Alcohol, Health, and Pheros

I've seen mention of this in a couple of threads, but those threads and the mentions of these topics have left me with more questions than answers.

So, let me start with the first one . . . alcohol. In another thread, there was mention of being cautious with alcohol because pheros could increase sensitivity. Is there a post somewhere for into along these lines? I learned this the hard way while nursing a hangover at the same time I was reading in the forum . . . my normally high tolerance had me baffled when getting a hangover after two glasses of wine the night before (that hangover lasted two days). :(

The second question . . . I read where there may be some who chose to skip the pheros due to health reasons, but the reasons weren't mentioned. What types of health concerns would make someone prefer to skip the lovely pheros?

I know that when I wear Levitation and drink...I get intoxicated super fast!

I am not sure of the mone that makes that happen (maybe a-nol) or Dheas?

I have read some things about mones maybe affecting health on another board. I have also read where some people feel that mones can exacerbate an illness. I am not sure how it all works, but I have read that some people take minerals and B Vitamins in these instances..

Hopefully someone else can add something or explain it better than I can on this front.

I have no idea on either as I have never experienced a problem with them.

The only health effect I know that could result from mixing pheromones and alcohol is pregnancy haha! :lol:

Edited by quietguy

I have read that too but alcohol and pheros are pretty standard for my going out routine. Besides I have always gotten a quick buzz from alcohol so I guess I wouldn't know the difference.

Not sure about the health question either. I have been wearing pheros almost everyday for about four years and rarely get sick so...I guess all of this depends on your own makeup as well? If I am tired though I do skip the pheros. Unfortunately they don't help if I am already feeling draggy.

I've seen mention of this in a couple of threads, but those threads and the mentions of these topics have left me with more questions than answers.

So, let me start with the first one . . . alcohol. In another thread, there was mention of being cautious with alcohol because pheros could increase sensitivity. Is there a post somewhere for into along these lines? I learned this the hard way while nursing a hangover at the same time I was reading in the forum . . . my normally high tolerance had me baffled when getting a hangover after two glasses of wine the night before (that hangover lasted two days). :(

The second question . . . I read where there may be some who chose to skip the pheros due to health reasons, but the reasons weren't mentioned. What types of health concerns would make someone prefer to skip the lovely pheros?

I get a " hangover "effect if I OD on Anol and alcohol seems to make it worse exponentially

Quitetguy - You crack me up!!!

I did some digging and have found things that imply that male pheros can help female health when it comes to things like pms, menopause (too early for me), etc. Haven't found solid sources for that but it sounds interesting. And, wasn't Teddy BB originally for men, but found to be calming to women? ... or am I thinking of one of the others?

Pheros and cops are fascinating!

Quitetguy - You crack me up!!!

I did some digging and have found things that imply that male pheros can help female health when it comes to things like pms, menopause (too early for me), etc. Haven't found solid sources for that but it sounds interesting. And, wasn't Teddy BB originally for men, but found to be calming to women? ... or am I thinking of one of the others?

Pheros and cops are fascinating!

Teddy BB and B2 are unisex blends that some women on here use to calm stress and anxiety and to soothe PMS symptoms, yes. Balm Bomb is a women's phero blend that can be used to combat PMS, too.

Honeycake's right, Alpha-Androstenol/a-nol is the one that's listed as enhancing the effects of alcohol and DHEAS can give you an excited feeling, like butterflies, but too much (or the wrong situation) can sometimes lead to feeling jittery instead of excited.

I can't speak to physical health but I am sure pheros can be used to help with mental wellbeing. I certainly use them improve my mood and apply things with Open Windows, etc. to buffer situations that might be rough on my mental health. This is why I want to save up for a bottle of Topper!

Edited by donsie

Alcohol can absolutely mess you up in conjunction with pheros. I rarely drink with pheros on anymore. A few weeks ago I went out with them on (spur of the moment and was already wearing them). Had an awful hangover from just a few drinks. Here is a thread in my journal you might find helpful.

http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=7738

• 8 months later...

I read the thread posted above, but it's still not clear to me - do people stay away from pheros when they get a cold, for example?

Also, if I have a drink or two while wearing pheros, is that going to push me towards OD land? If I'm in a social situation (for example, upcoming holidays), I would find it a bit difficult to justify refusing all alcohol, when my family and friends know I enjoy beer and wine once a week or so...

The general recommendations are that when you're ill don't use pheros. Its extra stress on your already challenged system.

Most phero users notice that wearing pheros will cause increased sensitivity to alcohol. So use caution when drinking.

When I started using pheromones not much had been said about drinking with them. I found out that most of them can increase the level of intoxication you get from alcohol, except Empathy potion (Idk why that one seems to increase my alcohol tolerance). At this point if I drink, I will max out with two beers & be good.

With the illness, not everyone has issues with pheromones exacerbating illness. In my case, my illnesses were directly linked to my level of stress from being in an abusive relationship. Stress already kind of burns your brain out, so add pheromone usage to that & yes, the pheromones were increasing my issue with neurotransmitter burnout which was leaving me less capable of dealing with the stress & in turn leaving me more prone to that type of illness. Now I find they help with my stress levels, because the stress I deal with gets left outside my bedroom door.