Crayons: Carbon Black

Beccah

Thanks for the heads up. Just panic ordered an extra bottle of this along with Metamorphosis (also down to 2). Well I'm done for awhile now.

Sorry Mara.

Good thing you got it while you could, Stacy, looks like it's sold out now. I think I managed to snag the last roll-on. Hope that Mara has some stashed away somewhere, though.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The hell? I thought I had reviewed this one?? Ok, well my review is LONG overdue. Ok, so in spite of knwoing teh notes list of this one, I kept expecting something super incensey. I guess the name & label was messing with my brain. Anyway, this is one of my favorites from teh Crayons set. A beautiful dark floral scent. The honey didn't get smutty on me & I love this type of orchid note, but I don't think I've ever met an orchid that I didn't like ;)

Good thing you got it while you could, Stacy, looks like it's sold out now. I think I managed to snag the last roll-on. Hope that Mara has some stashed away somewhere, though.

Yes it is, thanks. I love this! I hope you enjoy yours too. Look forward to your review. :)

The hell? I thought I had reviewed this one?? Ok, well my review is LONG overdue. Ok, so in spite of knwoing teh notes list of this one, I kept expecting something super incensey. I guess the name & label was messing with my brain. Anyway, this is one of my favorites from teh Crayons set. A beautiful dark floral scent. The honey didn't get smutty on me & I love this type of orchid note, but I don't think I've ever met an orchid that I didn't like ;)

Yeah Beccah. I know what you mean, given the dark incensey usually turns to ash on my skin. But this is of course not incensey but certainly dark and a bit exotic. When I wear this I feel as though I'm in the big girls league.

So glad you like it. Now get out there and rock the heck out of that!! :)

Edited by StacyK

One thing I love about this scent is that I don’t need a phero to get a head rush with it. I could just make out with my arm when I wear it, it smells that good. I love the subtle floral thing going on with it – the black orchid is totally intoxicating. It’s a real smooth, sweet black velvet musk scent that I absolutely love!!! Whenever I want to feel sexy or in love with myself I put it on -- I wear this to bed, to yoga, or going out (not before 4pm, though).

After getting the sampler I immediately ordered a bottle and didn’t realize stock would go as quickly as it did. This is very much a “me” scent. But being a newbie, I didn't have the foresight to get more, but managed to snag the last bottle!

One thing I love about this scent is that I don’t need a phero to get a head rush with it. I could just make out with my arm when I wear it, it smells that good. I love the subtle floral thing going on with it – the black orchid is totally intoxicating. It’s a real smooth, sweet black velvet musk scent that I absolutely love!!! Whenever I want to feel sexy or in love with myself I put it on -- I wear this to bed, to yoga, or going out (not before 4pm, though).

After getting the sampler I immediately ordered a bottle and didn’t realize stock would go as quickly as it did. This is very much a “me” scent. But being a newbie, I didn't have the foresight to get more, but managed to snag the last bottle!

Spot on review, JudyO! I love how this one is definitively a "night scent" (and I too have 4:00 pm somehow as the distinguishing mark!) and yet it's so subtle that I can wear it in many settings that other dark sexy stuff would be wayyy too much for. I also agree this one has a phero effect on me all on its own.

Speaking of which -- is anybody pairing it regularly with a phero? If so, what do you like?

Spot on review, JudyO! I love how this one is definitively a "night scent" (and I too have 4:00 pm somehow as the distinguishing mark!) and yet it's so subtle that I can wear it in many settings that other dark sexy stuff would be wayyy too much for. I also agree this one has a phero effect on me all on its own.

Speaking of which -- is anybody pairing it regularly with a phero? If so, what do you like?

I like LFM or N.

Well I've had this on for 5 min and I have to say ...

I LOVE it!!! I'm Rita Hayworth, Lauren Bacall & Marilyn (when she'd show up in that tight black dress).

Old school. sexy, classic and a bit exotic. Those are the adjectives I'd used to describe this. Wet, it's perfumy.. the resins and musk are notable. At the almost immediate dry-down it becomes a velvety soft, siren scent. A bit mysterious. this would be great with LFM or LFN. It's all WOMAN!

The kind of woman you don't fuck with, because she's so much smarter than you!

She rather be living her life .. being fabulous, but, if you bore her she'll glance at her watch, because really....there's someone who could be appreciating her far more...and they are probably just around the next corner, so no worries. You better count your blessings and mind your Ps & Qs buddy..

Well dang, I have to drag out my sample and try this one again

Gotcha! for me.

You ladies are great to know which scents should be reserved for evening wear! And that evening starts at four o'clock as they pertain to scents. I'm clueless at this stage...

• 1 month later...

I revisted this one last night... The Crayons were my first LP sampler and initially I thought Carbon Black was too perfumey for me. Of course now that it's GONE I'm beginning to really love it. It is sexy and earthy and nothing like any other floral blend I've ever smelled. It says "I mean business" in a (non-threatening) powerful, sexy way. If I didn't know better I would SWEAR it's spiked with LFN. It has great staying power without being completely "in your face" the first hour. One minute I get floral, then next musk, then honey. And it all works magic. Black honey... what kind of bees make black honey? :Emoticons04280:

This is one of "THOSE" scents I'm going to forever stalk in the upcoming sale, on Artfire and in the trades... there's a reason why they fly of the shelves, so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

I actually didn't try this on my skin until today... I know. I was thinking it was going to be super strong and masculine or something. Well it's sold out but I'm glad I have my sample. It reminds me of darkness and sunshine if that makes any sense. Like the heat that is absorbed by the black. Maybe a black cat basking in the sun. It's very warm and I thought there was pepper in it at first. I can detect the honey too. I know I love oakmoss as well. To me it s a warm, comforting and sexy scent. It is perfumey but doesn't knock me out with it. It seems to be getting soapier in the dry down though.

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 2 months later...

For some reason, I dilly dallied on trying my sample of this. When I finally did, I unexpectedly fell in love. Black musk and I usually do not get along, so I didn't have high hopes. It's usually very dry and resinous on me. But this scent is so sultry, so decadent.. a little perfumey, but just drop dead sexy. This is one of those scents that I want to bathe in, roll around in, wear out on a date, or for a sexy evening at home..

This one sounds amazing. Sometimes I find that with all the NRs coming out at once several things will pique my interest but I"ll end up overwhelmed by the choice. When I look back on the releases months later new things start to emerge as really interesting items for the wishlist, and this is one. The reviews help with that, of course! Bella, you are selling this one like crazy!

Well. As an interesting little addendum to my review above.. When my b/f leaned in for a kiss, he quite literally gagged. LOL. So, I will still wear this for me, but probably not so much for sexy time, lol..

• 3 months later...

My first impression of this was "strong but nice." I wore it yesterday, and yep, it was nice. It turned mostly to musk on my skin, but a little sweeter than the others (SO MANY of them turn to musk on my skin! Why!?). Anyway, it's quite pretty. Sexy but no-nonsense. I like the concept of a dark floral, too. I can see why it's sold out already.

• 10 months later...

Black Carbon sounds amazing! Is there any LP similar that is currently available?

Midnight Rhapsody is probably the closest thing to it, in terms of an orchid scent. But only in mood, sort of, rather than actual scent. Feed The Flowers is a dark sort of floral, but with different floral notes.

Please please please pleeeeease bring it back...

I don't think Mara can rebrew it exactly - it was a smaller batch to begin with because she only had limited amounts of some of the ingredients and I don't know if she can order them again.