Crayons: Gypsum White w/Lace

AD-GypsumWhite_1.jpg

PAPER WHITE BLOSSOMS ~ Egotism, formality, sweetness.
OLIVE BLOSSOMS ~ Peace, power, potency, fertility, healing, protection, lust.
OLEANDER ~ A poisonous plant with the traditional meaning of "caution, beware".
STEPHANOTIS ~ Promotes happiness in marriage, stimulates desire to travel.
AMBER ~ Fertility, creativity, love, luck, riches.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~ Self confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
COTTON / COTTON BLOSSOM ~ Luck, healing, protection; return of lost love.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck, sweetness and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.

Thanks Luna.

I'm looking forward to this. going by the label it looks a little bridal but... I like clean white scents. I usually like the cotton notes. & Egyptian musk.

This listing is interesting. I'm referring to the order in which the notes are listed. Is the base mostly sugar or am I being too literal?

I can't wait for the sampler.

Edited by StacyK

or am I being too literal?

Too literal. I tend to list them in the order they were blended into the perfume, with the main concept featured on the top of the list, but the list order is no indication of how much of each ingredient is in each perfume, or of the relative strength of each oil. It's not like an FDA ingredient label, it's more for showing the ingredients by level of importance to the overall feel.

Too literal. I tend to list them in the order they were blended into the perfume, with the main concept featured on the top of the list, but the list order is no indication of how much of each ingredient is in each perfume, or of the relative strength of each oil. It's not like an FDA ingredient label, it's more for showing the ingredients by level of importance to the overall feel.

That's good to know. Now, I do remember Luna stating that the ingredients were listed as to relevance awhile back.

I think I've just become accustom to seeing Amber on the bottom if the list. So when I saw it in the center I thought "wow". Ambery, floral/clean I'm going to like this.

You surmised correctly! :star:

:)

Woot Gold star! Yes.. me too Molls. I was so proud for holding off but now.. umm. I going to slather that trial. It will be gone in two tries. lol

I am really not that into florals as a rule but I really like this one. It is almost soapy clean. Soft but crisp almost when it's wet. White florals are my least favorite but this is chock full of white flowers and I love it. It is in the same vein as Sneaky Clean. It is not lasting that long on me. I just slathered a few minutes ago and it's already softened considerably. I can't pick out individual notes.Gorgeous!

This is a crisp, clean linen scent. The musk is deep and dark and to die for, but the florals lighten it up fabulously. The florals blend well together, and I don't get one more than the other. I almost expected them to be the star of this, but it's actually the cotton!! (For me, anyway). It vaguely reminds me of a fragrance from my childhood...White Linen maybe?

This is very very pretty and feminine. It reminds me of a softer version of Sneaky Clean. It's almost like a clean white sheet drying in the sun and oh looks there's a field of white florals nearby. The florals aren't rapey, there's also something about this that reminds me of dining al fresco in Italy. The scent is very breezy and pretty, I also get a bit of sugar so it balances out nicely. The more I smell this the more I am falling in love with it. Perfect for romantic summer nights.

Argh. You guys are killing me.

Fine.

Off to buy a FB unsniffed. My sampler hasn't even shipped yet, lol

Mine either, I'm dying. But I'm gonna wait. it should be soon :D Edited by StacyK

Argh. You guys are killing me.

Fine.

Off to buy a FB unsniffed. My sampler hasn't even shipped yet, lol

If you love Sneaky Clean you will definitely love this. I know you like the clean cuddly scents Molls so I am confident in telling you that you will love this. If you don't I will buy your bottle. LOL

If you love Sneaky Clean you will definitely love this. I know you like the clean cuddly scents Molls so I am confident in telling you that you will love this. If you don't I will buy your bottle. LOL

I'm sure I'll love it! I ordered one :)

Does anyone get any amber?

Huh. Now that you mention it, no! To me this channels Silk & Fur. Truthfully, I haven't even missed the amber! Maybe it will make an appearance after it settles a bit.

This is the type of fragrance I usually absolutely cannot wear. Between the white florals, white amber, and linen accord, it ends up smelling like hairspray on me, and in the wet stage that's exactly what happens. The amber is a bit stabbity and everything else is too sharp and near-aquatic. But then it dries down to a really nice silky-smooth finish that reminds me somewhat of the original LP White and Karmiel's Silken Moonlight, Spider Silk, etc., and that is alright alright alright with me. I mean, I still wouldn't wear it, but it was a pleasant surprise.

Mmm, this is very lovely! Definitely in the quietly elegant category, so the comparisons to Sneaky Clean and X Appeal are very apt. However, this never tips into soapy, as both those do (which is weirdly why I love them SO frigging much!). This has more of a very classic perfume vibe to it (not in any off-putting kind of a way). It also feels less floral to me than LP White.

This is weddings and concerts and languid evenings out at very classy restaurants. And the label is perfect because this is definitely a sleek rope of pearls, nestled warmly against satiny bare skin. A true stealth sexy! Which I always love.

It's interesting -- it's not a scent I would automatically think of as a match for Lace, which makes it even more intriguing.

And now I am rethinking the big order I was just about to pull the trigger on.... sigh..... so much gorgeous LP goodness!

it ends up smelling like hairspray on me

I was trying to put my finger on the scent memory... it's clean smelling but not like X Appeal or SC but, yes, something of it while in dry down is reminiscent of some product brand of aerosol hairspray!

Once it dries it becomes a clean, fresh linen type scent. This one is not for me...the closest I've been able to come to wearing something in this category was CB '09. I'm just not meant to be a "clean" girl :D But I'd think those who are fans in that category would really like this one :)

Another fresh and clean scent that's a win. It's very soft and pretty, not sharp at all. I get a girl next door, soft cotton and warm breeze vibe with this. My BF loves clean type of scents on me and with the Lace add in- this is a FB for me.

It smells like fluffy laundry straight from the dryer. More cotton-y than soapy.

I WANTS DAT FLUFFEH BUNNEH IN YO AVI! SOOOOOO CUTE! :heart:

Hehe! I thought it was stuffed, then I realized it was a REAL bunny! Looks just like a plush toy!

I also wanted to pop back in to clarify something from my review above. The hairspray smell didn't last past the dry down for me, it was very temporary. Once it dried it was just a very linen like scent. I've seen some refer to a cotton scent and I think that's a fair description, not like a floral, clean soap type. This is definitely different :)

Sampled this one yesterday, and wet, I loved it more than the drydown, which did not stay as sweet as I'd hoped. I want white/sweet rather than this which is white/clean..not to say it's a bad thing, but not one I loved on first wear. I'll sample again in a day or two to check my initial take.

I bought a trial vial of this to have a run with the Lace phero. At first, I did not really care for this scent -- kind of sharp, a little floral, not really "me". But, I I LOVE LOVE LOVE Lace!!!! OMG! This is better than Cuddle Bunny for me (and i love CB!) -- and I'm starting to like the scent of Gypsum White BECAUSE I love the Lace that's in it. lol! I'm having a hard time not wearing this every day -- I feel so uplifted and happy and feminine and pretty when I wear this! I laugh so much -- and the people around me seem to hang around me for longer periods of time and we seem to share more laughs than normal. And just be in a great mood together.

I put on Gypsum White with a roll-on of cops underneath and that day was incredible! I was singing in the car, singing at work -- not too productive at work bc of all the happy chats I was having, but that's cool! I can deal with that! haha!

Lace is now my most favorite phero blend, no doubt. :)

Lace is now my most favorite phero blend, no doubt. :)

Yes! I love both Lace and Leather, in the UN versions. It may sound weird, but I love spraying one or the other all over my clothes and arms, just the phero, no scent. I LOVE how those two pheros smell!

So this one is kind of nice to relax in after a shower after it dries down, but MAN ALIVE!! Is this a bitch while it's wet or what?! GEEZ! It beats THE HELL out of my head! A tiny splat on my wrist and my eyes feel swollen from the beating they the taking.

Now that it has dried down it is bearable but I probably won't go through this madness again.

All I can say is WOW!! Out of all the samples I ordered, this one the one I was least excited about, only because being new to LPMP fragrances I was not familiar with a lot of the contributing scents. Now Gypsum White /Lace is my favorite!! To sum it up...this is class and sophistication in a bottle!!!! Its the type of fragrance I love. It reminds me a bit of Estee Lauder's White Linen, but Gypsum White has something which gives it that extra vavoom...a lot more depth. It's a very clean scent. I definitely get the cotton. Everything else just seems to surround it and contribute to its wonderfulness!! On me this smells like sheer Heaven....

Lace has also done its job...I certainly feel that "Marilyn-esque" aura!! Right now I'm feeling very girlie...just wanna do my hair, put on some make up...basically get all dolled up!! The ditsiness is there too!! Can't wait to try this one out on the men!! ;)

Gypsum White w/Lace is a FB...could not do without it!!! :)

Edited by TheBirkeys

All I can say is WOW!! Out of all the samples I ordered, this one the one I was least excited about, only because being new to LPMP fragrances I was not familiar with a lot of the contributing scents. Now Gypsum White /Lace is my favorite!! To sum it up...this is class and sophistication in a bottle!!!! Its the type of fragrance I love. It reminds me a bit of Estee Lauder's White Linen, but Gypsum White has something which gives it something extra...a lot more depth. It's a very clean scent. I definitely get the cotton. Everything else just seems to surround it and contribute to its wonderfulness!! On me this smells like sheer Heaven....

Lace has also done its job...I certainly feel that "Marilyn-esque" aura!! Right now I'm feeling very girlie...just wanna do my hair, put on some make up...basically get all dolled up!! The ditsiness is there too!! Can't wait to try this one out on the men!! ;)

Gypsum White w/Lace is a FB...could not do without it!!! :)

If you like this one, (Lace is fun!) you might wind up loving Sneaky Clean with Super Sexy for Women, and X Appeal with Sexology too. They both have the same clean sort of vibe, and the pheros in them are awesome! :)

If you like this one, (Lace is fun!) you might wind up loving Sneaky Clean with Super Sexy for Women, and X Appeal with Sexology too. They both have the same clean sort of vibe, and the pheros in them are awesome! :)

Thanks so much, Eggers, for the recommendations!! I will go to check them out right now! Sneaky Clean w/SSFW was one that caught my eye, but I hadn't checked it out in depth. X Appeal w/Sexology I will look at too. It's great those two already have the pheromones added! I will definitely get a trial of each, maybe a fb....right now I am feeling info overload with trying to decide which are musts and which will have to wait...wanting too much!! lol ;) This helps me a lot! Cheers :)

Sorry Eggers...one question about the X Appeal with Sexology....how does the tobacco flower and leaf contribute to the final fragrance?...I not familiar with its scent.... :)

I would never have believed anything tobacco-related was in X Appeal. That perfume has a really fuzzy soap kind of feel - like Dove, or some other soap that has a really rich, fluffy lather and leaves you smelling gorgeous after you've rinsed off.

But I do believe that tobacco flower itself is supposed to have a truly lovely fragrance. People grow it in their gardens for the scent alone - it's called Nicotiana, and has long, pretty tubular flowers. :)

I won't be going fb with this, but I LOVE Lace and will totally use up my sample...I'll either wear it ot spread cheer with it via oil warmer! I bet THAT would make the house smell glorious! It totally seems like clean sheets to me, but prettier and more feminine :)