Crayons: Vivid Violet

Beccah

AD-VividViolet_1.jpg

Crayons: Vivid Violet

Much as the lovely blooms so delicate and soft, the shade between blue and purple was named for this famous flower and is one of the oldest colors known to civilization, symbolizing many passionate qualities in the visible spectrum. Velvety violet blossoms are the star of this show, framed by romantic vanilla and musk, a candied sprinkle of pink and powdered sugars, and glittering drops of grape, lemon and lime on top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

VIOLET ~ Love, faithfulness, modesty; calming, balancing, healing, protection, draws luck & fortune, lust.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.
SUGAR ~ Attracts love, luck,
sweetness
and riches. Lust inducing, wishes granted.
MUSK ~
Self-confidence and strength, sexual attractant, heightens passions and arousal.
LIME ~ Healing, love, protection.
GRAPE ~ Fertility, increases mental prowess, money attracting.

I love the description of this one. I don't think this is the one I will choose though for one reason only. I still have a bottle of Purple Pitch which I have barely used. It is so rich that I still use my trial vial when I have a "violet jones." I adore my Purple Pitch and Vivid Violet would be a no brainer if I were in need of a violet scent! YUMMY!!!!

Regarding Purple Pitch Mara, you are right. it is just exquisite. I always thought of it as the love child that would have come from Purple and Black making a baby together. But now you are saying powdery... velvety.. and I am feeling myself being seduced by it just reading this. LOL!

On paper I should love this. I love every single ingredient. I love it when it's wet when the violet is pretty clear but it dries to a more muddled powdery violet. I think the vanilla lends to the powderiness. The fruits aren't very distinct. Everything blends very well together. I think I was expecting it to be similar to Sweet Chic with violet for the floral. It's not at all. The violet almost goes a bit soapy. It is sweet and cloudy and velvety. But not my cup of tea. So weird what works and doesn't work. For me anyway.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum. This is like a soft pillowy silky violet cloud, and verrry foody on me. It's like a dessert version of the violet from love immortal. I imagine this being wonderful for bedtime ... gonna put more on for sleep!

Like Tyvey, in the vial this reads as foody on me, like a purple meringue. And it's a very purple scent. It's not very powdery on me, just fluffy. The violet is to die for. But my skin sometimes has issues with grape, and it does in this one. Once on my skin, the grape blooms into a kool aid grape, which is tasty in the mouth, but not on my skin. :(

Violet usually goes all old lady powdery on me, but I do like sweetened/candied violet (though I'm not particularly drawn to wearing it as a fragrance). This one is sort of between those two qualities for me; I get a soft fresh-picked violet flower with a sugary halo around it. The sweet notes are great on me, even if they don't last too long. It dries down rather powdery but there's a mid-point where I really like it, and I don't say that about most violet-based scents.

I don't even know what to expect from this one! I unexpectedly loved Act of Violets, so I'm hoping I'll like this one too. This makes me so happy I bought the sampler, because this is one that I probably never would have even tried if it weren't for that. I can't wait for it to arrive:)

My first impression here.. wow powerful scent memory. I instantly thought of when I was a kid and we lived in San Diego.

A perfume from back then. I'm going to see if my mom gets the same reaction. What am I remembering?

Scent wise my impression is a very youthful floral scent. Soft, floral, pretty and to my SUPRISE the notes blend fairly tightly together. There's a slight brightness to it. A tiny bit fresh too. The only stand out I get is that soft, pretty, sweet violet blending in with all the other notes. Slightly traditional but fresh, young and feminine too. I like it.

Edited by StacyK

I don't even know what to expect from this one! I unexpectedly loved Act of Violets

Me too! Me too!

With my chemistry though, these 2 are nothing alike. This one is floral forward too, but not nearly as sweet and candy like to me. It's very violet on me, and while I do like violet, I think I will set this aside and try it again in a few days. I believe I can detect the lime in there, just in the back, brightening things up. I'm not getting the grape - or possibly more likely, not recognizing it. I'm reading the violet and musk mostly.

Edited by NuTrix

As others have mentioned, I had no idea what to expect from this but the lime and grape in conjunction with a floral scared me! I like this though -- I'm certainly not able to pick out those notes, so maybe they are just there to ground or brighten? This is very soft and silky, a little violet cloud that wears close to the skin. It's not what I'm normally drawn to, but I am actually thinking about a bottle of this for summer. It feels like it could be very effective to pair with Treasured Hearts; there is definitely a calm soothing nurturing vibe to this one.

As others have mentioned, I had no idea what to expect from this but the lime and grape in conjunction with a floral scared me! I like this though -- I'm certainly not able to pick out those notes, so maybe they are just there to ground or brighten? This is very soft and silky, a little violet cloud that wears close to the skin. It's not what I'm normally drawn to, but I am actually thinking about a bottle of this for summer. It feels like it could be very effective to pair with Treasured Hearts; there is definitely a calm soothing nurturing vibe to this one.

I was thinking the same thing. A spray boosted with TH or H&S would be so nice.

This was one of the first March samples I tried and it originally fell kind of flat. Halo used the word 'muddled' in her review and it was exactly what I thought of when I tried it. No one scent was coming out and it faded rather fast.

Fast forward just a few weeks later and I am thrilled with the evolution this one has taken for me. Instead of muddled, it is feeling more balanced. It is soft but not fading fast like it initially did. It lasted all day until dinner time though it is a soft and slightly powdery scent by now. I love StacyK's description of a little violet cloud. It was lovely to wear to work today and I will likely end up getting a full bottle of this before too long. It definitely pays to try and try again with scents to be sure you don't pass up something that turns out to be quite beautiful.

I don't know what to think about this one yet. Wet it smelled a bit like green musk. As it started to dry down it was all white musk, which I do not like, now something else is happening which is not bad. It's kind of like a soft grape candy. It almost reminds me of the softness of Candytuft Tea. I like it okay but I don't think it's a full bottle for me.

I let my samples sit for quite a bit before I tried them & I really loved Vivid Violet. Can't remember off the top of my head, exactly what my favorite aspect was, but I liked that it was "purple" without going straight up dirty on me.

For some reason I saved Vivid Violet for last and I like it best out of the crayon box. My first impression is that it really smells violet. I'm still letting it develop on my skin, but have already sent off for a bull bottle because having experienced it, I can't imagine the rest of my life without it. The earlier comment of a violet cloud sounds right, delicate and insistent. On me the grape seems to come out later and it's a pretty delicious grape that takes me back to the Concord grapevines growing by the house in my childhood.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like this one. Going to get a FB with my next order if there is still any left. At first I wasn't too sure about it. Seemed to be a nice floral but kind of generic...ended up falling asleep on the couch and when I woke I smell this gloriously lovely scent.....I do not know how long it took to get to that point but it ended up smelling very different than when applied. I think it will be a great summer scent.

• 1 month later...

I tried this one when it first arrived, gave it a quick "meh" sniff, and stuck it back in its cute little holder. Yesterday I saw it again, dabbed a bit, inhaled, and was immediately transported to Purple Heaven! This stuff is GORGEOUS! I do not like violets, and am thrilled purple that my chemistry hides the violet in this one and lets the other scents bloom. It is a full-bodied, well-rounded fragrance that puts a smile on my face.

It's just a gosh-darn HAPPY scent! This one definitely gets added to my FB list.

I used one of the trial vials to lightly scent a bottle of Un G2 and it is fabulous. For me a little goes a long way with this scent so a trial size a perfect amount for scenting a bottle of Un Pheros. With the G2 I wear this to work frequently and the staff all seem to be effected. Not in any sexual way and I don't get selfies along those lines with this blend. It is more like we all just get along and work better as a team. ( Nurses) Seems to lower stress with the job so it is easier to just stay focused on the task at hand. I think the purple has as much to do with it as the G2

I used one of the trial vials to lightly scent a bottle of Un G2 and it is fabulous. For me a little goes a long way with this scent so a trial size a perfect amount for scenting a bottle of Un Pheros. With the G2 I wear this to work frequently and the staff all seem to be effected. Not in any sexual way and I don't get selfies along those lines with this blend. It is more like we all just get along and work better as a team. ( Nurses) Seems to lower stress with the job so it is easier to just stay focused on the task at hand. I think the purple has as much to do with it as the G2

Yes. I have gone through a few bottles of G2 since I discovered it's wonders. I get no self effects either. Although everyone working together, getting along ect makes me happily less stressed. :)

• 1 month later...

I can't believe I never reviewed this one! I think at the time that I tried this scent I found it just mediocre. I tried it on again today because I was looking for something purple and oh my goodness - I love this! I need to compare it to An Act of Violets, and if it is different enough to merit a bottle, it is going on my wish list!

• 7 months later...

I really can't decide how I feel about this one. It's nice enough, though not really a standout for me. I had no idea it had grape or lime in it; I didn't get that at all.

I don't know if I like violet scents or not. I will have to try it again sometime in the future to see how I feel about it then.

• 3 months later...

For those who have tried both scents, is this as bright as An Act of Violets (sadly, now sold out)? Anything else anyone would recommend for a violet lover who likes a bit of a lift? Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Edited by Wanderlust

Guest cutie.pie

This one is a nice, floral scent. It's gentle on my skin, violet isn't as dominant as I thought it would be.

• 2 months later...

Oh my word! This smells, on my skin, exactly as it smells in the vial. It goes on fresh, clean violet~not old lady violet!~ and stays fresh, clean violet. The frape and lime kerp this from slipping I to that talc-like overwhelming sweetness that makes me a little queasy if smell it too long. This is an uplifting violet, providing that little breath of surprisecwhen you first notice the violets have sprung to life and turned the shady spot beneath the trees into a dancing purple quilt. Ahhhh, just ahhhhh!

Edited by Wanderlust

• 8 months later...

I received a sample of this and all I can say is WOW!! This is some of the best smelling stuff I ever!! Love!! I am still pretty new. I need to ask the forum experts if it is possible to get a non PE scent like this enhanced with a UN Phero of your choice? Mara?

It doesn't matter if it's a PE or not. You can get any scent boosted with a phero. Oil or spray. It's all right there in the perfumerie. The drop down menus to add pheros ETC are there on the page with the perfume order. Make sure to note what phero to what scent in the space available for customer notes.

Edited by StacyK

Sure :)

Yes, this scent is one of those "sleepers". Still available and really terrific.

• 1 month later...

Yeah. I've been eyeballing this. I love Violet for LIFEEE! But that grape.. I don't really like grape in perfume. I like wine in perfume, but grape does something...funky..

How up front is it here? I've heard a little of both from these reviews..anyone else want to weigh in?

Yeah. I've been eyeballing this. I love Violet for LIFEEE! But that grape.. I don't really like grape in perfume. I like wine in perfume, but grape does something...funky..

How up front is it here? I've heard a little of both from these reviews..anyone else want to weigh in?

I don't find it to be very grape at all. If you like violet scents or orchid scents (my personal opinion), then you'll love this.

• 2 years later...

I absolutely love this. I never thought I'd meet a floral that sat so well on my skin, but the violet in this is almost candy-like (possibly with the help of the grape?). Not in a childish way. It's more like a breath of fresh air, sweetened with a suggestion of bright, spring flowers. It's really lovely and gentle, not overpowering at all, and never fails to put a smile on my face when I wear it. :D