Private Editions for FEBRUARY 2014

Potion Master

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished bottling everything and updated the first post to reflect the reservations. :D

Hearts - to answer your question about Strawberry vs Lemon? The answer is BOTH! I dug out this awesome strawberry lemonade oil to satisfy that sparkle. It's bright at first but settles quickly. Really nice blend!

And Storemy - who woulda thought the combo of banana and orchid would be TO DIE FOR! Good job!

Lady V - my Marilyn collection rivaled my Superman collection at one time. I collected her (and Bettie Page) while I was on tour, picking up what I could find coast to coast. I ended up with hundreds of pounds! I gave it all away over the years though, I helped two people decorate their homes with her from my huge stash, and only kept the nekkid pix for myself...there was so much I decided to limit my own collection to *Marilyn in Bed*. :lol:

My picture is not as great as the one you put on my bottle but this one has always been my favorite. There's just something about her look: innocent, curious, holding a secret... not sure exactly but one day, I would love to have this picture.

marilyn-monroe-with-big-hat-on.jpg

Mara, let me know how many bottles are left of my banana orchid (I can only imagine how awesome you made this!!!). I'll take any left of that one if there are some left tomorrow.

I'd get more of my mom's too but I just ordered the NRs and Hearts' PE. I might be back later for those if any are left.

To order your reserved PE, go to the PE page, and scroll down to the "additional bottles" option which has the proper price, $24.95 each. Make sure to write in the title of the perfume you are requesting.

Here's the link to the PE page: http://www.lovepotio...PrivateEditions

If it's too difficult to figure out, just email me for an invoice! :)

CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Storemy, I'm keeping a tab in the first post of this thread.

Gorgeous shot. I could make a whole thread of my faves....I love the one of her in bed, cracking eggs into a glass of milk - very sensual. I also love the one of her staring over the balcony at the streets of New York. and there's one with a bejeweled black velvet dress. I found a very similar dress in a second hand shop and bought it - stared at it for a decade in my closet...it never fit me cuz I do not have a long-waisted figure like she did. Oh, and that Chanel picture! I had a billboard sized one of those!

I had to go look at the cracked eggs picture. I love that one!! My favorite is the second pic with her looking down. I'm not going to get you or me in trouble for posting them, am I? LOL

marilyn-breakfast.jpg

sugarcane75-2009062181028-13-original.jp

Gotcha on the reserves. I'll put in mine for the last tomorrow morning. :D

OK, I have been sitting on my hands since these were announced, and doing my best to be frugal, but it's snowing like crazy outside and even though the temp is supposed to climb above freezing tomorrow, it only stays there for a couple of days and then heads back down again. Which means that I need a treat, and it needs to remind me that summer is coming. Someday! So--

May I please reserve a Beach Bunny Musk?

I expect to be doing a big order as soon as I get my sampler, so I will pay/claim then, if that's OK?

Also, is it possible to order these boosted (using the PE form), or does the fact that they are already bottled preclude that? (I want it either way!)

Thank you so much for these amazing works of art, Mara and all creators! It's a bright spot in a long hard winter.

I just finished bottling everything and updated the first post to reflect the reservations. :D

Hearts - to answer your question about Strawberry vs Lemon? The answer is BOTH! I dug out this awesome strawberry lemonade oil to satisfy that sparkle. It's bright at first but settles quickly. Really nice blend!

And Storemy - who woulda thought the combo of banana and orchid would be TO DIE FOR! Good job!

Lady V - my Marilyn collection rivaled my Superman collection at one time. I collected her (and Bettie Page) while I was on tour, picking up what I could find coast to coast. I ended up with hundreds of pounds! I gave it all away over the years though, I helped two people decorate their homes with her from my huge stash, and only kept the nekkid pix for myself...there was so much I decided to limit my own collection to *Marilyn in Bed*. :lol:

I love Bettie Page!

There are two pics that I love of Marilyn that have always been my all time fav.. one where she is sitting on a step wearing a gypsy sort of outfit with a green top and fishnets.. the other is of her in her Big Lebowsky sweater on the beach.

I tried to post but it would not let me. I also like the one where she is naked behind a peach chevron see through scarf.

Edited by LadyVictoria

Poor Marilyn. Yes Lady V and Mara, those are beautiful shots of her. Don't recall ever having seen a bad one though. I love her nude swimming pool photos from her final an incomplete film. T o me, they capture what a playful and free spirit she was.

Edited by Rose Blackthorn

I know exactly the shots you mean. The fishnet shot is a promo from the film Bus Stop. The scarf shot from her last official photo sesh. I could look at pix of her all day. What a goddess she was.

Yes it's from Bus Stop!!! Mara did you see the special they did on her with all the actors reading out her diary? I think it was Love, Marilyn. I cried a bit. OMG WE SHOULD TOTALLY HAVE A MARILYN MONTH! WE WONT TELL ANYONE IT WILL BE OUR LP SECRET! There are so many images and movies that could inspire great scents!!! For example Some like it Hot ~ bourbon, tobacco, smoke, marshmallow a tiny piece of lemon and a drizzle of honey and TONS OF SUGAR KANE

Poor Marilyn. Yes Lady V and Mara, those are beautiful shots of her. Don't recall ever having seen a bad one though. I love her nude swimming pool photos from her final an incomplete film. T o me, they capture what a playful and free spirit she was.

I love those too Rose.. I also love what a quick wit she had. A lot of people never really saw that side of her, but she was actually very intelligent and quick. I love Marilyn because of my sister mainly - I agree she is a goddess but I gotta give props to my girl La Liz.Taylor . when I was small I used to just stare at the Avon catalogue and DIE over her jewelry and images.

Mara, if it's still available, I'd like to take the last bottle of Make a Wish. Hopefully I didn't remember too late!!

To order your reserved PE, go to the PE page, and scroll down to the "additional bottles" option which has the proper price, $24.95 each. Make sure to write in the title of the perfume you are requesting.

Here's the link to the PE page: http://www.lovepotio...PrivateEditions

If it's too difficult to figure out, just email me for an invoice! :)

CataLunaLPMP@yahoo.com

Mara, I'm going to place my order for the PE reserved for me with my next order at the end of the month…Just to save on fees for you, I figure its best just to place one order with all the goodies I want….thanks

Omg Invidiana, your avatar, I love it!!

Haha thanks! The only thing that would make it better is the caption "I'm a kawaii moth. Your argument is invalid." :lol:

Mara thanks for cobbling together my two posts to reserve all 4 for me, next time I'll be a little more organized! You know how it goes for us right-brainers.

Make a Wish...and Blow!

by Spring

12 available bottles:

(Hearts, LadyV x2, CinnMel, Invidiana, IvyFiddlefox, Liz, Spright, Salex, StacyK, Cherise, Tyvey, Storemy...ALL GONE!!)

Paid, THANKS Mara :)

For example Some like it Hot ~ bourbon, tobacco, smoke, marshmallow a tiny piece of lemon and a drizzle of honey and TONS OF SUGAR KANE

OMG LV, I would DEF order that !!! :morph:

Make a Wish...and Blow!

by Spring

12 available bottles:

(Hearts, LadyV x2, CinnMel, Invidiana, IvyFiddlefox, Liz, Spright, Salex, StacyK, Cherise, Tyvey, Storemy...ALL GONE!!)

Paid, THANKS Mara :)

OMG LV, I would DEF order that !!! :morph:

totally want to do it! Mara does a good smoke note!

You got it, thank you!

I think your Beach Bunny Musk came out especially faboo! :)

Thank you SOOOOO much for creating these for me Mara! I'm in love with them. Beach Bunny Musk is heavenly. If I could have a signature scent, this would be it! Edited by hearts

Beach Bunny Musk is heavenly. If I could have a signature scent, this would be it!

Of course you can have a signature scent, hearts! It's just that, as an LP customer, you'll be changing it twelves times a year! :Emoticons04263:

Finally have my hands on Warm & Toasty and it does not disappoint! Omg I LOVE it! I notice that there's no review thread for this one yet, and I didn't want to start one because I'm not sure if there's a review thread "etiquette" for these kind of things, especially for PEs.

I can not wait to get mine

I can not wait to get mine

DD you will love it! I'm still trying to get over this sinus-y problem I have going on, and it's killing me because I want to wear this one out SO much!!! I'm only wearing super-soft scents until my raw throat and sinuses can handle more:(