Upon doing my daily studying of what NEXT to order, I think I'm understanding the applications and use of unscented blends, BUT I still want to throw it out to the experts for input.

Getting the Swimming w/Sharks and/or La Femme Mystere on their own will allow me the option of combining them with a number of great LPMP scents (as opposed to buying a scent that already has them added), correct?

Next, for either or both of these, would an oil/RollerBall be better or the spray? (And with the spray must I be very careful to only put it on skin & not risk clothes/hair?)

Finally, since my initial intent for these is to boost a confident & successful return to my career (interviews & networking) THEN (hopefully being hired sooner than later) ongoing camaraderie & respect in the workplace) can anyone suggest good covers for either of these?

Oh, and someone also recommended Open Windows as a great workplace scent... I'd love to know more about it if anyone has experience.

Edited by LoveStruck55

You can combine any scent with SWS, LFM and OW in their unscented form. None of them are particularly stinky blends, so their easily covered. This would lend you some flexibility in terms of being able to wear whichever perfume caught your fancy on a particular day.

I generally go with oils, and they work perfectly well for me. However you might benefit from having any of these pheros in a spray if you're using them in a work environment. And all 3 of these sprays are clothes and hair safe, so you can spray away. It's only the ones that have high amounts of copulins added that you have to worry about getting on hair and clothes.

As for office-friendly scents, if you use the drop-down menu in the perfumerie, I think there's actually a section entitled "Office Friendly". I think that under the Intents drop-down menu, there's also a section with perfumes for boosting confidence. The one scent that pops to mind, simply because it's pretty, sexy but not too intrusive in terms of throw is Velvet & Steel. It's beautiful.

I use Open Windows at work all the time. It's actually my favourite for work, but I don't work in an office environment, so maybe someone who does can chime in? River Song with OW is really, really pretty.

Agree with Eggers, these are definitely ones that don't usually come off stinky at all so you don't have to really worry about covering the smell. Just a personal preference entirely but I've tended to go with the green, herbally, fresh type scents for these (OW and SWS). Not because it was necessary but because it just struck me as something unassuming in the work environment. If I need to be all business, its hard for me to do that if I smell like scrumptious pancakes or dirty sexy honey. LOL (Not that I won't smell like scrumptious pancakes at work. I often do. But if I'm forced to do presentations or deal with management, for me the fresh scents seem to give me more a feel of authority.

Eggers, I love OW at work too. If there's a lot of stress in the location, it seems to calm and make everyone a little friendlier, relaxed. River Song is awesome! I've loved Art of War with SWS too but it's already phero-enhanced and I know you are looking for something to go with what you have. But I do think there's still some on the ArtFire site if you might be interested. It's very classic. I always think of Katherine Hepburn when I wear it. Always a lady with class... who kicks butt. ;)

Edited by StoremyWhether

If I need to be all business, its hard for me to do that if I smell like scrumptious pancakes or dirty sexy honey. LOL (Not that I won't smell like scrumptious pancakes at work. I often do.)

I have to agree on the premise of this, but your matter-of-fact delivery is priceless. Well said StoremyW! :rofl222:

You can combine any scent with SWS, LFM and OW in their unscented form. None of them are particularly stinky blends, so their easily covered. This would lend you some flexibility in terms of being able to wear whichever perfume caught your fancy on a particular day.

I generally go with oils, and they work perfectly well for me. However you might benefit from having any of these pheros in a spray if you're using them in a work environment. And all 3 of these sprays are clothes and hair safe, so you can spray away. It's only the ones that have high amounts of copulins added that you have to worry about getting on hair and clothes.

As for office-friendly scents, if you use the drop-down menu in the perfumerie, I think there's actually a section entitled "Office Friendly". I think that under the Intents drop-down menu, there's also a section with perfumes for boosting confidence. The one scent that pops to mind, simply because it's pretty, sexy but not too intrusive in terms of throw is Velvet & Steel. It's beautiful.

I use Open Windows at work all the time. It's actually my favourite for work, but I don't work in an office environment, so maybe someone who does can chime in? River Song with OW is really, really pretty.

I always love your posts Eggers - very detailed and specific (with the occasional 'zinger' comment) and limehead kitty is my favorite face now. Thanks - you have been a great source for me!

I always love your posts Eggers - very detailed and specific (with the occasional 'zinger' comment) and limehead kitty is my favorite face now. Thanks - you have been a great source for me!

No problem! Glad I could help! :)

ATM I'm rather appalled that in my post above I used "their" when I meant "they're". Can I be forgiven the grammatical error? I'd just woken up! :lol:

You will no doubt find that around here, pairings/scents you might have never considered previously will become new obsessions. This is a great place to broaden your perception of what "lovely" is or "not my kind of scent", etc. With so many fabulous ones to choose from, you cannot go wrong.

I'm going to go read up on all of these... and just make a choice. I went on ArtFire today and ordered a LAM Spray, PlayDate (because it's sold out) and Ambrosial Summer (don't ask me why - my hubs loves fruit salad and well, I just thought WTH) and it's on the SOLD OUT list too. Panic purchase... Saturday I wanted the Whisker Wishes (after I asked the trivia question about the best seller and there was ONE left!) and the Stone Cougar spray... but I was too late to get either. I wasn't going to be disappointed again!

I feel like the Jim Carrey scene from the Grinch "Stop... me... before I (insert ORDER) again!" I'm a mess... I ordered the Crayon sampler, then ANOTHER bunch of somethin (I don't even remember!) I have NO doubt I'll want full sizes of several of the crayons when they arrive. I may need an intervention soon! :arf:

1) I think I'll get my career scent figured out tonight (after I assemble all my posts from all you experts!)

2) Then a sample or two to try on my guy - please help me decide!

SS4M (Super or Sorcerer V2????)

Wanted Man (Voracious or Home Run???)

Heart Throb (Pashazade or Captain Fantastic???)

or perhaps add pheros to a full size of Steamy Daydreams (if its as good as some say maybe I will bite the bullet and get the full size... but THEN I need to know WHICH PHERO)

Does this ever get easier? I KNOW I will order the career/work stuff ASAP cuz I need to start getting $$ in to "treat" myself to more of this stuff. It's a vicious cycle.

ATM I'm rather appalled that in my post above I used "their" when I meant "they're". Can I be forgiven the grammatical error? I'd just woken up! :lol:

Oh please - we all do that and sometimes spell-check does it for us!! Why is there THREE different versions of the same sounding word, anyway? Their, There They're... :) Your posts are worth any grammatical errors - intended or otherwise - that you wanna throw out!

FYI you can get Cougar Potion made into a spray at any time you please. The one on Art Fire was one that was made by mistake. The option to make a spray is right there on the drop down order menu.

Thank you H... yup, I figured that out last night! I guess I should really think, search and wait before I post! Maybe I need Patience Potion... I was looking at that for my arguement-prone teenage boys too!

Wow, sounds like you are having fun choosing LPs. :)

In the Perfumierie (not Art Fire) there are drop down menus. There are categories like " work friendly scents" ect... That can help you sort through. Also the regular LAM scents are not in danger of selling out. They are all in the Perfumerie too.