New Releases for MARCH 2014

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamboge (will have to google what that means! But it looks so beautiful and golden and honey-ish)

Wiki says:

Gamboge is a partially transparent deep saffron to mustard yellow pigment. It is used to dye Buddhist monks' robes because the color is a deep tone of saffron, the traditional color used for the robes of Theravada Buddhist monks.

A chip of Gamboge:

00319_NewGamboge-l.jpg

I was deciding between that name and Goldenrod, but I learned that goldenrod doesn't smell very good and I didn't want to put anyone off! :lol:

Burnt Umber is one of my fave perfumes for the month. And the name is just so CRAYON, I had to use it. I amuse myself.

I'm really excited about this month because since the new year I have been wearing a color every day according to my color calendar. Like today is brown so I am wearing leopard and Amber Amoure.. THIS WILL MAKE MY LIFE EASIER! CANNOT WAIT!

This all looks totally fab as usual :D

I'm especially intrigued by purple since its my favourite colour...pretty much 80% of my wardrobe is purple

I'm soo hoping purple is a scent with violets

Well okay, not a classic by our demographical standards, lol. But my kiddo always had it in his box of Crayolas which means it's been nearly 20 years now.

Well okay, not a classic by our demographical standards, lol. But my kiddo always had it in his box of Crayolas which means it's been nearly 20 years now.

Lol... ok, I'll cut you a break on that then. I've not looked into a 'modern' Crayola box. Maybe I should buy one? Wonder how much they cost these days for a 64...

the cat on the Atomic Mandarin label looks like my Sunny Bunny would look if someone plugged him in!

bwahahahahaha_snork :Emoticons04263:

...luv luv the labels and the iridescent fonts,and the theme of course,how clever !!!!!! as always will look forward to the LunaChick's scribings ;)

GEEZE! Am I the oldest person on the forum? I don't even know if my KIDS had the burnt umber crayolas! :10_small16: :10_small16: :10_small16:

~However, I cannot survive without burnt umber in my palette no matter what I'm painting with! :heart:

ETA- oh, LUUUUUNNNnnnaaaaa! Any hints...?

Edited by ElizabethOSP

How exciting! I stayed away for a few days to curb temptation and look what awaits me when I return! I may be greedy but I think I want them all. :banana058:

Was I the only person who had an overwhelming urge to bite into those crayons as a child? They looked so chewy and delicious.

How exciting! I stayed away for a few days to curb temptation and look what awaits me when I return! I may be greedy but I think I want them all. :banana058:

Was I the only person who had an overwhelming urge to bite into those crayons as a child? They looked so chewy and delicious.

You're not alone, vladmyra. I chewed mine once in a while. It felt good! :w00t:

My favorite flavor crayon was green.

Only if I unwrapped them/took the paper labels off, so I was sure not to do that too often!

I never wanted to eat them, but for some reason I felt compelled to shove 1/3 of the orange one up my nose when I was three! :lol: I remember my gramma digging it out with a safety pin (I KNOW!!! :o ) while I cried and carried on on her bed.

I was a clever child. <_<

I used to shred them with scissors as a child, and then smear the multi-colored shavings on the paper. It looked really cool. For some reason, I got into trouble for that. I got screamed at by my teachers and a note sent home. Square peg, round hole, I guess. :lol:

I used to shred them with scissors as a child, and then smear the multi-colored shavings on the paper. It looked really cool. For some reason, I got into trouble for that. I got screamed at by my teachers and a note sent home. Square peg, round hole, I guess. :lol:

Lol. Lots of teachers still freak out if a kid even slightly deviates from the norm. It actually seems worse today than when we were kids. Isn't that backward?

Ugh, the things some teachers do to square peg kids! Glad that didn't put you off your creative endeavours. I know someone who got yelled at for "subversive reading" in 2nd grade because he snuck books under his desk to read when he got bored in class.

I used to make my own coloring pages with a small light table.

And at my grade school growing up, we used to do exactly that, put the shavings between paper and waxed paper, iron it (well, the teacher did that part!) and make really really cool art designs.

You just went to the wrong school, Mara!

Ah crayons. I used to love coloring. My sister loved breaking them as I colored. Little brat.

I have to confess -- when I took my refresher courses in A&P I and II last year, I bought the A&P coloring books, crayons, and a ton of colored pencils and colored myself silly. It was sooooo relaxing. And invaluable -- I aced both classes! I have the crayon stubs to prove it.

So when I see our new "crayon" scents, it's a nostalgic waltz back to the digestive system and all 206 bones.

What, you don't see the spleen in Vermillion??

I love coloring - I use online coloring programs now too; it's one of my favorite methods of time displacement: put on my headphones, turn on the tunes, and color!

I got in trouble a few times at school for colouring in something the "wrong" colour. They'd give us an owl or a frog and tell us what specific colours to use on each part of it. So you'd end up with 20 brown owls or green frogs displayed across the classroom, all looking exactly the same. If you wanted to make a magenta-winged owl, or a blue and purple frog you were being naughty. That kind of dangerously subversive behaviour is just not allowed. :nono:

Give a bunch of children free reign with some crayons and where would the madness end? Probably in mass suicide, devil-worshipping and kiddy riots.

Or maybe, even when you're 5 years old, realism is deemed to be more important than creativity (even if blue and purple frogs do actually exist).

http://www.treklens.com/gallery/photo257092.htm

ETA: Glad to hear there are some other crayon nibblers out there!

Edited by vladmyra

Give a bunch of children free reign with some crayons and where would the madness end? Probably in mass suicide, devil-worshipping and kiddy riots.

Oh! That sounds like one of my weekly art classes at the local elementary school! The kids adore the riots, and I, of course, love the devil worship. *gigglesnort*

Dangit, I *encourage* the kiddos to draw things like purple bears if they want. I'm always, "EVERYTHING is an art supply. Art is EVERYWHERE. ANYTHING and ANYONE can be creative. There's NO wrong way to do this!!!" And they've heard it so much, they're like, "We know, Ms Betsy, we know..." Hee!!! And then the little buggers create freakin' masterpieces!!! They're amazing. They're inspiring. They get tired of hearing me tell them how wonderful they are. Holy SHITE, I think it's abhorrent that so many people have had their creativity squelched when they were kids. Sometimes I want to hunt certain teachers down and slap them silly. ARGH!!!! Yeah, let's force everyone into the same little cubbyholes. NOT! F&ck that!!!

Oops. I'll climb off my soapbox now. :) Anyone have a crayon I could chew?