Help choosing a first pheroblend?

I've finally managed to narrow down what fragrance samples I'm going to order, but I'm still a bit lost on choosing an UN-phero blend. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

At first I was eyeing Cuddle Bunny, but now I am not so sure. A friend affectionately joked that I am looking for the 'White Knight' blend. I am very sensitive and thin-skinned, and get somewhat vulnerable-feeling in public, especially if I am alone. Therefore, I'm looking mostly for something that will inspire protectiveness, gentleness, and accommodability. So far from what I have read, the molecule that will suit that best is EST, but I am not certain what would pair with it for best effect and which UN-phero has the most EST.

If I had to check off what I wanted from the list on the PheroWiki, it would be as follows:

* inspire awe, deference, respect and admiration
* inspire joyful happiness
* inspire feelings of comfort and safety
* promote nurturing and cuddling

* emanate an aura of charisma and popularity

* create an air of innocence

* uplift moods and emotions
* inspire protectiveness
* inspire a willingness to please
* give off the impression of youthful vitality

(I'm sorry, not a terribly short list.)

I am quite happily married, so I'm not looking to...um, entice anyone other than my husband. Where he is concerned, though, I would be all right with a more sexual phero in the blend although it is not a priority. I will say that anything I could wear that might help bolster his mood and lift him up would be very welcome, as he has a lot of not pleasant things going on at the moment. Also, I would not complain about even more protectiveness and affection from him. :heart:

So far I've been eyeing Cuddle Bunny and Lace mostly, although now I am considering Popularity Potion and Bang!, although, again, I don't know which has the most EST or if there's a blend that will check off that list up there perfectly.

Thank you.

:hearts09780:

Edited by Princess

That list is way too varied for a single blend to be able to reasonably cover all those bases, but up til I got to your list I was thinking treasured hearts and h2h would do well by you.

As you can see, everyone has varying experiences but imo these are the first that leap to mind for each of your needs:

* inspire awe, deference, respect and admiration -- SWS or cougar

* inspire joyful happiness -- lace

* inspire feelings of comfort and safety -- balm bomb, teddy bb

* promote nurturing and cuddling -- th

* emanate an aura of charisma and popularity -- cougar, pp

* create an air of innocence -- that's a tough one. None come to mind

* uplift moods and emotions -- lace, ow

* inspire protectiveness -- straight est, cb

* inspire a willingness to please -- lfm, cougar, SWS

* give off the impression of youthful vitality -- cougar

Welcome to the forum. I think Heart & Soul or Levitation will be most suited to what you're looking for. You don't necessarily need a pheromone blend to give off a more youthful impression as grapefruit scents can do that part for you. I always loved how affectionate & protective of me that Heart & Soul made people around me act.

Thank you all very much for the replies. It's really helped!

I figured there was no way I could hit all of those points with a single blend, but I felt it didn't hurt to ask. Appearing youthful isn't too much of a priority- I'm in my twenties and have a babyface besides, but I sort of tend towards practicing overkill. I have read that you CAN overkill on pheros, so I shall have to show restraint there.

I am leaning towards Heart & Soul now. In Popularity Potion reviews, people mention being followed and chatted up excessively, which would probably make me uncomfortable. I'm a little worried about A-nol making me too bubbly-I'm already pretty excitable- so the smaller amount in H&S seems better than, say, the amount in Lace. Does anyone how the amount of EST in H&S compares to Cuddle Bunny? I'm thinking the other molecules in H&S would be better than Cops, so it might even out anyway. And on that note, would DHEAS be any good for me, do you think?

The one thing I am concerned about with Heart & Soul, though, is that some reviews say it can make you emotional. I am already an extremely hyper-emotional person. I'm wondering if H&S would just complement that and become more effective, or just turn me into an emotional trainwreck.

I've found, for me, that really just experimenting with ALOT of phero blends was the way to go. As a relative newby, I'm finding that what works for some doesn't work for others, and what works a certain way for some people doesn't always work that way for me. For example, most people here like a-nol blends, but they just either flat-out don't work for me or they work badly. I can OD on Cougar super-easily, and most everyone else here loves it. Just my body chemistry, I guess. But Est blends are great for me - I've found that La Femme Mystere is one of my favorites, even though it doesn't necessarily work the same on me as on alot of people. So just search for perfumes with pheromones and start with alot of samples - start with the likely ones that everyone else has suggested, but if they don't work for you just keep trying. When you find the right one for the right situation, you'll be amazed - I swear that one of Mara's blends was recently responsible for mending a friendship that I thought was beyond repair. Good luck, and happy experimenting!!!

The samples idea is actually a really fantastic one- I didn't think of looking for phero'd fragrances to buy samples of just to test the actual pheros (I am really picky about fragrances). I couldn't find one for Heart & Soul, but I found Lace, La Femme Mystere, Cuddle Bunny, and SS4W, so should that be close enough to tell me what sort of thing works for me or if Heart & Soul would work for me?

Hi Princess, you should try all those fabulous pheros you mentioned. I think in terms of phero purpose/feel Treasured Hearts is probably closer to Heart & Soul than any other, though others could correct me here. To me they feel quite similar, and evoke similar responses from people, except Treasured Hearts has no est, so sometimes I'll add a spray or 2 of that as well if I'm wearing it.

The samples idea is actually a really fantastic one- I didn't think of looking for phero'd fragrances to buy samples of just to test the actual pheros (I am really picky about fragrances). I couldn't find one for Heart & Soul, but I found Lace, La Femme Mystere, Cuddle Bunny, and SS4W, so should that be close enough to tell me what sort of thing works for me or if Heart & Soul would work for me?

IMO trying other blends will not give you a good idea if H&S will work for you. Each blend is different and the way they are blended and the ratios of different molecules can give you entirely different results than even something with almost identical ingredients.

I thought I was really picky about fragrances too, but most of them here are so lovely that even things I thought I wouldn't like, I love. Before LP I was pretty anti-perfume, never finding anything I really liked in the stores, but I find that here there are only a few that I just absolutely can't wear. Even the ones that I only kind of liked were wearable enough to get an idea of whether or not I liked the phero that came with it, and some that I wasn't crazy about initially grew on me after wearing them a bit. Just be sure to let them sit for about a day after they arrive before testing, to get over travel shock.

ETA: Princess if I can manage to empty out a sniffy in the next few days I can send you a little bit of H&S. After you've placed an order on the website you'll have to register with Mara for trading, and then just let me know. It will only be a tiny bit because I just have a sampler of it myself, but hopefully enough to let you know if you like it enough to order more.

Edited by Amalthea1978

I've found, for me, that really just experimenting with ALOT of phero blends was the way to go. As a relative newby, I'm finding that what works for some doesn't work for others, and what works a certain way for some people doesn't always work that way for me. For example, most people here like a-nol blends, but they just either flat-out don't work for me or they work badly. I can OD on Cougar super-easily, and most everyone else here loves it. Just my body chemistry, I guess. But Est blends are great for me - I've found that La Femme Mystere is one of my favorites, even though it doesn't necessarily work the same on me as on alot of people. So just search for perfumes with pheromones and start with alot of samples - start with the likely ones that everyone else has suggested, but if they don't work for you just keep trying. When you find the right one for the right situation, you'll be amazed - I swear that one of Mara's blends was recently responsible for mending a friendship that I thought was beyond repair. Good luck, and happy experimenting!!!

The phero'd sample route is what I ended up doing after about a lot of consideration. I got a range of phero blends, but also a range of scents they were in where available. For instance, I'll test how SS4W works on me in Sneaky Clean and Mara's Rocket Fuel. Because the scents are meant to enhance the effects of the pheros you could have greater success from one than from another, because how the scent works with your chemistry in addition to the pheros.

Enjoy making your selections... and using them, of course!

Edited by donsie

Welcome to the forum. I think Heart & Soul or Levitation will be most suited to what you're looking for. You don't necessarily need a pheromone blend to give off a more youthful impression as grapefruit scents can do that part for you. I always loved how affectionate & protective of me that Heart & Soul made people around me act.

Welcome! Heart & Soul and Levitation are two of my absolute favorite phero blends. For me, I have definitely gotten the "White Knight" treatment from men, and women! Levitation is basically Open Windows with DHEAS added, it is a great mood elevator. I also love Cougar for sassy, upbeat confidence.

The samples idea is actually a really fantastic one- I didn't think of looking for phero'd fragrances to buy samples of just to test the actual pheros ( I am really picky about fragrances). I couldn't find one for Heart & Soul, but I found Lace, La Femme Mystere, Cuddle Bunny, and SS4W, so should that be close enough to tell me what sort of thing works for me or if Heart & Soul would work for me?

Before I came here, I was SUPER picky with fragrance as well! So what type of fragrance do you like? I like the concept of LP: no fixatives, oils that hang close to the body, samples, and LOTS of choices, truly something for everyone. And superior customer service, AWESOME people on the boards, this place can't be beat! I hope you will love it here, and I can't wait to read your reviews! :)

Oh boy. I guess I will have to do a lot of experimenting and testing and trying to snap up samples.

Amalthea, you are so sweet. I really, really appreciate that. I think I'm going to order samples of, besides the pheroscents, Bethrothal Potion, Pixie Dust, Glass Slipper, Nectar de l'Amour, and Smitten Kitten, so if you need a sniffy tester of any of those, I'd be glad to help you out with that.

As for me and fragrances, I'm really picky because my skin chemistry tends to do weird things. Very few mainstream fragrances work on me because of this, so I've mostly turned to smaller Internet niche perfumeries. My favourites right now include this Japanese solid perfume that smells like fresh, almost fruity peach blossoms (it is amazing), but it has absolutely no throw and no staying power at all. The other is from another niche perfume shop- I won't name names, because I'm not sure if that's polite or allowed on this forum, but it's one of the bigger presences from what I've seen. The oil is called Snow White. It's got floral and creamy, sweet notes, but on the whole it just smells like cold on me. I like fresh, light, sweet or pink florals (pink rose, peony, wisteria, lilac, hyacinth, freesia, heliotrope, water lily, sweet pea) but often time they disagree with me and don't smell true to life or (more often) turn into soap and powder on me. I also like fruity scents, with my favourites being peach and apple. I adore flowering tree blossoms (with peach and apple and cherry being favourites). Oddly enough, there are other scents that I like that I haven't been able to find in a fragrance yet, and they're strange. I love the smell of garden centers, wet stone, water, ice and snow, this one chinese sandalwood soap, and like a million scents (lobbies, Main Street, the smell of certain rides, etc) from Disney World. Amber and I do not get along from what I've found, and I'm not really crazy about musk either, but since I haven't tried any LP blends, I'm willing to try fragrances with those notes in them just to see if maybe the amber and musk will play nice. :)

I am really looking forward to my first order too! Everybody here has been so nice, it's really wonderful. :Love09751:

Also I really like the smilies.

Edited by Princess

Yay! Just placed my first order.

I ended up not getting Pixie Dust after reading reviews- from how it was behaving on other people, I was pretty sure it would it would turn into sharp soapy Poudre de la Mort on me (this happens with unfortunately alarming frequency). Everything else I mentioned, I grabbed though! :)

I can't wait until they come in so I can try them! I am so excited to try the pheros- they've fascinated me for quite some time. I remember picking up a perfume I found in the drug store while I was in High School that supposedly had pheromones in it (Fisher Price Baby's First Pheros?). It came in a little glass bottle that looked like a test tube. I think I still have it buried in a box somewhere...

Edit: Yep, I still have it. Just as vaguely and sensationalist-y labeled as I remember.

Edited by Princess