearing this right now and even straight out of the box, this is coming across that a smooth white chocolate covered cherry cordial. It's sweet but smooth. The cherry is very mellow and the white chocolate smells so delicious and creamy. We'll see how it feels when it dries down and of course need to account for any travel shock but so far, on me, this feels close to the skin and so warm and soft. Unexpected LOVE.

Reminds me a lot of Ravenwing's White Forest Cake. Not sure if they are different enough to buy a bottle of this. It is lovely though. It's wearing very light on me. White chocolate and cherry are about even. Soft nommy amber.

This is Ravenwing's White Forest Cake without the cake. The inital cherry blast is similar to the blast in OCCO Ambrosia on my skin, but it quickly dies down as the white chocolate becomes more prominent. That's actually the star in this. The marshmallow adds enough fluff to keep this scent from becoming too decadent. Later in the dry down, the cherry-amber-vanilla combo begins to smell just a titch like tobacco (drool!!!) This is not love at first sniff for me, but this is exactly the kind of scent that will grow on me. I will keep my sample and ponder...

On me this is much more cherry than rwing's wfc. It's dense and opaque and maraschino ish on me. Also thicker, warmer than wfc, and less literal somehow...like, it has a different mood. If wfc is a birthday party, this is Bettie page.

Super sweet dripping cherries at first... dries down to a yummy, creamy white chocolate with the softness of the amber keeping it out of the "little girl's perfume" territory. I can't wait to get my bottle!

The cherry is really soft on me. I wish I was getting the strong blast of cherry you guys are getting because I am a cherry ho! I still think I need a bottle though. Every note in it is one of my favorite notes. I might try it with D5. And I have the perfect Farm Hussy body cream to wear this with.

I am so glad I should have the sampler pack on it's way soon!

From the description I don't think I would have ordered this scent (I love cherries to eat, but on my skin less so) but all your reviews make it sound absolutely gorgeous!

Mmm this reminds me of a just opened box of ripe juicey cherries dipped in warm white chocolate. That initial aromatic freshness of white chocolate covered cherries. Unlike the heavy concentrated, sacchariny pharmacy boxed cherries sold this time of year. This is in my top 3.

This is Ravenwing's White Forest Cake without the cake. The inital cherry blast is similar to the blast in OCCO Ambrosia on my skin, but it quickly dies down as the white chocolate becomes more prominent. That's actually the star in this. The marshmallow adds enough fluff to keep this scent from becoming too decadent. Later in the dry down, the cherry-amber-vanilla combo begins to smell just a titch like tobacco (drool!!!) This is not love at first sniff for me, but this is exactly the kind of scent that will grow on me. I will keep my sample and ponder...

I am getting the tobacco thing too. Just a tad but it's there.

Mmm! Gooey cherry in the vial! I hope when I wear it I get the white chocolate and amber finish Molls is describing when I test it!

In the viai it is exactly as described: sweet cherry and white chocolate with fluffy marshmallow. But on me it goes sort of flat and then fades rather fast into a vague sugary powdery finish, which makes me sad. But hopefully with time it will become more robust in wear. I do get the comparisons with ravenwing's White Forest Cake, although this is definitely more candy-like to me.

I agree with what's been said above about cake vs. candy -- this is the latter on me (as it clearly was designed to be). Very heady wave of cherry on first application, and then the white chocolate and marshmallow emerge as a bed of softening, sugar-sweetening influences. Decadent and luxurious. Also very quiet on me, very quickly. This is one that could mostly be my fun little secret if I wore it to work -- I bet no one else would notice it unless standing very close to me, but whenever I needed a little private uplift I could huff my arm and be transported to some glamorous setting with gorgeous white linen tablecloths, crystal chandeliers and a string quartet playing quietly in the background.....

I've had an interesting day with Cherry Divinity. Decided I was going to slather this baby on for day two of work. When I first rolled on, it was a striking scent: sweet cherry, a bit sharp, but followed quickly by a smooth warm white chocolate. It smelled so good, so edible. It stayed that way for about half an hour. However - and this happened the first time I tried it as well - there seems to be this point on me when it's no longer "wet" but not completely dried and melded when it turns a bit....stinky. I was going to say snatchy but I don't like that word. A teensy bit cheesy. I can't really describe it. It's ever slightly unpleasant. Curdled milk? I don't know but I hope you get the jest of it. That lasted from about 6am when we left for work until about 6:30 or so. After that, the stinky smell went completely away and although the cherry was very mild, almost relegated to second place behind the white chocolate, it didn't disappear any further. It's like there was a blast of foodie love, followed by mild stink and then it settled itself in for the day. It was definitely white chocolate with the mildest hints of cherry every now and then.

I'll try this again after it's had some more time to settle here at home but I swear it has more mood swings than I do! I like the wet and full dry down scents enough that I can deal with the half hour of iffy.

I love this! it doesn't turn on my skin like so many foodie scents (like marshmallow and vanilla) can do. I'm always looking for vanilla scents that stay true, and the cherry is an added bonus! It's sweet without being sickly, and cakey without being POW CRUMBS. The cherry is an accent, rather than the full thrust (giggle) of the scent. It wears close to the skin, and is a lovely example of a subtle, feminine but not girly perfume.

I tested yesterday, and, while it was *nice*, it's not MUST HAVE! A) right now I don't get cherry so that it's more of the white chocolate and base notes scent...(maybe that will change, but cherry's a tricky note on my skin.) B) the Vanilla/Amber I get is kind of *thick* smelling...heavy, so it limits itself for me on how often I'd wear it. But, that being said, I'll let it settle for a bit and re-try.

I tested yesterday, and, while it was *nice*, it's not MUST HAVE! A) right now I don't get cherry so that it's more of the white chocolate and base notes scent...(maybe that will change, but cherry's a tricky note on my skin.) B) the Vanilla/Amber I get is kind of *thick* smelling...heavy, so it limits itself for me on how often I'd wear it. But, that being said, I'll let it settle for a bit and re-try.

That's how I am feeling too Katz. The cherry is so light and the white chocolate is a little flat. I am not getting a full bottle at this point.

GRR! I love this!

Cherry D was not even in my mind as a FB when the scents came out. I knew I would like it but not love it. I have almost a half of a bottle of Special D and I hardly wear that one anymore (but when a scent gets past the halfway mark I often quite wearing it so much out of fear). I had my eyes on Strawberry Cake and the Bumblebee powder one. But...

OH MER GERD!!! I wore this to work and it was amazing. To me it is way better than Special D. It is mellower...not so sweet...it's just perfect. I think it smells classy, sexy and comforting at the same time. It is light but LP's always get stronger with aging to me, and I like that it is not overpowering. Sometimes Special D got a little much...I think the cherry is a lot stronger in that one. This is my first WHITE chocolate scent and I love it.

I saw that there was only three bottles left and I made a panic order from my phone at work...WHEW! So glad I tried this one today and didn't put it off!

I saw that there was only three bottles left and I made a panic order from my phone at work...WHEW! So glad I tried this one today and didn't put it off!

And you did exactly right, as the cart trick just said no more are available. :fright04238:

Yes, yes it is PERFECT! Exactly what you all dreamed about!

The cherry is an intense initial tidal wave, then simmers down and lets the other players have their spot. Because it's a white chocolate, it doesn't veer off into Special Delivery territory. On my skin, the amber is fairly up front, which I like because it keeps the whole thing from toppling over into uber sweet. The dry down is very soft, and my nose keeps wandering to my arm unbidden.

This one is my favorite of the NRs. Part foodie, part amber, totally luscious.

I'm hoping the cherry plays nice with my skin… I'm more interested in the chocolate making this a winner for me

Wow,gone already :eek: ...this is nice on me,more of a cherry marshmallow on dry down,with a bit of chocolate...it fades kinda fast tho,but maybe with aging,as LunaChick said .

I am so in love with this I cannot even properly write a review. Special Delivery WHO????
I only scored two bottle so will be praying for a rebrew and rain. We need rain in Cali

This Cherry Divinity is the love of my life- and Luna you were a thousand percent correct.. I have lost all control of my bowel movements with this one.