In looking forward the upcoming summer months (getting excited), it occurred to me that the pheros/cops may be impacted by some activities associated with summer. I couldn't find anything posted already, so hoping this is the first time it's been asked. Apologies if this is a duplicate topic.

Wanted to get your input please:

• Are pheros affected by swimming? Mind you, I'm not someone who does laps or anything extensive, but will take a quick dip int the water to cool off.
  • Does it matter if in fresh water or salt water? (ie, lake or ocean)
  • I saw someone post about citrus (I think) causing photo-sensitivity. Do any of the other ingredients need special considerations with regards to sun and water?
  • Any tips on things to consider if not going to be in the water, but may be outside for several hours (hence, sweating)?
  • Does deliver and/or base need to be considered? ie, roll-on, spray ... oil, alcohol, silicone

Many thanks!

These are good questions.

I don't know if pheros are affected by swimming, but I do know that sometimes when I bathe and even apply witch hazel I sometimes have a hard time getting fragrances off completely. I use the fragrances to gauge the pheros if that makes sense. So for me they kind of have to wear off.

I think in addition to citrus - cinnamon is something you have to be careful with in the sun.

If you are going to be outside and sweating, then that means that your temp is higher and your body heat would make you diffuse more. I would think a spray that had higher ratio of alcohol in it would burn off your skin faster under these conditions. So perhaps an oil roll on would be better.

Hope others chime in...

After you swim or sweat a lot you will need to reapply.

Yes.

Plus if you are outside, the wind will usually disperse the pheros to the point they are not really effective in my experience.

Edited by quietguy

Hi QG!

I didn't know this...wind has an effect on pheros? Maybe that was my problem this winter instead of cold.

Yes.

Plus if you are outside, the wind will usually disperse the pheros to the point they are not really effective in my experience.

@HC: Yes - pheromones (like perfumes) rely on diffusion to work. If you are outside, you usually get so much diffusion (unless your target is very close to you) that they are too weak or just plain blown away by the wind to work.

Thanks QG!

@HC: Yes - pheromones (like perfumes) rely on diffusion to work. If you are outside, you usually get so much diffusion (unless your target is very close to you) that they are too weak or just plain blown away by the wind to work.

Well, they seem to still work on the bugs, at least in my experience ;)