Nola

Beccah

Mmm! Thanks for the delicious review - and reminding me to pull this one out again! I was in love at first snuffle and know the burning desire to be sure to get a FB :D This is so decadent and alluring. I get the syrupy vanilla in it and though it may not be the leading player it surely is standing to the front of the stage - just absolutely gorgeous all around :heart: I totally love that bourbony goodness - completely swoon worthy!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm! Thanks for the delicious review - and reminding me to pull this one out again! I was in love at first snuffle and know the burning desire to be sure to get a FB :D This is so decadent and alluring. I get the syrupy vanilla in it and though it may not be the leading player it surely is standing to the front of the stage - just absolutely gorgeous all around :heart: I totally love that bourbony goodness - completely swoon worthy!

Thanks NuTrix - and you are so right about the vanilla - all of a sudden it pops back out in it's fully bodied delicousness. I swear it gets better the more I wear it can't wait to see how it ages, if my FB (on the way soon) holds up that long. Heehee. Yes the boozy notes are perfect too. Maybe no one else will like it as much as we do so we can plot hoarding now. heehee

You've outdone yourself on the review, Beach Goddess. My nose and I are still learning to discern what something is and what parts of it I love and which parts not. It's very interesting. I suppose it's like taking a newbie to a wine tasting event. I have to learn my nose and the vocabulary, and then ultimately let it all go and just feel it.

Thanks Androstenol!! I read a LOT (and I mean tons) of reviews prior to my first order, so I kinda took notes from what reviewers were looking for etc. bc I found their format and info very helpful as this is my first time with any artisan fragrance area - and I hit the jackpot with LP as I see no need to look for other artisan perfumeries.

But at end of day, review should also be fun for you to write and doesn't have to follow any format or rules or anything. I just want to do my best (taking cue from the pros) - esp with such a complex scent. I think you're so right though about comparing it to wine tasting - it's so much fun to test like that.

Something I didn't mention, but I do feel like intent on this one is pretty strong - to the effect that I feel I have kind spirits watching over me when wearing. Very comforting scent - and it's so unusual, in a good way. I meant to reply to your post at same time as NuTrix, so I posted twice in 2 sep replies. OOps (sorry Halo and Luna). Also, as I put in response to NuTrix, Vanilla is heavy player and will jump out (in good way) at random times. It's a beautiful dark full bodied vanilla.

Maybe no one else will like it as much as we do so we can plot hoarding now. heehee

Now THAT'S a plot I can get behind.... :Emoticons04263:

• 9 months later...

OMG. . .this is heaven. This is exactly how Mara described. ..pouring a thick vanilla extract all over my body. I added some Blatant Invitation to my spray and I literally gave myself a hot flash followed by the chills. Not to say too much, but I don't drink anymore and this scent literally made me want to have my old standard of Bananas Foster minus the bananas chased with about 10 shots of spiced rum. Yum. Yum. Yum. The smoke is just a tendril on me and makes me feel like I am in a dark, hot blues bar surrounded by dozens of freaking hot slighly sweaty men playing pool. Yep. I got all of that with this. I also got a tight dress, stilettos, and perfect black eyeliner. This is so good I am afraid I am going to drink it.

I can also see you may want to layer it with something else because frankly, you are either going to get a trail of men trying to nuzzle your neck or people will think you hit the extract bottle neat. I smell like I fell off the wagon and landed on a dark couch....well, you get my drift.

I'm getting a full bottle . . .and a plane ticket somewhere southern.

If it were me, just EOW, that way you can layer with any UN you want. This would be great with a lot of things. LFN comes to mind as sultry combo, but I'm also a huge LAM fan and can see this with that too. LAM goes with almost anything. :)

I don't have any experience with sexpionage and very little with BI, so can't chime in there.

ETA: If you did boost with EOW and then layer with another blend, you may want to be careful just to avoid the cops overload. You should post what you choose, would be good to hear what others like to layer/ wear this with.

Edited by Beach Goddess

If it were me, just EOW, that way you can layer with any UN you want.

I DO love freedom to layer with whatever...:)

I was SO tempted to mix Nola, but I too wanted to leave her with LOTS of options...like BI AND Sexpionage AND BANG! AND...:lol:

I DO love freedom to layer with whatever... :)

I was SO tempted to mix Nola, but I too wanted to leave her with LOTS of options...like BI AND Sexpionage AND BANG! AND... :lol:

Yes, how could I forget how awesome this could be with BANG!? I love BANG!

I guess I know part of what LP I'll be wearing today, something layered with BANG - or maybe that'll be what I wear for tonight. :) I need FB of that for sure - only have 1.5 pheromas of it. Plotting next order... hee!

• 4 months later...

I was fortunate enough to score this in the sale and am testing it today. I don't usually like all perfumes at all stages but this one is an exception. It is rich vanilla extract in the initial application, I mean like the good stuff..the expensive stuff. On the dry down I am getting sweet boozy vanilla and sweet smoke. This is so lovely!

• 8 months later...

One of my first perfumes from LPMP! This stuff is a foody's dream! The pecan, brown sugar, and vanilla are so strong initially, and the drydown is heavily on the smoke and pecans on me. I do wish I could get more boozy vanilla (bourbon vanilla is probably one of my favorite notes, if not my favorite, ever), but the boyfriend, who has a way better sniffer than me, says the vanilla is there and strong. :) Even though I've never been to NOLA, it reminds me of the NOLA I would imagine from Interview with the Vampire, for some reason. A sexy, delicious nighttime scent!

Edited by Midnight Requiem

I think he's one of those supertasters so he naturally has a good sense of smell along with that... He's really picky with food, will usually make comments at a restaurant about how something needs more seasoning while I'm over there happily stuffing my face. We like to play a game when we go into stores that sell perfume and sniff perfumes and try to guess its notes before looking them up on our phones. I'm not very good and might be able to get one dominant note, but his snese of smell is pretty naunced so he can usually get a couple of the notes correct.

Unfortunately he's not a huge fan of foody scents (though he likes sweet), so I limit wearing LPMP sometimes around him. The pheros work pretty well though, and luckily I have a decent collection now of the UN's. :D

Lol. I'm a super taster. It's not all fun and games. My mom makes me taste everything to tell her what spices to add. BF as well as my parents make me smell things to see if they are going bad. I can smell things going rancid days before other people. So smelling bad things isn't all that fun for me. And I can be really picky with both food and scents.

Oh man, I had to actually ask my roommate to sniff some chicken to see if it had gone bad (ended up chucking it to be safe). Once I start cooking more, I'll probably either ask the bf to taste things to see if the flavors are okay or just delegate cooking duty to him altogether!

• 2 years later...

The best elements of New Orleans in a bottle! (How does Mara do that?) This brings back memories of going to Cafe Du Monde with my Dad. We would go in the morning before it got too hot and most were still asleep after being up the better part of the night. He would buy his cafe au lait and a bag of beignets and I would end up coated in powdered sugar.