Crayons: Atomic Mandarin

Beccah

Since Mara creates those accords herself you should probably post a question in that "notes" thread in her subforum.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stacy are you ovulating or on your period? For me I cannot wear anything with vanilla or buttercream notes during specific times in my cycle because I hate the sour molded cheese smell I get. I would wait a week and then retest.

No period but yes ovulation would be around this time. I will definitely give it another trial later.

Thanks!

Since Mara creates those accords herself you should probably post a question in that "notes" thread in her subforum.

I'll do that. Thanks Edited by StacyK

This was the first thing I tested out of the sampler -- in the vial and wet on me it is the most extraordinary confection of orange cake-y goodness, with frosting so rich and thick I could taste it. SCRUMPTIOUS. Definitely cake, but I got plenty of citrus. I kept picturing the most rich heavenly poundcake.

I need to give it a serious trial on its own to see how it lasts on me though -- a little ways in, I think it might have started to go a bit plasticky on me, but by then I had so many other things on I couldn't exactly give it a fair consideration!

I keep calling this one "Atomic Sunny" and "Atomic Bunny", 'cause the cat on the label looks like someone plugged my own kitty into an outlet! :lol: I showed it to him, but he didn't seem to see the resemblance.

I'm so glad I scored a full bottle right off the hop. Of course, it's the first one I tried out of my bag of tricks today. It's marvellous! (Goofy word, I know, but it really is!). It wears similarly to both of the Darlings, but in both of those there's something that kind of gently pokes me in the eye for a while after I first apply. Not so with this. It's a soft orange cupcake with a hint of pink frosting from the wet stage all the way through to the dry-down. Well, TBH, when it's wet, the cupcake is front and center, and then the frosting yumminess quickly fills the scent out as it dries down - kind of like the way I eat cupcakes: bottom first, frosted top last. I wish I had more of a disposable income at the moment, 'cause I'd definitely join the hoarding gang for this one. I could roll in it. After work tomorrow afternoon, I think I will. :D

Alright. This one is. Just. Stupid. Awesome!

It's full on cupcake first on, then almost immediately after...icing. The other notes have to be the manderin/tangerine/orange oils and the berries giving it a sweet zip - I just want to lick my arm right now....I need to eat more fruity sweets because I have nothing to compare this to. The vanilla and cream makes me think of vanilla cake and everything else is just the "icing on the cake" so to speak :lol: (sorry :blushing: ) Not regretting the FB purchase unsniffed here at all.

Eggers - I have always approved of the "cat nip roll" for any essential perfume...I think this one qualities! You should definitely ROLL in THIS one! :D

Ok so, anyone that knows me knows my favorite treat are those orange Hostess cupcakes. My boyfriend gifts them to me (good boy), I buy then all the time, I could eat them everyday if I wouldn't gain a million pounds. Lol.

So this was a no brainer. I loooved Darling C and i think I like this even better! This smells like opening a pack of Hostess orange cakes, with an extra layer of creamy pink frosting. I'm getting bright orangey, cakey goodness and decadent frosting. Next time I shouldn't be eating cupcakes, I could slather this on and have a cupcake moment haha.

I feel justified now, because I ordered multiple bottles unsniffed. I'm glad I did because I just love this.

I really like the extra pinkness this one has compared to Darling C.

Ok so, anyone that knows me knows my favorite treat are those orange Hostess cupcakes. My boyfriend gifts them to me (good boy), I buy then all the time, I could eat them everyday if I wouldn't gain a million pounds. Lol.

So this was a no brainer. I loooved Darling C and i think I like this even better! This smells like opening a pack of Hostess orange cakes, with an extra layer of creamy pink frosting. I'm getting bright orangey, cakey goodness and decadent frosting. Next time I shouldn't be eating cupcakes, I could slather this on and have a cupcake moment haha.

I feel justified now, because I ordered multiple bottles unsniffed. I'm glad I did because I just love this.

I really like the extra pinkness this one has compared to Darling C.

CUPCAKE TWINS! For a while the only place where you could get those was at the World's Largest Thermometer.

There's an AM/PM across the street that always had them.

CUPCAKE TWINS! For a while the only place where you could get those was at the World's Largest Thermometer.

There's an AM/PM across the street that always had them.

The gas station by my house has them. Sooo tempting!

CUPCAKE TWIN FO LIFE ;)

I wore this one all day and found that sadly, it faded pretty quickly. It could be that I just need to be moisturizing more, but my Sweet Pea Cupcake made it through a whole day just fine recently. I'm also still not getting alot of citrus, if any at all, which is kind of a mystery to me. Will definitely have to re-test, just hope I don't miss out since it seems to be going pretty quickly.

Slathered this on with a bit of LFN. This is so cavity sweet and delicious :lol: I don't know that smelling this delicious is the best fit with LFN in most situations...but since my guy is big on the foodie scents it turns out it was a good pairing :Emoticons0424:

This is SOOOO yummy! I'm going to blow through these no problem...completely going to slather...simply unavoidable ^_^

Edited by NuTrix

Slathered this on with a bit of LFN. This is so cavity sweet and delicious :lol: I don't know that smelling this delicious is the best fir with LFN in most situations...but since my guy is big on the foodie scent it turns out it was a good pairing :Emoticons0424:

This is SOOOO yummy! I'm going to blow through these no problem...completely going to slather...simply unavoidable ^_^

I have two bottles coming and I can't wait to try this combo out... I realized I still have my little trial vial of LFN!

I also have a whole bottle of unscented Cuddle Bunny coming and for some reason I think that combo is going to rock, even though this is such a gorgeous pure foodie!

Stacy are you ovulating or on your period? For me I cannot wear anything with vanilla or buttercream notes during specific times in my cycle because I hate the sour molded cheese smell I get. I would wait a week and then retest.

You know what, I got it the day after your post. Lol. I'm taking a supplement for skin and joints and that sucker is working like a charm. I usually have extreme back pain right before but no pain this time. I'm going to try this scent again today. Edited by StacyK

I also have a whole bottle of unscented Cuddle Bunny coming and for some reason I think that combo is going to rock, even though this is such a gorgeous pure foodie!

Au contraire! I think this would be GREAT with CB! The sweet~n~sexy would be PERFECT together! How much more literal of an interpretation do you need?! :lol:

You know what, I got it the day after your post. Lol. I'm taking a supplement for skin and joints and that sucker is working like a charm. I usually have extreme back pain right before but no pain this time. I'm going to try this scent again today.

I hope you don't like it because I still have not placed my order! I plan on getting a bottle boosted with GOTCHA!

I hope you don't like it because I still have not placed my order! I plan on getting a bottle boosted with GOTCHA!

oh Gotcha is perfect!

Well I jumped ahead and ordered 2 FB. If it doesn't come out I'll save them for you. :)

I ordered a bottle boosted with GOTCHA!! I was going to order more bottles but I ordered so much more stuff that I had to control myself

I boosted with Gotcha because Orange Cupcakes and silly puppy adoration that is Gotcha go hand in hand!

I have two bottles coming and I can't wait to try this combo out... I realized I still have my little trial vial of LFN!

Great minds think alike! -- I just ordered a bottle of At Man boosted with Cuddle Bunny!

Edited by Cougarrific

So just to report in -- my bottles arrived. I was a bit nervous about the spray; I wasn't sure if it would be too light, but I'm happy to report great success! I get the fabulous intense citrus and the creaminess.

Great minds think alike! -- I just ordered a bottle of At Man boosted with Cuddle Bunny!

It's a work day so I can't try the Cuddle Bunny pairing just yet... but I can't wait for that test drive! Or to hear about yours. Yay for foodie sexy!

Edited by Blackcat

What did you get for your spray type? 90/10? 60/40? I don't know that I ever got anything that wasn't 60/40 and always wondered if the 90/10 burned off faster scent wise. I think I've just always aimed for longevity over long distance :D

I'm going to be decanting some AM today to make a spray. I don't have anything boosted with Treasured Hearts so I think I will go that route :) I was going to add cops but I want to be able to spray my hair or clothing...now that I'm thinking of it...I still have the trial vial...I can TOTALLY cop THAT. How convenient will that be since a little dab'll do ya! You ladies are inspiring to me! :Emoticons0424:

I didn't think there's a choice with the perfume sprays. I thought the 60/40 choices ect were for Un pheros.

Edited by StacyK

Running my AM with TH...but I'm cheating a bit as I've combined Scotchies with a bit of Sexology and have that on my belly. I have AM on my neck though, where I can get great whiffs of it! Goodness it's delicious - I smell like a yummy bakery today! :lol: I'm taking the AM?TH spray to work with me for later re-app if necessary. All my foodie friends will go bananas! (or should I say mandarins?! :D )

Lol! Nutrix you are so funny! I am glad you are on this forum, I look forward to reading your enthusiastic posts...I bet you are a hoot to hang out with.

I ended up giving my sample to my mom who loved it as much as she loved Darling C. Was going to get her a bottle until I read her the notes of Lina's Fluffy Bunny and she flipped for that. I have half a bottle of Darling C in oil I may give to her since I have one in spray anyway.

Love this one. The jolt of tart, juicy mandarin is just fantastic; it really asserts itself in the beginning and settles down into a creamy bed of vanilla and meringue. I swear something here smells like a graham cracker crust on me (maybe it's the meringue note); the scent as a whole makes me think of a version of key lime pie where the lime is replaced with mandarin. Definitely a cousin of Darling Catalina but not a duplicate. If you love DC you need both!

The way you two talk about DC makes me wish I'd sniffed it, lol, sounds YUMMAH! I would never have thought I'd flip for cirtus - but this one is fantastic.

Awe, thanks MissD - I am a bit goofy but I'm usually giggling, even if others don't always get the joke...it's the really corny stuff that usually gets me - I'm hopeless...but I'm happy :heart::lol:

Have just tested my bottle for the first time, after letting it age a little. It reminds me of my childhood, attending parties with cake and jellybeans.

First few moments: strongly medicinal, with a hint of spice, reminds me a bit of the red jelly beans that never tasted very nice when I was a kid.

But- it quickly starts settling down, and the scent has been morphing into a sweet, medium-bodied pink and orange scent, with cakey notes wafting through it. Nice.

So for me this is now a lightly orange flavoured cake, with a layer of buttery cake batter frosting instead of icing, decorated with dozens and dozens of pink and orange jelly beans (which I did enjoy as a child).

ETA: Don't know how this happened, but this now has a slight hint of liquorice on me in addition to the pink and orange scent. Where on earth is that coming from? It's not at all overpowering, so it doesn't ruin things. But it is spooky and odd.

Edited by vladmyra

It's weird; I've sensed an anise/licorice note in fragrances which don't have it as well. I guess certain scents sometimes read as that to our brains because reasons (it's SCIENCE!). :lol:

Brains are very weird. I'm gonna hypothesise that the orange-y notes are doing that to me. I wish I had some other orange toned perfumes for reliable scientific comparisons... :smiley-char145:

Certain orange notes will remind me of a holiday sent. even if they aren't actually accompanied by the spice note, my mind will still go there.

Edited by StacyK

This is my second favorite in the Crayons Collection... love the orange notes and I'm so glad they aren't overbearing. My husband's grandmother used to make him a Mandarin Orange Buttercream cake every year for his birthday (so now I do it) and this reminds me of that "one time" per year special treat. Not that I smell like cake... it's so much more than that! Definitely a bright, happy scent. I think I'll pair this with Mother's Little Helper and see what kind of attitude adjustments I might get out of my kiddos.

I've been wearing this for the past four days (boosted with Cuddle bunny) -- and though I love love love the scent, I'm phero bombing the hell out of myself! I started crying Monday at work - one of the foremen told a touching story, which I know would not normally have made me cry. So ... I feel happy and cute while also crying at the drop of a hat. Very emotional – it definitely reminds me of being pregnant, that emotional rollercoaster thing.

My hits from everyone else are amazing -- I live in a world filled with CB responders! haha! I would say that people are genuinely enjoying being around me and I am genuinely enjoying being around them. But this crying thing ... argh. Throws me off balance.

This is an awesome scent partner with the phero, but I kind of wish that I had not gotten it boosted bc I would love to wear just a smidgen more scent – today I backed off to less than half of what I have been wearing and I missed smelling the perfume as I move around. One of the foremen told me that it smells delicious (I waved the bottle under his nose and his eyes just about rolled back in his head!) and I totally agree!

One thing I’ve noticed, too, and I’m chalking it up to phero effect – I’ve been seeking out the company of men (and getting nothing done at work!), just to hang out and chat and laugh and, well, be around men!

I may have to get an unboosted bottle of this to wear at work – or to mix with my boosted bottle to bring the concentration of CB down to half per bottle.

Edited by Cougarrific

Interesting. I rarely wear any one phero that many days in a row...which is why phero'd fragrances are such a dilemma for me sometimes - not unlike yours. I want to wear the sent because I LUUUURV it. I did put Treasured Hearts in Atomic Mandarin, but I've left plenty "virgin".

I'm glad you posted. "Happy and cute while crying." :lol: I wouldn't have thought of that from CB. Something heavy with b-nol, sure, but this surprised me, but after reading it, it makes sense. *scribble in notes*

Gravitating to the menfolk? :D Why you cuddle bunny you!

I may have to get an unboosted bottle of this to wear at work – or to mix with my boosted bottle to bring the concentration of CB down to half per bottle.

If I get a bottle boosted, I usually try to get a second unboosted one as well, for just these reasons.... there are times when I might just want the scent without the phero, or times when I want to add more scent but am worried about OD'ing.

Also, for future reference, if you didn't already know -- one of the amazing things LP offers is that you can split a phero boost between two bottles. I am a phero lightweight, so I always do splits now.

That being said, and to keep on topic -- isn't Atomic Mandarin a great match for Cuddle Bunny! I just love them together.

Also, for future reference, if you didn't already know -- one of the amazing things LP offers is that you can split a phero boost between two bottles. I am a phero lightweight, so I always do splits now.

Rarely a day goes by on these forums that I don't learn something! I didn't know this Blackcat so thanks for posting this! I found I get a little headachey with one Phero blend so this option is ideal.

I layered AM with MLH today and my boys were happy happy happy for a change!!! Amazing!