Phero for a Job Interview? (Urgent)

Hmmm what Phero makes you open up and get chattier? A little more extroverted? That might be worth considering Too. SWS is amazing for putting you in that Im a professional mode, gets you respect etc which I still think is appropriate especially to help you get the best rate of pay. But what is your bigger concern? Being professional or being too introverted? I think you have to explore that first to figure out the best plan of attack

I went with the new $ potion SWS, I don't have a lot of experience with this phero but it seemed the best fit. I asked my friend, one of the ladies was her old boss, what they were like. The kind of women who are friendly and looking for someone to get along with everyone or more business like and competency oriented. She said they were business minded, and friendly when you get to know them, that was a big help. I just got home so I'll see how it went at some point.

It's crazy for me, a serious interview and it starts with commentary about high wires and hula hoops and my eclectic resume. I tried not to allow focus be on that. When asked how I got there I told them it's just what I do, things present themselves and I just do them, that I haven't found anything I can't do. Mercifully we moved on to more relevant questions. Like how I deal with difficult people, the elderly, my organizational skills. If I can handle drunk bikers, inner city kids, and volunteer at VA and mental hospitals, & do all my own book keeping and taxes for my own business I think I got it covered.

I'm anxious about interviews, tests, and really out of practice. I'm also very aware that my resume could look like someone was pranking a potential employer and get scrapped immediately. I think I handled myself well and made a few funnies that seemed to go over well...

SWS- I need more time with this, for a solid feel, but I didn't get nauseous waiting for them in the conference room, I was pretty calm in my 10 min early, that never happens.

Oh, and I was very posture conscious, like in a natural way v's forced awareness, no figgitting.

Edited by Cycle Kitten

• 2 weeks later...

Update, second interview last week, third woman, sticking to $ potion. I wasn't sure how I felt about the interview but I thought I did pretty well, again it started with a comment about my colorful resume. I had a few witty moments and said a few things that seemed I should have been proud about.

FFW I was offered the job but also offered my choice of positions though the second offer did not have an opening. They felt like I would be happier in the other position so I have a choice. Now I don't know what to do, I was already scared they might actually hire me. I know that sounds strange but I've been self employed since 2001 and entering the workplace again is a bit frightening.

They felt like I would be happier in the other position so I have a choice.

That is killer, though, I don't know how many workplaces consider your future happiness like that! It means they like you and want you to stick around. Changes are scary, but it seems that if they're willing to work with you enough to make sure you're going to enjoy your job, they recognize you'd be an asset to their team and it could be a great fit for you. Being part of a motorcycle high wire act certainly demonstrates that you're a solid and dependable team player. If I were part of an aerial act, I'd certainly avoid any flakes as my partners! As they keep mentioning your "colorful resume," maybe they're looking for a little more color in own lives, which means they might not be a dull bunch. Go for it! You don't have to commit to happily ever-after. One studio where I taught, I was so conflicted over leaving, and it took me about a year to quit. They were so sweet, they assured me that it was okay and said, "we didn't expect you to stick around forever." I didn't know it, but it turns out jobs aren't lifelong commitments, you can leave if it's not a good fit.

Congrats CK! I knew youd get it. I think they keep mentioning your colorful career because they are either in awe of it or are intimidated by it. Either way, I dont think they are holding it against you. I agree with Eastwood. Jobs dont have to be lifetime commitments and you can just leave if you dont like it.

Thanks for the votes of confidence ladies. From nearly naked ( the costumes kept getting smaller each year ) to scrubs. At least there will be less decision making in the am. Ive been looking to get off the wire for awhile, being the only woman in the world, as far as we knew, doing it, it was hard to walk away. I wanted to make sure there was a replacement. Im not one to leave someone hanging like that. Ill need to remember It doesnt have to be permanent. No matter how shitty a day was I didnt quit,worked with broken bones, torn ligaments, and on crutches. Ive had rock stars call me a pussy when on crutches actually, right after riding a wheelie on the line in front of the stage. Climbed down, grabbed my crutches and was on my way to the bar for a shot. Dudes,...

Its certainly a big change but I feel working in a real world situation is good. My perspective is probably way off because of the freedom Ive had. That kind of profession cant last forever, Im certainly no spring chicken, and life in the express lane does run the risk of a fast checkout.

I do have some very mixed emotions about all of it. Part of me is thinking that the video I just finished is going to serve more as a short documentary than a promo reel.

Thanks dolls!

Edited by Cycle Kitten

Congratulations CK! I totally get having mixed emotions about it. Although the performance world may seem exotic and completely unknown to others, it was familiar to you. And yes, change can be hard, but honestly, it is the hardest when that change is imposed upon us. You made the choice, rather than it being made for you. BTW, I was self employed for quite a while, and, when I opted to take a real job (although there are plenty of people who don't consider being a flight attendant a 'real' job lol) at first it was a real novelty to have a regular payday. It was like wow, I show up for work and I get paid! No partial payments, no sending out invoices, just go to work, and get money for doing so. What a concept.

Congratulations CK! I totally get having mixed emotions about it. Although the performance world may seem exotic and completely unknown to others, it was familiar to you. And yes, change can be hard, but honestly, it is the hardest when that change is imposed upon us. You made the choice, rather than it being made for you. BTW, I was self employed for quite a while, and, when I opted to take a real job (although there are plenty of people who don't consider being a flight attendant a 'real' job lol) at first it was a real novelty to have a regular payday. It was like wow, I show up for work and I get paid! No partial payments, no sending out invoices, just go to work, and get money for doing so. What a concept.

I can only imagine the perplexed look on my face when PTO was being discussed. My head was "PTO, PTO, ....PTO, oh shit! That's paid time off! Whoa!"

I had always considered being a FA, having that gypsy blood in my veins, but have never known anyone to discuss the pros and cons of the profession.

I can only imagine the perplexed look on my face when PTO was being discussed. My head was "PTO, PTO, ....PTO, oh shit! That's paid time off! Whoa!"

I had always considered being a FA, having that gypsy blood in my veins, but have never known anyone to discuss the pros and cons of the profession.

As a flight attendant, you work your ass of when you're working, but get a lot of time off too (comparatively speaking). The worst part (boarding) is unpaid time for every airline that I am aware of. None of the crew (pilots or flight attendants) are paid until after that main cabin door is closed. Airlines basically look for people who are good with people, friendly etc. One of the more important considerations for anyone thinking about doing this is seniority is everything as far as quality of life, i.e. bidding for trips, time off, where you can go, and how good the trips are. And you can't be late. As in pretty much never. 5 minutes late reporting for duty and it's a write-up, 15 minutes late, and you're replaced for the trip and written up. Two or three of those on your record and its bye bye job. I know there is some variation between carriers, but the generalities are the same. I worked for a legacy full service airline, and did get to see the world, but got very weary of the jet lag. When I found myself bidding for the same trip, to same city, same position on the plane, and getting the same hotel room when we got there, I realized it was time to go back to domestic flying, lol. Also, unless you are working for a very small airline, or specifically bid trips to work with someone who is a friend, for the most part you are flying with other crew members you don't know, or only know well enough to nod at in passing. There are exceptions, especially for the small regional carriers, but for the big guys its not like you fly with the same people all the time.