Budding Romance

Beccah

AD-BuddingRomance_1.jpg

Budding Romance

A new love can often inspire intensity of emotion and extravagant gestures: skywriting, serenades beneath the full moon, recitations of bad poetry…well, it's the thought that counts, right? We desired to invoke the spirit of irrepressible affection with this passionately luxurious scent. A bouquet of three types of gardenia oil embodying the sweetness of newly-opened blooms, blended with tangy cassis and just a whisper of exotic nag champa in a base of rich fruity musk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

GARDENIA ~ Mood elevator; powerfully 'magnetic' for women, enhances visage, love, passion, peace, healing, spirituality.
CASSIS ~ Aids success in love affairs, and a magical representation of blood.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
CHAMPA FLOWER ~ Love, strong ingredient for love spells.
FRANGIPANI ~ Trust, confidence.
SANDALWOOD ~ Love, exotic, sensual atmospheric; aphrodisiac. Healing, spirituality, exorcism.

Not sure what the notes - cassis, champa flower or frangipani - smell like :huh: Curious to expand my scent understanding with this one :)

On no! Not cat pee! And I was thinking how sweet this one sounded. Fingers crossed no one's kitty has peed in my bottle when it arrives. :purr:

I am very much hoping it is pee-free also. I would love to hear from everyone that the cassis is light because I really want to try this one for nostalgia if nothing else. One of the first spells I ever tried to do was a lonely 13-year-old was some love nonsense I got at the mall. There was red glitter, for goodness sake, but there was also a vial of gardenia oil that I adored. Ever since then I have thought of gardenia as magical love potion, so it seems simply perfect in this perfume.

Donsie, I feel the same way about honeysuckle for very similar reasons, except my first attempts at magic were aimed at faeries.

That's so sweet! Faeries are undoubtedly better than boys!

I also don't think I have ever smelled frangipani before, but it sounds really interesting.

I know this is totally subjective and not a very useful description but frangipani is utterly beautiful. It is also called plumeria -- maybe you know it by that name.

Yeah, we have frangipani trees full of flowers everywhere round here. The scent is utterly beautiful, as Donsie says, and it blooms more at night. It's lightly tropical, strong, yet soft, and very deliciously sweet without being cloying. Although you can get lots of different varieties that smell like other kinds of flowers and things (rose, jasmine, coconut, chocolate, citrus), but the "traditional" frangipani smell is like no other.

Ooooo! I know plumeria! Or at least when I've smelled it I've liked it :) Oh man! So excited for that sampler to ship :w00t:

I was looking forward to this one because I am a gardenia fan (and I'm being totally unironic in saying that) and it sort of reminds me of Belle de Menthe in that the gardenia is lighter-toned. It is very much the center of this fragrance but it's a bit sheer, and melds with the other floral elements to create a floral heart which isn't too loud. Usually frangipani/plumeria is overwhelming on me but in this case the balance is just right. The cassis provides a fresh top note, it's not that berry-like as in other scents, just a clean slightly tart quality. The base is also very sheer and smooth...this is definitely the kind of floral I like!

This is really pretty. I am scared of gardenia in general because it tends to be loud. But it was soft and sheer and demure in this one. I don't get any of the other ingredients as single notes but they are there. Slightly tart but still very floral. Smooth floral due to the gardenia. It's a very interesting blend. Don't be scared of the gardenia.

The more I keep looking at the notes, I'm thinking this will be really lovely...not to mention all the wonderful reviews you all keep posting :D

This is a very pretty, juicy sweet floral. Very young. I felt like I was wearing a youth serum. which surprised me because I have a mental association with Gardenia and 'older women' in perfume.

I thought of my daughter immediately when this bloomed on my skin. It exudes a youthful aura without employing all the cloying, stereotypically ubiquitous notes found at the mall.

While I enjoyed it, I gave the trial to my daughter, she liked it too. I foresee a gift bottle in the near future. :)

Thanks to Mara for helping young girls everywhere break free of the herd! :heart:

This one is so not typical for me - I don't usually like florals at all. I've only sampled it so far, but I think I'm going to like it! It's a floral, but a very sweet floral. Also, it reminds me of something specific, I just haven't been able to put my finger on what it is exactly. Maybe once I wear it some more I'll figure it out!

Another gardenia fan over here!! I was interested to see how the frangipani was going to act because my skin amps it to crazy levels. (Not that I mind--it always really works!) But it doesn't!!! It stays nicely in the background and adds just a hint of pink floral sweetness. The gardenia is definitely the star in this, though. Beautiful and heady but not overwhelming. I'm actually not getting any musk or sandalwood. It will be interesting to see if it comes out later.

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! What an unexpected LOVE.

This is SO pretty and feminine and...and...some what sweet? The fruity musk in the description?

It's not foody, just soft and floral and absolutely LOVELY. I thought I would go for the orchid one - and I DO like that one quite a bit - but I'd have to say that this one edged it out. How gorgeous! :)

I don't know why but I'm not smelling anything that resembles anyone else's reviews. Just tested this earlier, and it came out very strong and had a kind of medicinal tone to it on me. What on earth could be doing that amongst this luscious mix of flowers? I'll have to test again in a while, but this is the first floral I've come across that doesn't agree with me. So sad, because everyone else makes it sound so gorgeous!

:blink: Medicinal? I'm not familiar with cassis, champa or frangipani. I wonder if it could be one of those? Or the sandalwood maybe? Travel shock? I hope it settles out for you - it's really lovely....maybe try it again in another day or 2?

I left it almost a week after it arrived in order to give it time to settle. I don't know about the cassis or champa, but I'm really familiar with frangipani and it doesn't smell at all like the powerful smell I'm getting from this. It's almost nauseating to me. Fingers crossed the "lovely" shows up next time I test.

• 3 months later...

I loved this in the vial (and I usually don't 'do' florals) even for the first 15 minutes or so. I honestly thought this would be one floral (exception) for me but after 30 minutes my skin started amping something (the gardenia is what I'm guessing) and it turned rather loud and plasticky. I just know this must be lovely on those that can wear florals with total abandon! I wish it stayed "wet" on me because it was beautiful while it lasted. :nice09715:

Edited by LoveStruck55

I was not expecting this to behave at all. I thought it was going to make me crazy angry because the gard can get a little bitchy on me. I am very surprised to report that this is very sweet and juicy. The gardenia is very light and it feels like it is dipped in pineapple juice! Very nice!

• 5 months later...

First of all, I did not know that plumeria and frangipani were the same thing. Learn somethin' new every day around here!

In the vial, this is nice enough to me, but not a standout. It's much the same on my skin. However, there is a slight undercurrent if that same "almost too much" sense that I got from the Sugared Tuberose--the "too much" scent which my nose translates as an "ointment" smell.

Full disclosure: it is Shark Week and I don't quite trust my sense of smell at the moment, so I will definitely have to try this again sometime in the future.

• 2 years later...

Budding Romance reminds me of the shampoo smell in female locker room showers after busy mornings in high school. I smell freshly showered and fruity with Cassis, equally floral with Gardenia, and the Champa Flower adds a reminiscent vibe - teenagers first starting to experiment with incense lol I think it's the combination of all these notes which provides a whiff of a typical youthful day, exuding the adolescent vibe, and not ingredients individually. Pretty genius :)

Edited by Ivysaur