Jennifer's Black Cat Mojo

Black Cat

AD-PE-JenniferBCM.jpg

Black musk, creamy coffee, leather, woodsmoke

Once again, we begin this review by pausing to admire the gorgeous label!

This PE idea is one that has been close to my heart for a LONG time.... I know it will come as a shock to you guys, but black cats loom kind of large in my lexicon. :-) Black cats have always been very lucky for me.

I also adore dark scents. My two all time favorites are Katerina Sit and Decadent Diva, but I felt there was a territory that had not yet been covered for me. Kat Suit is powerfully serious to me, in the best possible way. I wanted something more playful. Decadent Diva is delightfully playful for me, but also very grown-up and elegant. I wanted something a little more rough and tumble, something that would be equally at home wearing a little black dress to a cocktail party but leaving the party to climb onto the back of someone's motorcycle, wrapped in a leather jacket (that is a purely figurative motorcycle, I've never been on one in my life, but hey, a girl can dream, right?).

I've also been dying for a leather scent that isn't sweet, and a coffee scent that isn't paired with chocolate (even though I have things I like very much in both those categories).

So -- to sum it up, this is so exactly what I wanted that it's eerie! It's predominantly leather and coffee, perfectly balanced. And in the same way that taking a deep sniff of really good leather or really good coffee can get you a little high, this is just intoxicating to me. Despite the lack of sweetness, it doesn't feel unisex to me though. There is something very female and powerful about the energy.

It's strong, but it quiets down pretty nicely. I wore it to work yesterday, and by late afternoon it was at the stage where I could no longer smell myself, so I was confused when a customer said, "Something smells really good in here!" I came back to give her her credit card and she leaned in, sniffed me, and said, "Are you wearing perfume? What IS that?" So fun to say it was a custom blend, made just for me!

I have a feeling this is going to get more amazing as it ages, but I am honestly not sure how much is going to be allowed to age. I love this so much; I actually get the same kind of selfies from this that I do from some of the pheros (OK, I did get cops added to two of the oil bottles!). This is everything I hoped it would be, and I have a feeling it might something I ask Mara to make for me again. So delicious!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC -- Please please DO ask Mara for a rebrew! I (quite seriously) will split the cost with you!

sounds awesome!! love the reactions you are getting

Ravenwing, you're so sweet! thanks so much!

Oh WOW! Now that I have more of your 'back story' on this AND your fab review - I'm OH so very happy I got one! This is VERY much my kinda thing! :D

I can't wait to hear what you think!

BC -- Please please DO ask Mara for a rebrew! I (quite seriously) will split the cost with you!

JD -- let's figure something out! It will be a couple of months for me, but I promise I'll email you before making any moves. I would love to have you try it!

JD -- let's figure something out! It will be a couple of months for me, but I promise I'll email you before making any moves. I would love to have you try it!

Thank you, BC!! You are so wonderful! Yes, I am all over this, whenever you are ready! :Emoticons0804:

Your avi looks exactly like my Bodhi... and I ask for some special Black Cat Mojo go out to him now... he is an indoor cat

and someone let him out and he has been missing now for a week! I am with family out of state, and he is in Colorado -

it is so difficult not being there to walk the neighborhood myself. It is a college town - and a very large apt. complex where

we rented a room. He is gorgeous, and one of the most amazing people I know. I am concerned on so many levels. One

of the room-mates is moving and so there is all that going on and carelessness - even though the rule is to have him in my

room with fresh food and water and a clean box, when anyone is coming and going so an accident would not occur.

I am beside myself. My canine companion of 16+ years and Bodhi's best friend too just passed away a few months ago.

And my mother is traveling a 16 hour journey today with my sister - and we are uncertain she is up to this. It is a necessary move, unavoidable... she said her good-byes last night to me, just in case. O my heart! Give me strength, the love is biting into me with steel teeth!

Your avi looks exactly like my Bodhi... and I ask for some special Black Cat Mojo go out to him now... he is an indoor cat

and someone let him out and he has been missing now for a week! I am with family out of state, and he is in Colorado -

it is so difficult not being there to walk the neighborhood myself. It is a college town - and a very large apt. complex where

we rented a room. He is gorgeous, and one of the most amazing people I know. I am concerned on so many levels. One

of the room-mates is moving and so there is all that going on and carelessness - even though the rule is to have him in my

room with fresh food and water and a clean box, when anyone is coming and going so an accident would not occur.

I am beside myself. My canine companion of 16+ years and Bodhi's best friend too just passed away a few months ago.

And my mother is traveling a 16 hour journey today with my sister - and we are uncertain she is up to this. It is a necessary move, unavoidable... she said her good-byes last night to me, just in case. O my heart! Give me strength, the love is biting into me with steel teeth!

Oh, Skydancer, I am SO sorry! Beaming all the black cat mojo your way for Bodhi's safe return and your mom's well-being.

My beloved dog of 12 years passed away last August and I know what a huge hole that leaves... so sorry you have this worry now on top of it. I also know that miracles are possible (my sister's cat went walkabout for a full week and they got him back) -- praying that you will have one here. Hugs and all blessings to you.

We can do a 3 way and I will split the cost as well

Great idea, DD!

It's on its way! It's on its way! :cat690: :cat690: :cat690:

Just got my shipping email! Maybe by Monday or Tuesday!!!??? It's on its way! It's on its way! Soooooo excited!!!

Ladies! I put in an email to LP Customer service and as always, they went the extra mile.

Mara said that since it is a rebrew for which she already has recipe and label, we can all order our bottles at the "extra bottle" price. She asked me to get a solid count here of how many bottles people want. Because she is busy with the April NRs right now (pause for squee!) it would be at least a week before she can get to these. Which of course I told her was fine!

So if everyone who is interested could just post how many bottles they are wanting, we will get the ball rolling! I am going to go douse myself liberally and figure out how much more I need, since my hope is to be able to have some bottles to stash away and see if aging makes it more scrumptious than I already find it. And at the rate I'm going through it, it won't happen with the current lot!

So Nutrix - I am really hoping you love it, if by any chance you decide you want another bottle there is a rebrew happening!

ETA: I realize reading back through the thread that apparently I intended to wait a couple of months to do this. Who did I think I was kidding?

ETA: Important correction: please post requests for bottles in the March PE thread!

Edited by Blackcat

So Nutrix - I am really hoping you love it, if by any chance you decide you want another bottle there is a rebrew happening!

ETA: I realize reading back through the thread that apparently I intended to wait a couple of months to do this. Who did I think I was kidding?

ETA: Important correction: please post requests for bottles in the March PE thread!

:lol: I know what you mean sadly :rolleyes:

The way deliveries have been arriving since their move, if hubby is here to pick it up Monday - that's when is should arrive, otherwise I may have to go to the post the following day if they miss him :( - Actually, I will beg husband to pick up, as I would never make it there within the hours they are open Tues. How nerve wracking! LOL!

Request bottles in March PE thread. Got it! (notice how it's automatically bottle"s" should I need more (it's always about need here...) :D

Ok, BC, I just opened my box of goodies and your Black Cat Mojo was in there!!! I know I should let it sit. I know but I ripped that plastic right off the cap like there's no tomorrow and all I can say is W.O.W. :swoon:

If there is possibility of a rebrew, please count me in. This is coming across as everything you described - straight off the postal truck!!! This was definitely for the win and I am so glad that I got the chance to get one. I'll definitely be back in a few days (maybe a week) after it sits and does its thing but I literally had to come straight here and just let you know that this is fantastic.

Ok, BC, I just opened my box of goodies and your Black Cat Mojo was in there!!! I know I should let it sit. I know but I ripped that plastic right off the cap like there's no tomorrow and all I can say is W.O.W. :swoon:

If there is possibility of a rebrew, please count me in. This is coming across as everything you described - straight off the postal truck!!! This was definitely for the win and I am so glad that I got the chance to get one. I'll definitely be back in a few days (maybe a week) after it sits and does its thing but I literally had to come straight here and just let you know that this is fantastic.

Oooh, Storemy, I'm so glad it's working for you!! Rebrew is on: just pop over to the March PE thread and let Mara know how much you would like.

My heart goes out to you Skydancer. I send you positive energy and ask The Lady Bast/et for Bodhi' s safe return home.

Greetings one and all

my heartfelt thanks go out to you all for your prayers, intentions, and requests of The Lady Bast/et,

as Bodhi was found this evening by a lad under the crawl space of a building miles away, who had

somehow seen a flyer and called my room-mate. Who went out there twice, lost the first time himself,

and found the place the second time round.

Bodhi is back home, dehydrated, starved, roughed up, and very grateful to be home.

Ate quietly for more than 15 minutes, some canned food with extra water on top and when he rested did not move

far from the dish. He had a harrowing time of it. I had to stay after the room-mate to keep looking as he wanted to call it

off a week ago - and get me another cat. >.<

I have been smiling with happy tears running down my cheeks the past many minutes saying thanks and making offerings in gratitude for this miracle.

My heart is so full of gratitude to each and every one of you amazing blessed women to hold us and help us get Bodhi home safely. Sometimes it takes a village to find our lost friends.

Thank you from the whole of my heart <3

Purrrr.... Bodhi's Back!

trying to find the thread for the re-brew ~ count me in!

Greetings one and all

my heartfelt thanks go out to you all for your prayers, intentions, and requests of The Lady Bast/et,

as Bodhi was found this evening by a lad under the crawl space of a building miles away, who had

somehow seen a flyer and called my room-mate. Who went out there twice, lost the first time himself,

and found the place the second time round.

Bodhi is back home, dehydrated, starved, roughed up, and very grateful to be home.

Ate quietly for more than 15 minutes, some canned food with extra water on top and when he rested did not move

far from the dish. He had a harrowing time of it. I had to stay after the room-mate to keep looking as he wanted to call it

off a week ago - and get me another cat. >.<

I have been smiling with happy tears running down my cheeks the past many minutes saying thanks and making offerings in gratitude for this miracle.

My heart is so full of gratitude to each and every one of you amazing blessed women to hold us and help us get Bodhi home safely. Sometimes it takes a village to find our lost friends.

Thank you from the whole of my heart <3

Purrrr.... Bodhi's Back!

trying to find the thread for the re-brew ~ count me in!

Oh, Skydancer, YAY! I'm so glad you got your miracle!!!!! My heart is overflowing for you. My sister said that when they got their cat back after his week of being walkabout, he was definitely traumatized and needed time to recover both physically and emotionally, but is doing fine now. I am sure that when Bodhi realizes he is home safe with mommy, he will be his old self.

To let Mara know you would like to be in on the rebrew, just post here: http://lovepotion.invisionzone.com/index.php?showtopic=9097

Once again, so thankful for your miracle.

Bodhi is back home

I have been smiling with happy tears running down my cheeks

What wonderful news! :abfx: So glad this "tail" found a happy end! :heart:

Blackcat! Hubby picked up my parcel today and, of course, BCM was the very first thing I opened when I got in :lol: After promptly applying I am now investigating with much snuffling! I don't know black musk when I smell it I don't think, but I know leather and coffee and I get a wee bit of smoke so the "something else" must be black musk. Is it sweet? I suppose it could be the creamy coffee? You're right, it's more playful than Kat Suit but I am GUSHING over that leather note...AND the coffee - how PURRfect together, Mmmmmmm.......... off to reserve another bottle...or 2!

Update:

Put in for 2...this is just fantastic and smells just as good dry as it did wet. It's a bit softer now and absolutely delish!

Edited by NuTrix

I'll give this more considered opinion later, but what I really like about it is how much it reminds me of Voracious, but with a softer aura to it, I suppose.

I'll give this more considered opinion later, but what I really like about it is how much it reminds me of Voracious, but with a softer aura to it, I suppose.

I LOVE the leather note in that one! I loved it so much, when I got hubs the spray, I got myself a roller of it phero free for myself :D

Then Kat Suit came out, and I did at least get 1 bottle before it fled the shelves,...now THIS! :purr: Not wasting any time stocking up on this one!

I am considering ordering a bottle but I need to read more reviews before I decide. Black Musk can be a motherfucker on me. At times smelling like motor oil and others behaving itself nicely.

I'm still figuring out single notes, but I think black musk is a no-go for me too. However, I don't think I've seen a single person talk about this one smelling alot like musk, so I went ahead and took the plunge. Everything else sounds SO good, and so far I don't have anything "dark" like Kat Suit. I'm hoping this one will be a winner for me!

Blackcat, I am LOVING your PE!!!! I ordered a bottle immediately when I read the description. The black musk, creamy coffee, leather and woodsmoke....how could I not. I am, after all, the b*tch that ordered the last 7 bottles of TT. Maybe you deserve a bottle of my reserve TT for coming up with this delicious Mojo LOL! Thank you for having this one done! It is really a winner.

Blackcat, I am LOVING your PE!!!! I ordered a bottle immediately when I read the description. The black musk, creamy coffee, leather and woodsmoke....how could I not. I am, after all, the b*tch that ordered the last 7 bottles of TT. Maybe you deserve a bottle of my reserve TT for coming up with this delicious Mojo LOL! Thank you for having this one done! It is really a winner.

Aww, Seajammarket, believe me, I've done my share of grabbing the last of something! I'm so glad you're liking the BCM -- which reminds me, I need to pop over and review your Calrissian at some point because wow, I'm loving it!

Aww, Seajammarket, believe me, I've done my share of grabbing the last of something! I'm so glad you're liking the BCM -- which reminds me, I need to pop over and review your Calrissian at some point because wow, I'm loving it!

Blackcat, something to try - after you put on Calrissian, layer some Carbon Black - OMG

Slathered this on today with TH and a cops boosted Luv Truffle around my navel and MAN did I smell fabulous! My hubs, however, is still learning about how LPs morph...

When I first put it on and named the notes he said he thought the musk could give him a headache if I wore too much of it (which surprised me to begin with that he called out musk!) but then after dry down he was adamant that it smelled really nice, but he was just worried about that one note. Now that he's wearing LPs, I think he's beginning to appreciate their uniqueness - and THAT is actually REALLY fun! (that and he better darn well like it, cuz I love it, have 2 more bottles on the way....greedily thinking of a 3rd since Mara made extra....and I plan to be wearing it...A LOT...so, yeah, he better think it's "nice" :lol: )

I think I maybe need to slather a bit more...I feel like it would take me forever to get through a bottle. Of course that's also largely due to the fact that I keep buying more, rather than using what I already have. I was a little bit afraid of perfumes to start with, so I'm gradually wearing more and more, but I still think I go pretty light compared to most!

SLATHER! This one is too delish to NOT! :w00t: But even that won't help me dent my stash...believe me, I've been trying! :D

PS!

Put this on tonight and swear I smell amaretto in there...:huh: Creamy coffee? Hmm....

Edited by NuTrix

Well I got my bottle last night, and even though I KNOW I should let them sit a day, I still tried on everything that came:) I was SO afraid of this being too dark, especially since I think I've pinpointed black musk as being a not-so-great note for me. But I think I'm going to love it! I'm getting alot of leather and coffee, which is what I'd hoped. So, even though travel shock (and the fact that I was kinda stuffy when I tried it on) may be a factor, I think this one is going to be a keeper:)