Crayons: Indigo

Beccah

AD-Indigo_1.jpg

Crayons: Indigo

Indigo isn't just a color…it's a state of mind. Symbolizing intuition and the idea of inexplicable energy...the third eye chakra, creative and subconscious processes, the channeling of psychic energy and spiritual awareness. It is a shade deep and rich, possessed of a timeless beauty. Our fragranced recreation is mystical and metaphysical, featuring indigo-colored ingredients as well as those which assist in the opening of your Third Eye. A heart of wild pansy and morning glory with a bright dash of lemongrass EO, soft resinous accents of frankincense, benzoin and patchouli, and a smooth base of Egyptian musk and marshmallow root.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PANSY ~ Draws love, ensures your lover will think of you when separated, divination.
MORNING GLORY ~ Peace, happiness, harmony, banishing of nightmares, encourages spontaneity.

LEMON GRASS ~ Lust, increases psychic powers.
FRANKINCENSE ~ Purification, consecration, protection, exorcism. Associated with silver and the moon.
MARSHMALLOW ROOT ~ Fertility, happiness, creativity, increase in psychic awareness, intuition, love, protection, exorcism. Gently commanding and persuading.
BENZOIN ~ Prosperity, astral projection, purification.
EGYPTIAN MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
PATCHOULI ~ Soothes and uplifts; sensual, sexually stimulating, lust, fertility, money. Meditative and transforming.

^^ On me it is usually a herby subtle lemon or a brightening citrusy element. That's how it plays with my chemistry.

Yea, straight lemon can go either way on me. Verbena & Lime don't work at all with my chem.

They are all different. You just have to give it a try.

Have you used any LPs with lemongrass. There are a few already.

This scent may not work on me for other reasons but I got the sampler... There are quite a few unique combinations this month so I'm looking forward to some good surprises .

I am not sure if I have tried some with lemongrass before or not. I will have to think...

Yea, straight lemon can go either way on me. Verbena & Lime don't work at all with my chem.
They are all different. You just have to give it a try.
Have you used any LPs with lemongrass. There are a few already.
This scent may not work on me for other reasons but I got the sampler... There are quite a few unique combinations this month so I'm looking forward to some good surprises .

MMMMMM THIS IS FABULOUS. Was iffy about the florals, not knowing them well, and the frank/patch concerned me, and benzoin sometimes sends things sideways for me, but this is how I imagine everyone else feels about scented CB and occo blue. It's indeed blue but not indigo on me - more the bright almost pale blue of the sky at high noon in June. Fresh and uplifting yet creamy. In "feel" it reminds of Mel's creamy iris, and things like Sensual Harmony and Night of Delight- that kind of cooler, not warm/sultry, resin. A floral resin I can wear!! Also I would bet this covers pheros fantastically - will be experimenting with CB!

Egyptian musk can be iffy on me but it's lovely in this blend. The brighter notes on top are intriguing and as it dries down I mostly get the musk and the powdery qualities of the resins for a nice clean slightly sweet finish. I thought maybe the floral notes might not work on me but they're pretty mellow. I really like this, it's sort of a different take on ATO Aquamarine but more opaque.

The Egyptian Musk really comes through for me with this one, which makes it absolutely breathtaking. For me, it's like a soft summer night at twilight, with dark just starting to break and there's a sweetness in the air gliding by on a breeze.

This was one of those remarkable Mara treats where I slather on the sample and immediately go, "Oh, yesss!!"

Edited by Just Ducky

This is very very strong on me wet. I dabbed a little on the back of my hand and some type of floral reached out and put me in a choke hold. It has to be either the pansy or the morning glory, it kinda has that Avon in Bakersfield I got with the wisteria in Papal. Was that the one everyone loved and some of us were like... you win some you lose some? - I don't know what kind of floral this is that it just kinda causes a little aftershock in the middle of my forehead. I am going to let it dry and see what happens, but so far wet it's not really winning over the Lady V.

Interestingly enough this is coming through "creamy" to me, like a balm or a salve.

It's a very subtle floral skin scent on me. It's wearing close and is incredibly soft and smooth. Nothing pointy or anything that jumps out except there's something that reminds me, oddly, like LadyV mentioned above, of Papal Purple - which I ADORE! So what might that association be? Frankincense? IDK...

This one is a real win and I like it very much :) I'm not getting strong patch - really not sure where it is... I get creamy florals and I think I MUST be a fan of Egyptian musk because I've liked a number of scents with that in them. Really beautiful! :heart:

This is very soft and almost powdery. I'm getting the same "something" as I did from Papal Purple. The frank maybe? And lots of Egyptian musk. Very velvety and luxe smelling. This one isn't FB for me but very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea what to expect from this one, reading the notes. I'm finding it absolutely lovely -- as others have mentioned, on me it's a very smooth creamy skin scent. I get the floral, but it's deeply grounded by the darker notes and then something light and powdery gives it the loveliest texture.

I'm not sure I would wear it enough to warrant a full bottle, but it's really beautiful. Also would be a great scent for work, if you wanted something that would be totally appropriate for a professional setting but a bit more feminine than some of the "clean" office friendly scents.

As with Vivid Violet, this feels like a good one to pair with Treasured Hearts. A very soft nurturing vibe.

As with Vivid Violet, this feels like a good one to pair with Treasured Hearts. A very soft nurturing vibe.

YES! ^^^ This was one of my favorites! There's something comforting and calming about it. It has throw, but the scent itself is subtle and not overbearing. Very velvety and soothing. :heart:

• 2 weeks later...

This is very very strong on me wet. I dabbed a little on the back of my hand and some type of floral reached out and put me in a choke hold. It has to be either the pansy or the morning glory, it kinda has that Avon in Bakersfield I got with the wisteria in Papal. Was that the one everyone loved and some of us were like... you win some you lose some? - I don't know what kind of floral this is that it just kinda causes a little aftershock in the middle of my forehead. I am going to let it dry and see what happens, but so far wet it's not really winning over the Lady V.

Same here. Very strong floral on application, but as I learned with S&V I can still wear strong ones, just really have to use sparingly. The marshmallow root does temper it a bit with drydown, but then after awhile I get the patch and floral again.

I'm about 45 days young here at LPMP and I can see I'm already leaning towards foody, spicy, green and fruity notes more than straight floral. I'll try this one later but for now I'm going back to my other favorite colors. :peace-sign:

• 8 months later...

Ooooh, this is lovely! It smells more like lilacs than my Sugared Lilacs...which is odd since there's no lilac in it. It's beautiful, fresh spring flowers. On drydown, it's a lush, very feminine floral. Sort of powdery but sort of not at the same time. I am in love. I might need a full bottle of this someday.

• 3 years later...

I fell in love with Crayons: Violet so I've been doing what I can to get my hands on some of the others. Lucked into a bottle of this one, and it's so soft and delicious, I absolutely love it. 

In the bottle, it felt to me like getting a whiff of an exotic lake surrounded by wildflowers at that moment of twilight just before it becomes full night, when the sky is that perfect shade of indigo with a the first few stars peeking out. Lush, watery, a hint of musky spice -- gorgeous. From the moment I put it on my skin, it was like that image just blossomed in my mind, growing more real and solid. It was almost like I could smell lily flowers in there somewhere. I'm not too familiar with the scents of pansy or morning glory, but I suspect that's what I'm picking up. 

The musk, patch and frankincense on this is so gentle but mixed with the sweet florals it gives it this lasting impression that sticks with me. They do amp a little bit as it dries down, but it only makes it more huffable, IMHO. I keep bringing my arm up to get another sniff of myself. :D This is a brilliant blend. It's making me even more excited to try out the other Crayon scent I managed to get my hands on (Cerulean Blue) and see if I can find the others I put on my wishlist.  

Like someone else said, I can see this being a stunner with Treasured Hearts. It's just so gentle, sweet, and soothing -- a very comforting blend all on its own. Though with the hint of exotic spice, I could also see it being a good one to use with Cuddle Bunny if you wanted to give it a cuddly yet sexier edge, too. Something tells me if you wanted to really rock the feminine mystique on a quiet, intimate date, this would also be killer with LFM...

• 7 months later...

Love this! I finally get the "comfy blue jeans" thing I've heard so much about with Cuddle Bunny and OCCO Blue. I can't pick out which flower/s, but together with the Egyptian Musk, I could've swore there was some oakmoss in here. Maybe that's the marshmallow? The resins also read more powdery, not bold or spicy, just cozy. I have some OCCO Blue on elsewhere, Indigo is much nicer on me. Must be the flowers. I'm not a floral gal, it's amazing what the right notes in the right ratios do for eachother. And for me! I consider myself extremely lucky to have found LP!