Mad Scientist Blend?

So lately I've been loving the combo of straight Est and Topper. However, my little sampler of Est is going pretty quickly, I guess because it's a spray rather than oil that seems to last me forever. As much as I would love it, I just can't afford a fb of straight Est right now. Plus I only have a small sampler of Topper in Strange Attractors, so to keep up with this combo I'd have to eventually buy some Topper as well. So I'm seriously considering going the Mad Scientist route and having a bottle of Est, A-nol, and DHEAS made, to try to get the same results. This makes me really nervous, since I feel like I still don't have enough experience or knowledge to do it. It seems simple enough though, knowing that Topper is 50/50 A-nol and DHEAS, I'd just have to figure out about my ratio of Est to Topper, right? What do you ladies think?

Go for it! That sounds like a really cool combo. I am sure Mara could give you some guidance on the ratios. Email or call.

Now I am curious. LOL! Haha! I want to try this. I did so unexpectedly well with Cuddly Bunny, maybe we are like, phero twins or something!

I have Topper, but I am wondering if there is a pheroblend that could get me close to EST.

Thanks Honeycake! How do you do with LFM? If we're pherotwins, you must love it!

I loved CB too, but since I'm wearing my pheros to work every day, I don't do alot of cops anymore. With the Est and Topper though, I'm getting amazing thoughtfulness and consideration from the guy I work with, which is really nice since our recent problems. Just another step toward getting back to normal. Actually, the thoughtfulness is a little better than "normal" was before.

I'm just not sure how well this will work as a blend, rather than layered. It seems like it would be the same to me, but then again I don't know that much about how pheros work, so I could be wrong.

Amalthea, I'm not yet au fait with the pheros and how they work (I've read the wiki but I still don't know it all off the top of my head) so do you mind explaining a bit of the effect you'd expect/hope for with this blend? Just curious as your idea sounds interesting -- and very uplifting and shiny.

Edited by donsie

Well, what I'm getting now from Est with Topper is super thoughtful, super considerate treatment. I mean like WAY beyond normal expectations. And this is mostly from a guy who I already know for a fact isn't interested in me romantically. I'd really just like the same effect without having to buy both Est and Topper.

Hi Amalthea!

I do pretty well with LFM. I wore it maybe twice, but it was a positive mixed bag. I had sexually ineterested hits from men and I had respect hits from other men. Women were nice too. So LFM could go either way for me sexual or social.

Cuddly Bunny is a hit for me. It was crazy the kind of hits that I got from it!

It good to hear that things are smoothing out with the guy. :)

You know I think you may have a new blend here! I really want to see how this turns out. Wishing you luck.

Thanks Honeycake! How do you do with LFM? If we're pherotwins, you must love it!

I loved CB too, but since I'm wearing my pheros to work every day, I don't do alot of cops anymore. With the Est and Topper though, I'm getting amazing thoughtfulness and consideration from the guy I work with, which is really nice since our recent problems. Just another step toward getting back to normal. Actually, the thoughtfulness is a little better than "normal" was before.

I'm just not sure how well this will work as a blend, rather than layered. It seems like it would be the same to me, but then again I don't know that much about how pheros work, so I could be wrong.

It's funny Honeycake, I think my body chemistry does weird things with pheros. With LFM I usually get either a playful happy respect or good communication, or a combination of the two. I don't think those are really the intended/usual results.

I think I'm going to have to lay off the Est for a few days, since sometimes heavy Est blends can make me weepy (it is the pregnancy phero, so that makes sense I guess), and now (tmi...sorry) I'm pms'ing which ALWAYS makes me weepy. Today was like, I wanted to either cry or punch someone almost every minute of the day. But dang, I'm going to miss my Est/Topper treatment! I mean, today I had the guy running from another room to where I was, just so he could open a door for me...I wasn't carrying anything, there was no reason I couldn't open my own door...this is not normal. But I like it.

Anyway, I'll have to do some more testing and thinking in a few days, once I get back to normal and don't feel like I'm on the verge of tears every second. I don't have a fb I desperately need in February(yet! lol), so I might just make the leap and try making my own phero:) I'll just hate it if it turns out to be an expensive disaster:/

I was layering Topper w/ scented Cougar, & went ahead & took the plunge on boosting a bottle of it with Topper. It worked out great for me. If the ratio you're used to using is full strength Est. w/ 1/3rd strength Topper (in Strange Attractors), maybe you should just get a bottle of Strange Attractors boosted with Est.. If that perfume is still available

Edited by Beccah

This is why I think we may be similar phero wise! LOL! For example PP is a social and it was giving me all kinds of sexual male attention. I got the same result as you with LFM. It is odd. I know the pheros are intended one way, but sometimes they play out so differently I have found with my testing so far.

So sorry you have been on the roller coaster ride emotionally. Now the only thing that is different for me is that I tend not to get any self effects. The only exception is cops and Levitation.

((Amalthea))

It's funny Honeycake, I think my body chemistry does weird things with pheros. With LFM I usually get either a playful happy respect or good communication, or a combination of the two. I don't think those are really the intended/usual results.

I think I'm going to have to lay off the Est for a few days, since sometimes heavy Est blends can make me weepy (it is the pregnancy phero, so that makes sense I guess), and now (tmi...sorry) I'm pms'ing which ALWAYS makes me weepy. Today was like, I wanted to either cry or punch someone almost every minute of the day. But dang, I'm going to miss my Est/Topper treatment! I mean, today I had the guy running from another room to where I was, just so he could open a door for me...I wasn't carrying anything, there was no reason I couldn't open my own door...this is not normal. But I like it.

Anyway, I'll have to do some more testing and thinking in a few days, once I get back to normal and don't feel like I'm on the verge of tears every second. I don't have a fb I desperately need in February(yet! lol), so I might just make the leap and try making my own phero:) I'll just hate it if it turns out to be an expensive disaster:/

Edited by Honeycake

Honeycake, I don't usually get many self-effects either, and almost never any positive ones! Usually the only time I notice any phero effects is when it's something bad, sadly, like the weepy with Est or if I'm close to OD, which happened with Cougar. But even negative self-effects are pretty rare for me. I did wear Garland and Lace yesterday, and I was really dizzy for a while, but I get vertigo anyway, so I'm not sure it was the phero. I've tried UN lace with hardly any noticeable effects (on myself or others), but for G&L the hits were definite and obvious!

I haven't tried PP yet, it's mainly a-nol, right? I don't tend to get alot of hits from a-nol usually, so I haven't been in a big hurry to try the a-nol blends. I can't believe that I'm thinking of making my own blend, and I'm including a-nol!

Beccah, I never would have thought of boosting a perfume that already has a phero blend with a second phero blend...why have I never thought of that?

Cinnamonmel, I'm actually not a big fan of the scent in Strange Attractors...I got the sample mainly so that I could try out Topper. It's light enough, though, that I wear it anyway. To me it almost smells like a hairspray or something along those lines, so I don't think it takes away from whatever other perfume I'm wearing.

Not sure if the ratios would be close to what you need but Lace and DHEAS would be an idea. DHEAS are cheaper than EST and Lace has Est. Say a 50% DHEAS and 50% Lace blend. Or maybe 40/60

ETA: I see Hearts already suggested that pair. Sorry

Edited by irish eyes

Halo, I've tried my UN lace in varying amounts, without alot of results. Honestly, I'm baffled. It's been a while, maybe I should give it another shot.

Also, I wore G&L Tuesday with extremely good results (just posted a review, actually). Again - baffled.

Yes I agree with halo. UN Lace is stronger than in Garland and Lace or any of the Lace enhanced scents.

Hey cinnamonmel, Strange Attractors is for sale on the artfire site right now! Too bad I don't like the scent more, I would buy it for the Topper.

My UN lace is a spray, and I've tried different amounts - from one spray up to about six. I don't think I can get less than one spray:( But like I said, it's been a while since I tested it, so maybe I need to give it another go.

If you had a perfume you thought would be perfect for it you could create a scented version from some of your UN. That way you could end up with another perfume blend with around the same amount of Lace as G&L. I believe the scented pheros have about a third the strength of the UNs (please someone correct me if wrong here?). I've thought about doing this myself- adding about 2/3 perfume to 1/3 Lace. OMG! I just realised I have a spray of LP Original with about 1/3 gone- I could totally top it up with UN Lace if this ration is about right. Excitement!

Yes a phero enhanced scent like G&L would have 1/3 the amount of phero that the Un or a scent one gets "boosted" with pheros. So that would be a close ratio. I have read that if one adds a phero blend to a scent, it can be split between 2 or 3 bottles. Just need to add that in the note for the blend. As in say you buy a phero boost of Lace at 30.00 then add in the note section you want that divided between 3 bottles of scent. That would be the same ratio as G&L. I guess it can be different scents. For example if I were to get 2 bottles of LP White and a bottle of LP Red and pay for the phero boost, I can have it divided into thirds between the three bottles.( or three completely different scents) Some do this when getting the phero boost to avoid OD'ing.

I hope I explained that right.

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm REALLY thinking of going ahead with this Mad Scientist blend! I've come across quite a few scents I wanted on the trade board, so I'm thinking I'll be happy with an UN phero as my February order from the site:) Still, I'm trying to figure out my ratios though. I'd say that when I wear this combo now, I go about 60% Est to 40% Strange Attractors. So, since Topper is 50/50 A-nol and DHEAS, originally I was thinking it would be simply 60% Est, 20% A-nol, and 20% DHEAS. But knowing that the Topper in SA is only 1/3 the strength, I'm not sure how that changes the makeup. I'm also thinking that I might slightly up the DHEAS and down the A-nol a bit, just from knowing how I usually react to them.

Anybody know how I should calculate my percentages? Or should I just email Mara? I know she's busy, I hate to add to the workload.

Edited typos.

Edited by Amalthea1978

I would just email Mara and promise to be patient while you wait for her to have a chance to answer! ^_^

Since a-nol is one of those that can make give you a headache, make you feel drunk, etc. I'd want to make sure I was right about the ratios before I ordered. You wouldn't want to get it only to find out the a-nol made you feel off.

So I'm REALLY thinking of going ahead with this Mad Scientist blend! I've come across quite a few scents I wanted on the trade board, so I'm thinking I'll be happy with an UN phero as my February order from the site:) Still, I'm trying to figure out my ratios though. I'd say that when I wear this combo now, I go about 60% Est to 40% Strange Attractors. So, since Topper is 50/50 A-nol and DHEAS, originally I was thinking it would be simply 60% Est, 20% A-nol, and 20% DHEAS. But knowing that the Topper in SA is only 1/3 the strength, I'm not sure how that changes the makeup. I'm also thinking that I might slightly up the DHEAS and down the A-nol a bit, just from knowing how I usually react to them.

Anybody know how I should calculate my percentages? Or should I just email Mara? I know she's busy, I hate to add to the workload.

Edited typos.

Strange Attractors is not 1/3 of a full phero boost.

It is 800 mcg as opposed to the 333mcg.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks Stacy! I never would have caught that if you hadn't told me! So I'm thinking maybe I've figured out how to calculate all these percentages. I think I'm going to write it out on paper, see if it looks right, and then email it to Mara just to make sure. This has definitely gotten bumped back to my March order:( ETA: I'm also dying to do my first PE, so we'll see which one wins out...

Edited by Amalthea1978

I'll be following along with interest, since that sounds like a great mix; Est tends to work well for me, as does DHEAS (a-nol is a bit more hit or miss).

Let us know what you end up getting, and how you like it?

All the calculations in this thread are making me feel a little woozy! ;)

Almathea I think it could be the amounts you are using, but it may be that the phero is not for you. I mean Cougar was a total bust for me. It worked, but in all the wrong ways. Maybe you get hits, but not ths kind of hits you want. Or you are so incongruent that people are kind of like wtf?? Or as stated before, maybe you ghost.

I am eager to find out how your mad scientist mix goes!

Almathea I think it could be the amounts you are using, but it may be that the phero is not for you. I mean Cougar was a total bust for me. It worked, but in all the wrong ways. Maybe you get hits, but not ths kind of hits you want. Or you are so incongruent that people are kind of like wtf?? Or as stated before, maybe you ghost.

I am eager to find out how your mad scientist mix goes!

After trying Lace a couple more times, I really think that my "sweet spot" is just very small! Even a little bit too much or too little, and it just doesn't work for me. And getting it just right is hard!

There are so many blends available.. Maybe you can find one you like that gives you the results you want in a more reliable way. Many talk about blends that are a "go to" or blends that are consistent in results. While it is different for everyone, I am sure you can find what you want here somewhere. I am going to try Lumina as a Mad Scientist mix. You may want to consider that one.

There are so many blends available.. Maybe you can find one you like that gives you the results you want in a more reliable way. Many talk about blends that are a "go to" or blends that are consistent in results. While it is different for everyone, I am sure you can find what you want here somewhere. I am going to try Lumina as a Mad Scientist mix. You may want to consider that one.

Thanks Irish Eyes. I have actually tried Lumina, and ended up trading it away. I would say my "go-to" blend right now is definitely LFM, it gives me reliably good results. Cuddle Bunny was good before I stopped wearing cops, too. But sometimes you just want something a little different, you know?