Valerie's Misty Melon Patch

Finally reviewing this but I loved it from the start! Mara (I almost said Melon lol) did a great job. It's fresh and lovely and has that bit of greenness I requested and the marshmallow sits close to the skin with the musk very nicely. I did request that the raspberry be light and it is, I can't say I could really pick it out on it's own but it is probably one of those things that you don't really notice it being there unless it was gone, I think maybe it gives it a slightly tart edge. Would make a nice summery scent for if you want something fruity but a bit more sultry or dark maybe, which might be a strange way to describe a melon scent but I think the musk green from the birch leaf make it that way, it doesn't just scream "FROOT". I just got the spray form but I will probably get a bottle of the roll on soon too. I'm not sure if they would react differently on the skin.

Thank you Mara!

Edited by ivy_fiddlefox

• 2 months later...

So I finally took the plunge and got this, and it is wonderful! Very soft and subtle -- the melon and raspberry are tart and subtle, and the marshmallow just softens the whole thing and adds that light textured airy quality without being in any way sweet or candied. The birch leaves make the musk feel very fresh and green. This is a perfect summer scent, and it's so subtle that I think you could get away with wearing it in any setting -- it's just a wispy delicate hint of fragrance that rides close to the skin and emits fresh natural gorgeousness.

The name is perfect by the way -- in another thread, StacyK mentioned Mara's ability to capture/evoke a particular season/landscape/sense memory, and this one makes me think of a garden in very early morning at the height of summer, when it's still cool and still and quiet, with patches of mist that will be burned off by the sun as soon as the day gets underway. Just lovely!

ETA: If you are a fan of Terra Mater, you will probably love this!

ETA: I just got back from lunch at a friend's house -- when she saw me standing on the doorstep, she exclaimed, "You look wonderful!" And then, when she hugged me, she inhaled deeply and said, "Oh, wow, you smell wonderful too!"

I'd had this on for over three hours by the time she smelled me, so it has good staying power!

Edited by Blackcat

Okay, BC -- I was on the fence about this one, but your wonderful review just pushed me over the edge into FB mode.

Thank you for that great review!

It is pretty great! For me it's in the "barely there" category shortly after application, but I got really nice reactions from others all day!

Also, midday I added Un Cuddle Bunny and respritzed The Melon Patch and that was a winning combo!

It is pretty great! For me it's in the "barely there" category shortly after application, but I got really nice reactions from others all day!

Actually, it's a plus for me that the melon is sheer. Melon itself can be rather forward. I would not want to walk around smelling like an outdoor farmer's market.

Edited by Just Ducky

• 1 year later...

Wendy gave me a sample of this when we met the other day. I'm in full out serenade under your window carve our initials on a tree love. This is gorgeous! The melon really is quite sheer as is the birch. Something about the birch leaves is almost reading spicy to me. Almost like a soft carnation. I know that's bizarre because they are nothing alike but that's what it reminds me of. The vanilla musk is to die for. Soft and smooth. And marshmallow. Omg. This has all my favorite notes but it wasn't even on my radar because I'm not super into melon. I'm buying two bottles. One will never ever do. It's soft and sheer and smooth but with some tang from the fruit and a little bite from the birch leaves. Perfection! I haven't fallen this hard and fast for an LP in a long time. Yummmmmy.

• 3 weeks later...

When I first sprayed this, I admit, I didn't think I would like it. Very green, almost unripe melon glaring at me, it almost reminded me a bit of pickles. I had a feeling this melon note would be one that would burn off. And halos glowing review kept me hanging in there to let this settle and bloom. I am so glad I waited it out. The melon fades fast, like after 5-10 minutes or so. This is soft and puffy vanilla musk and marshmallow powder, made slightly tart by that barely there, lingering melon. This might be in the same family as Totem Bunny for me, which is one of my favorite LP scents. A slightly green but fuzzy, comfortable scent. I'm very happy I have a bottle.

• 7 months later...