Crayons: Atomic Mandarin

Beccah

I started crying Monday at work - one of the foremen told a touching story, which I know would not normally have made me cry. So ... I feel happy and cute while also crying at the drop of a hat. Very emotional – it definitely reminds me of being pregnant, that emotional rollercoaster thing.

Cougarrific, when I first started using pheros I was using CB alot, and I found that it could make me weepy at first too. However, it did seem to slack off after a while - I feel like maybe I just got used to it? Anyway, hopefully the crazy emotional roller-coaster will subside for you a little bit.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone -- I hate that I'm having the weeping effect from my CB. lol! good grief! Atomic Mandarin is just so damned yummy smelling, I do wish i had gotten it unboosted so i could wear it like a big orange cloud around me! When I put it on it is straight up a GOURMET orange cupcake -- the kind you pay $4.50 each for down at the cupcakery and then eat one tiny tiny bite at a time with little tiny licks of fhe delicious creamy frosting. The one you savor the savoring of. :) ...mmmmm... Okay, I'm back. lol! but this is what this perfume is for me, which explains why I keep wearing it even while the CB is turning me teary. :)

• 1 month later...

I'm late reviewing this, but I've just now tried my sample. I was a little reluctant because I started out loving Darling Catalina, but it became brutal to my senses. I think the orange was amping too much.

Anway, Atomic Mandarin is similar, but softer and more well-behaved. It doesn't seem to be amping on me, nor is is disappearing into my skin.

:kitty4: I feel guilty because I saw this thread bumped and remembered my little orange kitty that I've neglected (CRAYONS: Mandarin) Actually all my CRAYONS (except for Blush) and my LP Red (very first purchase) are feeling very abandoned by me these days. I just keep looking for more and more scents and have forgotten the treasures that I have at my disposal.

This one has really grown on me... I don't get an amped orange at all, and it's not overly sweet. Just enough of a citrus fluffiness that lightens my spirit (and the moods of those around me) this one is a great pair with MLH - now that summer has started I need to break that dynamic duo back out. :KITTY_~12:

• 4 months later...

Wore this yesterday and I must say, the CAKE I SO delicious! This has aged fabulously! It's iced ,orange glazed, sugared, buttery pound cake! When I wear something that distracts me (happily) each time I smell it, it's a GOOOOOOD day :D

Wore this yesterday and I must say, the CAKE I SO delicious! This has aged fabulously! It's iced ,orange glazed, sugared, buttery pound cake! When I wear something that distracts me (happily) each time I smell it, it's a GOOOOOOD day :D

Exactly !!! ...this is almost as good as Darling Clementine on me ... special !! :hearts09793:

• 4 weeks later...

This is soooo fucking delicious! I don't know why I always forget to bring this one out. Orange dreamy, creamy cupcakes. I want to bite myself.

I'm in love, I'm in love with Atomic Mandarin and I don't care who knows it!

This is soooo fucking delicious! I don't know why I always forget to bring this one out. Orange dreamy, creamy cupcakes. I want to bite myself.

I'm in love, I'm in love with Atomic Mandarin and I don't care who knows it!

I feel the same way! This is an amazing scent(but really what LP isn't amazing?) I don't get a ton of orange after it dries down but the sugary sweet cakey goodness I;m left with is more than worth it! love love love this

:lol: I've been decanting mine into a spray and must confess, I fog more than a little bit.... :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

When wet, it reminds me of aromas my mum used to put in cakes, the ones you can buy in tiny bottles (similar to LP's sample sizes)... However, after it dried down on my skin, all that's left was vanilla so I kept reapplying it. Don't why mandarine evaporated so quickly...

Cutie.pie - the citrus yummy mandarin flits away quickly for me too. But I do SO love what's left. The same thin happens for me with Orangzipan. Maybe the orange type notes as to notes just aren't meant to stay around as long as lemon-y notes or grapefruit?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

I wore this yesterday and I'm wearing it again today and I'm so happy that this time it lasted on me. Even after washing my hands few times, I could still smell (Atomic) Mandarin, not just vanilla. So I'm def considering a FB (after my two orders arrive).

The best moment was when I was in the kitchen and my daughter came and said 'It smells like cake in here'! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Argh! Why do I read these review threads when I need to pare down my order, not expand it?!? This sounds like such a happy scent, and mouth-wateringly delicious. So far all of LP's citrus notes have worked really well for me, so even though I've never had an orange (mandarin)-based perfume before, this is sooo tempting...

Argh! Why do I read these review threads when I need to pare down my order, not expand it?!? This sounds like such a happy scent, and mouth-wateringly delicious. So far all of LP's citrus notes have worked really well for me, so even though I've never had an orange (mandarin)-based perfume before, this is sooo tempting...

I have the opposite experience, I place an order, and THEN I stumble onto reviews that make me pull my hair, cause these scents just feel like I mustmustmust have them. I just jot them down for my next order, but still, it irks me. Good for my bank account, though.

I have Atomic Mandarin, and it's scrumptious. Sadly, my skin eats up the citrus notes and leaves just a bare hint if the mandarin orange, but it still makes me smell like some rich dessert. Smelling it makes me hungry for sweets.

Guest cutie.pie

I have Atomic Mandarin, and it's scrumptious. Sadly, my skin eats up the citrus notes and leaves just a bare hint if the mandarin orange, but it still makes me smell like some rich dessert. Smelling it makes me hungry for sweets.

I think I wore Atomic Mandarin 3 times, and first time I wore it my skin ate everything citrusy but next time I wore it citrusy/mandarin stayed on my skin...

It smells yummy, I agree! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

I love this one so much! It's really yummy! :P

First time I wore it, mandarin disappeared so quickly, but it doesn't do that anymore. I applied it yesterday before going to bed and in the morning I still smelled like a nice piece of mandarin vanilla cake :)

• 3 weeks later...

I agree! I had no idea this was going to be so delicious. When I first read about it I thought, hmm, cupcake yes, orange meh...Then when I got it - WELL! I converted this to spray and FOG in it when I wear it :D

Guest cutie.pie

I agree! I had no idea this was going to be so delicious. When I first read about it I thought, hmm, cupcake yes, orange meh...Then when I got it - WELL! I converted this to spray and FOG in it when I wear it :D

Does the scent become less stronger once you convert it to spray? I love it in oil, it very strong mandarin-vanilla cupcake but I'd like to try it in spray so I can fog myself :D

Mara has a "conversion kit" for oils. It supplies a 1 oz spray bottle 2/3 filled with perfumer's alcohol so that we can take our 10ml bottles and convert them into full fledge sprays :)

I just followed that idea and took a 1/2 oz bottle and filled it 2/3 with perfumer's a and 1/3 AM. For me, it's 100% AM and still lasts and lasts...only I spray me, my hair, my clothes..... :D But I did mention that I FOG, right?lol

If you're worried it won't be strong enough, then you can layer oil and spray and have the very best of both! (and, yes, I have done this too :lol: )

Edited by NuTrix

I never go wrong with this one. I converted my oil to a spray and it doesn't get weak or disappoint at all. I tend to wear a small swipe on that I split between forearms and one spray in my hair. It is strong though and will stay in my hair until I wash it out.

Guest cutie.pie

I converted some of my oil into spray, but I must say, I like it in oil better. I love this one! This is the first scent that after 10 days of recieving it, I have only 1/3 of my bottle left!!

Well, I normally have no desire to smell like a cupcake, but I would have to make an exception for this one. I tried it yesterday and it is mouthwatering! The only problem is, it really makes me want cupcakes! lol. Preferably orange-flavoured.

I am sad that it is sold out. I kind of want a full bottle now. I swear it wasn't sold out when I first entered it into my spreadsheet? Or maybe I entered it wrong, idk.

Anyway, the scent stayed true throughout the day, meaning it didn't really change from the scent in the vial. Maybe it got a teensy bit more cakey. It lasted well, too--all day. I really like this one.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cutie.pie

What do you think, would Cougar or Popularity Potion or Open Windows be good choices for AM?

What do you think, would Cougar or Popularity Potion or Open Windows be good choices for AM?

This is Pop Potion all the way. :D

Guest cutie.pie

This is Pop Potion all the way. :D

Thank you for replaying! I guess I should order a FB of PP in spray :D I got an UN trial but, when it comes to UNs, spray is IMO much easier to work with, at least for me ;)

When I was considering this one the stock was very low, so I took a chance and went full bottle unsniffed after reading all the reviews. On me this is primarily vanilla cake with a hint of allspice. I was actually hoping for more mandarin, but for whatever reason my nose isn't picking up much. I tried layering it with Sugared Oranges but it's still not clicking for me. Don't get me wrong; the scent is quite yummy. I'm just not sure I like smelling like spiced vanilla cake. This has so many fans, I'm thinking about putting it up for trade so it can go to a home where it will be fully appreciated.

Guest cutie.pie

When I was considering this one the stock was very low, so I took a chance and went full bottle unsniffed after reading all the reviews. On me this is primarily vanilla cake with a hint of allspice. I was actually hoping for more mandarin, but for whatever reason my nose isn't picking up much. I tried layering it with Sugared Oranges but it's still not clicking for me. Don't get me wrong; the scent is quite yummy. I'm just not sure I like smelling like spiced vanilla cake. This has so many fans, I'm thinking about putting it up for trade so it can go to a home where it will be fully appreciated.

I'll take it of your hands ;)

But please, wait! Mandarin disapeared really quickly on me while wearing it for the first couple times, but after that, it's Mandarin all the way, every single time I wear it. My advice is give it another try after some time (and if it doesn't work, I'll buy it form you) ;)

I'll take it of your hands ;)

That didn't take long! LOL ;)

But please, wait! Mandarin disapeared really quickly on me while wearing it for the first couple times, but after that, it's Mandarin all the way, every single time I wear it. My advice is give it another try after some time (and if it doesn't work, I'll buy it form you) ;)

I'll hold onto it for a bit longer and give it another chance. I've had it for a month or two and it's stayed fairly consistent, but I also have so much to play with (I've gone a little hog wild since I found LPMP :blushing: ) I've only tried it a few times. But if the mandarin decides to stay in hiding from me, you got first dibs. ;):)

• 4 months later...
Guest cutie.pie

I wore this the other day, but with temperatures 40C/105F it just seemed too heavy... But it still remains one of my biggest loves :)

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...