Orangzipan

Beccah

RB> I was hoping the concentration of the oil would keep lingering longer. My thought is that the delicious orange would wing away all the more quickly with a spray - but I bet it would be GLORIOUS while it was there - a fluffy orange cloud of deliciousness!

• 2 months later...

Nutrix... did you get this in RB or spray? Just curious if the spray would actually have been a better choice for me.

OHMYGOSH LS! Sorry I didn't see this sooner. If it's still relevant, I got it in the oil, but have decanted some to spray.

I go "scent blind" on this when I wear it :( When I first apply the oil I get that yummy splash of orange then as it fades I seem to lose track of it myself. I thought it didn't last on me but - literally - everyone else, including hubby, raves about how great it smells! :o So I stocked up - as any smart girl would do, teheee....

When I made a little traveler of spray it did what most spray do - big wafting huffs of deliciousness that settled into creamy, sugary spiced goodness.

Have you experimented since your last post? :w00t:

• 3 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I got this during the sale. I got it for my mum. I kinda hoped it would be more marzipany like Petit Four Your Thoughts, but all I get is sandalwood.

Yesterday, I went to my mum's office. When you enter the building my mum's office is in, there's a 15 m long hallway and at the end is my mum's office and yesterday as I entered that hallway all I could smell was Orangzipan and the smell was getting stronger as I was approaching my mum's office :) Can't tell you how nice (and strong) it smelled when I entered my mum's office ;) The best part is she applied the scent (2 inches on each wrist) while she was at home, 5 hours before I arrived to her office!

• 1 month later...

I absolutely adore Oranzipan, it's a dream come true, out of the bottle it smells like the confections my favourite candy store offers. But the sad truth is my body chemistry murders it, just kills orange and almond and all I'm left with are the spicy notes. In another post I already told the story of how I wore it to work and everyone thought that someone had brought Indian take-out to the office. It carried down all the hallway, even my boss came down to find out where the scent came from. A little embarassing. So now I put it in my oil lamp to make my room smell yummy, but not on self...

I get orange right away but quickly go "scent blind" to most of it and get whiffs here and there - thankfully - that are very delicious.

Others around me smell it right away, I'm SO jealous, and when I DO pick it up it's nommilicious. I wonder what makes it go invisible to my nose like that...all in and out? Like fragrance peek-a-boo :D

are any of the other notes ones that you are blind to in other scents too? the only note I have read about people going blind to is vanilla but I assume it's possible with others. I love musk but often don't pick it up...

I think it's citrus notes in general? Atomic Mandarin is like that and Moon Sugar Candy, LP Frais Citron...but sometimes the whole scent seems to wander off on me. Other people compliment me on it, so I know it can be smelled - but somehow to my nose it's vanished for a bit, then I seem to "re-realize" it :D

I understand that citrus is usually a top note that burns off quickly, I just find it odd that the whole scent seems to disappear to my nose. There is something that's supposed to happen when you get used to a scent (like in a room you walk into) and then you can't smell it after 5 minutes or so. I just figured that must be what's happening to me :( But then there are fragrances like Scotchies, EGG, Unreasonable Pumpkin and just about, really, everything else that I can bask in the delight of all day long with no vanishing act. It's just WEIRD :-/

• 5 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I love the smell of salt when I'm on the beach... Few days ago we went to the beach to watch turtles being released back to the sea. My mum was sitting in front of me and my girls. And instead of that beachy, summery, salty smell all I could smell was my mom's Orangzipan! :lol: It's pretty strong!

Edited by cutie.pie

• 5 months later...

This is sooo yummy and it aged beautifully!

A while ago(like last year), this was so, so bad with my chemistry. No oranges just pointy sharp spice jabbing my eyes out :c

Now, its a mouth watering juicy orange with a soft bed of mellow spice with a faint nutty cloud. The orange note sticks around for a long time. By the end of the day, its brightness mellows out like a sunset and the spice warms it up considerably.

I never thought id ever like this, im always surprised haha

• 3 months later...

When first applied, this one is mostly almond or marzipan with sweet oranges. I can smell the sugar and vanilla in the background along with a slight spice from the nutmeg. After several minutes, the almond fades and the nutmeg becomes a bit more pronounced so it smells like spiced oranges, quite festive and holiday-like. It's my favorite part in this LP's journey.

Unfortunately, after about half an hour the orange starts to quickly disappear and all that's left is an autumnal spiciness, with sugar and a bit of vanilla. At this point I can understand the comparisons to maple syrup since it smells a little like that to me. It still smells nice, but it's not necessarily something I would wear as a perfume. I think I'll use the rest of my sample to scent my room with an oil burner as someone else mentioned.

Edited by Juliana

• 2 years later...

I put this on this morning, and the orange was bright and shiny and almost overwhelming, except I'm a citrus ho and I've never experienced "too much orange." But, alas, nutmeg. My skin amps nutmeg to an absurd degree. Now I like nutmeg, so it's not a case of something I don't like being highlighted. Sadly, the orange disappeared and all I smelled was nutmeg and almond. I rolled somewhere in time over it and went about my business, and then I had An Idea!

When I was pregnant with my son, I was eating 5-10 lbs of satsuma mandarins a day, and his baby nickname was "monkey man," and he loves almonds. He's no stranger to scents, and he's been asking for Lavender EO on his wrists since age 3. So, I woke him up and put Orangzipan on him and he loves it! Three hours later, he's just sitting here playing a video game, and the almond, sandalwood and spice seem equal with an orange backdrop. Really nice, and he loves it!