Moon Sugar Candy

Beccah

This is not one I thought I would be drawn to -- I just couldn't imagine lemon and maple working together. It's really lovely! Initially it's like lemon candy -- very sparkly, with a true sourness rising above all the sweetness. This has got to be the brightest scent I've ever encountered -- I get such a strong visual sense of really bright light, like sunshine reflecting off a crystalline ice-sheeted snowbank. Then the maple -- which is definitely a creamy maple -- starts to eddy around all that central brightness. I also find that while the scent quiets down pretty quickly, later throughout the day I'm suddenly surprised by heavenly little wafts of maple goodness. Definitely a winner! Congrats, Celrynnya!

This one is my favorite, FAVORITE, so far...did I mention LOVE!? LUUUURV... This is fantastically sticky and stays for hours and hours. I am a SUCKER for maple sugary treats so far as LP goes...just go ahead and sign me up! I remembered being concerned about the lemon (would it overpower everything and would I like it with the maple???) No need to have feared (and I did go FB so I must not have had too terrible a trepidation about it :lol: ) Not only is the label art gorgeous, the description is AMAZING and the scent makes me swoon - TRIPPLE WIN!

I smelled this in the vial and swooned-rich, lemony maple crystallized by the sugar. Wonderful!!! But sadly, my skin ate up all the lemon and I'm left with maple. Not complaining! Maple does smell good on my skin. After a couple of hours, it's reminiscent of Breakfast in Bed, but without the smokey note. I will let it age a bit and try at a different point to see if my skin and the lemon can play nice. Rave reviews from the Marine, though. He bounded out of bed and asked if I cooked. I said "no, it's my perfume" and let him smell me, and his eyes rolled back in his head. I think that translates to five stars!! :lol:

Aw boo! I don't know what's wrong with my skin, but it blew this perfume up! :( At first it smells all sweet and yummeh, and then after it's been on my skin for half an hour or so, it gets smokey, and all the sweetness disappears. And actually, it does have a little bit of a Breakfast in Bed feel on me. I'll have to retry it later. Maybe my sniffer is just tired.

Wore this yesterday and people love it. I wonder what it is about this (someone said the same thing about Orangzipan) that remind people of coffee? One person asked what smelled like coffee and another thought they smelled mocha. (I thought mocha was chocolate of some sort?) They both meant it as in - YUM! What smells like coffee!?" Another one was brown sugar, maple oatmeal :lol: When someone pointed out that "the aroma" was me, 1 fella just took hold of my arm and snoffled my hand happily :D It's ok, we're buds, but it was still hilarious to the group. Hmm, now that I think of it, someone in that group mentioned coffee as well. I DO NOT get coffee from this or Orangzipan...maybe it's just that vanilla, maple and sugar remind people of breakfast coffee or something? :huh:

I don't care. I love this. Other people love it too. Squeeeeee! ^_^

NuTrix, mocha is coffee with chocolate- it's a delicious drink. But I don't think Moon Candy smells anything like it. I have this in spray, and the first time I tried it I sprayed it liberally and directly on my clothes (as is my usual practice) more than my skin. NOBODY DO THIS! Because this is a strong scent it really didn't work well this way. It kind of sickened me- like I'd overdosed on maple syrup. It was actually burning my nostrils. But now I've tried it again, on my skin, I love it. It gets better after the initial hit of lemon softens, and everything melds together. Then I start thinking I smell like the breakfast of my dreams!

Like hot coco and coffee? That doesn't sound quite right together, yet I like cappuccino with caramel so chocolate done right might taste good...I mean, it IS chocolate after all! ^_^ I don't read chocolate coffee at all from this scent. I wonder what's up with the people who did?

Edited by NuTrix

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot strongly enough recommend that everyone drop what they're doing and put this in their hair. Something about it just suits being in the hair so extremely. I am fainting with delight.

Edited by tyvey

I cannot strongly enough recommend that everyone drop what they're doing and put this in their hair. Something about it just suits being in the hair so extremely. I am fainting with delight.

Ooooo this does sound good! Do you have this in a spray? I have several hair oils that I occasionally use on the ends if my hair. I am thinking that adding dashes if diffent LPs would be fun and I could smell them all day. I'll start with Moon Sugar Candy first. Thanks for the idea Tyvey!

• 2 weeks later...

That's so funny. I put this on after a bath today and was moved to rub some in my hair while it was still damp. I hadn't read the reviews yet.

This one is just scrumptious. Maple amps on me, so this one is prominently maple syrup. The lemon is very understated. The amber is thick and syrupy too, but at the same time just a bit powdery.

This is what I wanted BAM Spicy Brown Sugar to smell like, but it always turned wonky on me.

Yes! Love how, literally, sticky and sweet and delicious this is...nothing like waking to the same fantastic aroma you fell asleep to!

Aargh. LP's drive me crazy!!! I decided to try this one again since everyone is talking about it today. First time I tried it I amped lemon to high hell. This time there is very little lemon, if any and it is indeed glorious maple makin me smile!! I smell cookie dough in there too now. I don't remember the notes in this, I'll check when I'm done but I'm smelling dough slathered in maple...it's so good now!!!

Eta: well I don't know where the dough is coming from...and I can smell the lemon now but it is so much more balanced than before....this is a dream scent.

Edited by missdarlyncherie

• 2 weeks later...

Eta: well I don't know where the dough is coming from...and I can smell the lemon now but it is so much more balanced than before....this is a dream scent.

Dream scent! Me, too, MissDC! This is so pretty and candy-sweet, yet it's not cloying. On me, it kind of smells like toffee with an extremely subtle lemony kick. It lasts a long time, too, and stays fairly close to my skin. LOVE! :hearts0425:

• 1 month later...

whoa! This one is incredibly loud on me!

at first dab i picked up every note and i had to shake my arm to get it to calm it down :lol:

after it melded a little it was lemon maple (lemon was close to the skin and the maple was the aura.)

It sort of reminds me of homemade egg custard, cloyingly sweet and delicious! Im not sure why it reminds me of making egg custard but this would have potential to influence me in the kitchen

I think it might be the amber thats giving this a very long life on my arm haha its still going strong and has some impressive throw. My room mate thought i was hiding pastries from her :say19:

I love the label art on this one -- gorgeous!

In the vial, this smells heavenly But within minutes of putting it on my skin, the maple flees the scene and all I'm left with is lemon and I smell like a Lemonhead for the next two hours. Right at the very very end, just before the scent disappears completely, I get a tiny whiff of sweet maple.

i really wanted this one to be amazing on me, but it just isn't going to work. :(

No way! Really?!

I get the blast of lemon at the very start but then it becomes this sticky maple/amber goodness that just lasts and lasts on me.

Did you just receive it recently? Maybe it needs more time to settle? I only ever recall having 1 LP noticeably with travel shock (Honeyed LP with Gotcha! to be specific) and it was like night and day when it finally settled down. I first thought - "Oh no! This is ALL patchouli and I get NOTHING else!" SO disappointing after reading all the great reviews :( Next time I wore it - at least 24 hours later? It was honey and amber and apricot and all wonderfulness with the patch just hinting its presence and adding to the whole! Like - POW! Completely different. :)

On the advice of NuTrix, I revisited this one -- and the lemon behaved itself! wow! I was left huffing my wrist all evening, inhaling the dreamy maple sweetness. Now, I'm going to have to go back and try a few others I had put away bc they just didn't quite work for me (Mississippi Moon comes to mind!)

:cat690: YAY! Success - MSC as it was always intended! So happy your goetting the nomminess now!

That's so funny, I don't really get any lemon at all!

It's all sweet mapley goodness on me, very warm and reassuring (in fact, it reminds me a lot of Mother Ship) and snuggly.

Just a lovely, comforting scent; pretty strong but not overwhelming.

It makes me smile, there is something very relaxing about it.

I only get the burst of lemon at the beginning. I need to make this into a spray, I'll be it would be PERFECT! :)

On the advice of NuTrix, I revisited this one -- and the lemon behaved itself! wow! I was left huffing my wrist all evening, inhaling the dreamy maple sweetness. Now, I'm going to have to go back and try a few others I had put away bc they just didn't quite work for me (Mississippi Moon comes to mind!)

Same thing happened to me the first time I tried it. All lemon....gave it another shot and it turned into that gorgeous maple dream. The only thing about this one is it doesn't last long enough on me. If you love sexy comforting maples you might want to try Hungry Heart. That's my favorite maple scent and it lasts forever.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I hogged the remaining supply on Artfire, so perhaps it's unkind to go on about it. I was uncertain of it when I first received the sample. It was delicious, but so simple. As time went on, I kept using it, but only at home, because I was not certain of how it would be received. The first time I wore it out, people turned around to see what smelled so good. Can't do better than that. I'm one of those people that it was almost all maple on. But sooo good.

HAHAHA! Yes ^^^ People LOVE this...then peek from around corners and go in search of "the dilectable smell" :D It always creates a stir among foodies and those with a sweet tooth! Anyone who loves McGriddles, maple ganola or sweet sticky treats - you'll be the belle of the ball!

• 1 month later...

Tried this again and again with the lemon amped to infinity and beyond. :(

So, with nothing to lose, I mixed this with Phero Girl, one-to-one, and that SMELLED DELICIOUS, if a little sticky-sweet. It also tamed the lemon and brought the maple forward.

OOOOOOO! What an interesting thought to combine! I have UNE, the unphreo'd version of Pherogirl, will have to try this! Thanks for the tip :) I don't amp anything in MSC but I DO sometimes amp the honey in UNE...I would love to see how deliciously they play together!

OOOOOOO! What an interesting thought to combine! I have UNE, the unphreo'd version of Pherogirl, will have to try this! Thanks for the tip :) I don't amp anything in MSC but I DO sometimes amp the honey in UNE...I would love to see how deliciously they play together!

Report on your findings, please! I'm curious how this works for you. :)

Just piped half and half into a trial vial to marinate. I love UNE on it's own and when I wear it there are other people who react just like me - "OHMYWOWTHATSMELLSGREAT!!" but both my husband and a gf snarf at it and I'm thinking the MSC will change it just enough to make them reconsider since they both like MSC :lol: (my problem is that I LOVE SO MANY LPs!)

But, right now, I have both scents all over my hands from mixing and I smell glorious! Once it's sat for several hours, I'll wear it for today and see how it goes. since I will be with BOTH of them! :) Both UNE and MSC have some serious staying power on me so I suspect they will last and last!

I first feared the lemon when I ordered MSC and while I could pick it out as a note, it never over took the whole. It was just kind of brightening it, not overpowering it, I'm a sucker for maple-y scents and this one is at the top of the list :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

• 4 weeks later...

Omg

This is delicious! It's warm syrupy maple candy with just a drop of lemon. The dry down gets this warm burnt feeling like the crystallized shell of creme brûlée. That's exactly what this reminds me of,

But if you ate creme brûlée backwards and it was a tad bit syrupy. Delicious!

• 10 months later...

Oh! Thanks for bumping this! I need to pull this out today to wear - I've been digging into my maple fragrances a lot lately (thank you fairy garden maple for creating a maple monster :D ) and Moon Sugar Candy would be GREAT for this afternoon. It's so cloudy and overcast - some moon sugar will brighten things up I'm sure! I love how the lemon lifts and brightens it AND me when I wear it :)

• 3 years later...

@Kayla I'm wearing Moon Sugar Candy this late afternoon, it's SO GOOD! I don't get the Lemon as I'm still on the mend, but it's the loveliest maple amber. I wore it to the grocery store, it was so crowded, I bet dessert sales doubled while I was in the store. LOVE IT! Thank you Kayla!

20 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Kayla I'm wearing Moon Sugar Candy this late afternoon, it's SO GOOD! I don't get the Lemon as I'm still on the mend, but it's the loveliest maple amber. I wore it to the grocery store, it was so crowded, I bet dessert sales doubled while I was in the store. LOVE IT! Thank you Kayla!

So happy that you like it! :) I have a bunch of sniffees that I don't always get to.

• 2 months later...

I WORE THIS TODAY AND COULDNT THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE ALL DAY.  It is very crunchy now - maple creme  brûlée, just the most burnt edges of the dish - and I would do terrible things for a bottle