Beta-AndrostAnol vs. Beta-Androstenol?

OK, so am feeling that I want to venture out more with the pheros, but am still essentially clueless about many. I realize that somewhere within the forums, this topic must have been addressed? But I can not find it if so.

So.. could someone please explain to me what each of these does ( I hope that I even got the names of the pheros right!) and how they differ? And in practice, in what situations are they best utilized? I know that to so many of you here this is really old news, but please bear with me as I am still learning and I really am trying. I typically retain info really well but for some reason, retaining info on the various pheros and what they do is difficult for me. Maybe I should just find and print a reference chart on them and their effects somewhere! Any help/input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I think dbot has pretty accurate description of the effects, esp. the beta androstenol. I found this part to be accurate from personal experience: "Beta androstenol is widely reported to induce a sense of comfort, familiarity, and intimacy. At doses above 20mcg, it may exhibit a "truth serum" effect, causing both the wearer and those around them to blurt out thoughts which would ordinarily be censored. Some have reported that beta androstenol tends to increase sociability and approach behavior. .... Many have compared the social effects of beta androstenol to its alpha isomer by saying that alpha androstenol increases the volume of conversation while beta androstenol increases the depth of conversation."

I think dbot has pretty accurate description of the effects, esp. the beta androstenol. I found this part to be accurate from personal experience: "Beta androstenol is widely reported to induce a sense of comfort, familiarity, and intimacy. At doses above 20mcg, it may exhibit a "truth serum" effect, causing both the wearer and those around them to blurt out thoughts which would ordinarily be censored. Some have reported that beta androstenol tends to increase sociability and approach behavior. .... Many have compared the social effects of beta androstenol to its alpha isomer by saying that alpha androstenol increases the volume of conversation while beta androstenol increases the depth of conversation."

That's kind of what I gleaned from those links too quiet guy. I am looking for something to give me a nice, calm, happy feeling that will assist with social anxiety and a bit of depression. Would you agree that anol fits that bill more. Honestly, the names of the stuff alone confuse me!

It might help with the social anxiety by helping you feel more connected to other people and they feeling/acting that way to you. I am not sure about the mild depression. The potential problem I see with using the beta-nols for self-effects is that some people report that the self-effects and lessen and eventually seem to disappear when you use a given pheromone or pheromone mix often. I always use pheromones for their effects on others and really try to be mindful of or avoid self-effects.

You're welcome. I tried posting links to both anol and enol but the second link has vanished!

I saw that.

Rose, the links Mel and Halo gave are really great for reference. I actually printed out a copy for myself so that I could reference it if I wasn't sure about something as I looked at perfumes. The Wiki is about five or six pages I think but having a hard copy, if possible, helps if you want to mark it up or what-not. Or you can be like a co-worker of mine and put everything in an Excel spreadsheet.

I am sure this requires some finesse in application. I wouldn't want to "truth serum" myself! LOL! :)

I think it just kinda happens to a lot of people with self-effects until you get used to the pheromone. Just remember it happens and try to bite your toungue haha! B-nols are actually one of my favorite individual pheromone molecules. People just feel very connected to you and open up to you at multiple levels. Great for romance. I also used it a lot at work. I would rotate pheromone mixes at work to keep the effects "fresh", that is, use different mixes so people would not get to used to one mix and have it lose its effectiveness. When i would wear an authority heavy type mix as my base, I would wear b-nols with it to balance it out. You would still get that authority figure vibe, but the b-nols would help people feel connected to you and keep them talking about whatever they felt was important for you to know. It is up to you to keep the conversations aimed at the work important rather than the "personal" important although to be a really effective leader you need to have/show a genuine concern for people at the individual/personal level in as much as they want to share.

You are so awesome quietguy! I deeply appreciate you sharing the depth of your knowledge. One day, after I get over my fear...I will try b-nol blends. :)

I think it just kinda happens to a lot of people with self-effects until you get used to the pheromone. Just remember it happens and try to bite your toungue haha! B-nols are actually one of my favorite individual pheromone molecules. People just feel very connected to you and open up to you at multiple levels. Great for romance. I also used it a lot at work. I would rotate pheromone mixes at work to keep the effects "fresh", that is, use different mixes so people would not get to used to one mix and have it lose its effectiveness. When i would wear an authority heavy type mix as my base, I would wear b-nols with it to balance it out. You would still get that authority figure vibe, but the b-nols would help people feel connected to you and keep them talking about whatever they felt was important for you to know. It is up to you to keep the conversations aimed at the work important rather than the "personal" important although to be a really effective leader you need to have/show a genuine concern for people at the individual/personal level in as much as they want to share.

It might help with the social anxiety by helping you feel more connected to other people and they feeling/acting that way to you. I am not sure about the mild depression. The potential problem I see with using the beta-nols for self-effects is that some people report that the self-effects and lessen and eventually seem to disappear when you use a given pheromone or pheromone mix often. I always use pheromones for their effects on others and really try to be mindful of or avoid self-effects.

Rose, the links Mel and Halo gave are really great for reference. I actually printed out a copy for myself so that I could reference it if I wasn't sure about something as I looked at perfumes. The Wiki is about five or six pages I think but having a hard copy, if possible, helps if you want to mark it up or what-not. Or you can be like a co-worker of mine and put everything in an Excel spreadsheet.

I am sure this requires some finesse in application. I wouldn't want to "truth serum" myself! LOL! :)

You are so awesome quietguy! I deeply appreciate you sharing the depth of your knowledge. One day, after I get over my fear...I will try b-nol blends. :)

My thanks to all of you! I think I am likely always going to have to have something to refer to handy when it comes to these. Especially when the names of them alone are so close similar to one and other. Must think of clever mneumonic ways to recall!