Totem: Tiger

Beccah

What's this still doing here,haha? It's kind of a tough one to describe, but Halo has it nailed saying that it's commercial-like. It totally is! Like... Ok, if I think of the "word" perfume as an archetype, that's what Totem Tiger smells like to me. It reminds me very much of a few of the big heavies from the 80's and 90's. Estee Lauder Spellbound, Hermes 24 Faubourg and even Dior Poison come to mind. This is dialed down lower than those, but the composition is very similar to me. Actually, even better because all those dear classics have been reformulated into shadows of themselves, and unless you spring for the vintages, your better off forgetting it. Tiger is scorching hot and slinky. Super sexy and commanding, but also approachable. The notes are pretty hard to pick out because it's such a well blended perfume. I get Carnation front and center, and the zing of passion fruit on top, but really, it's just so well blended that it is masterful...and harder to pick apart than most. I see the hype here. This one, Soie et Foururre and a few others really prove to me what LPMP as a "House" is capable of, and it's Magical. :) Creating something this well balanced, with so many notes and still adhering to the overall concept without smelling discordant in any way takes TALENT. Again, I'm just really suprised this one is still here!

Edited by cheeseburger79

• 4 months later...

It reminds me very much of a few of the big heavies from the 80's and 90's. Estee Lauder Spellbound, Hermes 24 Faubourg and even Dior Poison come to mind. This is dialed down lower than those, but the composition is very similar to me.

Cheesy, this sealed the deal for me. Poison was my jam back in '86!

Has anyone put this on their man or smelled it on one? Any of you guys worn this?

Edited by Eastwood22

• 3 weeks later...

I decided that I'd let my man try this one and see how it smelled on him, told him it was unisex. And then he left it on the coffee table, so I wore it two days in a row, and decided I was silly and it wasn't unisex, that I liked it and was keeping it. Except I guess I forgot to tell him, so he put it away in his box. And then I smelled him yesterday, and he smelled so good, and yup, it was Totem Tiger. And then at 6pm today I again noticed he smelled delicious, and asked, and he said that he had put it on at 10am, so has staying power on him. He reapplied before work tonight with a little SWS, he still smells good, can't smell it as much, though, 7 hrs later, but it's still nice. Totally letting him keep it! It's like a smooth tropical spice on him. Ladies, try this on your men.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided that I'd let my man try this one and see how it smelled on him, told him it was unisex. And then he left it on the coffee table, so I wore it two days in a row, and decided I was silly and it wasn't unisex, that I liked it and was keeping it. Except I guess I forgot to tell him, so he put it away in his box. And then I smelled him yesterday, and he smelled so good, and yup, it was Totem Tiger. And then at 6pm today I again noticed he smelled delicious, and asked, and he said that he had put it on at 10am, so has staying power on him. He reapplied before work tonight with a little SWS, he still smells good, can't smell it as much, though, 7 hrs later, but it's still nice. Totally letting him keep it! It's like a smooth tropical spice on him. Ladies, try this on your men.

I guess it woyld be down to chemisrty as to this one. But, carnation is definitely unisex in general. The Ivory Cats set had a great carnation for men.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 10:39 AM, StacyK said:

I guess it woyld be down to chemisrty as to this one. But, carnation is definitely unisex in general. The Ivory Cats set had a great carnation for men.

Stacy, I'm even thinking of getting him a back up and then boosting it with some Charisma from the trials. He does amp greenery so maybe that makes it more masculine on him? The whole Ivory Cats line makes me happy, and i know i got BF a sample of the Dianthus, but I can't remember what it smelled like and there's no way I'm getting off the sofa right now. I'll ask him to wear it tomorrow, though.

Edited by Eastwood22

Yes, Dianthus. Thats it. Great on a guy. It was too strong and boy leaning for me (i do wear some LP boy scents). But, I gave it to my son and he liked it. Hes usually more of a greenery guy or clean.

But, he enjoyed his trial. And that lable.

Thank god I'm on here all the time, clearly I store my memory on this forum. Completely forgot I was going to have him wear this today. As luck would have it, he's in the shower and currently unscented. His only UN Phero is SWS, maybe I'll spritz him with some Open Windows, we're taking the kids bowling. I'll jump on over to that thread....

Edited by Eastwood22

• 1 year later...

I wore this the other day. I would have sworn that it had licorice or cinnamon in it, but I see now that it does not. Although I could easily be mixing up the other spices for cinnamon. I don't know where I got "licorice" from, though. 

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. I wasn't super-crazy about it. It's okay though. I think maybe it's not a "me" scent.

2 hours ago, Eastwood22 said:

@Lainey my man wears this one, it's so good on him! Maybe slap some on the hubby?

Yeah, maybe. We have found a really suitable scent for him in the Cuba brand, "Gold." It smells amazing on him. So he's not too into all these LPs like I am.