Orangzipan

Beccah

AD-Orangzipan.jpg

Orangzipan

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

ALMOND ~ Fertility, stamina, masculine energy, business success, money, prosperity, wisdom, intuition, insight, talisman for successful and fertile marriage.
ORANGE & BLOSSOMS ~ Strong 'magnet' to attract men; eternal love, marriage, fruitfulness, thoughtfulness, happiness, tribute.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my Orangizpan! This scent is bright and playful. Hello orange Starburst candy! It's sweet sugary orange and it makes my mouth water. I'm not recognizing almond but it's most likely playing a part of what I'm smelling. This is going to be a great spring/summer scent!

After drydown, I'm sensing the sandalwood/nutmeg presence but it's still mainly orange on my skin.

Finally, a review! Thanks Hearts. :D I'm so excited!!! This one sounded really good and I decided this one was worth a FB. Monday (hopefully) can't come soon enough!

Is this similar to the orange almond hydrating water?

To my nose, the orange and almond are more pronounced than in the HW.

This one is fun, but then, I'm an orange ho. On initial application, the orange and almond are fairly even, but after a minute my skin seems to amp the almond just a tad more. About three or four minutes after application, the nutmeg starts making its appearance and everything turns a mouth-watering spiced orange.

Hearts, you nailed it with the "makes your mouth water" comment. Yes, it does, doesn't it!

Such a clever and perfectly morphed name for this clever and perfectly morphed scent!

I really like this one. At first, it seemed all orange spice and it sort of reminded me of Shelly's Winter Sweater... but spicier. Once it dried down, I could start to smell the notes mixing with the orange, spice died down quite a bit. I rolled some around 2 and I can still smell it a bit. On me now, it's a very gentle spiced orange almond. I could see wearing this on a beautiful spring day... like right now. LOL

This is my first orange LP! It's really lovely -- candied, but not like candy. I can taste -- yes, taste! -- the real fruit under the added sweetness of the almond. It's got a beautifully subtle bite to it, just the perfect tiny touch of bitter citrus adding spice and texture to the sweet. I'm not sure if I would wear enough to warrant a full bottle, but I am going to enjoy the heck out of this sample.

It also seems like a very versatile scent in terms of seasons -- I can picturing it being perfect for summer, juicy and refreshing, but it's also festive and warm for the cold weather. Yum!

I love the opening seconds of this one while you can smell the orange with the almond. Almond is one of my all time favorite notes but sadly it fades so fast as a top note. The nutmeg is prominent within minutes. It reminds me of a Holiday fragrance even though it's not orange/clove it still reminds me of a pomander. Sandalwood really anchors it. So for me it's a light orange/nutmeg/sandalwood trio.

This one is definitely orange in the vial. I don't know what, but at first whiff in the vial I thought - "there isn't chocolate in here is there?" I think it was the cherry actually (cherry and chocolate go together in my brain - not sure exactly why I interpreted it the way I did at first...). Another VERY yummy V day scent that's really unique to me. I have NO idea how this will wear - how exciting!

Wet, the orange is very bright, fresh squeezed and zest-y. For me the spices appear at the very beginning too. The almond is prominent when wet, then backs off and just gives a round warmth to the whole thing. Once it's dry, it's so warm and autumny. Makes me think of mulled wine like they do in europe - the orange juice and spices.

but there is no cherry in there...

Hehe...it's the almond I think. I don't know why, but scents with almond seem to smell - or at least remind me of - like cherry to me :huh: I have a scented oil for the house that is almond flavored (says almond on the front and nothing else...) and I read cherry every time. It must be me - wouldn't be the first odd thing about me :lol:

That's SO weird! But at least it's NOT one more odd thing about me! :D

I really like this in the vial - it reminds me a bit of Pomander Royale - and in the wet stage it's a nice blending of the juicy orange and almond and nutmeg. In the drydown everything but the nutmeg seems to fade away, though, although I get a touch of sandalwood too, it's nice. If the orange-almond part lasted longer I think I would have been happier.

At first, the almond marzipan is very strong and sweet, almost cherry-like. It stays this way for about an hour, then the almond calms down a little, and lets the orange come out to play. It stays a very sweet, sugary orange-almond for quite awhile, and after about three hours, the nutmeg and sandalwood give it some spice and warmth. It's got some great throw, it didn't take much to be enveloped by the almond orange goodness. I can see myself wearing this on a chilly February day, sipping on hot cocoa looking out the window watching the flakes of snow stick to the window.

WOW! This smells just like Christmas Eve at my parent's house! My mum always buys these German heart-shaped, chocolate-coated ginger cookies that have just a tiny dot of marzipan in the centre, and this smells JUST LIKE THOSE! :D I love it! Makes me feel like a kid again - like I'm just about to get bundled up in my snowsuit & go make a snow fort - and when I get back inside, all out of breath and rosy-cheeked, I'll have a hot chocolate and a plate of chocolate-ginger hertzen cookies. :D I love this one!

And really, I get super-excited when I fall in love with the ones with sweet animal labels. ;)

I tried this one tonight. Lots of orange at first, I didn't get any/much almond, thankfully. After a few minutes, the nutmeg really comes out, and it is just beautiful. I must really like nutmeg, lol. It ends up being a yummy orange spice scent on me. I wasn't really drawn to this one at first, but I will definitely keep and use my sample..

This took a couple of wearings to ponder this one. First on, it was bright, orange creamsicle on me, but more orangey than creamy. after an hour or so, it gets deeper, richer, and more like cake. I finally figured out today what it reminded me of: Rosie's Wedding Cake. They're very similar on my skin, but this is made lighter by the organce, and it's the tiniest bit floral on my skin, too, but in a foody way, like lavender in a baked good or something. People keep asking, "Mmmmm! Who brought muffins?" :lol:

Giving this one a proper run today.

Applied liberally and loved that first candy orange burst but it quickly settled into soft sugary nutmeg...so I slathered a bit more JUST to get that orange burst again....I think I can leave it be now :lol: Now my nose is reading the almond as cherry again, which is really yummy with the nutmeg. I wonder if I'm getting sandalwood or if I'll notice it more later? Looking forward to how this blooms....

I have been told today that this registered as:

French vanilla - male response

Mocha - female response

Breakfast - female & male response

Maple syrup - female & male response

Something sticky, sweet and delicious - male response

Vanilla cake-y - male response

A yummy candle - female response

Numerous - "What smells so good?"s

Maple? Mocha? Breakfast? Yummy candle? :D

What a wonderful hit this was with me and practically everyone I encountered! It's SO fascinating how everyone reads it a little - or a LOT - differently! Completely loved all the feedback - and I did not ASK for it from a single one of them. This drew people's interest without even prompting! and in a couple instances created a conversation on just what it DID smell like :lol:

Edited by NuTrix

I had such high hopes for this one! And when I first put it on I loved it...bright citrusy orange! However, the orange quickly faded, and it became a syrupy sort of smell. I'm a little averse to syrup right now - Saturday I was wearing one of my favorite favorite lp's, Kanary Kremes, and a cashier at a store told me it smelled like pancake syrup! I have to say that I was a little offended - I love this perfume so much, and all she got was "pancake syrup"? So yeah, I'm a bit put-off by syrup right now. I'll have to give this one another try sometime later when I'm not so syrup sensitive!

Oh drat, this did not work on me at all. :(

In the sample vial, it is lovely; nutty and sweet and yummie, like orange marzipan with a little something extra (a bit of syrup?).

But on my skin the marzipan and the syrup disappear; the marzipan within seconds, the syrup manages to last a couple of minutes but then it's gone as well.

What I am left with is something that smells like musty orange peel; it's oddly flat in scent and doesn't seem to change at all anymore after that.

I guess my skin ate most of the deliciousness - such a pity!

I think I'm going to hang on to the sample vial though, because the label makes me smile and the scent is the vial really is rather yummy.

Hmmm, on second thought; I might give it a try in a scent locket some time...

Help!

I did NOT need to love this.

I'm on the fence though in spite of that. This was a real surprise win for me but I got FBs for half the collection already :D

Do I reeeeally NEED a FB of this? But then has it ever really been about need?

• 2 weeks later...

Paired the last of my sample of this with Lumina today and have been complimented on how good I smell :lol:

It's so deliciously orange first out of the vile.

Does the reason there are so few reviews of this have anything to do with a secret conpiracy of others to quietly ferret this away? I have had so many compliments on this that I'm AT LEAST half considering a FB just because of the rave response others have had to it :D

I might, too, if there's still some left when I'm ready to purchase. I love it! The dry-down is so good I can hardly keep my nose off my arm! And then the long, long, long dry-down... ugh! *eyes roll back in head* :lol:

Leave one for me, Peeps! :beggingpleasesmiley:

Edited by Eggers

Ditto Molls! Surprise for sure! Was surprised at how yummy I found it and the rave reactions of others, including my husband, has just blown me away!

Eggers! Love your avi!LOVE! I think I almost wrote it off the first time I wore it because (without slathering) my nose quickly lost the scent. I got that blast of orange and then it went all subtle like on me.

But apparently that was only to ME. Everyone I've come in contact with just loves it. I've been both scolded and complimented for smelling so good :lol:

I was only planning to get 1 bottle...why is there always the thought in the back of the mind that says...more would be better...when I KNOW I have more bottles than I can go through already? :D Still holding out for Feb sampler to order though....and hoping it will still be available when I make my next order too...

I've only worn this twice--I'm going through my Feb. bottles rather slowly. So, I haven't yet tested it around a bunch of people, but for me? It's *delicious*!!! It's brighter than I'd expected. I know, I know, orange is bright, and I love it! But something about the orange and the almond...oh and the nutmeg!...smells fizzy on me for about the first five minutes. I'll bet the fizz is the nutmeg. When I snoof my *skin* it smells like really good orange soda pop! :w00t:

The sillage, though...now, that smells much more sophisticated. That's where this one shines on me. I can see why everyone has been complimenting you, NuTrix! The waft from this combines all the notes, and it's so very beautiful! The almond backs off, although I suspect it's still way underneath. I get the edge of orange blossoms, and the vanilla, sugar, and sandal enrich the scent. There's plenty of orange, but it's more relaxed. The nutmeg is still there, giving a more subtle sparkle. It backs down enough for me to consider it somewhat of a skin scent...but I think it's travelling more than I realize. Extreme drydown reminds me of eating a piece of my mom's orange chiffon whilst wearing a subtle sweet perfume.

Orangzipan is another exceedingly cheerful and beautiful scent from February. WOOT!!! :hearts0425:

• 3 months later...

I absolutely LOVE almond and orange... I covet my little spray sampler of Orange Almond Hydrating Water too! I was secretly hoping that's what this would be - a stronger version of OAHW. Or at least marzipan with orange zest. But all my skin seems to do is suck up every bit of sweetness and leave me with the sandalwood and nutmeg! I can't even find any leftover vanilla and my skin usually lets that hang around for awhile. I may have to let this one age a bit. I'd love to hear if anyone else has revisited Orangzipan with success!

The almond and orange burn off quickly for me too - I LOVE that first burst out of the vile - SO YUM! And although it settles down to my nose, others seem to just love it when they notice it on me, so that "adoration of others" factor is sufficient for my pleasure :heart:

The almond and orange burn off quickly for me too - I LOVE that first burst out of the vile - SO YUM! And although it settles down to my nose, others seem to just love it when they notice it on me, so that "adoration of others" factor is sufficient for my pleasure :heart:

Nutrix... did you get this in RB or spray? Just curious if the spray would actually have been a better choice for me.