The Return of Sugared Layerables!

It's the 10th anniversary of the date we started the Sugared Collection! ...and honestly, we had been planning for 2 years that we would do a Sugared month during the month we moved, not realizing of course that we would have to shut down entirely....much bigger job than we had dreamed! So upon arriving in our new digs, our latest plan was, rather than releasing them as monthlies, we're going to release them alongside, and in a different way.

Feedback is welcome here, I am still working on the details, so please feel free to chime in!

Wanna see my list? Next post. It's huge. I think I narrowed down from 140 choices to a much more manageable :lol: 100 or so. But I am willing to add back onto the list if you guys want something that's not on there. Now that we finally have more ROOM, we can build this catalog back up again! Heee! I've spent weeks making labels for them already, but then a discussion with some LP pals had me rethinking the labels entirely, and now I want to start those over from scratch, with your help.

So, firstly, this is how I think this will work. I am only going to make around 10-20 bottles of these at a time to save room, and only when ordered, so that some may actually never get made if they are not ordered, but they will be available at any time. Unlike PEs, I can make these pretty fast...they only have a few ingredients each, and I already stocked up on gallons of the sugars so we're good to go.

Secondly, because they are simpler, easier to imagine constructions, I would like to skip doing trial sizes of these, but still wanted to offer them in 3 sizes...

5ml roller bottles: $15.00 each

10ml roller bottles: $24.95 each

1 oz Sprays: $39.95 each.

BUT, because they are meant to be layered, they should be easy to buy in sets, so if you buy 10, you get to pick 2 more for FREE.

I foresee the most popular way to order these might be sets of 5ml bottles, which would end up being 12 bottles for $150.00

Now the labels...these were traditionally very literal....a picture of cherries for Sugared Cherries, etc. And believe it, I already have all 100+ pictures picked out for these labels, but then we thought of something more fun.... what if YOU all were the models for the labels instead?

I need to make clear, that unlike the Private Editions, the perfumes would NOT be for or about the models and their perfume preferences, just featuring the gals and guys of our community on the labels. Doesn't matter how old you were when the pic was taken, just label-worthy pictures. I would only say something like - "these are real people, people you talk to every day on the message boards, these are your LP friends". They will be used as models exactly like we license pictures from the photo libraries on the web. Maybe I will zoom in on your picture and only use your lips, or your eye, or even what you are holding in your hand. It has to be about what makes sense for the label, not about anything else. At over 100 bottles, I think anyone who wants to be on one will surely get their chance, and I will license your picture in exchange for a $10 Gift Cert. How does this sound?

Because there are so many perfumes, there's no way for me to do a Perfumerie page for each scent, so I will need to program it like we do the PE and Mad Scientist pages, which means, that the name of the perfume choice will have to be filled in by the customer in a write-in box. And the pictures and descriptions will have to be very concise.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Feedback?

My list, up next....

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. SUGARED ALMONDS
  2. SUGARED AMBER
  3. SUGARED APPLES (Green, Red, Apple Pie)
  4. SUGARED APRICOT
  5. MAPLE SUGARED BACON
  6. SUGARED/CARAMELIZED BANANAS (Formerly called Sugar-Fried Bananas)
  7. SUGARED BERRIES (Pick your Berries - Red, Black, Mixed, etc.)
  8. SUGARED BIRTHDAY CAKE
  9. SUGARED BLACKBERRIES
  10. SUGARED BLUEBERRIES
  11. SUGARED BONFIRE
  12. SUGARED CACTUS FRUIT (aka Prickly Pear)
  13. SUGARED CARDAMOM
  14. SUGARED CANTALOUPE
  15. SUGARED CARNATION
  16. SUGARED CEDAR
  17. SUGARED CHAI SPICES
  18. SUGARED CHERRIES (Red, Black, Mixed)
  19. SUGARED CHERRY BLOSSOMS
  20. SUGARED CINNAMON
  21. SUGARED CREAM
  22. SUGARED CHOCOLATE
  23. SUGARED CLOVE
  24. SUGARED COCONUT
  25. SUGARED COFFEE
  26. SUGARED COPAL RESIN
  27. SUGARED CURRANT (Red, Black)
  28. SUGARED DAFFODIL
  29. SUGARED DAISIES
  30. SUGARED DOGWOOD BLOSSOMS
  31. SUGARED DRAGON'S BLOOD
  32. SUGARED EARTH
  33. SUGARED EGGNOG
  34. SUGARED ENGLISH TOFFEE
  35. SUGARED FIGS
  36. SUGARED FRANKINCENSE
  37. SUGARED FRANKINCENSE & MYRRH
  38. SUGARED GARDENIA
  39. SUGARED GERANIUM
  40. SUGARED GINGER (Natural)
  41. SUGARED GINGERBREAD
  42. SUGARED GRASSES
  43. SUGARED GRAPEFRUIT (Pink, Yellow)
  44. SUGARED GREENERY
  45. SUGARED HAY
  46. SUGARED HAZELNUT
  47. SUGARED HEATHER
  48. SUGARED HONEYDEW
  49. SUGARED HONEYSUCKLE
  50. SUGARED IRIS
  51. SUGARED JASMINE
  52. SUGARED JONQUIL
  53. SUGARED KUSH RESIN
  54. SUGARED LAVENDER
  55. SUGARED LEATHER
  56. SUGARED LEMONS
  57. SUGARED LICORICE
  58. SUGARED LILAC
  59. SUGARED LILY
  60. SUGARED LILY OF THE VALLEY
  61. SUGARED LIME
  62. SUGARED LOTUS
  63. SUGARED MAGNOLIA
  64. SUGARED MAJMUA
  65. SUGARED MANGO
  66. SUGARED MAPLE
  67. SUGARED MELONS
  68. WARM MILK & SUGAR
  69. SUGARED MINT (Peppermint, Spearmint)
  70. SUGARED EGYPTIAN MUSK (Other Musks too - green and blue apparently :lol:)
  71. SUGARED MYRRH
  72. SUGARED NAG CHAMPA
  73. SUGARED NEROLI
  74. SUGARED NUTMEG
  75. SUGARED OAK MOSS
  76. SUGARED ORANGES
  77. SUGARED ORCHID
  78. SUGARED OUD
  79. SUGARED PATCHOULI
  80. SUGARED PEACHES
  81. SUGARED PEARS
  82. SUGARED PECAN
  83. SUGARED PEONY
  84. SUGARED PIE SPICES
  85. SUGARED PINEAPPLE
  86. SUGARED PINE NEEDLE
  87. SUGARED PLUMERIA
  88. SUGARED POMEGRANATE
  89. SUGARED PUMPKIN
  90. PURE SUGAR
  91. SUGARED RASPBERRY
  92. SUGARED ROSES
  93. SUGARED ROSE GERANIUM
  94. SUGARED SANDALWOOD
  95. SUGARED STRAWBERRIES
  96. SUGARED SWEET PEA
  97. SUGARED TEA (Black, Green)
  98. SUGARED TUBEROSE
  99. SUGARED TULIPS
  100. SUGARED VANILLA (Multi-types)
  101. SUGARED VETIVER
  102. SUGARED VIOLETS
  103. SUGARED WATER LILY
  104. SUGARED WATERMELON
  105. SUGARED WISTERIA
  106. SUGARED YLANG YLANG

I would love pix from all you lovely dancers for the exotic resin types....I can use 10 or more of those...and then there's the MELONS to consider. ;) Brides with their bouquets for various flowers would be great. Pictures from your beach vacations for the tropicals... Just check out the titles and see if anything in your scrapbook might work.

Do not, do NOT, send me nasty pix of your menfolk for Sugared Nuts. I'm warning you.

This all sounds so awesome! And after typing just that one first line, it looks like Mara has put up the list! I'm super-excited about these, thank you Mara! The idea of putting people on the labels is so great too!

ETA: Sugared sandalwood? Omg - this is a must-have for me. Too bad my lp budget is already stretched beyond to the limit this month!

Edited by Amalthea1978

Do not, do NOT, send me nasty pix of your menfolk for Sugared Nuts. I'm warning you.

LOL!!

I can totally see Hearts on Sugared Birthday Cake...

and Lady V doing Sugared Tulips :kiss43::666:

I may have a cool pic for Sugared Coffee soon *wink wink*

Edited by Molls

LOL!!

and Lady V doing Sugared Tulips :666:

Omg Molls you are sooo Sugared Coffee. Maybe you naked poking behind a Starbucks display in heels winking.

I think it's an awesome idea to use real people from here on the labels! And am really psyched by Sugared Amber, Warm Milk and Sugar, Sugared Kush Resin, Sugared Frankincense, Sugared Musk, and maybe Sugared Cream.. so many sound just beautiful. Like Amalthea though, my budget is pretty tight already. My partner and I splurged on a Total Gym 1900 so that took a chunk but hey, in the name of good health, right? These really are so deliciously layerable though. Hopefully, I will catch up to some of these lovelies in time!

Omg Molls you are sooo Sugared Coffee. Maybe you naked poking behind a Starbucks display in heels winking.

Oh totally!

LOL!!

and Lady V doing Sugared Tulips :666:

Oh god I need to buy sugared birthday cake! Yum!

LadyV/ you need to be on Sugared Melons lol or Sugared Roses.

Edited by hearts

Well, one of the advantages of these is that they are NOT limited editions. So no one has to be scared about not getting one if they want one. Like the core catalog, the recipes are set and will be available for years.

PS: The Bonfire and Cream labels I used on the PE thread are temporary, I want to replace ALL of our Sugared labels, even the ones that are part of the permanent collection. The only one I may keep is the new Sug Honeycomb label since I only updated that one a few months ago.

By the way - these are the ones that have been permanent and are always in the catalog:

Sugared Amber, Patchouli, Roses, Honeycomb, Frankincense & Myrrh, Pure Sugar...any more?

You don't think I'm more of a Sugared HAY BITCHES WHAT UP???

OMG, that is sooo funny.

I love this whole idea! Sugared layerables, LP chicks/dudes as models... If you've got a Sugared Beer up your sleeve, have I got a pic for you! :lol:

I can do that! I dunno if anyone would want to smell like candied beer, but if there's a market for it, I can make it! :lol:

PS: The Bonfire and Cream labels I used on the PE thread are temporary, I want to replace ALL of our Sugared labels, even the ones that are part of the permanent collection. The only one I may keep is the new Sug Honeycomb label since I only updated that one a few months ago.

By the way - these are the ones that have been permanent and are always in the catalog:

Sugared Amber, Patchouli, Roses, Honeycomb, Frankincense & Myrrh, Pure Sugar...any more?

I think the Musks.. they are so versatile and let's say I wanted Sugared Cherries, and I would die to layer that with a Sugared Pink or French musk type of Musk - whatever was in those musks need to be available for me to horde.

Well, one of the advantages of these is that they are NOT limited editions. So no one has to be scared about not getting one if they want one. Like the core catalog, the recipes are set and will be available for years.

I am so relieved! I love these ideas, and really... aren't most things better with sugar on top? I love what sugar does to scents!

OMG SUGARED TREVOR RABIN AND A PICTURE OF A HALF MOON WITH READING GLASSES!

:lol:

Don't think I haven't thought about it!

Boss, can we have Sugared Magi again too? *kitteh face*

HOLYFANTASTICBATMAN! This is going to be a loooooong list....

Is the sugared pumpkin, pumpkin or pumpkin spices?

Love the label ideas! Crazy coolness!!! :w00t:

Hey! Sugared Magi was a Ltd Ed combo, Missy! Yes, of course I can make it, but it was basically Sugared Frank & Myrrh + Sug Figs.

Nutrix - I was thinking of Sug Pie Spices for one, and Sug Pumpkin being a little more sweet and fleshy. It's honestly really easy to find those heavily spiced pumpkin notes that have very little pumpkin in them, but lots of pie spices, while the difficult hunt is for the purer, sweeter pumpkin flesh. I can offer both, but then would drop the Sugared Pie Spices as it would be redundant.

Mara, I bought a Sugared Magi Wax Melt from Art Fire and I only have one and it just sounds so beautiful that I am saving it for "something special." Not as if i know what, but... it just seems special. I love the ingredients. I am wondering if it is something that my Bast is wanting me to save for her!

Omg...Maple sugared bacon? Haha, the guy at work LOVES bacon, it's kind of become a joke with us. That's what I need to finally get him - to smell like bacon!!!

Lol, I don't think I want to smell like bacon, even for him. Although if anyone can make a bacon-scented perfume that's good, it would be Mara!

Also want to throw in there that I'm excited about Warm Milk & Sugar and also Sugared Lemon...yikes, there are just SO many of these that I want now! And every time I look at the list, I see something that I'd missed before!

Hey! Sugared Magi was a Ltd Ed combo, Missy! Yes, of course I can make it, but it was basically Sugared Frank & Myrrh + Sug Figs.

I know, but it was SO GOOD! It should be a green fig, though.

^^^^ THIS ^^^ was why we progressed toward the PEs rather than the Layerables to begin with! OMG, you need a spanking.

The whole point is you are supposed to layer them on your own body, or if you want something more complex and want us to layer it for you, then order a PE.

She's winding me up on purpose, I just know it. :lol:

I love this concept and that all of these will be permanent. I'm already plotting my first sugared order….

I'm so excited "Sugared Myrrh"!!

I was thinking of that on the PE idea page!! woot!

Also wow Sugared Oakmoss, carnation, lotus ect.. great idea.

Edited by StacyK

Sugared Frankincense and Myrrh is TO DIE FOR......