Nola

Beccah

AD-Nola_1.jpg

Nola

This is an uber-vanilla fit for the delights of the Crescent City! Decadently boozy and mouthwateringly edible, we've blended Bourbon vanilla, French vanilla and black vanilla with brown sugar, pecan and dark resinous amber, topped with a dash of Sambuca and a tantalizing whisper of firewood smoke. To honor the city which inspired this fragrance, the proceeds from Nola have been donated to Habitat for Humanity-New Orleans, whose mission is to build simple, decent, affordable homes in partnership with families in need as well as to educate the public and policymakers about the importance of affordable housing for every American. To find out how you can help, please visit http://www.habitat-nola.org/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
FERMENTED ALCOHOL: (BOURBON) ~ Intoxicant, used as an offering or appeasement for Gods, used in love spells, and celebratory spells.
ANISE (SAMBUCA) ~ Sexual potency, cleansing, wards away nightmares, protective, purification, happiness, youth, psychic powers, luck, calming, soothing, meditation. Wedding rituals.
BROWN SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
PECAN ~ Money, employment, mental acuity.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
WOOD SMOKE ~ In addition to the attributes of whatever is being burned (resins, woods, etc), smoke is for cleansing, purification, renewal, consecration,
concealment
and celebration. It is also the foremost mode of communication from this world to the realm of spirits and the gods.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another one that I'm very interested in! The bourbon and wood smoke worry me a little, as alcohol notes seem to go overly-boozy on me and when I smell smoke I usually read it as cigarettes (which I dislike). But everything else sounds so nice, crossing my fingers that those two are light enough that they don't overpower all the other beautiful scents in here.

I was originally thinking of getting a bottle with cops but my guess is that this one would be able to handle Sexpionage, Leather or Dom very well.

EYA: Yep I just talked myself into a bottle of this boosted with Leather. Haven't tried Leather yet so it will be fun waiting for this.

Edited by irish eyes

^^It actually has 2 alcohol notes in it. The Bourbon and the Anise scent comes from Sambuca.

On my skin some fragrances with booze work well but others like Flambé have not and I've amped it to the 'nth degree. This is one that sounds really good and part of the money goes to a good cause so my fingers are crossed.

Thanks StacyK. I didnt know that. Two alcohol notes? Wow.... I would love to see reviews. :)

^^It actually has 2 alcohol notes in it. The Bourbon and the Anise scent comes from Sambuca.

On my skin some fragrances with booze work well but others like Flambé have not and I've amped it to the 'nth degree. This is one that sounds really good and part of the money goes to a good cause so my fingers are crossed.

I just got my package and next to my PEs, this is the one I most wanted. Granted, it needs to sit and let go of any travel shock but I can say right now that the combo is absolutely gorgeous. Everything is blended so well, I don't get yet any overpowering notes. This does for vanilla, alcohol and wood smoke (amongst others) what Katerina Suit did for leather, tobacco and chocolate. It's slow crawling sexy. I can almost imagine closing my eyes and feeling like I'm walking down Bourbon Street again. Can't wait to try this after it settles a bit. Everything so far is utterly gorgeous beyond reason!!!

"I can almost imagine closing my eyes and feeling like I'm walking down Bourbon Street again."

Glad to hear that Stormey, I was hoping the Bourbon would blend smooth enough to trigger good times.. my best blurred memories are from Bourbon Street.

:cat690: Oh! YAY! What a great first review! I went FB on this and am very eager to get my mitts on it and - likely - SLATHER!

I just got my package and next to my PEs, this is the one I most wanted. Granted, it needs to sit and let go of any travel shock but I can say right now that the combo is absolutely gorgeous. Everything is blended so well, I don't get yet any overpowering notes. This does for vanilla, alcohol and wood smoke (amongst others) what Katerina Suit did for leather, tobacco and chocolate. It's slow crawling sexy. I can almost imagine closing my eyes and feeling like I'm walking down Bourbon Street again. Can't wait to try this after it settles a bit. Everything so far is utterly gorgeous beyond reason!!!

THis is an amazing review…. I can not wait to get mine…. I'm thinking I might pair it with SS4W

OMG you are KILLING me, Storemy! :-) Thanks for the enticing update!

This is an interesting one. In the vial I could smell almost nothing! Travel shock maybe. But once I put it on it EXPLODED in vanilla, pecan (very very very fresh pecans - I felt like they were being crushed and ground all around me) and a bit of smoke. About a minute later that LPMP not-a-cigarette DEAD SEXY pale smoke came through. Eyes roll back of head stuff here.

I really want to like this as I am a huge vanilla lover. I do love it for the first twenty minutes or so. I especially like it while wet as the sambuca does this neat almost tingly thing that I find very interesting. Sadly I do not like brown sugar and pecans. Brown sugar gets treacley and overbearingly sweet and cloying on me. It takes about 40 minutes to get to that point in Nola. Had to wash it off. For those of you who love brown sugar this is a great one and I am sure it will fly off the shelves as this is a very popular genre here.

It went on very pointy and sharp for me, and took about twenty minutes of dry down for the pecans and vanilla to appear. The vanilla and pecans were what first attracted me, so I guess I'll just be happy with my lovely trial vial. The smoke note IS gorgeous, as Tyvey said, though, but my stupid skin chemistry fights everything else in it.

This is an interesting one. In the vial I could smell almost nothing! Travel shock maybe. But once I put it on it EXPLODED in vanilla, pecan (very very very fresh pecans - I felt like they were being crushed and ground all around me) and a bit of smoke. About a minute later that LPMP not-a-cigarette DEAD SEXY pale smoke came through. Eyes roll back of head stuff here.

The smoke is what convinced me to get a sampler and this one too because there were some that I was on the fence about but Mara does a fuck me know in my silk panties smokey breath kind of smoke that I cannot pass up.

It went on very pointy and sharp for me, and took about twenty minutes of dry down for the pecans and vanilla to appear. The vanilla and pecans were what first attracted me, so I guess I'll just be happy with my lovely trial vial. The smoke note IS gorgeous, as Tyvey said, though, but my stupid skin chemistry fights everything else in it.

Could you explain what was "pointy" for you when applied? was it the alcohol notes? or something else??

I love LPs "Woodsmoke" note. Then add vanilla to that and I'm in love.

This is mostly bourbon on my skin. Right now it's all bourbon with a splash of Anise and an undercurrent of brown sugar with just a hint of sticky amber. I get just the very faintest trace of the smoke, but not really. No vanilla yet. This is a complex blend and if my skin would stop amping the bourbon to heaven & back I could really like it.

I'm thinking this is another that needs to marinate for a bit. I also wonder if this scent would play better in warmer weather. I bet it could be really nighttime sexy outside on a warm night. I'll have to try it again.

Edited by StacyK

Thanks StacyK I don't know if I will amp the alcohol notes since I haven't had the chance to wear one yet. I was hoping it would be a nice warm weather scent....now if the warm weather would ever come!!! LOL

Edited by irish eyes

Wet, I get an almost flowery vanilla type of evocation, but that is quickly followed by the booze notes. As it dries down I get a nice mix of the smoke and praline elements, and the vanilla blend becomes smoother on the bottom over time with a really nice deep finish thanks to the amber. The bourbon note is lovely as it mellows. This didn't turn out to be as gourmand on me as I thought it would but it's a really great smoky vanilla type, it almost reminds me a bit of Mark's Tonka Tabacum, the same quality of really rich deep vanilla with supporting accents.

hmmm, on my chemistry, it's like I poured a whole bottle of gourmet vanilla extract over my head and let it drip down my body, inviting someone to lick it off me. It's stunningly delicious and sexy on me. One of my favorite vanilla blends I've ever done. I am surprised how different skin chemistries are reacting to this one, but all I can say is, YAY, MORE FOR ME! :lol:

Yeah I really wished it smelled on me like you first described it to me, I was all ready for the deliciousness! But I think maybe the alcohol notes caused it to go in a different direction; that seems to happen to me a lot.

I really want to like this as I am a huge vanilla lover. I do love it for the first twenty minutes or so. I especially like it while wet as the sambuca does this neat almost tingly thing that I find very interesting. Sadly I do not like brown sugar and pecans. Brown sugar gets treacley and overbearingly sweet and cloying on me. It takes about 40 minutes to get to that point in Nola. Had to wash it off. For those of you who love brown sugar this is a great one and I am sure it will fly off the shelves as this is a very popular genre here.

I held off on this b/c of the smoke… Did you get any smoke? I do love Brown sugar and pecans, but there are too many notes that give me pause in this…. Anyone out there who suffers from plastic vanilla reaction? If so, did you try this one and amp the V?

Raq, I've had some vanillas go plasticky on me, but Nola does not. And the smoke note here is just a hint for me, I don't actually smell smoke, it's kind of like the smoke in Phantom's Breath... just adds a bit of warmth to it.

The vanillas are mouth-watering at first, just beautiful. They dry down and the brown sugar and amber come out more. This really reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. I really like it!

Could you explain what was "pointy" for you when applied? was it the alcohol notes? or something else??

Irish eyes, I'm so sorry -- I just now saw this!

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking it may have been the alcohol notes. Everything else I was familiar with, and the sweet/fruity/nutty notes didn't make an appearance until later. I'm hoping maybe with some time and settling down, this one may work better for me.

hmmm, on my chemistry, it's like I poured a whole bottle of gourmet vanilla extract over my head and let it drip down my body, inviting someone to lick it off me. It's stunningly delicious and sexy on me. One of my favorite vanilla blends I've ever done. I am surprised how different skin chemistries are reacting to this one, but all I can say is, YAY, MORE FOR ME! :lol:

You AND me!! I love Nola. I've gotten the chance to wear this a couple of times during the day (and at night) and I adore the combination of scents. I hadn't considered a bottle of vanilla extract but I can see why you would say that. The thought that I always get when I wear this is imagining having a vanilla perfume on and walking down a street on a summer night, a cool breeze, alcohol, desserts baking and being eaten from a cafe with the scents floating on a breeze. I always envision walking down a busy, bustling street at night and having a wonderful time.

In a side note, last night I wore this one to bed and I could still smell it come morning. It layers AWESOME with Rocket Fuel. It actually made it a little darker, richer like the earlier version of Rocket Fuel w/BI.

Edited by StoremyWhether

These reviews got me worried....

I depends on your chemistry. I can amp alcohol notes to distraction. But, I have a few great LPs where it plays nicely on my skin. The only way to know definitively is to try it.

I'm giving Nola another go today. Im really hoping to get some of the woodsmoke and for a nice Bourbon spiced vanilla. Wish me luck.

Wishing you luck! Let us know how it works out! :)

I depends on your chemistry. I can amp alcohol notes to distraction. But, I have a few great LPs where it plays nicely on my skin. The only way to know definitively is to try it.
I'm giving Nola another go today. Im really hoping to get some of the woodsmoke and for a nice Bourbon spiced vanilla. Wish me luck.