Poudre de Bourdons w/Aja

Beccah

AD-PoudreBee.jpg

Poudre de Bourdons w/Aja

You can make loving fun any number of ways on that special day, and there’s one particular accessory which never fails to tickle the fancy of an amorous admirer…a soft wide brush or feather pouf can caress desired flesh with a coating of edible honey dust…what happens after that is up to you, but it better be good! This is our scented salute to The Pollinator - the busy bumblebee – who spreads the love among every beautiful blossom…and so you may extend an invitation of your own with our honey of a fragrance: Spring honey, orange blossom honey, and plant-sourced honey (Aja) with arousing dashes of ginger, blended with silky soft powdered sugar and a tangy topping of lemon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

HONEY, AJA ~ Enticing, seductive; use to bewitch a straying or hesitant lover. Happiness, fulfillment.
POWDERED SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
GINGER ~ Fiery and
fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells.

Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
LEMON ~ Energizing, uplifting. Longevity, faithfulness, fidelity, friendship. Used to attract spirits.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All you needed to say was -- Aja! Everything else was icing. Yummy, delish icing.

This one is kinda like the opposite of Sug Honeycomb or Phero Girl. << those are really dark and smutty honeys, and this one is light, sheer and powdery. I think pple who like the dirty honeys will like this too, but some people who can't do the dirty honeys might find this one a happy surprise.

Can't wait to try this one. I've been desperately searching for my Torrid Sorcery sample to try Aja preblended into a scent) since Aja was released. I'm hoping this one will be FB worthy on me!

Edited by Beccah

This is another one that I'm concerned about the lemon...buuuuuut lemon and ginger = YUM! And I like Aja, and I like honey, and, of course, I like sugar, AND the description is SO tantalizing! I was compelled to go FB...

I'm not sure why, but I thought this would be under the phero-fragrance because of the Aja.

This one sounds good! It's taken me awhile but I've come to appreciate the fine qualities of the different honeys. Can't wait to try this one and especially with some AJA already built in!

especially with some AJA already built in!

YES! You know Mara has balanced everything perfectly! Very eager to try this!

This is another one that I'm concerned about the lemon...buuuuuut lemon and ginger = YUM! And I like Aja, and I like honey, and, of course, I like sugar, AND the description is SO tantalizing! I was compelled to go FB...

I'm not sure why, but I thought this would be under the phero-fragrance because of the Aja.

I'm not exactly sure where to categorize Aja.... I thought about pheromones, but then it is plant based??? I tend to think of it as a really strong aromatherapy effect, but Idk? Methinks the experts will have to weigh in on how to categorize Aja.

It's really both, IMO; it was not created to be a copulin analog but it can serve that purpose; I would say it's primary identity is as a perfume ingredient. But Mara may have a different opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

Uh oh not a lot of love for this one yet, kinda had my fingers crossed with this w the Aja added in and the name sounds festive like it translates to pour some bourbon on me even though the ingredients don't reflect that. Maybe this needs a shot of something mixed in to put it on the map.

and the name sounds festive like it translates to pour some bourbon on me even though the ingredients don't reflect that.

LOL no, the name means "Bumblebee Powder" because it's supposed to smell like edible honey dust.

I did not like this one at all. Where was all the honey softness?? This smelled like something a guy would wear. Way too strong!

Then I checked the vial.

Hah. Both Poudre and Captain Fantastic have similar blue labels with females legs sticking out on the left. I had grabbed the wrong vial.

Poudre is beautiful!!!!!! So soft, so pretty! My checkbook is quaking because I'm seeing FB for this one, too.

Now if you'll excuse me, my other arm has a date with soap and water. . . . darn men's colognes, anyway. . .

I did not like this one at all. Where was all the honey softness?? This smelled like something a guy would wear. Way too strong!

Then I checked the vial.

Hah. Both Poudre and Captain Fantastic have similar blue labels with females legs sticking out on the left. I had grabbed the wrong vial.

Poudre is beautiful!!!!!! So soft, so pretty! My checkbook is quaking because I'm seeing FB for this one, too.

Now if you'll excuse me, my other arm has a date with soap and water. . . . darn men's colognes, anyway. . .

LOLing here JD!

This one is kinda like the opposite of Sug Honeycomb or Phero Girl. << those are really dark and smutty honeys, and this one is light, sheer and powdery. I think pple who like the dirty honeys will like this too, but some people who can't do the dirty honeys might find this one a happy surprise.

Is this one like Honeyed LP at all?

Is this one like Honeyed LP at all?

DD, others may have different takes on it, but I'm not seeing (smelling?) any similarity to Honeyed LP. Poudre is soft, powdery in a VERY good way, without the tangy LP notes.

LOL no, the name means "Bumblebee Powder" because it's supposed to smell like edible honey dust.

Ooooooo! Edible honey dust!?!!!!! Palpitations! Palpitations! My heart! My heart!!!

Then I checked the vial.

Genuinely HORRIFIED at first! WHAT?! Not like it AT ALL??? WHAAAA???

THANK GOODNESS it isn't so!... However I nearly died laughing and that was wonderful all by itself! :lol:

Then I checked the vial.

:) Glad you caught that mistake.. phew relieved to hear this great review, my favorite holiday month (feb) with not one unfavorable review yet.

This month's NRs have been spectacularly excellent, all the way round. I'm beginning to regret not just caving in and buying the FB full set.

I should have just bought a full bottle set of these New Releases.... Because they have ALL been sooooo good!

Bumblebee Powder is an appropriate name. It's a very soft, powdery honey. It's pretty girl skin and feels like this should just come from my pores. Urban Decay used to make a body shimmer powder - honey scented. It reminds me of this. Honey is usually hit or miss on me. This is a hit! It's sexy in a non smutty way. I bet you would bumblebee bait if you wore this in a garden lol!

I had that feeling that this was gonna be a fb worthy set, when the descriptions were first posted I was all across the board sold on those alone. But I have to use up some lp's I have already before restocking on new fb's. However to compromise there is a very high chance I will order another sampler set because I can see myself burning through my first set at record pace. Seems like Oregon is turning out to be an inspirational move for Mara creatively, is so we are in for a helluva ride this year for what other surprises she has in store for us.

OMG, this is GORGEOUS!! I'm very picky when it comes to honey scents, and this one is a WIN! This is a blend of honeys, spring, orange blossom and Aja. The honeys really do give a powdery vibe, with a little zing of ginger and lemon to keep things bright. Honestly, I can barely pick out the Aja in this one either, it's really well-blended. Soft and sexy. Me likey. :hearts0425:

In the vial this is so bright and uplifting. I'm VERY excited to try this! This is different from other honey scents I've gotten. Maybe it's travel shock, but I hope not! It's light and brisk(?) - maybe the ginger and lemon? So many potions! SO many potions! :cat690:

Wet I loved how the lemon and ginger gave it a bright fresh almost savory aspect in addition to the honey sweetness.. But once it was dry it got quite snatch-y on me. That'd be the Aja which just does not like to calm down on me.

I didnt know if I would like this...however I love it and am ordering a bottle.

On me this is a very very soft sweet honey dust. Very much a relaxing "skin" type scent. The Aja on me is a well blended part of the whole but in no way overwhelming or overbearing.

A very snugly, soft, and romantic vibe. Beautiful!

I just realized this has Aja and I wore it to work....whoops. Thankfully I've been cooped up in an area with all women around so there hasn't been any male funny business going on.

As for the scent, it's soft, relaxing (not put-you-to-sleep relaxing) and has a general calm feel. It's light honey with a pleasantly powdery undertone and not in any way like the cloying talcum powder my grandma used to wear, may she rest in peace. This isn't a smutty honey but a floral honey that is brightened a bit by the hints of lemon and ginger. It isn't in any way a lemon-ginger scent. I'd say that those are more like punctuation than anything else and don't distinctly come out as lemon and ginger. Then again that might be because I am honey. In any case I love it.

Well. My nose isn't familiar enough with ginger, but I'm thinking it's the note I'm getting that I don't recognize - or maybe the lemon - or my first time smelling the 2 together? (both are listed in Leprechaun Luck but I mainly get honeysuckle floral from that one) I'm definitely reading Aja - not because I really smell it so much as how I'm reacting to it...I cannot STOP huffing my arm, trying to put my head around that "honey but not" something :lol: This is actually striking me as a "clean" scent - not soapy or floral like Bonded, X Appeal or Sneaky Clean but definitely bright and floral on me. I think I understand that ever so slightly power note - is that the powdered sugar? This isn't heavy at all. Only just applied 20 minutes ago - can't wait to see what's in store and how it blooms over the next couple hours...

Edited by NuTrix

Something odd is happening.

It's been almost and hour and for about 20 minutes now I've notice it's a soft, sweet, sugary honey BUT if I go in for my normal huffing - getting right against my skin - I get something floral(?) and pointy - too much of a good thing??? I think if I kept huffing it up close the pointiness would give me a headache :oAND YET from no closer than 6 inches, sweet honey goodness :huh:

I'm so confused...

EDIT:

2 hour mark and the pointy it still there but not as prominent. So odd. I don't think it would giving me a headache were I to continue my normal huffing at this stage either.

I'll have to wear it several more times just to see if it was a fluke...

Edited by NuTrix

This morning when I crawled out of bed, at an unreasonable 4am, I could smell the sweet lovely left over of Aja! Man I love that stuff! Now I need to give this a go for the DAY so I can really see what it does over all the hours I missed sleeping :blushing:

I get a bit of brightness on top but just a smidge. What this smells like on me, mostly, is Aja with a creamy undertone to it. And I'm fine with that but if it never evolves into anything beyond the way Aja smells on me then it's kind of redundant.

Huh. This is a surprise hit for me. I didn't really get off on Aja that much. With that one it feels as if there's a "smooth, blank spot", which is the only way I can describe it. But Poudre de Bourdons smells like the blank spot is filled in. And this perfume is really so pretty and pleasant! It was totally off my radar because of the inclusion of Aja, but really, I might have to go FB! :)

Something odd is happening.

It's been almost and hour and for about 20 minutes now I've notice it's a soft, sweet, sugary honey BUT if I go in for my normal huffing - getting right against my skin - I get something floral(?) and pointy - too much of a good thing??? I think if I kept huffing it up close the pointiness would give me a headache :oAND YET from no closer than 6 inches, sweet honey goodness :huh:

I'm so confused...

EDIT:

2 hour mark and the pointy it still there but not as prominent. So odd. I don't think it would giving me a headache were I to continue my normal huffing at this stage either.

I'll have to wear it several more times just to see if it was a fluke...

This same thing happened to me. It reminded me of Lady Frost or Karmiel's Moonlight. Something went piercey and white musky on me. I even had to look and see if I had put on the right scent.