Totem: Tiger

Beccah

AD-TotemTiger_1.jpg

Totem: Tiger

Considered perhaps the most beautiful and fiercest of all the large cats, Tiger is forever a fascination to our kind. Unpredictable and independent, yet also passionate and sensual, humans have long desired to embody the nobility and strength of Tiger, and our scented totem encompasses these traits as well as the beautiful markings of this great beast. A fruity and spicy mélange of apricot, passionfruit, papaya, ginger and nutmeg adorned with peppery carnation and a woody base of vetiver, cypress, balsam and cedar topped with a dash of vanilla and a drop of African coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Magickal Meanings of Ingredients:

PASSION FRUIT ~ Friendship, love, passion.
APRICOT ~ Love, love, love! Romance, passion, femininity.
PAPAYA ~ Love, protection.
Health of body and mind, clarity. Magnification of devotion.
CARNATION ~ Power, energy, protection. Fascination, admiration.
GINGER ~ Fiery and
fortifying, induces passion. Intensifies love spells and success spells.

Love, money, success, power. Ginger increases sensitivity in the erogenous zones.
CEDAR ~ Confidence inducing, balancing, grounding, energizing, money, healing, protection, purification.
CYPRESS ~ Sacrifice, resurrection, perfection, truth, youth, freedom, music.
NUTMEG ~ Strengthens clairvoyance, luck, money, health, fidelity.
VETIVER ~ Enhances perception of beauty. Love, sensuality, money, luck, hex-breaking.
BALSAM ~ Fertility, purification, strength, rejuvenation, calming and soothing, healing, protection, money, long life.
COFFEE ~ Focus, stamina, concentration, determination.
VANILLA ~ Aphrodisiac, inspires happiness, playfulness, sexual arousal, lust, vitalizing.

This is the one I am most intrigued by. I am praying the vetiver is light and blends in well. Mama tigers are my special totem animal and I begged Mara to do Tiger. She almost did Bobcat instead. Thank you Mara!!

This is the one I am most intrigued by. I am praying the vetiver is light and blends in well. Mama tigers are my special totem animal and I begged Mara to do Tiger. She almost did Bobcat instead. Thank you Mara!!

Lol oh see? I would have been all over Bobcat! No way you can please everyone... ;-) This does sound vurrrah intriguing!

I really hope that this one is good. Tiger always appears to me in my dreams. Usually by a river somewhere. I think this is going to smell like a tree house in the jungle on a rainy day drinking hot coffee from a tin cup.

I like that idea. Like Tarzan/Jane style living in a jungle treehouse. Drinking some coffee.

This sounds so good. there are 4 that are so me this is one. Must be my Yang side. The others are pretty soft and cuddly, very Yin. :lol;

• 2 weeks later...

INCREDIBLE!!! THIS IS WHY YOU TRY EVERYTHING. Some of the notes in this scared me off, but the unbearably adorable sampler packaging lends itself to the fun "blind grab", and I grabbed this today. Foody blast to start and then It's all grown up and sophisticated and very modern. Charlize Theron in the J'adore commercial keeps coming to mind -- smart, statuesque, powerful, utterly commanding the room without effort.

Being born in the year of the Tiger, I had to try this one first. As befits a tiger, it was a little scary at first as all the notes confused my nose although the bouquet was exciting. By half an hour in it had started to settle and it is indescribable, but I'll try. I can;t decide if its the apricot or the coffee or maybe the background of cedar and cypress, but this one settles down to confident lady. It's sweet, soft and intriguing. The tiger has amazing staying power. I wore it yesterday and woke up this morning and still smelled delicious. I

This is somehow amping really spicy on me. I think the carnation, ginger, cedar and nutmeg are the notes that are the strongest on me. I'm weird, but it's reminding me of Christmas spices. Like Christmas trees. Don't laugh, I'm a weird one. But, my skin loves to amp spice notes, I wish I was getting more of the passion fruit and apricot.

Bummer because I looove tigers. I'll have to test again later.

Edited by hearts

What I get from this primarily is the carnation and spices (the fruit stays behind in the vial), and I like that, but I think it may have to age a bit before I can fully appreciate it. But this is the kind of floral a guy can wear in that it's very spicy but at the same time refined and powerful.

Hehe...I had to look at the notes because for some reason I wasn't thinking fruit for Tiger and out of the vile I got fruit but it's ok, because there are several fruit notes. They did not stay very long and the I got spice and cedar - thank to me PE, I learned that carnation is spicy and I think it compliments the other notes I'm reading well. This one isn't reading particularly feminine to me but I don't exactly get masculine either. I'm really digging the spicy woodsy aspect of it A LOT. I'll have to try this one again, just not sure what all to think of it yet. Don't know that it's for me, but I'm definitely fascinated...

• 2 weeks later...

This one is interesting. I'm just going to describe how it smells in my skin. Im not note hunting for individual notes, not that I could find them all. :lol: I don't know if it's a scent memory association or my skin can magically change perfume notes but I am loving this great spicy carnation, In the background, I get these familiar notes that literally come from nowhere. I do like it. I've got a lot of carnation swirling around. It's hot/spicy carnation (thanks ginger!) with a badass undercurrent of tobacco and leather. IDK what to say, that's what I smell. I really liked it but sadly. and this seems to be a reoccurring theme with these NRs so far, I get no staying power. I had moisturized well before application. Though this did last longer than "Bat".

Humm, I can see I'll be retrying some of these, to see how they age.

I don't know what I am getting but I GET IT! OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS.

Tyvey you are 100000% right. Wet I get something salty which I think is the Balsalm. It hangs in limbo for a while before becoming this fucking VAVAVOOOOOM BITCHES SEXY TIGRESS SCENT. Tyvey it's sooo Charlize's commercial.

I don't know what I am getting but I GET IT! OMG I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THIS.

Tyvey you are 100000% right. Wet I get something salty which I think is the Balsalm. It hangs in limbo for a while before becoming this fucking VAVAVOOOOOM BITCHES SEXY TIGRESS SCENT. Tyvey it's sooo Charlize's commercial.

Really twin? I'm going to have to retest this for sure then!

Really twin? I'm going to have to retest this for sure then!

You have to retest it. This is perfect on me. The wet stage is salty a bit like really really fresh water then it gets all gorge.

It could be my period that is makng it beautiful too. I can't wear anything too foodie or floral. It gives me a headache sometimes, this is really beautiful on me though. It's like something Cleopatra would wear.

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this yet, since I went full bottle! I was really unsure reading the description if it was going to work for me -- sometimes the more complex blends just muddle my nose, and I wasn't sure about all the fruit. This is GORGEOUS -- the fruit mostly works to sweeten and feminize the spiciness, but when I say feminize I mean it unleashes the essence of big cat prowly female sensuality! This is warm and fierce and sexy. I am going to wear it today, because we are having a cool bright day and this will warm me up and remind me that it is spring and summer is around the corner. But I really can't wait to wear it in hot weather -- I'm imagining wearing this on one of those bright hot July days, lying on the grass and soaking up sun and purrrrrring.

I don't know how I haven't reviewed this yet, since I went full bottle! I was really unsure reading the description if it was going to work for me -- sometimes the more complex blends just muddle my nose, and I wasn't sure about all the fruit. This is GORGEOUS -- the fruit mostly works to sweeten and feminize the spiciness, but when I say feminize I mean it unleashes the essence of big cat prowly female sensuality! This is warm and fierce and sexy. I am going to wear it today, because we are having a cool bright day and this will warm me up and remind me that it is spring and summer is around the corner. But I really can't wait to wear it in hot weather -- I'm imagining wearing this on one of those bright hot July days, lying on the grass and soaking up sun and purrrrrring.

How long do you find it lasts on your skin?

I loved this scent wise but I was disappointed it did not lady long, maybe 3 hours on me.

How long do you find it lasts on your skin?

I loved this scent wise but I was disappointed it did not lady long, maybe 3 hours on me.

Hmm, most scents don't last long on me, but I've actually done pretty well with this one. I have the oil roll-on, and I do liberal swipes on belly and cleavage. Which means my shirt picks up some of it, so by the end of the day I usually have just lingering traces of scent on my skin but the shirt will still smell quite strongly of sexy spicy goodness. And need to be washed before I can wear any other scent with it.

Thanks BC, I love the scent, my skin has been very thirst the lady couple of weeks. I'll have to try this again!!

You guys are killing me... I love a good carnation.

Tyvey, your Flora is TDF.

• 2 weeks later...

:KITTY_~12: I actually love this one now... but I didn't at first! My skin really amps the cypress and balsam (probably the vetiver and cedar too but I'm still learning to decipher individual notes effectively!)... I typically like green scents but this one was face down in the grass with a hangover kind of green for me. Not pretty. I revisited it and while it definitely has a green layer to its aura, it really toned down and took a back seat to the fruit, carnation and spice notes. The label itself is a perfect visual for it... the little tiger (fruit/carnation/spice) asleep on the wooden log surrounded by fresh green grass. Thank goodness the tiger finally took control and showed nature who's boss. It is spicy and powerful with great staying power.

Edited by LoveStruck55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Started out liking this one, but now it seems the cedar and balsam are duking it out for top note. There are so many other great notes in this one - I really hope it settles down and ages a bit softer. It stays for hours.

• 1 month later...

I hadn't worn this since my last outing, and the past months have made it even lovelier! So rich, so lush, with serious throw (and absolutely glorious on a hot day like today -- I think sweat actually makes this one smell even better!) and yet never loud or intrusive. And it lasts! Essence of Tiger indeed.

• 8 months later...

Spice and resin with a fruity edge. Reminds me of a long gone creation by Kenzo, interestingly also named "jungle". There were two: jungle elephant and jungle tiger. I can't remember which one this scent reminds me of. It's oriental, sultry, definitely off the beaten path. It could be great on both men and women, although I sense it leans towards the feminine. Either way, I think it would be best for Evening wear. I'll edit this post after wearing it a couple times. Good job.

• 3 months later...

I got this as part of the sale and BOY! DO I LOVE THIS!

Initially, I get bright fruit. I can't identify one fruit but more of a melange of the passion fruit, apricot and papaya with papaya being the strongest. Right under fruit is the powder spiciness of carnation with ginger. .. I love carnation's inherent spiciness but when it is coupled with ginger and nutmeg, it pretty much eclipses anything else. Nutmeg is right there, front and center. I want to think I can smell a bit of coffee, but I think the combo of woods like cedar, cypress and woody spices like nutmeg are more up front.

It's really very sophisticated and mature. Very very different from many of the LPs I've picked up previously. It's very fall-like and crisp and grown up. Makes me want to walk around my office with stilettos and a pointer, wearing a pencil skirt with a perfectly coordinated blazer and a perfect french twist, whole calmly saying "you, run a report on this. . you, I need a chart that shows this. . and you, come here and pour me a martini."

I wanted a scent that exuded authority and benevolent power. This may be it!

ETA: At about an hour, it morphed again into a powdery spicy carnation with a definite green middle note. . powder on top, green on the periphery, and the spices under all of that. Very lovely and sophisticated and well blended.

Edited by johnsonlisa90012

• 5 months later...

I still can't get over how *expensive* this smells. People pay $200 for niche perfumes in this genre.

Seriously, this is crazy, especially once I dropped a squirt of LFN into the sample I had.

I wore it to shows where a really attractive percussionist guy plays... last night was such a show... he drank some scotch and held the glass in his hand while we were talking.

He leaned in several times to place his glass on the ledge of the bench we stood next to... even though he didn't need to free his hands for anything. He just leaned in casually to catch a little closeness, way in my personal space. I think the LFN was in action, when he leaned in he stayed close for a second before standing up straight again. I was very aware of it and enjoyed it very much.

ETA: So you know I had to get a full bottle, yeah?

I mean... sensual sorcery like this is... beautiful.

Edited by reincarnated

• 3 months later...

The more I wear this fragrance the more I seem to "get" it. Just when I'd decided that it was nice, but not for me, another day, another slather seems to be pushing me over the edge, plus hubby really likes Totem Tiger on me. The blend of tropical fruits seem to sweeten the spicy gourmand notes, while the rich woody notes give a resinous quality. It tends to become creamier throughout wear, softening the scent.

• 1 month later...

This is powdery, spicy, sexiness! I had to get a trial because I only did a sniff test before gifting my first tester away.

I will give this a full day's run before making a decision but OMG, I'm loving this right now! Rawr!!

This is one of my all time favorite LPs. It's sexy and sophisticated and glamourous and more like a classic commercial perfume than many I love. My friend who came over to sniff my LPs on Sunday physically recoiled when she sniffed this bottle. I cracked up. She doesn't like carnation though so that's no surprise that she didn't care for it.

I've been eyeing this one, it sounds similar to spicebomb -- which I love and wear and it doesn't smell dude-ish on me. Anyone have experience with sniffing both?

Edited by WildVixen