Jennifer's Black Cat Mojo

Black Cat

I forgot to review this! Well, I almost didn't get a bottle because the black musk scared me. But it turned out to be a good choice getting this. I can't say much different from what everyone else has already said in the other reviews... It's sexy, mysterious and dark. I mostly get rich coffee and a very luxe leather. I feared the coffee would go bitter, and it doesn't! It's very smooth, with a slight sweetness.

Great PE!

I know, isn't the coffee note great! I can just smell my creamy latte as I sit in my sexy black car..

:)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmm Hmm! Couldn't agree more! I've decanted some of the oil into a 15ml bottle to make a spray and am blowing through it! I ALWAYS get compliments when I wear this - Sure to make 'em purrrrrrrrr every time!!! :purr:

• 1 month later...

Wore this yesterday, it's aging very nicely. The scent is positively addictive. No need for pheros, you'll feel like a slinky badass. The scent alone gives me an energy boost. Very hard not to want to wear this over & over.

Mix this with some Audacious or Leather and wow!! :purr:

Seeing this getting love from others made me realize I haven't pulled out since last spring.... not sure why, except it's been a very difficult fall and I haven't felt sparkly or kittenish or audacious. But I put it on this morning and wow! it's aging beautifully, as StacyK said! The individual notes are blending together much more smoothly now; it's harder to pick out any one of them. The intent also feels more focused -- playful and powerful. I agree it doesn't need pheros to be a real mood changer, but it's fun to think of different pairings. I have a bottle boosted with Leather, and I might try that out today for work. But I am also thinking that under other circumstances Sexology might be a great phero for it -- snuggly and purry and slinky! :purr:

I've decanted some into a 15ml spray that's almost used up - good thing I have extras! hehe.... :heart:

Edited by NuTrix

Seeing this getting love from others made me realize I haven't pulled out since last spring.... not sure why, except it's been a very difficult fall and I haven't felt sparkly or kittenish or audacious. But I put it on this morning and wow! it's aging beautifully, as StacyK said! The individual notes are blending together much more smoothly now; it's harder to pick out any one of them. The intent also feels more focused -- playful and powerful. I agree it doesn't need pheros to be a real mood changer, but it's fun to think of different pairings. I have a bottle boosted with Leather, and I might try that out today for work. But I am also thinking that under other circumstances Sexology might be a great phero for it -- snuggly and purry and slinky! :purr:

Ooh Sexology.. Black Cat, Sex Kitten Mojo! :purr:

I received a trial vial of this and was immediately drawn to it because of the name. I also have a special place in my heart for black cats.

This scent is ridiculousness! I love it!!! It's a scent I never knew I wanted and I'm so sad it is no longer available. I wish I had at least one FB of this.

This is addicting and gets better with each wear. The first time I thought it needed more leather, luckly I didn 't have any to add then each time after I got used to this rare coffe/leather blend on it's own. This is one of those scents that I love! Love! Wearing outdoors, when this mixes with the outdoor breeze the scent billows around me and has a true coffee shop effect. And a great morning scent to wake up with if worn the day before.

Edited by Cherise

Thanks Blackcat! I was searching for this and clicked the GGG link. I didn't realize that during this week there are items on both artfire and etsy. Anyway, while I was at work, my dear chelle8422 sent me a message saying there were bottles available. I stopped whatever I was doing and BAM! bought 2 bottles. :) I'm thinking today is a very lucky day!

Yay Tink! I'm so glad I saw it on Artfire. I just bought a bottle unsniffed because I trust your judgement and know we have similar tastes! Super excited to try this one.

You too BC, your BCM is so damn addicting! It's one of the scents that the second I see or read it about here I straight away put it on. (In fact writing this now I just applied some, srsly). I remember when this first came out and I was thisclose to getting it just for the lable alone, that kitty's a rockstar :P.

Thanks Blackcat! I was searching for this and clicked the GGG link. I didn't realize that during this week there are items on both artfire and etsy. Anyway, while I was at work, my dear chelle8422 sent me a message saying there were bottles available. I stopped whatever I was doing and BAM! bought 2 bottles. :) I'm thinking today is a very lucky day!

You will love this brew… I was going to purchase one of these bottles when I got paid this past week….

I got home last night and went to my mailbox and there was my package from LPMP containing the Black Cat Mojo I bought! I was SO excited! So, what am I wearing today? Well, I've SLATHERED myself with Black Cat Mojo. SLATHERED. I smell incredible. And now I find that I need to swing by the coffee shop before I continue with the rest of my day. :)

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to score a bottle of this off the trade forum. I'd seen it briefly available after a rebrew but waffled so much on whether to try it that the opportunity passed me by (I've tried off-ranch leather scents and though I liked them, I never found any that I thought of as wearable, if that makes any sense).

But I am so, SO glad I managed to find a bottle after all. I love it so hard. I really wish I had jumped at my first chance to buy it so there hopefully would have been time to get it in a spray, too, that is how much I love it. My previous leather scent experiences have been pretty much "smelling like someone carrying an expensive leather handbag while wearing perfume" but this is nothing like that. The leather is actually part of the scent and it works, it really does. Everything meshes together so beautifully, the coffee and the woodsmoke and the musk. Every note is just enough, not too much, not too little. And omg, the musk. I don't know if I've ever tried black musk before but I'm a musk lover in general and this one does not disappoint. I love love love Black Cat Mojo and if it is ever rebrewed again I am going for that spray ;) Thank you Blackcat for sharing your mojo with us in this PE!

• 6 months later...

I'm noticing many lp's and melts smell even better in the summer heat, I guess cause heat expands making scents more explosive w aroma tho they tend to burn out faster (but have lp's to burn so no problem there). I love BCM even more in the summer if that's possible, the heat adds warm coffee effect, some melted carmel hint of tabacco. More drinkable in the summer. Soon after the new lp's are sampled, BCM's last third of the bottle will be devoured in record time. Great year around scent.

Edited by Cherise

• 1 month later...

Blackcat, I'm trying to find words! The hype is REAL. I think this is my favorite out of all the new ones to come my way..definitely top ten of all time! I like this more than some of my OWN PE's.

I'll be back with more later, busy right now and wanna do this some justice with a great review!

eta: one thing I'll say, I had been debating cutting my hair short for about a month..it was dead and TIRED. Well, about an hour after I put the Mojo on,I had my mom chop it! I feel like a new, sexy lady! I thinnnk it was the Mojo!

Edited by cheeseburger79

Oh, Cheesey, I'm so glad you're loving it! Mara put some serious attitude in this one, and it gives me a kick like nothing else. Congrats on the haircut -- I bet you're rocking it, and I hope the Black Cat Mojo keeps working for you!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, it's been a couple weeks and I'm gonna try to do this one some justice!

First of all, I'm in love with it. I wanna sing the Olivia Newton John song to it. It brings out my young rebel heart...it makes me feel about ten years younger! It makes me want to go out and commit harmless crimes like I did in my twenties,like breaking into long abandoned buildings and exploring them with my friends, or spray painting graffiti under a bridge with a bunch of skater boys. Things I did, this brings back those memories. Makes me feel...makes me REMEMBER the 'rascal' in me. That I used to be young,sassy and very daring. It reminds me that even though I'm not that person anymore,she IS still in there,and letting a bit of her out once in awhile isn't a bad thing.

In my twenties, I belonged to a fairly large group of musicians,artists and hooligans and we called ourselves "The Rouge River Rebels". We did a lot of harmlessly illegal things like that, looting abandoned houses,breaking into buildings to explore, etc..plenty of legal fun stuff too,lots of music festivals,'Primal' camping trips, parties, BBQs,blah blah blah. There was a ton of us,all young, the world our oyster,none of us knew yet that the world could be cruel. The Rebels are long defunct now, were all grown up with jobs and kids,but this scent reminds me of that time SO much. It's very dear to my heart.

The scent itself is delicious. A thick cappuccino pudding you could stick a fork in, while wearing a vintage Brook's black leather jacket. Narcotic black musk with it's cola-like edge,smoothing it all out and projecting puffs of goodness everywhere.

But for me its the nostalgia, it washes over me each time I wear it. Mix tapes, kicking up dust and trouble on the street, making out in backseats, ruffians at the drive-in theatre,long summer days,murder city nights,road trips,all long gone. All care free. You don't realize how special those days are till they are over. My life is even better now than it was then,but I'll always cherish those years. I guess more than anything,this reminds me of my best friend Eddie. He was my constant companion throughout those years,and he's gone now. But I can smell his leather jacket in Mojo,I close my eyes and I'm back...

I can wear this now and enjoy how absolutely wildly delicious it is, and I can remember that I DO have a wild side,and its perfectly well she comes out sometimes. Thanks for this Experience, Blackcat and Mara! (and John too of course if you worked on this one!)

• 1 month later...

I was lucky enough to get a sniffie of this, finally! Thanks, Cheesy!

Maybe it's my skin chemistry, but damn! This smells almost identical to BPAL's Snake Oil on me! And the notes aren't even the same, lol. I love it though. The leather and black musk made me hesitate when it was released. Nothing to be scared of here, though. This is gorgeous!

• 2 months later...

This has really sweetened up on me, I'm surprised; I figured it might go more masculine with time. I really like it, though, there's something about a sweetened leather type vibe that I just adore, so I'm glad BCM evolved in that way for me.

• 2 months later...

OK, I've been meaning to pop back here for a while because there have been some really lovely reviews... somehow this one has been at the back of my closet for a while. I'm not sure why, but today I pulled out my spray and spritzed up with it and I could not believe my nose. This must have hit some milestone for being perfectly aged because, while I've always loved it, I feel as if it has hit a new level of amazingness. Luna talks about being sweetened up for her -- on me, it's that the cream in coffee has somehow come forward while the leather and musk are a bit softer. There is unbelievably sensuous creamy depth to it now that I don't remember from before! And as always, this is such a personal power scent. I am feeling a bit of swagger in my step and really wanting to get up to some mischief. Not sure there are any opportunities for it, but even to want to is such a great feeling after some rather rugged months!

OK, I've been meaning to pop back here for a while because there have been some really lovely reviews... somehow this one has been at the back of my closet for a while. I'm not sure why, but today I pulled out my spray and spritzed up with it and I could not believe my nose. This must have hit some milestone for being perfectly aged because, while I've always loved it, I feel as if it has hit a new level of amazingness. Luna talks about being sweetened up for her -- on me, it's that the cream in coffee has somehow come forward while the leather and musk are a bit softer. There is unbelievably sensuous creamy depth to it now that I don't remember from before! And as always, this is such a personal power scent. I am feeling a bit of swagger in my step and really wanting to get up to some mischief. Not sure there are any opportunities for it, but even to want to is such a great feeling after some rather rugged months!

That's totally the VIBE I get from it. Without pheros. Add the right pheromones and I'm thinking of the old Stones song. I think it's called Stray Cat Blues. .." Oh yea you're a strange stray cat...." Lol.

I know! This one is such a good example of how pheros are great, but hand some intent over to Mara and she can craft something just as powerful out of scent alone.

I confess most of my scents are designed with attraction/bonding stuff in mind. What I love about BCM is that it is just about me. I feel like I'm awesome and that's totally enough for me when I wear it. It makes me want to pop the dog in the car, put some great music on and just hit the road for Terrifyingly Amazing Single Lady Adventures.

I know! This one is such a good example of how pheros are great, but hand some intent over to Mara and she can craft something just as powerful out of scent alone.

I confess most of my scents are designed with attraction/bonding stuff in mind. What I love about BCM is that it is just about me. I feel like I'm awesome and that's totally enough for me when I wear it. It makes me want to pop the dog in the car, put some great music on and just hit the road for Terrifyingly Amazing Single Lady Adventures.

Yes!!! exactly :)

• 3 months later...

Is there any chance of a rebrew of this? I feel like I missed out on something amazing here.

It's a PE. So you can order it like you would order a PE. Instead of choosing notes etc, just type in "Jennifers Black Cat Mojo".

Edited by StacyK

Is there any chance of a rebrew of this? I feel like I missed out on something amazing here.

Hey, CK! Just FYI, I think Mara said that at least one of the sources for the coffee note got used up on the last rebrew, so I think it won't be identical. But knowing Mara, she would probably do something even more amazing!

So I was musing on future PEs the other day, and thinking that next year I might want to actually get out there and do some online dating again (once the job settles down and the home renovations are complete) -- not with an idea of meeting Mr. Right, but maybe finding some Mr. Right Nows, if you know what I mean! I was trying to imagine a spell potion I could ask Mara to craft for that and realized, I already have Black Cat Mojo! Perfect for going on the prowl with no expectations of anything other than a series of sweet adventures!

Edited by Blackcat

Hey, CK! Just FYI, I think Mara said that at least one of the sources for the coffee note got used up on the last rebrew, so I think it won't be identical. But knowing Mara, she would probably do something even more amazing!

So I was musing on future PEs the other day, and thinking that next year I might want to actually get out there and do some online dating again (once the job settles down and the home renovations are complete) -- not with an idea of meeting Mr. Right, but maybe finding some Mr. Right Nows, if you know what I mean! I was trying to imagine a spell potion I could ask Mara to craft for that and realized, I already have Black Cat Mojo! Perfect for going on the prowl with no expectations of anything other than a series of sweet adventures!

Wooo! You go, girl!! :sleazy:

And if this gets rebrewed, count me in for one!

Be interested to hear your experiences, if you choose to share them. I have a thread in my journal. I shared some observations and got helpful tips too.

• 5 months later...

I ordered a rebrew of this months go and I'm loving this version but I guess a couple of months has made it more likable for the hubby.

He initially wasn't too impressed with it, or just non reactive. This weekend he was all over it and kept saying that I smelled like amaretto cookies. He couldn't comment enough, being trapped in a car for 10 hrs actually became a little annoying. I need to make the time to do a side by side comparison for a day of the original and rebrew and make notes. I love them both though.

• 1 year later...

I always wanted to try this, and thanks to the lovely Eastwood22, who sent me a sample, I'm trying it right now! I would never have guessed that I'd love it so much, going by the notes, but OH MAN THIS SMELLS INCREDIBLE! I don't even remember now, what's in this, but whatever it is, I want to roll around in it. Forever. Damn. I hope there's another rebrew at some point. This kitty could use some Black Cat Mojo.

I always wanted to try this, and thanks to the lovely Eastwood22, who sent me a sample, I'm trying it right now! I would never have guessed that I'd love it so much, going by the notes, but OH MAN THIS SMELLS INCREDIBLE! I don't even remember now, what's in this, but whatever it is, I want to roll around in it. Forever. Damn. I hope there's another rebrew at some point. This kitty could use some Black Cat Mojo.

If I remember correctly, and I may not, I think I sent a sample of the rebrew I ordered to Eastwood. So it wouldn't be the original BCM and Mara could probably do a rebrew. I still have 3 full bottles of the rebrew but scored another original in trades. The original is still my all time favorite LP but the the rebrew is also great.

If I remember correctly, and I may not, I think I sent a sample of the rebrew I ordered to Eastwood. So it wouldn't be the original BCM and Mara could probably do a rebrew. I still have 3 full bottles of the rebrew but scored another original in trades. The original is still my all time favorite LP but the the rebrew is also great.

If the sample was in a little vial with a curved top and a black, long-wanded stopper, that's it. Funny - I actually thought of you when I saw it, 'cause it reminded me of the funky-cool way you made all your samples and sprays and travel goodies. They were all so pretty and streamlined! :D

Whether it's the original or the rebrew, it smells gorgeous. It has an unexpectedly sultry edge to it that I LOVE. :hearts0425:

If the sample was in a little vial with a curved top and a black, long-wanded stopper, that's it. Funny - I actually thought of you when I saw it, 'cause it reminded me of the funky-cool way you made all your samples and sprays and travel goodies. They were all so pretty and streamlined! :D

Whether it's the original or the rebrew, it smells gorgeous. It has an unexpectedly sultry edge to it that I LOVE. :hearts0425:

Yep, that's the rebrew, I'm so OCD about labeling, I should send you a sample of the original so you can compare. That's awesome that you thought of me. :hearts0425: I love, love, love the BCM! Add LFM, unstoppable.