Molly's Blue Magnolia

Bella15

AD-PE-MollyBlueMag_zps132688c3.jpg

I asked Mara for: blue sugar, magnolia, white musk, and oakmoss. I got my pkg on Friday, and tried it that night, of course... it was beautiful!! The magnolia was very forward at first, then it dried down to a white floral musk. I let it sit a day or so, and trying it tonight, the magnolia has already settled quite a bit. It's still a beautiful velvety floral, but I'm definitely getting more of the blue sugar and white musk. I know the oakmoss is there, I can kind of "feel" it..

I am so excited and pleased to have this! It will be perfect for spring/summer! Thank you so much, Mara! It's fabulous!

(I can't wait to try it with OCCO Blue!!)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh this is really nice. Molls was sweet enough to send me a sample in our last trade (thank you molls)

It starts off very oakmoss and floral. It's very clear blue and crystalline- But after wearing for about 20 minutes, the blue sugar came out to play and omg it's good! Candy like but not saccharine. It's like blue sugar rock candy crystals. The magnolia and musk are there, hiding out in the background, but somehow my skin is amping the sugar. And I likey! I keep wanting to nuzzle myself. Are there anymore bottles available?

Oh, yes, Molls! This is brilliant!!! Amazing how it captures "blueness" so perfectly! A beautiful, not-too-flowery, not-too-sugary summer floral arrangement (so to speak). The oakmoss imparts a lovely balmy summery-ness, suggestive of how the Old South must have felt before the days of air conditioning and television. To me, you've created a texture, a time and a place kind of experience in a bottle.

Thank you for sharing this with us!

Edited by Just Ducky

Oh, what a perfect review, Ducky!

Yes, I am loving this one. On me, this is soft and creamy and delicate. I've had some piercingly traumatic experience with florals, so am very appreciative of the gentle enveloping quality of Blue Magnolia.

I hadn't thought about "Old South before air conditioning" aspect but I think that nails it. I am also thinking that once New England finally catches up to warm weather this is going to be especially heavenly. When there is more bare skin and a filmy cloud of this to waft about in the gentle breezes.

Truly a winner!

Oh, what a perfect review, Ducky!

Yes, I am loving this one. On me, this is soft and creamy and delicate. I've had some piercingly traumatic experience with florals, so am very appreciative of the gentle enveloping quality of Blue Magnolia.

I hadn't thought about "Old South before air conditioning" aspect but I think that nails it. I am also thinking that once New England finally catches up to warm weather this is going to be especially heavenly. When there is more bare skin and a filmy cloud of this to waft about in the gentle breezes.

Truly a winner!

We were at almost 70 today in NYS!

This is gorgeous! Put some on this evening. I get a the slight feel of a mist combined with a magnolia in full bloom. Goes on full floral blast then dries down and all the notes smooth out to a smooth blue floral. Our Magnolia tree is still bare bones here, but this is the scent of sitting near the tree in full bloom in the evening. Maybe it's the "blue" musk that reminds me of early evening.

A great scent for spring and summer. :)

Nicely done Molls & Mara :heart:

Edited by StacyK

The wonderful Molls sent me a sniffee of this! Can I just give a shout out to this woman? How great are you? XOXOOX

This wet started off very Nolia. I def get a blue vibe. I did get a headache but I don't know if it's from the Nolia or the motherfucking post office that sent me into a rage.. sorry tyvey I didn't mean to scare you by threatening death on people we both don't know. I am better now and I sniffed my hand where I put Molly - and I smell a delicious powdery blue sugary oakmoss smell. Dry it smells so beautiful. I have to restest to see if the Nolia rapes my head again or if it was just me being me.

Thank you Molls!!!! I hope you win the lotto! You are so kind!!! Buy a scratcher!

• 2 weeks later...

My guy is getting easier to predict, as far as what kind of scents he'll like. I was pretty sure he would like this one, but I wore it around him for the first time last night, and he told me THREE TIMES how good I smelled! I wore it with OCCO Blue, and let me tell you... WOW!

My guy is getting easier to predict, as far as what kind of scents he'll like. I was pretty sure he would like this one, but I wore it around him for the first time last night, and he told me THREE TIMES how good I smelled! I wore it with OCCO Blue, and let me tell you... WOW!

I always forgot to use my OCCO Blue and that is a great idea to pair it with this one….

• 2 months later...

Just had to update. I grabbed this one this morning on a whim and immediately noticed how much smoother, more solid (if that makes sense?) it's becoming with a bit of age behind it. As if it's matured from "magnolia" to "Magnolia." The floral aspect has definitely deepened. The bottle has now been moved from my "ad lib" stash to my "du jour" selections so I can remember to wear it more often.

Love it!

I agree, I'm glad I grabbed a 2nd bottle. It's also divine with a dab or 2 of OCCo blue.

It just goes so well with TH phero wise. :)

Edited by StacyK

• 5 months later...

I've never tried Melissa's Creamy Iris, so I can't say.. but I can send you a sniffie of this, if you'd like to try it out :)

I would like to try it out, Bella15! I don't want to ask you just to send me that, so maybe a decant/sniffie when I order from you again?

Swoon! So glad I took the plunge and got a bottle of this unsniffed. It is indeed blue and creamy like Mel creamy iris, but this is more powdery. Wet I got such an intense rush of nostalgia, reminding me vividly of Bermuda- I don't know why- my main scent association with Bermuda is freesia. As it dries it evokes a plush white and blue luxury bath, hushed and quiet and clean. Total winner!!

Edited by tyvey

This is still one of my all time favorites. It's aged so well. a smoother rounder version of it's early self.

I still get a very homespun feel from this. I'm seeing all blue & purple magnolias and hydrangeas. A front porch and a cool summer breeze. I love it! :heart:

Edited by StacyK